Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 6, 4:29 PM

Aug 2016
A curious situation arose a few days ago and involved Mengo Yokoyari, artist of the renowned manga “Oshi no Ko.” Yokoyari-sensei shared a photograph of a spectacular from the “MAAYA SAKAMOTO LIVE TOUR 2023”, a concert that took place on January 2 and 3 in Japan. To this she added: «I went with Ayaneru! I was very surprised to hear all the songs», noting that she attended this concert with voice actress Ayane Sakura.

In case you don't know Ayane Sakura, she is the voice of Gabi Braun in “Shingeki no Kyojin”; Nao Tomori in “Charlotte”; Yotsuba Nakano in “Gotoubun no Hanayome”; Ochako Uraraka in “Boku no Hero Academia”; Iroha Isshiki in “Oregairu”; among many others. Her multiple involvements in the anime industry, coupled with her unmistakable voice, have captured the hearts of fans since her debut.

Because of the above, some fans adore her as if she were an “idol,” which brings with it the “idol rules” that no one ever asked for. So, when Yokoyari-sensei shared this update on Twitter revealing that she had attended a concert with Ayane Sakura, some of these obsessive fans got quite upset thinking that her beloved idol had gone on a date with the “Oshi no Ko” artist. ”.

The situation escalated to such a level that Yokoyari-sensei had to come out to clarify the situation, pointing out that she is a married woman and that this is not “any single man looking for a partner”:

«If people think I'm a single man, they'll think my tweets about hanging out with my friends have a double meaning! (It finally dawned on me) I know that courting is no longer an exclusively heterosexual situation (although men and women can still be friends), but for all those who feel threatened by me, know that, socially speaking, I am only a woman married..."

The fact that the artist had to make this clarification is nothing more than another reflection of the toxicity of fan bases in Japan, especially those related to idols. In Japan, idols are seen as role models by the public, and their personal lives and image are sometimes strictly controlled by their talent agencies. For example, they cannot smoke or drink in public, nor have romantic relationships.

This type of “control” that fans exert over idols has been a constant for decades, and unfortunately anyone who breaks these “agreements with their audience” risks professional ruin, sabotage by those they believed to be their followers, and a wave of negative comments. It is certainly a sad reality within society that has not been adequately addressed, and that even the entertainment industry itself continues to fuel.
Jan 6, 4:52 PM

Jul 2021
It will continue to be this way because they have nothing else to replace the hole in their heart their adored idols would leave.

This is one of the most secular countries in the world. 70% of japanese people are "not religious". Everyone serves a master, be it God, yourself, or the personification of your vices. If you have nothing else to look up to, and the person who is constantly marketed as a humble and fan loving artist who makes up much of the identities of your favorite fictional characters simply lives her life in complete disregard for you, of course you'd feel betrayed. You could say that 70% stat is wrong. There's a massive personality cult in japan.
Jan 6, 6:45 PM
Jun 2023
Incest is wincest
Jan 6, 6:45 PM
Mar 2023
Aka Akasaka about to use this situation in a side arc for one of the characters. LOL! Jokes aside that is an awful situation she went through. These parasocial relationship situations seem to be increasing as of late. All we can do is spread awareness and continue to advocate and encourage others to seek professional help and counseling before things escalate.
Jan 6, 7:12 PM
Jul 2022
As an idol wota myself (who absolutely abhors the ‘no dating’ rule among others), this is hilarious in a sad way. This is literally what the series is about; the crap that idols have to deal with.
Jan 7, 1:27 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to MadeInHeavan69
Incest is wincest
@MadeInHeavan69 What does your comment even have to do with anything?
Jan 7, 1:31 AM

Jun 2020
Honeypon said:
As an idol wota myself (who absolutely abhors the ‘no dating’ rule among others), this is hilarious in a sad way. This is literally what the series is about; the crap that idols have to deal with.

You said it first...
Jan 7, 9:17 AM
Jun 2023
ScrewFiction said:

Idk how to explain
Jan 7, 3:41 PM
Oct 2021
MadeInHeavan69 said:
ScrewFiction said:

Idk how to explain

As your lawyer, I advise you to keep silent.
Jan 7, 4:16 PM
Jun 2023
paparoski02 said:
MadeInHeavan69 said:

Idk how to explain

As your lawyer, I advise you to keep silent.

Thank you for the advise sir 🫡
Jan 8, 9:44 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to CrimsonPunk01
Aka Akasaka about to use this situation in a side arc for one of the characters. LOL! Jokes aside that is an awful situation she went through. These parasocial relationship situations seem to be increasing as of late. All we can do is spread awareness and continue to advocate and encourage others to seek professional help and counseling before things escalate.
@CrimsonPunk01

hahahah it's late for that gentlemen! create awareness? Please, in Japan? Please, gentlemen, we are in the middle of 2024, on the verge of a World Nuclear War, military tensions around the world! I say the world requires a hard reset soon! and without a doubt we will see it later! What a relief, the bad thing, or rather partly the good thing, is that along with the rest of this world, this life and all its comforts will be eliminated, but hey one thing is a fair price to bring tranquility back to the status quo of the planet and humanity... don't forget this comment.

I hope that the end of ONK is ready before the reset, because otherwise several will die with the intrigue and anguish of how Aka and Mengo's manga would have ended, but I can assure you of one thing, Ren'ai Daikō, it will not be finished , there is no time left... xD
Jan 12, 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to DarkL0lik0n69
@CrimsonPunk01

hahahah it's late for that gentlemen! create awareness? Please, in Japan? Please, gentlemen, we are in the middle of 2024, on the verge of a World Nuclear War, military tensions around the world! I say the world requires a hard reset soon! and without a doubt we will see it later! What a relief, the bad thing, or rather partly the good thing, is that along with the rest of this world, this life and all its comforts will be eliminated, but hey one thing is a fair price to bring tranquility back to the status quo of the planet and humanity... don't forget this comment.

I hope that the end of ONK is ready before the reset, because otherwise several will die with the intrigue and anguish of how Aka and Mengo's manga would have ended, but I can assure you of one thing, Ren'ai Daikō, it will not be finished , there is no time left... xD
@DarkL0lik0n69 Are you trying to start an ARG or something

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2684 by TheTigerBlack »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:00 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.