Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2011 5:06 PM

Jun 2008
Leonard93 said:
werr-y said:
Bad on so many levels... And really, a Houki ending? What were they smoking when thinking up the script?

3/10 + 0.44 because of Char = 3.44/10 = 3/10

They created such a great character and just let her join the harem... Such a waste.

you must be stupid, houki ending was like 100% super obvious.
what have you been smoking?

I agree, Houki was the MAIN FEMALE character...

How is a Houki ending (TO THE ANIME, NOT THE LN) shocking???

This reminds me of Toradora:

Apr 1, 2011 5:16 PM

Nov 2008
Well, it was good for me, nothing concret, but liked the harem and the battle in the final. I thought that it could end in something with Houki, still we can't asume anything because the LN still continues (but still he will end with Houki).

8/10
Apr 1, 2011 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
Main girl my ass....I call ASS PULL, what fucking Main Female Character spends 9 fucking episodes as a pointless background character....this was a very shitty "main" girl has to win, no matter how fucking stupid. People had hopes that maybe this show would be different, considering Charlotte had 5 fucking episodes of her development with ichika
Apr 1, 2011 6:26 PM

Nov 2008
I felt empty after watching this last episode :(

8/10 all in all since Char moments have the majority and I like the quality, probably the best animation this season XD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 1, 2011 6:37 PM

Feb 2010
What rubbish. 3/10.
Apr 1, 2011 7:00 PM

May 2009
the best part of the ep was when Cecilie was laughing like a maniac at the end
Apr 1, 2011 9:07 PM

Jul 2010
I dropped this at episode 3 and I come to check out the last episode to see that it hasn't gotten any better : /

What a horrible anime.
Apr 2, 2011 12:02 AM

Dec 2010
this show was ok i dont really watch mecha or anything related to battles etc. but when he was about to kiss houki i was saying "awwww" then the cock block bunch showed up and cannot accept he didnt want them and i ended this series with an annoyed feeling. lol
- Marissa Chan!
Apr 2, 2011 12:22 AM

Jul 2007
Personally I enjoyed this series (of the ones I watched) final battles could've been a little better. I would like to know exactly what was the deal with the *Do you want power thing?* Sounded like a contract being agreed to.
But hey you'll never get 100% agreement.
Its entertainment.
I mean if you don't like it don't watch it, haters gonna hate
Apr 2, 2011 12:32 AM

Oct 2010
Fight scene with last boss was pretty good, but this whole ep seemed kinda rushed. The ending was also pretty weak.

Why Houki? I was really hoping for my pseudo-yaoiCharles ending after all that development she had with him in the middle of the series.

Better be some improvements if they're gonna make a second season.
Apr 2, 2011 1:56 AM

Jun 2008
I'm super disappointed with this show, these last few episodes were just painful to sit through.

I'll give it bonus points for avoiding the open-ended harem ending though :/
Apr 2, 2011 2:49 AM

Jul 2010
If houki was main "female" character then she would have more screen time in opening and in main time, but from all harem only lin had shortest screen time.
imo animators become too lazy to draw Natasha Philas and we have ending like this shit.
and ichika's inner world was cool, so many representatives of himself (i mean oak)
sorry, but my english is bad
Apr 2, 2011 4:55 AM

Sep 2009
Generic and predictable, but fun to watch at the same time...for me anyways.

To think Ichika could avoid all those blasts at the end, while carrying Houki

8/10
Apr 2, 2011 5:55 AM

Nov 2010
7/10

This anime was a fun ride when it wasn't taking itself seriously and was just about mechs and harem jellyness. When it got to the forced cliche drama, it turned to crap. I think I'd place Houki as my #1 disliked Tsundere.
Apr 2, 2011 7:29 AM

Feb 2011
good anime
9/10 from me
i got much fun from this anime
Apr 2, 2011 7:35 AM

Oct 2008
The best part of this episode is Charlotte saying "Ichika, what are you doing?"
Seriously, the entire abstract Ichika dream thing was so poorly done I just skipped it... I assumed it wasn't important to the plot anwyays.
Apr 2, 2011 8:43 AM

Nov 2010
Ended pretty fast, a well overall is was good but the ending sort of felt odd since things will never change...
I give it 7/10.
Apr 2, 2011 10:56 AM

Jun 2009
Fuck, this wasn't a Houki ending at all. This was a stupid harem ending. Episode was shit like i thought after ep11. Also, stupid Ichika for saying Houki looks better with tied-up hair.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 2, 2011 11:00 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so the ending has a lotta this and that, but, I glad that Ichika ended up with Houki, though there were a lotta pissed off girls.
Apr 2, 2011 11:26 AM

Jan 2010
Leonard93 said:
werr-y said:
Bad on so many levels... And really, a Houki ending? What were they smoking when thinking up the script?

