Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2022 12:49 AM

Nov 2021
Weird question but I've seen that a lot of people think Hayasaka is the best girl. I did a pole too some months ago and Hayasaka won by a landslide against the other girls and on discord too it's more or less the same.

So why are her favs quite less than the other characters in comparison if that's the case ?
Ik everyone has a diff opinion in this matter but here it's somewhat a contradiction.
Jun 20, 2022 1:09 AM
Jun 2021
well she’s not a main character so it’s only natural that with less screen time comes less favorites on mal

she still best girl tho
Jun 20, 2022 1:17 AM
Jul 2020
if only MAL allowed infinite character favourites it would have been a different story
Toxic fans:- using the anime list of the user to criticize his opinions on a different anime.

If you cannot tolerate others taste delete your mal account☮️.
Jun 20, 2022 1:19 AM
Jan 2022
Who takes serious MAL opinions
Jun 20, 2022 1:20 AM

Jun 2021
Pred8r said:
Weird question but I've seen that a lot of people think Hayasaka is the best girl. I did a pole too some months ago and Hayasaka won by a landslide against the other girls and on discord too it's more or less the same.

So why are her favs quite less than the other characters in comparison if that's the case ?
Ik everyone has a diff opinion in this matter but here it's somewhat a contradiction.

She's a side character so it's evident...she isn't even part of the student council main 4 . MAL allows only 10 favs so not everyone will add side characters, especially anime onlies who don't know about her arc yet. She's still one of the two best girls though,the other one being Kaguya. Let Hayasaka's arc be adapted and she'll gain more favs for sure.
Also this is unrelated but this show has one of the best female casts, IDK about the waifu wars that go on over the internet but as characters Kaguya > Hayasaka > Maki > Tsubame > Miko = Kei > Chika,this ranking based on the 266 chapters so far justify the phrase "best girl" for me personally.
roxy_kouhaiJun 20, 2022 1:24 AM
Jun 20, 2022 1:29 AM
May 2022
Kaguya sama love is war might just be my favorite anime of all time. Let me just put this out there
Jun 20, 2022 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
She is just a supporting character and has much less screentime.

Jun 20, 2022 1:40 AM

Nov 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
Pred8r said:

She's a side character so it's evident...she isn't even part of the student council main 4 . MAL allows only 10 favs so not everyone will add side characters, especially anime onlies who don't know about her arc yet. She's still one of the two best girls though,the other one being Kaguya. Let Hayasaka's arc be adapted and she'll gain more favs for sure.
Also this is unrelated but this show has one of the best female casts, IDK about the waifu wars that go on over the internet but as characters Kaguya > Hayasaka > Maki > Tsubame > Miko = Kei > Chika,this ranking based on the 266 chapters so far justify the phrase "best girl" for me personally.

Damn mine is quite diff
It goes like :
Hayasaka > Chika > Maki > Iino > Tsubame > Kei > Kaguya.

Tho I know both are opinions so no point in fighting.
Jun 20, 2022 1:41 AM

Nov 2021
INSANELYWP said:
well she’s not a main character so it’s only natural that with less screen time comes less favorites on mal

she still best girl tho
I see
That's ....actually a good point
never thought about that.
Jun 20, 2022 1:44 AM

Jun 2021
Pred8r said:
_cybersadist_ said:

Damn mine is quite diff
It goes like :

I didn't use to like Kaguya in S1 and S2...after reading the manga she like entered my top 10 characters, probably one of the best romcom FMC's I've seen...if not the best. And Chika was always enjoyable but her role just kept decreasing and Aka just left her out as the comic relief,I wish she was well written like the others too. Kaguya's comeback in my books was unpredictable,one moment I didn't like her personality and now she's one of my favourite females 😂
Jun 20, 2022 1:49 AM

Nov 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
Pred8r said:

Damn mine is quite diff
It goes like :

I didn't use to like Kaguya in S1 and S2...after reading the manga she like entered my top 10 characters, probably one of the best romcom FMC's I've seen...if not the best. And Chika was always enjoyable but her role just kept decreasing and Aka just left her out as the comic relief,I wish she was well written like the others too. Kaguya's comeback in my books was unpredictable,one moment I didn't like her personality and now she's one of my favourite females 😂
That's understandable but I just personally find her really irritating and annoying just like how people hate chika which is actually justified coz as you said she does not and will not get proper character development like others.

I just don't like her (kaguya’s) archetype tbh. I don't hate her or anything but do not prefer her over anyone other if you know what I mean..

Good that it worked out for you dude tho niceee!

Jun 20, 2022 2:08 AM

Jun 2021
Pred8r said:
_cybersadist_ said:

That's understandable but I just personally find her really irritating and annoying just like how people hate chika which is actually justified coz as you said she does not and will not get proper character development like others.

I just don't like her (kaguya’s) archetype tbh. I don't hate her or anything but do not prefer her over anyone other if you know what I mean..

