Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Dec 30, 2018 1:10 PM

May 2014
Loved it. The ending was bittersweet since they all separated, but still Ohana reunited with Ko, etc.

My one issue with the series would be Minko, she was so shitty the entire time and I was hoping she would get over her bullshit and become real friends with Ohana. All she ever showed was the very rare and subtlest of sincere instances. Not enough.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Jan 13, 2019 2:17 PM

Nov 2016
I'm still a bit overhelmed. Wonderful finale, albeit a bit saddening to see everyone going seperate days. It would have been great if we had gotten a short "afterword" following the credits with everyone in the reopened Kissuiso.

Overall I really, really loved Hansaku Iroha and yet I gotta admit that it was far from flawless from a critical pov, thankfully none it's shortcomings took away from the aspects I enjoyed.

Nothing in this show was particularly outstanding on it's own, aside from the visuals or the directing, yet it still came beautifully together as a coming of age story.

Regarding the characters, you could say that not all of them were properly fleshed out and had lacking development, which is true to a certain degree, but I still found them interesting and was entertained by them. Their interactions felt real and reasoned strongly with me on a personal level, that is also something I value a lot. And speaking of which, furthermore, I was able to appreciate many of the messages and underlying themes.

9/10 from me for now, probably would've been an 8 or 7 out of 10 without my personal bias.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2019 9:15 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I wish most of the episodes from this anime were like this one, with less focus on drama regarding love and more attention to the family aspect.

This whole series was totally a roller coaster of events but in the bad way. Some arcs were interesting while others were boring or insufferable even, mostly thank to Minko. Honestly, she was a terrible addition to the cast. 26 episodes and yet she still conserves mostly the exact same attitude and every time she received focus, it was made with the only intention to create some conflict due to her insecurities. Not to mention that she barely learned something from these experiences since Ohana and Nako were always there to make the first step to a proper resolution.

On a side note, seeing Nako teaching kids how to swim was really adorable but it makes me wonder what she will do once Kissuisou opens again since well, she loves to swim and that job of being a swimming teacher is pretty suitable for her passion... It really makes me wish she would have received more characterization instead of Minko to be honest.

All in all, it was a pretty disappointing series. I wasn't expecting that much focus on the romance aspect and due to that, I only ended up liking two or three episodes where the focus was on the interactions between Ohana and some member of her family. Episodes where the drama was better handled and the doubts Ohana had felt more natural and relatable.

Sadly, a disappointing 4/10 from me.
SouthRzVaMar 5, 2019 10:06 PM
Jul 30, 2019 5:03 PM

Oct 2015
I felt bad that they couldn't do a timeskip where Kissuiso has been reopened, it would've been nice. They just stuck on the present where everyone was doing their own thing. Ohana in Tokyo with Koichi, Tomoe working at that pub/bar/restaurant,Tohru helping Minko to seek apprenticeship, Nako teaching kids to swim, Ren working at the restaurant, Denroku retired with his family, Enishi and Takako doing their best to restore the inn. Well it was an average ending, and I'm quite happy because Ohana's grandma sort of released them to spread their wings more and follow their dreams. She thought the inn would've been in the way of their dreams and sort of sealed them there, instead of freeing them to their futures. But season 2 would've been nice to get a load of Ohana's dreams of reopening the inn and filling up those logs left for by Denroku.

Overall it was a good watch. The visuals were top notch even though it's 2019, the background was breathtaking. The Overall animation was amazing and the music. The only problem was the overdramatizing of the story line, at some point it tried to be some teen drama and it didn't deliver for me. I felt the romance part was forced and didn't fit well, it was done to entice the story and wasn't necessary. Ko and Ohana often went back and forth just to create a bit of sensation and it was tedious already. Minko's attitude, jealousy,bickering and obsessive nature towards Tooru was overdone and kind of annoying making her my least favorite character! Ohana's grandma, Ohana and Nako were my favorites.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 15, 2019 8:05 PM

Feb 2014
What a nostalgic ride this has been. From generation to generation, people change, the times change and so do us. Nothing lasts for ever but what matters the most is coming back together and rise up to the dreams that we all made it to be.

This series really taught us on how dreams are not just dreams of one but the collection of everyone that hopes it to make it. As someone looks forward to take on the family business one day, this was inspiring to the soul.

9/10.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 23, 2020 2:00 PM
Jun 2015
Perfect ending for this great series. Loved it, a 10 from me.