3/10 + 0.44 because of Char = 3.44/10 = 3/10

They created such a great character and just let her join the harem... Such a waste.

you must be stupid, houki ending was like 100% super obvious.
what have you been smoking?
I never said it was shocking, nor that I didn't expect it, though I did hope they would go with a harem ending...
I only asked what they had been smoking when thinking up the script. I don't see how your brain would interpret that as me saying I was shocked by the ending.
Apr 2, 2011 12:14 PM

Sep 2007
That was so bad. Just terrible. I mean really, Ichika talking to some IS god in his coma? The fuck? Mysterious white haired girl? Really? And then the end of the show was just terrible. Fuck kind of cockblock was that? I would've smacked them bitches for that. It's a damn fucking shame 8bit wasted their talent doing CGI battles for this kind of retarded show. 5/10
Apr 2, 2011 1:20 PM
Oct 2007
I'm not very impress with the big boobs and crying being mech show lover. The only redeeming point is the more than average animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2011 2:24 PM

Oct 2009
LadyOrihime said:
Wow, they did go with a Houki ending? I'm shocked, since the LN's aren't finished

But I about died laughing when Cecilia shot at Ichika before he could kiss Houki. Loved Rin and Cecilia being all yandere

Me to xD
Apr 2, 2011 3:34 PM

Dec 2009
Who was the white haired girl, looked like a kanade clone XD

Hm, all in all the plot was dumb, but I enjoyed this way more than other shows this season, so 8/10 for this...

houki ending ftw.. sucks that their kiss got interrupted...so cliche
yuno6.jpg
Apr 2, 2011 3:49 PM

Aug 2010
I guess it must've been Houki's sis that made that one IS go crazy. That is what Ichika's sis said, right?

:P I really wanted Char to be with Ichika! She's the best! :D Good anime, but could've been better! 7/10
Apr 2, 2011 3:57 PM

May 2009
HOLY SHIT THAT ANIMATION and soundtrack during the fight.

Other than that, I was thinking they'd go with Houki there for a moment, but we got the typical harem ending - which was expected, so no disappointment there. The beserk Gospel IS machine was simply Tabane's way to make Houki "debut"? I was thinking we'd get a second season with a serious plot and everything, lulz.

Well, I for one really enjoyed this anime. I liked all of the girls and it had some great action.
stAtic91Apr 2, 2011 4:09 PM
Apr 2, 2011 5:41 PM

Jan 2010
RUINED.
I FOR ONCE THOUGHT HE'D GET WITH THE ONE USING A KISS.
RUINED, THEY RUINED ALL OF IT.
I HATE THIS ANIME.
I HATE IT.
Apr 2, 2011 8:06 PM
Jan 2010
Story probably was the worse part about this but what can you expect from a 12 episode harem LN adaption.
Other then that is after the characters are introduced 2 episodes later they barely get any screentime. Like Rin and Cecilia who basically became side chatacters with evil intentions especially Cecilias with laugh at the end.

The fight looked good and Second shift White Gospel kicks ass.
I'm sure the Akatsubaki looked stronger when Houki first used it.
Ichika at least made an attempt at the end to kiss Houki but it was interupted so that puts him above quite a few harem MCs since he tried.

Now I wan't a second season since that would have more story.
Apr 2, 2011 8:25 PM

Jul 2009
Well at least Houki win the last round 5/10
Apr 2, 2011 10:20 PM

Nov 2008
Had all of the episodes been like this one sans the harem aspect this would have been the the top anime this season. I would have preferred Char but Houki is fine too.
Apr 2, 2011 11:42 PM

Apr 2009
Let's see... Fighting was meh.
Random dream thingy with Ichika was ???
Open ending but Houki stands out more. She got blocked at the last minute... FFS.
Houki <3
Apr 3, 2011 12:13 AM

Jul 2009
1/10

But hey, at least it won a prize to take home...