Even if Chika doesn't get much development the hatred on her makes no sense whatsoever,she's the main reason why the student council members got closer on many instances and so many good relationship dynamics were formed. They just don't understand her role. She was the catalyst of the show at many points. And I think you'll like Kaguya a bit more once her entire backstory is shown and she gets the full development, that depends on ur outlook though.
Jun 20, 2022 2:23 AM

Nov 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
Pred8r said:

Even if Chika doesn't get much development the hatred on her makes no sense whatsoever,she's the main reason why the student council members got closer on many instances and so many good relationship dynamics were formed. They just don't understand her role. She was the catalyst of the show at many points. And I think you'll like Kaguya a bit more once her entire backstory is shown and she gets the full development, that depends on ur outlook though.

Chika is more like a gag character, one of the reason i like her, even if she got no development (compared to others), i don't get any reason to hate her, she isn't forgettable like some other characters and hayasaka/kaguya being the best, although i don't have any of them in my top 10 favs, MAL limit. :-P

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 20, 2022 2:35 AM

Jun 2021
itsrj20 said:
_cybersadist_ said:

Chika is more like a gag character, one of the reason i like her, even if she got no development (compared to others), i don't get any reason to hate her, she isn't forgettable like some other characters and hayasaka/kaguya being the best, although i don't have any of them in my top 10 favs, MAL limit. :-P

Since you have the entire Monogatari female cast in ur forum signature, not having Kaguya/Hayasaka on top 10 is pardonable
Jun 20, 2022 2:38 AM

Nov 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
itsrj20 said:

Since you have the entire Monogatari female cast in ur forum signature, not having Kaguya/Hayasaka on top 10 is pardonable

I mean when its comes to best Female cast, not including mono is unjustifiable. Everyone of them is best..

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 20, 2022 4:08 AM

May 2021
Pred8r said:

MAL doesn’t have many manga readers I guess, as all manga readers I know say she’s the best character of the story
If you are from South East Asia, then I request you, when you will start an anime, you search if it is available on Muse Asia and Ani-one Asia, before looking through piracy websites
Jun 20, 2022 5:17 AM
Jan 2022
Pred8r said:

Unlike Hayasaka, she dosen't have enough screen time and plot arcs (except season 3 and certain chapters of the manga) to hook general audiences to her. If you maybe divide the polls like you separate from the fans of the show or the casual watcher of the show, the result may or may not be drastic.
Jun 20, 2022 5:36 AM
Aug 2021
Pred8r said:

beat girl ≠ best character. I enjoyed ishigami more than hayasaka but she still best girl
Jun 20, 2022 5:46 AM
Aug 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
Pred8r said:

haven't read the manga but if people are saying she's the worst character doesn't mean she's bad.though again I didn't read manga so idk
Jun 20, 2022 6:04 AM

Nov 2020
Maybe she lacks screentime. but that's fine I think after her arc gets adapted it will increase.
Jun 20, 2022 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
she's cool but Kaguya gets more character development and even so Ishigami remains my favorite.
Jun 20, 2022 7:38 AM
Mar 2021
because there are only 10 character you can put in favourites and people are more likely to put major characters than side characters on their favourites
Jun 20, 2022 7:47 AM
Apr 2022
Crashes through door*

Hayasaka is best girl!!!

Refuses to elaborate*

Leaves*
Jun 20, 2022 7:55 AM

Nov 2021
_cybersadist_ said:
Pred8r said:

That's true I said the same to a lot of people. She holds everyone together and the shows would become somewhat dull if her presence wasn't there at least imo.

she's also in my favs actually along with Hayasaka but I meant I can understand people not liking her tho hate is unnecessary.

The hate for her is actually more prevalent in mal.
On discord and YouTube a lot of people actually like her a lot.
Jun 27, 2022 3:10 AM

Aug 2017
Pred8r said:

Hayasaka best girl is kind of a meme in the Kaguya community. Also I guess people have sympathy for an overworked maid who have to deal with the random whims of a rich lady. But that doesn’t make her memorable enough to be a favorite. Also favorites really have a main character bias.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 29, 2022 4:03 PM
Apr 2022
Hayasaka is best girl, the narrator said so himself
Jun 29, 2022 4:15 PM

Apr 2014
She is supreme, that's all you need to know
Like how Tae Yamada from Zombieland Saga is legendary because she just is
Submit.
Jun 30, 2022 4:57 AM
Jul 2011
_cybersadist_ said:
Kaguya > Hayasaka > Maki > Tsubame > Miko = Kei > Chika

How rude they were to Chika. Didn't think that she'll least favorite charater.
Jul 7, 2022 9:28 PM

Dec 2021
chika > kaguya > hayasaka

only seen season 1 so far

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me or do you guys also find fujiwara annoying?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

21 by MaxAkumax »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

270 by otakuanity »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

207 by otakuanity »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

256 by otakuanity »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

199 by otakuanity »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.