I loved how the relationships were developed in this, From Ohana and Kou, Ohana and Sui-san and everyone else. Binged watched it in 2 days, ahhhhh. I am feeling good.....
Jul 12, 2020 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
"Bonboro!"
😭 wahhh what a bittersweet ending... man, when Ohana's grandma was reminiscing while going thro the inn and then cried... Noooo I wanna see them all together and happy again 😭 I'll miss all these wholesome, hilarious characters. Well, I'm sure they'll restore Kissuisou eventually. It's their "place to be" after all. 😭 What a big "ohana"...
Haha, shipped Touru with Ohana at first, but now it's Ohana x Kou & Touru x Minko... also Ren x Tomoe 😂 Hooray for new ships.
They all grew so much by the end 💕 Criii I want to see how their lives turn out!
Aug 12, 2020 5:55 AM
Jul 2020
What a nice ride, I will. Miss this series.
Sep 20, 2020 11:23 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
SLIGHTLY disappointed, but still BARELY satisfied.

The first few episodes I was thinking this is the anime I've been looking for, a near-perfect work of art to give a 10/10 to. But as it went on, for me I started thinking it was going to be a 9, then an 8, and then finally at the end I've decided to give it a solid 7.

I wouldn't say it declined in overall quality, but for me personally I was just looking for a little bit more... let's just say that events happened that I didn't really care about. I noticed that it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for around just before the halfway mark of the series.

Really liked the energy and the heart of the first episode, and while I'd be lying to say that the rest of the series doesn't have as much heart, what I personally was hoping for was more focus on our lead protagonist. The focus of the series seems to be mainly on kissuiso, the hot springs inn itself as a whole.

The overall moral of the story by the end, I'm not so sure. Perhaps it's about personal growth, as she did call herself as a bud still waiting to bloom at the end, maybe someone can enlighten me on that. Or perhaps there's no moral at all (I know that's usually the case, but I make an effort to try to make one out of a series such as this one), and we're just here to sit back and enjoy the ride and watch our beloved characters go through this little journey until the end where they all part ways.

So yes, not a bad anime by a long shot, it's a good one, just not the GREAT one I was expecting during the first few episodes. I appreciate a self-contained anime, as far as I know there wasn't any source material, and thus gets an actual ending, which I value very highly in anime. The bittersweet ending didn't utterly destroy me like I was hoping, but it did get the feels flowing as madame manager-san walked through those empty halls. A fitting ending. Also appreciated showing little scenes at the end showing where are characters ended up; not required obviously, and it makes it even more bittersweet if they don't show such things, but I for myself needed something like that before ending it off.

Glad ohana and her grandmother got to have a heart to heart before parting ways. Didn't know I needed that so much.

Hoped for more, but still satisfied and happy with what I got. Quite the different kind of anime I'd say, a breath of fresh air even. Solid 7/10 from me

p.s. may seem a little like a review but I'd rather not write a review as I find this more laid back and easier to let my thoughts flow- also I wanna talk spoilers a little too you know

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 12, 2021 6:15 PM
Apr 2020
A good story, I like every part involving residents of the Kissuisou. All of their properties are really interesting. Besides that, one thing I don't like here is the existence of "love stories" between Ohana and Kouichi. Unlike the love story of his mother and grandmother. The romance between them was both very ordinary to make me bored. And for the ending ... Honest, I almost cried. This is one of my favorite slice of life anime. And I really hope there will be the next sequel. At least I hope to see the future waiting for the Kissuisou.

9/10
Feb 1, 2021 4:42 AM

Feb 2012
Great ending, everything was wrapped up nicely. I didn't expect much romance from the series, I thought it was more about working and Ohana finding her place, and the drama was there just to spice things up a little. I think if one goes in wanting romance and drama, this can be a frustrating watch. Some funny moments too, although I didn't see this primarily as a comedy. It's rare enough to see an anime focused on work, so the setting itself made it refreshing.

Overall 8/10, which is about the highest I can give to a series that was very pleasant to watch but didn't feel in any way groundbreaking.
Feb 16, 2021 2:13 AM
Apr 2020
Well, what else can I say? Except for this anime's great start, they really keeps up my eagerness from watching every episodes from start to finish. The story, the character and their relationship developments, the heavy dramas with some romance , and the beautiful animation.. All of it are excellent. The ending too is really great. Everyone is 'bonboring' towards their goal (lol). Though it will be really great if the ending expands or atleast time skips it showing on their respective dreams being reached but all in all, it's a great conclusion.

