Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 11:42 PM
Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I felt as though Goemon was was acting weirdly in this episode.
Feb 16, 2018 2:24 AM

Jan 2012
In which Dr. Budweiser(seriously) hires an unwitting Fujiko to give Lupin athlete's foot so he can get a sample of his skin to use in his plan to make Lupin clones! So yeah, this was a silly episode, or at least should have been. When I read the outlandish premise I was anticipating some craziness like we'd see in Series 2 Lupin such as when those giant pop corn kernels were all over earth. I figured we'd see the clones of Lupin causing havoc, but we got none of that. Instead this was probably the dullest, most boring episode so far. Definitely some missed potential. The entire second half where they destroyed the clones before they were even ready felt lazy, especially with how stupid Zenigata had to look to fall for it all and make everything go exactly as planned. It also felt extremely kiddy with the forced dialogue explaining what Lupin was doing. Which I guess is fine theoretically as I'm sure kids watched this, but here I found it grating. The only slightly interesting note I found here was some eerie parallels with the Cell Arc from Dragon Ball. Fujiko's bug recording and the incomplete clone Lupin destroys felt extremely reminiscent of stuff from that arc. Did Toriyama happen to watch this episode before writing it? But yeah, no screengrabs this time, this one's not worth it.
Mar 21, 2019 8:47 AM

Oct 2012
Aww, now I'm feeling itchy too

Haha that acting when Zenigata arrived
Got pretty good laugh from it
"Signature removed"
Aug 1, 2019 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
There is only one and only Lupin III. Fujiko was the one who put him in that situation, but at least she told him what that man was planning on doing. And it was really funny to see Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon playing with Zenigata like that, the poor guy played right into their hands. xD
Feb 4, 2021 7:16 PM

Feb 2012
I hope this is not the direction the series is taking. The last two episodes have been pretty average, with one-dimensional, ridiculous antagonists and a cartoonish style. Overall the franchise isn't really at its best when there's an opponent; it's better when the main obstacle is a sequence of traps rather than the person who might set them.
Nov 21, 2021 7:56 AM
Apr 2015
I noticed the sound of the safe opening was the same as Mamo's brain probe in 'The Mystery of Mamo'.
Nov 21, 2021 3:32 PM
Apr 2015
I get very stressed by scenes of tight confinement and incapacitation, such as Zenigata in the suit of armor stuck to the magnet.
Oct 30, 2022 12:03 AM

Dec 2021
Oh lawdy, the art style changes finally be happenin'!! It's small, but Lupin is starting to go off model little by little. Also, did Goemon just get briefly possessed by the spirit of Dan Schneider? I really don't like that look in his eyes, it's like he found his new weakness, next to slots and women.

I think I'd rather not have sock fetish Goemon exist.
Daviljoe193Oct 30, 2022 12:17 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Feb 2, 2023 1:14 PM

Aug 2012
Okay that might be the weirdest episode of Lupin I've seen so far. Though I suspect it'll be usurped at somepoint in this pink jacket run.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 1 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Aug 19, 2011

22 by wallus81 »»
Jun 5, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 10 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 16, 2018

4 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 19, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 5 Discussion

animefan8800 - Feb 15, 2018

6 by kur0_42 »»
Feb 14, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 2 Discussion

Serhiyko - Jun 3, 2014

9 by Drozdz8000 »»
Sep 12, 2023 11:48 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part III Episode 13 Discussion

-Adam- - Mar 23, 2013

16 by SourNote2014 »»
Jun 7, 2023 6:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.