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 3, 2011 3:53 AM
Nov 2009
OShoranO said:
Fuck this shit. CHARLOTTE ENDING NOW DAMN IT!

^this and i gave it an 8/10 (maybe a bit too high but meh)
Apr 3, 2011 4:04 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was interesting tho i have to say it was to serious for this Anime especially the first part it was like watching a opera with a stand up comedian in it.
The first half was just out of place.
Ichika made some progress tho he sees Houki as the opposite sex well sort of and there was even almost a kiss till he got interrupted.

The last few scenes where also a bit vague and seemed/where the scenes we saw at the start of this Anime.
The vagueness was in the unexpected power boosts and the good cooperation all of a sudden.
The there was also the explanations of the big sisters afterwards.

The Anime itself was decent for the most part tho had some contradicting features in the last few episodes and then there is off course the dumb male lead who didn't get any of the hints of the girls around him.
Tho this is usual in harem Anime, the ending was also pretty usual for a harem Anime since he didn't really pick a girl till the end tho Houki scored some points in the end.
All in all it was pretty enjoying to watch.
Apr 3, 2011 4:37 AM

Mar 2010
he should just get a few bottles of energy drink and fuck them all together in a room. that will settle all the who gets him issues.
Geso
-----:D
Apr 3, 2011 5:16 AM

Oct 2008
Alternate name for this would be BS : Bullshit

3/10 - And I'm even being generous.
Just another boring harem with lame mecha.
Apr 3, 2011 7:20 AM

Aug 2008
Well, it obviously wasn't the best mecha anime out there.
The soundtracks were probably the best thing about the whole series

Overall 6/10 for me~
Apr 3, 2011 10:55 AM

May 2010
Does anyone even understand what is going on anymore? LOl I pretty much gave up on the plot in this episode when that girl with the hat showed up
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 3, 2011 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
the LN is a whole lot better than this. The anime was pretty average 6/10
Apr 3, 2011 4:30 PM
Apr 2011
HORRIBLE! When I saw the end of episode 11 already knew it would be shit. He comes back out of nowhere and starts fighting with the robot there, Houki gain more energy and gives it to him, that's so wrong... He should have ended with Charlotte or Laura (so cute!).
At least the end it was unexpected, he chose someone, usually not one chooses is not it? But I did not like.

@edit:
Oniikami said:
anyway, what was up with that random white-haired girl during ichika's dream?

YES, who are she?
Apr 3, 2011 6:06 PM

Feb 2009
alexcampos said:
This reminds me of Toradora:

I agree with this. Toradora popped in my mind too when thought about the ending. That was the last thing that was so predictable.

Tenchi_Ryu said:
The is like Shuffle ALL OVER AGAIN

If it would be Shuffle again, Charlotte would have won. Given

alexcampos said:
I feel so bad for Youko Hikasa, she's so Awesome as Mio, but every other character is fucking retarded, generic, and below average.

I strongly disagree. Mio was the worst character she ever played. Well maybe I'm biased because I hate K-on!, but still: Mio was never a good character, because she's plain. Just like Houki (no, she's not a good character either). Shino and Maya were Youko's best roles so far.

Boy, you guys are really butthurt. The ending was so predictable from the start of the series. Houki was strikingly cast aside from the main cast since episode 2 and there were many-many little hints predicting a Houki end. Still: it's not a Houki end, it's an open ending. All you pissed off shippers should rejoice, because the open ending hints a sequel where you can drool over your favourite character again. But it's probably going to be a Houki end. He really didn't react to other girls (besides from freaking out and blushing), but he WANTED to kiss Houki on his own. That was the only moment throughout the series, when I felt that he resembled a guy. I still think he might be gay for a male Charlotte though...

The whole anime was predictable since the first episode until it's very end. The only surprise for me was when they utterly ruined Laura's character at the end of episode 6 (or 7, can't remember), and I'm still mad about it. But I got what I came for: bad jokes, harem, decent amounts of fanservice. The battle was nice too, I would have liked such battles every episode.

