Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 27, 2023 8:08 AM
Apr 2021
Episode 7 is magnificent. Does it ring a bell?

The most constant wife in Greek mythology was Alcmene, wife of Amphitryon. So faithful was she that Zeus was unable to seduce her in any of the seduction disguises- swan, bull, or shower of gold - that had worked with other mortal targets of his lust. His last resort was to show up as her husband. As a god, he could assume all of Amphitryon's qualities. The man who made love to Alcmene that night was indistinguishable from Amphitryon in all the focal properties for which she loved him. So why should she mind?

I'm curious about what you think.

immanuel-May 27, 2023 8:24 AM
May 27, 2023 8:14 AM

Sep 2020
Is it wrong to love your mother romantically?
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
May 27, 2023 8:19 AM
Apr 2021
MissingNo178 said:
er romantically?
Nice to meet you, MissingNo178. Actually, Aqua doesn't love his mother. He loves Ai as an idol. Fans can't love their idols, at least not the way they mean, no matter what they said, thought, or did. Ultimately, they owe their hearts and their minds not to any one girl but to an idea.

It's a good question. And you should never miss Neon Genesis Evangelion.
May 27, 2023 8:19 AM

Jul 2015
If you are implying, that Aqua was romantically interested in Ai, then it is not true. It was more like a subject loving their king.

May 27, 2023 8:21 AM
Sep 2021
MissingNo178 said:

especially if you're like 10-15 years older than her
May 27, 2023 8:21 AM
Apr 2021
Piromysl said:
omantically inter
I knew it. I was a fan. Aqua loves Ai as an idol. Fans can't love their idols, at least not the way they mean, no matter what they said, thought, or did. Ultimately, they owe their hearts and their minds not to any one girl but to an idea.
May 27, 2023 8:30 AM
Mar 2020
Im a little confused at this poll. You wrote is it cheating to love someone identical to your lover. Are you talking about the admire kind of love, relationship kind of love, or lust kind of love? Also when you wrote your lover are you talking about one way love like a crush or two way love like a relationship?

If you are going off of the show then it isnt cheating because he was never in a relationship with Ai. If you are going by the greek story then I would say she is cheating only if she knew what was happening and that zeus was not her husband.
May 27, 2023 8:52 AM

Jan 2019
Are we talking identical twins or duplicated consciousnesses as well?

May 27, 2023 8:53 AM
Jun 2020
Yes, even similar that person isn't exactly the same as the first one.
May 27, 2023 9:24 AM
Nov 2021
this poll is stupid. of course it is wrong to love someone else except your lover, but i think the context of your poll is about aqua's circumstances. which means its ok since your lover was dead
May 27, 2023 9:36 AM
Mar 2023
What is it about this show that is bringing out the wackadoos?
May 27, 2023 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
Knowingly yes, but the love between Aqua and AI was not romantic. Even when he died Ai was like 16 and he was in his 30s, much less when he was reborn as her child. To answer your question in-depth.
The man who made love to Alcmene that night was indistinguishable from Amphitryon in all the focal properties for which she loved him. So why should she mind?
Indistinguishability matters only for a personal experience that does not value any sort of prescience. Two issues appear that likely would and should make Alcmene mind.

1. Her husband still existed as a seperate entity.
  2. She is cognizant that her husband is not there.

Believe it or not, some people want to make their partners happy in a relationship. Because this desire cannot be fulfilled by using an indistinguishable copy, and if we consider an ideal relationship to have being invested in your partners' experience as integral to its success, than yes, it is wrong to cheat. This is not necessarily romantic either. Could you rest well knowing your mother was out there suffering while the one at home was a perfect copy? For many it would be of course not because being concerned with the wellbeing of loved ones is an important part of that relationship. It is empathy.
May 27, 2023 4:59 PM
Apr 2021
Codes247 said:
Im a little confused at this poll. You wrote is it cheating to love someone identical to your lover. Are you talking about the admire kind of love, relationship kind of love, or lust kind of love? Also when you wrote your lover are you talking about one way love like a crush or two way love like a relationship?

If you are going off of the show then it isnt cheating because he was never in a relationship with Ai. If you are going by the greek story then I would say she is cheating only if she knew what was happening and that zeus was not her husband.

Nice to meet you, Codes247. Yes, it's a stupid poll. Like the presidential election next year LOL. Oh, I would do anything to live in a world full of people like you. What a wonderful world when most people understand that there are many kinds of love!

That's the point. You have to have been with someone else before if you want to cheat on someone. Like Aqua, most fans didn't. Conversely, Ai didn't cheat at all. Even though she had an intimate relationship with someone and had two babies.