9/10 for an another excellent SOL anime. Really glad that I've watched this :) Time to see the movie one
Kirukato05Feb 16, 2021 2:19 AM
Mar 12, 2021 1:32 PM
Dec 2019
These past few episodes made me cry. Loved seeing everyone's spirit.
I was thinking that Ohana's mom and the ero writer would make a great couple, too bad that they didn't converse at all lol.
I'm so happy that things seem to be working out between Tohru and Minko, they're so cute together.
Omg and Nako teaching swimming lessons!
This was such a fun series.
It's amazing when SoL anime actually follow a storyline and it feels like you're working toward an end goal.
Mar 30, 2021 12:56 AM

Jan 2013
finally got a chance to catch up with this one after seeing Shirabako and Sakura Quest when they both aired, i must say...PA Works is really really good at these “Working” Slice of Life and i hope they do some more. it also helps that this one is the first one. there are some rough spots here and there, especially most of Minchi’s stuff and Ohana’s deal with Ko, but its fun nevertheless
9/10
Apr 5, 2021 1:14 AM

Aug 2014
Hanasaku Iroha is a nice anime.  I would say its underrated because it should be more known, but its also very overrated by those who have seen it.

Positives:
-Charming Characters

-Strong female lead

-Great Graphics/animation, which really helps to immerse you in the anime.

-Its comedic moments were a hit.

-Enjoyable.

Negatives:
-Too many episodes. It should have been 12-13 episodes and not 26 episodes.

-This anime resolved to too many episodic episodes just to give character development.

-The romance was secondary in the anime.  If the romance was a main issue in the anime along with running a hotel, I would have added this anime as one of my favorites. I really would have liked to see better romance development between the chef girl crushing on the chef guy.

-I never really cared for the romance of the female MC and Ko.  I just found it meh.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:23 AM
May 9, 2021 11:02 AM
Apr 2018
Pretty frustrating watch and rather disappointed by the development of the cast over the 26 episodes. A lot of the arcs were way too dragged and managed to be pointless.

Half the cast were barely bearable for most of the show as well. Okay finale I guess. So much wasted potential throughout the show as well and the fact that Shirobako is one of my favourites and I really enjoyed Nagi no Asukara as well made it worse since I expected a lot from a PA Works original 2 cour even though it was their debut 2 cour
PrasantGrGMay 9, 2021 11:06 AM
May 27, 2021 6:49 AM
Oct 2016
Good final episode.
In retrospective it is indeed wasted potential but that doesn't mean it isn't worth.

There are things I didn't point out yet, like production values. I feel like this is important, since the show, production wise, feels quite bland. It still uses visual storytelling and nice shots to make use of visual storytelling and build impactful scenes naturally. Not impressive enough.

In terms of its objetives and how they were reached, it falls into wasted potential. Characters are developed enough to make it being worth the watch, but coming from such a confident show in its presentation, it definitely holds back when it's trying to go deep into the character's conflicts. There are a good amount of silly plot lines which don't have well constructed basis because the characters used were never touched enough before. There is also a illusory sense of development in some characters, when the show uses one episode to give them depth and never touches their conflicts ever again and exists only for the sake of making later episodes coherent or a bit more dynamic.
Ohana had a lot more potential, the show gave her a lot of screentime at the first half and was too comfortable on her early realizations, so they weren't explored much further. Her love interest conflict was very bland, the connection to the core themes of the show is pretty barebones.
Very inconsistent actually, which is sad.

On the other hand, it has the heart in the right place and is really mature when it's needed (as I said before). Character dynamics are very good for the most part, and is quite subtle most of the time while uses the midium to its advantage. Sui is the most well used character in the show and Satsuki scenes are handled very well. Ohana is very charming and good protagonist to follow in my opinion. Good motifs overall.
The pacing is very good for the most part and I feel something is constantly moving forward, so you could imagine if it didn't waste so much potential.

Overall a decent show that doesn't aim for the stars but that has its pretty good moments (but also its mediocre moments). Most of the time is self-aware of what really it is and confident enough for SoL.
6/10
Jun 16, 2021 1:34 PM

Jun 2019
My 9th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Jun 21, 2021 7:34 AM

Mar 2019
AHHHH, WHAT A BITERSWEET ENDINGGG :'(

I was so close to crying when Sui/the Landlord was walking throughout the inn, seeing the place empty and remembering how it looked when everyone was there, that scene really hit me. I hope Beanman and her are going to live longer.

