Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What's your thoughts on the show?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2023 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
Not enough shooty shooty bang bang, amirite?

Co best isekai this season, along with the handyman anime.
Jan 25, 2023 8:35 PM

Jul 2019
I guess MAPPA really can't save everything cuz I stopped after episode 1.
Jan 26, 2023 4:58 AM

Mar 2021
Its watchable
Tis not that bad
Jan 26, 2023 5:48 PM
Feb 2021
3 episodes in and I'm loving the way the animation emphasized more on MC's cooking dishes. Unless you want a real slow life-themed isekai that has presented with a mature-thinking adult (kind of remind me of Saint's Omnipotent Magic) along with the comedy that's mostly emphasized on the MC's absurd skill's effects in that otherworld, then it's best you decide to drop/stop watching since it's obvious this isn't like those action-oriented isekai series.
Jan 28, 2023 4:07 AM
Feb 2016
You are not alone, really boring! Dropped after the 3rd
Jan 31, 2023 10:51 AM

Feb 2014
Yeah, no idea why this is so popular, really.
Jan 31, 2023 11:36 AM

Dec 2016
The main problem is a bland protagonist that is as flavorless as a soup with no spices, making it just veggies in boiled water.

Episode 1 & 2 presented at least a sidecast to "dress up" the blandness of the show with just the two main protagonists. Now that it's just Fel and boring guy who's not even worth to remember his name it's quite noticeable how lackluster and repetitive this show is.

Some people claim that it's just sol stuff, and that's straight out wrong. SOL does not equal to boring characters that have nothing going on, it's about interesting characters living their lives one day at a time. Other gourmet shows had a lot going on with the protagonists other than just being presenters for the dish of the week, shows like Today's menu for Emiya family, Maiko-san, Sweetness & Lighning and such had quite a charming cast that would make the audience eager for the next episode. Even other shows that are a mixture of gourmet and isekai setting have had more "meat" to bite on to like Isekai Izakaya and Isekai Shokudou with a large cast of interesting characters and cultures all around.

On the other hand Tondemo Skill is carried by it's high quality production, but it's nothing more than just cardboard cutouts advertising the soup of the day.
Jan 31, 2023 11:37 AM
Dec 2022
I understand because this is slow paced anime with weak MC and lack of waifu lol

but I hope your mind will change when Ninrir who voiced by MC real life older sister appear.. and that slime too
Jan 31, 2023 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
It's essentially a slice of life show, so it's definitely not for everyone. But as slice of life goes, this show hits the spot for me. The vibe, characters chemistry, world building, etc are all great.
Jan 31, 2023 6:17 PM

Jan 2013
Kimurah said:
The main problem is a bland protagonist that is as flavorless as a soup with no spices, making it just veggies in boiled water.

Episode 1 & 2 presented at least a sidecast to "dress up" the blandness of the show with just the two main protagonists. Now that it's just Fel and boring guy who's not even worth to remember his name it's quite noticeable how lackluster and repetitive this show is.

Some people claim that it's just sol stuff, and that's straight out wrong. SOL does not equal to boring characters that have nothing going on, it's about interesting characters living their lives one day at a time. Other gourmet shows had a lot going on with the protagonists other than just being presenters for the dish of the week, shows like Today's menu for Emiya family, Maiko-san, Sweetness & Lighning and such had  quite a charming cast that would make the audience eager for the next episode. Even other shows that are a mixture of gourmet and isekai setting have had more "meat" to bite on to like Isekai Izakaya and Isekai Shokudou with a large cast of interesting characters and cultures all around.

On the other hand Tondemo Skill is carried by it's high quality production, but it's nothing more than just cardboard cutouts advertising the soup of the day.
Interesting characters are not a requirement for SOL, it can just be more slow paced and mundane, many fantasy MC's are blank slates. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 1, 2023 2:03 PM

Dec 2016
LostSpectre said:
Kimurah said:

Some people claim that it's just sol stuff, and that's straight out wrong. SOL does not equal to boring characters that have nothing going on, it's about interesting characters living their lives one day at a time. Other gourmet shows had a lot going on with the protagonists other than just being presenters for the dish of the week, shows like Today's menu for Emiya family, Maiko-san, Sweetness & Lighning and such had  quite a charming cast that would make the audience eager for the next episode. Even other shows that are a mixture of gourmet and isekai setting have had more "meat" to bite on to like Isekai Izakaya and Isekai Shokudou with a large cast of interesting characters and cultures all around.

Interesting characters are not a requirement for SOL, it can just be more slow paced and mundane, many fantasy MC's are blank slates. 

Neither it is a requirement to be slow, boring and/or lackluster. Mundane? totally, but it's not a requirement, just a good alternative.

Blank slate MCs in fantasy setting isn't a requirement either, it's just the low hanging fruit that a lot of light novel/manga writers go for because their audience have no standars.