However, the stalker, and many of fans I knew when I was a fan, some of them knew it and others didn't have the courage to admit it. And here we are.

Yes. I agree with you. In Greek mythology, she is not ashamed of herself. She's ashamed of Zeus. It's not just how we look, sound or walk that defines us, it's what we have been through. Without it, we are not us anymore. Have you heard of mind uploading? Come on. Spare me, spare me.

Memory. It's the only thing Zeus can't do. It's the core of romantic love. Aqua is astonishingly intelligent. He can understand it. The point is he won't.
immanuel-May 27, 2023 5:06 PM
May 27, 2023 5:09 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Is this about Ai-Akane thing? That doesn't have anything to do with what you're asking.

Aqua definitely doesn't love both in romantic way.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 27, 2023 5:25 PM
Apr 2021
MissingNo178 said:

Oh, for God's sake. Poor Aka Akasaka. Everything he did was in vain. No matter who he was, now he is a teenager. Imagine the soul of a 5-year-old in the body of a 35-year-old ... Oh, there are too many of them for this miserable world. LOL. Is he not legally responsible for what he has done?

The point is youth is the best aphrodisiac. When Aqua was a middle-aged, Ai was beautiful. And above all, she was young and beautiful.

Now, Aqua is younger. And there are many beautiful girls around him. He is still into Ai. Isn't it interesting?
immanuel-May 27, 2023 5:40 PM
May 27, 2023 10:17 PM
Jan 2023
Piromysl said:
If you are implying, that Aqua was romantically interested in Ai, then it is not true. It was more like a subject loving their king.

when asked what was his type of girl aqua immediately thought of ai lmao
May 28, 2023 2:43 AM

Apr 2020
Yuck!

That's one aspect I really don't like about the Show - it asking those creepy questions.
May 28, 2023 12:58 PM
Mar 2020
Loving someone other than your partner isn’t cheating. That’s just you loving someone else. Acting on it, is cheating.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 28, 2023 3:33 PM
Apr 2021
ForeverTraitor said:
identical twins or duplicated consciousnesses

Nice to meet you, ForeverTraitor. Identical twins, duplicated consciousnesses... and mind uploading. LOL. I've seen Pantheon recently. God, it really dampens the knickers.

www.imdb.com/title/tt11680642
May 28, 2023 4:23 PM
Apr 2021
Polvo_Aranha said:
Yes, even similar that person isn't exactly the same as the first one.

Nice to meet you, Polvo_Aranha. True. In Vertigo, it didn't end well for Judy. So, would Akane be different?

Judy : Couldn't you like me, just me the way I am? When we first started out, it was so good; w-we had fun. And... and then you started in on the clothes. Well, I'll wear the darn clothes if you want me to, if, if you'll just, just like me.

Scottie : The color of your hair...

Judy : Oh, no!

Scottie : Judy, please, it can't matter to you
May 28, 2023 4:48 PM
Apr 2021
conetall420 said:
this poll is stupid. of course it is wrong to love someone else except your lover, but i think the context of your poll is about aqua's circumstances. which means its ok since your lover was dead

Nice to meet you, conetall420. Yes, it's a stupid poll. Like the presidential election next year LOL.

When Aqua was asked his ideal girl, instead of Ai Hoshino directly, he described her qualities.

1. A girl with pretty face.
2. She has a smile like the sun.
3. Her performance is perfect.
4. Her speech and behaviour are seemingly all-conquering.
5. Her eyes draw you in by their very nature.

The point is Aqua loves Ai as an idol, not an lover. Since he never had a relationship with her. Fans can't love their idols, at least not the way they mean, no matter what they said, thought, or did. Ultimately, they owe their hearts and their minds not to any one girl but to an idea.

And Akane proved it. What a great show.
May 28, 2023 4:51 PM
Apr 2021
bahimiron said:
What is it about this show that is bringing out the wackadoos?

Cautio! High functioning wackadoo, with your number.
May 28, 2023 5:13 PM
Apr 2021
PeripheralVision said:
Knowingly yes, but the love between Aqua and AI was not romantic. Even when he died Ai was like 16 and he was in his 30s, much less when he was reborn as her child. To answer your question in-depth.
The man who made love to Alcmene that night was indistinguishable from Amphitryon in all the focal properties for which she loved him. So why should she mind?
Indistinguishability matters only for a personal experience that does not value any sort of prescience. Two issues appear that likely would and should make Alcmene mind.