I hope both Tohru and Minko are going to work there, not just her.
Glad and sad at the same time to see Ohana in Tokyo again. I'm happy because it's tokyo so a big place and she's there with her mother and Kou-chan, but it's so sad to not see Minko, Nako and Ohana in the same place and also with the same people and that applies to everything. Sad to see that the inn has closed but at least it's not permanent and they all said they'd rush back when it's reopened so that makes me happy at least.

Sad to see Ren-san not with Tohru, I liked him a lot, same with Tomoe. I didn't really like the hentai novelist, but glad to see that he finally wrote something. Felt weird when he told those 2 that the manga is his creation. Yuina didn't get that much screentime at the end but it also feels sad to see that she's not even in Japan anymore.

Ohana finally confessed to Kouichi and that guy working at the stand made an amazing thing in 5 seconds, forming a heart on their food.

Nice series, it felt too long at times but the ending was great. They didn't use the love triangle cliche too much and I liked that. The drama was present at some time, but it didn't last long. Will miss everyone!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 3, 2021 12:32 AM

Jun 2020
Everyone was lively at the festival and I like the warm feeling that they're all present there, Ohana even got reunited with Kou at the festival and had some Yakisoba with a "twist" and confessed from there oh the red from their faces

What were that exchange of feelings in the room with Kou and Ohana somethings progressing a bit sadly Tarou was hearing them out and got busted and ruined the mood, Ohana has to return to Tokyo along with Satsuki, Damn sad to see the Inn close and very detailed as well the attention to detail while Sui is resonating nostalgia from memories

I am very much pleased and fulfill to see everyone at their places now, Enishi with Takako working together, Yuina studying, Mr. Beans with his relatives, Tarou uhm in a cinema, Ren-san in a kitchen, Minko along with Tohru on a job hunt, Nako teaching swimming lessons to children how sweet and finally Ohana living with Satsuki in Tokyo and Kou-chan waiting for her oh the sweet times.

This series was quite fun in the start mostly and ended up in an emotional battle as episodes progressed I had fun watching this and made a mark out of myself and the end was quite fulfilling seeing each and everyone happy I sure would love them to meet again and reunite with one another.
Oct 2, 2021 1:44 PM

Apr 2018
Life is beautiful and precious.
Mar 12, 2022 1:38 PM

Sep 2021
It took me a while to watch it all the way through, but I enjoyed it.
May 3, 2022 2:08 PM
Dec 2021
good anime this is. I find ohana quite annoying at times but i loved minko. she is hot.
Mar 22, 2023 9:01 AM
Dec 2017
Here we go, the final episode.
Actually, I begin this anime because of nano.RIPE.
I find a very nice SoL anime with good characters. Some episode seems a little bit longer (the ero-writer, the scam-movie drama).
During this final episode, tears are coming. The relation between Sui and Ohana is beautiful and emotional.

Finally, Ohana comes back to Tokyo. Kussuiso seems like a dream that give us some hints about our life developpement.

8,5/10
Mar 31, 2023 8:42 PM
Jan 2023
i am a bud thats trying to bloom!
Jul 1, 2023 3:38 AM

Jan 2013
what a f-ing waste of time this anime was and i hatewatched it thrice. can you believe that?
Jan 11, 11:39 AM
May 2020
nice show, enjoyed it all the way through, there were probably things that could've been better but i liked ohana a lot
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Sep 2020
Good finale, but the whole time I kept expecting Granny to pull a fast one on everyone and clarify she wasn't closing down the inn completely but retiring the name Kissuisou and letting Enishi start anew.

Overall, the show was fun, but I agree that the 2nd half really dragged it down.

I liked Ohana, and her dysfunctional relationship with her mom mirroring mom/grandma's relationship made for good moments, but her constant on Kou was annoying. Bitch, just give him up already and let bookstore girl take over.

Minko was also cool at first but got annoying when the focus was on her, and her "Hot Vit Lon" insult was just awful. I'm not sure if that was the meta-joke or whatever but it was cringy after the first few times (I actually like balut :p ).

Nako & Tomoe were the real MVPs, Tomoe definitely needed some more spotlight (the survival games group ep was my favorite).

7.5 festivusing it ups /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
May 5, 12:11 AM

Sep 2007
Its weird, I was loving this up until around half way but it all suddenly started to feel a bit flat and never really recovered. Reading all these comments it seems I'm not the only one who thought this.

I also don't think it really stuck its landing, it was trying to say something by having the landlady close the inn but I don't think it came across and was a bit anticlimatic.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2011

173 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.