The best characters were undoubtly Chifuyu and Laura (before the butchering of her character).

A 7/10 from me, since it didn't fail to entertain me, it was living up to my expectations.

BTW: Who were the girls in the dream-sequence?
RadzeerApr 3, 2011 11:46 PM
Apr 3, 2011 10:22 PM

Feb 2011
The final battle wasn't that bad. The Houki ending was unexpected for me. I was expecting a non-pick ending. It was a good ending though. Cecilia's look at the end was priceless and her shooting before the kiss was just great. I'm gonna give this a 7/10 because ecchi, mecha, and harem all appeal to me.
Apr 4, 2011 1:12 AM

Nov 2007
shit anime is shit GODZILLA FACE PALM one of the worst anime of 2011

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Apr 4, 2011 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
Although this show was mediocre as hell, I found it very entertaining.
I upped the score from 5 to 6, cause I enjoyed watching it even though I don't like ecci, mecha stuff.

The dream sequence didn't make any sense though.
Apr 4, 2011 6:41 AM
Mar 2011
The only thing that I'm not happy about is that someone got his friends to vote spam my review "not helpful"... I had 8:10 helpfuls but now it's 11:24.
Apr 4, 2011 6:47 AM
Jun 2008
I can't seriously can't concentrate while watching this in Himado.it is funny till the end.

Overall this is an interesting Anime to watch and I am not regret on that ^^
Apr 4, 2011 8:20 AM

Mar 2011
CHAR FOR THE WIN. :) I just don't understand the part where chifuyu was talking to tabane about setting up ichika in the exams. -_- well, i'll give it 8/10 because of char and laura. :3

about all the questions to who is the girl in the dream of ichika...

reiko_Apr 4, 2011 8:46 AM
Apr 4, 2011 10:26 AM

May 2007
I liked the final battle, and good, a harem where we actually know who the lead will hook up with, now a season 2, for more battles and bring Houki closer to Ichika and I will be happy.

I have not seen that many butt hurt girls since Love Hina. And I have never seen this many butt hurt fans(okay once, with Kannagi)

Oh and I think the white haired girl was his IS, something about it reviving him and everything. A bit bs, but a fun series.

My anime list
Apr 4, 2011 11:00 AM

Nov 2007
no idea on the random girl during Ichika's dream. I was dreading the lame ending so I put off watching it. stupid battle orchestrated by Houki's sister. stupid focus on Houki when she had been worthless most of the series.

I also do not believe for a minute Ichika's dense ass was going to chose her. he would have dragged it out way longer and then probably said he wasn't interested in anyone but his sister. yeah you saw the way he looked at her.

still hope for a 2nd season for more Char and Laura. more Cecilia would be nice to. Ichika not being an idiot would be nice too. I sighed when he gave the typical shonen response .... "I want power to protect my comrades". come on dude.... you really had no interest in any of them?

to sum it up, Char + Laura = PRO TIER. CECILIA = GOOD TIER. RIN = OK TIER HOUKI = FORCED TIER.

I still liked the characters enough to give it a 7-8/10.

the random Gundam like dream/understanding sequences were very lame too. keep it in Gundam....
Apr 4, 2011 11:06 AM
Jun 2009
Didn't really like the whole harem thing. I think a got a red mark on my head because I slapped my hand so much against my head during the series, because Ichika had to be so fucking clueless...
I was hoping he would choose Charl, he gave her a nickname so she's special in my eyes (even if I don't like the whole harem thing, I still want to pick a character).
The battle in episode 12 would've lasted longer if it was up to me. I DID like the whole mecha idea. I could see a whole different, more serious, series in my head with this whole IS thing. I'm a huge Gundam fan, so I want to see good action, good/great characters and character design and or course a well-thought through story... Give me something like that and I would be drooling my ass of.
My first thought was when I saw the first episode was 'Oh no, not a cliché harem series', but it turned out to be a decent series.
7/10, because of the awesome action scenes in this series
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM

» I love the opening

goldfishluke - Aug 20, 2022

11 by MeguSae38 »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.