1. Her husband still existed as a seperate entity.
  2. She is cognizant that her husband is not there.

Believe it or not, some people want to make their partners happy in a relationship. Because this desire cannot be fulfilled by using an indistinguishable copy, and if we consider an ideal relationship to have being invested in your partners' experience as integral to its success, than yes, it is wrong to cheat. This is not necessarily romantic either. Could you rest well knowing your mother was out there suffering while the one at home was a perfect copy? For many it would be of course not because being concerned with the wellbeing of loved ones is an important part of that relationship. It is empathy.

Wow ,wow, wow! Heavens. What a enlightenment. You're absolutely right. It was not romantic love at all. No matter which body his soul was in. Aqua loves Ai as an idol. When Aqua was asked about his ideal girl, instead of answering Ai Hoshino directly, he described her qualities:

1. A girl with pretty face.
2. She has a smile like the sun.
3. Her performance is perfect.
4. Her speech and behaviour are seemingly all-conquering.
5. Her eyes draw you in by their very nature.

Fans can't love their idols, at least not the way they mean, no matter what they said, thought, or did. Ultimately, they owe their hearts and their minds not to any one girl but to an idea.

And Akane proved it.

-

I couldn't agree more. Although we love their qualities, love is more than that. We try to be loyal, not because we are afraid of going to hell. We care about their feelings. And we will not rest if someone we care about suffers.

Yes. Empathy. That's what the Stalker lacks. I was a fan. In my experience, there are a lot of nice people who treat their idols like their friends, classmates, sisters, daughters, even moms LOL. In a word, they treat them like people.

Unfortunately, there are more stalkers than you can imagine.
immanuel-May 28, 2023 5:28 PM
May 28, 2023 6:03 PM

Aug 2020
Merve2Love said:
Yuck!

That's one aspect I really don't like about the Show - it asking those creepy questions.

This show isnt asking any of these shipping questions lmao. This is in the heads of shippers.
Keep scrolling
May 29, 2023 2:19 AM

Apr 2020
RobertsahDHDA said:
Merve2Love said:
Yuck!

This show isnt asking any of these shipping questions lmao. This is in the heads of shippers.

Is that why I can say "this Show" and you know exactly what I mean, cause it's posted IN the Anime discussion?

And is that why this Thread was created and these questions came up right after a potential love interest of the Show acted like Ai?

It's not related, at all? No, it is.
Get the point^^

Y.U.C.K.
May 29, 2023 6:16 PM
Apr 2021
Rinrinka said:
Is this about Ai-Akane thing? That doesn't have anything to do with what you're asking.

Aqua definitely doesn't love both in romantic way.

Nice to meet you, Rinrinka. True. Aqua loves Ai as an idol, not a lover. Since he never had a relationship with her.

Akane is different. When someone walks like Ai, talks like Ai, and think like Ai, she can be a game changer.

"I don't have any idea I could love someone." Same for Aqua. Hope he tastes romantic love.
immanuel-May 29, 2023 6:20 PM
May 29, 2023 6:29 PM
Apr 2021
droLmuCehT said:
Piromysl said:

when asked what was his type of girl aqua immediately thought of ai lmao

Nice to meet you, dro LmuCehT. I thought he would at least deny it 2-3 times until Yuki chuckled (god I really love her smiles) and said "It's on your face. Admit it, Aqua. Look at you. Such a humble idol otaku." LOL.

Sep 10, 2023 11:22 AM
Mar 2020
Reply to immanuel-
Codes247 said:

Nice to meet you, Codes247. Yes, it's a stupid poll. Like the presidential election next year LOL. Oh, I would do anything to live in a world full of people like you. What a wonderful world when most people understand that there are many kinds of love!

That's the point. You have to have been with someone else before if you want to cheat on someone. Like Aqua, most fans didn't. Conversely, Ai didn't cheat at all. Even though she had an intimate relationship with someone and had two babies.

However, the stalker, and many of fans I knew when I was a fan, some of them knew it and others didn't have the courage to admit it. And here we are.

Yes. I agree with you. In Greek mythology, she is not ashamed of herself. She's ashamed of Zeus. It's not just how we look, sound or walk that defines us, it's what we have been through. Without it, we are not us anymore. Have you heard of mind uploading? Come on. Spare me, spare me.

Memory. It's the only thing Zeus can't do. It's the core of romantic love. Aqua is astonishingly intelligent. He can understand it. The point is he won't.
@immanuel- Mind uploading? I don't remember hearing about it but I can guess it what it would be. You could theoretically do it with cloning or inserting a chip affecting your subconscious part of your brain. Although a soon as the copy experiences something new it becomes it's own entity. To a lesser extent you could do "mind uploading" by advertisements, news, hypnosis, or even just by talking to someone.

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:00 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.