Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 28, 2023 9:52 PM

Oct 2012
I swear thus author has to be a virgin. doesn't want couples to be happy. tragic ends. aaaaa. I'm watching this anime with my gf and omg wtf did I get into rofl
Apr 21, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2016
Man had to go through getting rejected by his village and his sister, only to go through watching his wife and daughter wilt away. Hope that ending means he's got a happy future.
Jun 1, 2023 7:35 PM
Feb 2020
There were a lot of twists and turns. At first I was shocked, and then it got to the point where I was confused, perhaps a little dizzy from it. Like I understand what happened in the story, but my reactions went from "HUH!?!?" to "huh?" You know what I mean?
Oct 23, 2023 4:53 PM
Nov 2016
I'm watching this anime and I couldn't bother to respond to the previous episodes since I just don't "feel it", every episode is a new story and that's not enough time to get me emotionally invested with the story or the characters so it's a meh in that regard.

That being said, episodes 1, 2, and 14 are the only episodes I enjoyed so far, the rest of the episodes are meh so this is a 6/10 anime for me, and I hope it gets better.
Nov 16, 2023 4:23 AM

May 2019
Hopeful new beginnings at the end of this one.
Dec 13, 2023 12:12 AM

Dec 2019
Vic Mignogna. Ew.
Jan 5, 5:21 AM
Nov 2016
This was an episode with a huge mix of feelings, especially sadness and relief. Kisuke's story involves a lot of love for his wife, who he met when he was a child and with whom he married and had a daughter, but at the same time there is a longing for his village. The way the episode develops and we see Ginko trying to help him and analyzing the situation is magnificent.

Near the end, we see a dialogue between Kisuke and his daughter, where the father says that he would like the child to know his homeland. Hearing this, Setsu tries to destroy the bamboo of its origin, and after trying so hard, love makes him succeed.

It's sad to see how everyone in the village, including Kisuke's own sister, rejects him and thinks his family are monsters. He, who missed his village so much, now returns to the forest with his family, but unfortunately they both die. It's very sad (really), but we end with a ray of hope when the white bamboo reappears and we hear baby cries coming out of the tomb, thus implying that the two have been reborn.

Watching the episode, it was possible to notice clear similarities with the Japanese tale of Princess Kaguya, which even has a film by Studio Ghibli.

And I close here by saying that I skipped episode 13 and only realized this when I opened the MyAnimeList discussion page. That said, I'll end my comments here and will go back to watch it.
Mar 6, 6:21 PM
Sep 2022
My fav episode so far for sure. Damn that was sad, but at least they were reborn. Guess his wife will have to be his daughter now, so that's a little weird. Still loved it tho.
Apr 22, 12:02 PM
Aug 2023
This episode made me very sad and I also cried a lot when the mother and child died, but at the end of the movie, two bamboo trees sprouted from the grave. I'm not sure that they were reborn, but even so, it was no longer there as before, their family deserves to be happier T_T
Apr 22, 12:03 PM
Aug 2023
This episode made me very sad and I also cried a lot when the mother and child died, but at the end of the movie, two bamboo trees sprouted from the grave. I'm not sure that they were reborn, but even so, it was no longer there as before, their family deserves to be happier T_T
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

175 by reus23shinji »»
Yesterday, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 9, 2008

136 by reus23shinji »»
Yesterday, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

150 by reus23shinji »»
May 11, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 2, 2008

157 by hinasuns »»
Mar 21, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

93 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 16, 11:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.