Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2023 7:38 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to onespankman
Chronon said:
I don't get why hating should be illegal just because people worship him. Every person has their own likes and dislikes. Typically, Ishigami is rather a very generic character. From Hachiman to Bocchi a pessimistic, introvert, highschooler is a very common troupe.

Concerning negative opinions on the anime, most of them go along the lines of "repetitive comedy", "lack of reasonable (romantic) development". I don't see these claims to be very wrong. A reasonable criticism, maintaining the essence of the content, is much more acceptable than a random throw of words like masterpiece, peak etc.

You’re just looking at his basic archetype and not any of his specific personality traits or how he develops from that archetype. Not trying to spoil anything but he does not stay the way he starts.

Akasaka Aka likes to write characters by introducing a basic personality then peeling back layers as we learn more about them. The result is often a number of entirely separate personalities existing in one character (take ice Kaguya and dumb Kaguya for instance).

It’s a bit disingenuous to argue a character is bad based on the one point in a story where we know the least about them. Would be like criticizing the depth of One Piece’s world building in episode 2.

The idea that the romance doesn’t develop is also incorrect.
@onespankman I am indeed looking at his basic archetype. Some people like this, some don't. In half of the case people fall for this rather than the development. There is nothing wrong with it nor anything great.

That's something I like about the anime. The different personalities of Kaguya was the only entertaining aspect of the show. Tho I don't quite like the type of writing where a preset personality is imposed and evolved. I prefer where the personality is explored and evolved.

Hate to justify myself but I never said Ishigami is a bad character. From an anime-only perspective he has the most development among the main cast.

Here I want to ask the question. What is most important in romantic development?

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Oct 13, 2023 11:05 AM
May 2020
It’s one of the highest rated animes on this site and even mangas. Way way way more people like this series than hate it
Nov 7, 2023 9:47 AM

May 2022
justice for my man Ishigami, he did nothing wrong. (for real though, I liked Ishigami as a character and he is pretty cool, he has some pretty good comedy)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me or do you guys also find fujiwara annoying?

FruitPunchBaka - 5 hours ago

19 by Trimethylglycine »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

270 by otakuanity »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

207 by otakuanity »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

256 by otakuanity »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

199 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.