People that make bold claims such as "it's sol and it's not for everyone for being slow and lackluster" are on the same boat that claim Fantasy/Isekai isn't for them because MCs are expected to be blank slates
KimurahFeb 1, 2023 2:09 PM
Feb 1, 2023 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Kimurah said:
LostSpectre said:

Neither it is a requirement to be slow, boring and/or lackluster. Mundane? totally, but it's not a requirement, just a good alternative.

Blank slate MCs in fantasy setting isn't a requirement either, it's just the low hanging fruit that a lot of light novel/manga writers go for because their audience have no standars.

People that make bold claims such as "it's sol and it's not for everyone for being slow and lackluster" are on the same boat that claim Fantasy/Isekai isn't for them because MCs are expected to be blank slates
Fine, it being SOL is not the only problem here, it's also this weird meta-fantasy that is oddly generic/paint by numbers, but that comes with the territory for a lot of these modern fantasy/isekai type shows. The farming anime that's airing this season is pretty much the embodiment of this "trend". I find them appealing in much the same way an Iyashikei might be, but in more of a dumbed down way than cultivating a more zen-like atmosphere, it's hard to explain. lol 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 1, 2023 6:07 PM
Apr 2022
it's basically watching a legendary doggo enthusiastically enjoying ur food. simple enjoyment, i expected nothing more
Feb 2, 2023 12:45 PM
May 2021
idk man I am enjoying it the most in this season, the SOL style, yummy food pretty good
Mar 8, 2023 4:40 AM
Jun 2020
Boring for me, usually i don't like this type of show despite being biggest isekai fans, i just don't like when its connected to food or some slime overload(or something like pets), and especially if there are not enough comedy on it for compensate.. i more like typical isekai the most with just normal mc without overproud
Mar 8, 2023 10:04 AM
Jun 2014
I'm sorry, it was interesting and fun to begin with, but now it's just stale repetition. Right now it's boring as shit and sui sounds like a drugged child
Mar 8, 2023 11:09 AM
May 2021
i honestly enjoy the show, i always liked calm isekais like farming, slowlife etc.
Mar 8, 2023 2:31 PM

Apr 2018
ya its boring,, but its way too pretty to drop!
Mar 8, 2023 2:50 PM
Mar 2023
Outside of having one of the best OP's of this season, it's super cozy. The action is kinda lame at points, but the roster and slice of life portions make up for them imo.
Mar 8, 2023 2:53 PM
Mar 2023
LostSpectre said:
CreepHazard said:

wasn't there another waifu in the trailer? forgot her name
also fun fact she is voiced by the MC's VA's elder sister
There's a bunch of girls randomly on the top of the cover image. lol
Her name was Nanahoshi
Apr 17, 2023 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
In overa-all I found this anime as so-so, because it's mainly about cooking and food, and this type of genre is not my favorite. All this dismantling reminded me "Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear" with Fina dismantling animals for Yuna. And this theme that "path to man's heart lies via his stomach" reminded me "Isekai Shokudou", where even dragons were tamed with food too, but in this case it was a legendary beast who starts flirting with you too:

But it has some comedy, so I was laughing and enjoyed some scenes too.
*looks at drooling orc and captured crying female elf* hentai ruined my life OTZ

Burping Fenrir was hilarious XD I think I can remember only one character who burped too - Kate from "Haganai Next". But this time it was proud legendary beast:

So in over-all I liked some scenes here and there, but watching it once is enough for me, so I'm not going to re-watch it, thus not keeping it.
Apr 20, 2023 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
An anime who's comedy is a miss for me, can't say I like it. However the protagonist, although an annoying coward, is an adult, which I can appreciate. Also I like that we got a cooking show, it doesn't make up for this anime's shortcomings, but it makes it watchable.
May 19, 2023 8:29 AM
Jun 2020
I don't touch it because its have no female main cast, a show is boring without waifu main cast around imo
Oct 2, 2023 8:56 AM
Sep 2023
Yeah, Because this series is so Good...
Oct 5, 2023 8:37 PM
Feb 2022
Topic is basically a shitty bait for arguing.
No matter what anime title(or pretty much anything else in the world) you gonna take - you'd never be "the only one to...".

So unsure in your own thoughts that you need a support from like-minded? Ewww. Flock.

P.S.: Title is a masterpiece.
Nov 3, 2023 9:04 PM
Jan 2023
Piromysl said:
It's decent, but Fel should have been female and be able to assume a humanoidal waifu from.

That would ruin it in my opinion... 😂
Nov 15, 2023 10:58 PM
Feb 2023
Nope,there's literally nothing to look forward to, I stopped at episode 7. I'd rather rewatch Shokugeki.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2023

155 by Hugmonster53 »»
Yesterday, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2023

92 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 17, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2023

66 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 17, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2023

56 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 16, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2023

59 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 16, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.