Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 9, 3:12 AM

Jun 2015
Looks quite decent to me since I don't bother much about it being full cg, but not sure about the majority. Voice acting is good too despite Seiyuus being new.

[Broadcast starts from Friday, April 5, 2024]

Feb 9, 3:39 AM
Oct 2021
Im like Bang Dream,Bocchi t
he roc and K-ON series this is anime makes me interested in watching it 😆
Feb 9, 6:34 AM
Feb 2022
it sounds good, as in music and voice acting, I'm bummed about the CG, but will still give it a try because I really like music series.
Feb 9, 7:27 AM
Dec 2022
I'mma give this a try. The CGI is not what I was expecting but it's a music series so for sure.
Feb 9, 8:53 AM
Jun 2021
Haha, every girl band has to be aiming for the Budokan.

Jokes aside, I think this anime's gonna be a hidden gem. IDC if people think the animation looks manky, the smoothness is gonna be amazing for performances. As a guitar/bass player, seeing accurately animated playing brings me immense joy and shows the dedication Toei put into putting the "band" in Girls Band Cry.

Ok, I guess I have to make the obligatory "this show is just like (girl band anime)" comparison. Judging by the past trailers and visuals, I think Girls Band Cry is going to be along the lines of BanG Dream MyGO, which was somewhat melodramatic without being overly depressing or heavy-handed. I don't think Bocchi or K-ON are good comparisons, since they were mainly comedies, whereas Girls Band Cry seems to present itself as more of a drama with comedy elements.

But even if the story turns out to be meh (as most music series' tend to be), just seeing girls in a band is enough for me.
Feb 9, 12:44 PM

Apr 2018
Looks better than the first PV. I actually think the CG looks ok, compared to bang dream and D4DJ. Still quite sad it doesn't look anything like the promotional art though.
Feb 9, 11:53 PM

Aug 2013
eggrollSource said:
Haha, every girl band has to be aiming for the Budokan.

Jokes aside, I think this anime's gonna be a hidden gem. IDC if people think the animation looks manky, the smoothness is gonna be amazing for performances. As a guitar/bass player, seeing accurately animated playing brings me immense joy and shows the dedication Toei put into putting the "band" in Girls Band Cry.

Ok, I guess I have to make the obligatory "this show is just like (girl band anime)" comparison. Judging by the past trailers and visuals, I think Girls Band Cry is going to be along the lines of BanG Dream MyGO, which was somewhat melodramatic without being overly depressing or heavy-handed. I don't think Bocchi or K-ON are good comparisons, since they were mainly comedies, whereas Girls Band Cry seems to present itself as more of a drama with comedy elements.

But even if the story turns out to be meh (as most music series' tend to be), just seeing girls in a band is enough for me.

Since you like well-animated instruments in anime, I recommend carole & tuesday and hibike euphonium :) if you haven’t watched them yet. They’re so beautiful

But yeah, as for this anime, I’m also looking forward to it. I do think that 3D animation wise, Bandori is superior, but I’m sure we’ll all be pleasantly surprised
Feb 20, 4:56 PM

Sep 2020
I was so hyped for this. The PV was cool and the character designs look great. Then it turns out to be god awful CG. The characters look like VTubers when they move and it does not look good at all. They don’t feel like characters at all.

I don’t mind CG anime. Trigun Stampede was great and I’m hyped for Duke of Death S3. This just does not look good at all to warrant me watching. If I hear good things I may pick it back up
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 8:08 PM

Mar 2023
Yayyy. Idk how many 'members' this MAL entry will get, but I shall memorialize myself as one of the first 6,000. Never knew this story existed but I saw the trailer and it looks groovy. I love music-making stories.

I'm not too fond of the CGI/3D trend we're seeing in the anime scene, but at least it's at a minimum, and oftentimes it doesn't even look that bad, i.e. the new Vash the Stampede anime. There will always be a beauty in conveying a story in 2D, but I'll be damned - I love the expressiveness of the characters; nothing feels bulky or polygonal or cheap or distracting; it looks like a world to truly get immersed in. Now let's just hope the instrument playing is animated correctly!
Feb 21, 7:03 PM
Apr 2022
NOT AGAIN A CGI ANIME AAAAAA

I was so excited since the characters look nice but the god awful animation. Might check out the first ep and decide if the writing and characters are watchable. But Atleast the voice acting seems decent.

I'm not gonna lie but companies should stop making cheap/rushed looking animation. CGI is fine when it's done right. Really hope it will blow my mind in some way.

More topics from this board

» More music like this?

Tonnar - 1 hour ago

2 by Tonnar »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

32 by NirvashX1 »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

94 by leirbaggsup »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Vote here if you want them all move to the same apartment and living together!

mufarari - May 15

7 by mufarari »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » What's Your Most Favourite Togenashi Togeari Song?

InfinityPotato - Mar 31

14 by Horizon248 »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.