Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 19, 2011 11:17 PM

Oct 2011
best anime of the season alongside mirai nikki - the fight scene in this episode was truly spectacular - what genius to create a moving soap opera out of an endless battle for bento! - the ice witch is truly one to be reckoned with...
Nov 19, 2011 11:19 PM

Oct 2011
ShizuoCell said:
I was quite disappointed, because there is no comedy. But, fight with Monarch was great!
- no comedy????? do you ride the short bus???? this episode was funny as hell and full of wonderful drama!!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2011 12:07 PM

Oct 2010
i allways end up watching Ben-to when i am hungry, am i the only one that gets really hungry after watching this? any way good episode, that fight with Monarch was great, and i was happily surprised when Shaga got beaten :) (and no i don't hate her before i get any one bitching about me haha)
Nov 22, 2011 2:25 AM

Nov 2011
Would've at least liked to see Ayame win at the end... She's yet to really defeat a "named" character. -_-;
Dec 4, 2011 4:33 AM

May 2010
lol,this series is great,even in most serious fights u end up laughing by thinking that they are fighting on just food.

Saito I mean Satou thinking about his nom de guerre,let me guess it will be "Freak"
Dec 9, 2011 12:35 AM

Oct 2010
I'm glad the Monarch arc is over. I just miss the humor-all-throughout-the-whole-episode episodes.

Still loving all the bento battles. :)))
[insert awesome signature here]
Dec 24, 2011 12:40 PM

Feb 2011
how can hungry turn into stronger
Jan 12, 2012 1:33 AM
Nov 2010
I was kind of bummed that this ended so quickly especially skipping out on all the other fights they could have covered. I supposed that might've diluted the fight they were in though at the Ralph's Store.

When Macchan, the Monarch Butterfly, was crying I think I was more compelled to help her than the Ice Witch. But then again her quiet smile in the whole episode was so charming.

I suppose they could've had more humor but that confusion in the beginning in the break room about the fight and quantity over quality was pretty funny. Shaga was real quick to take advantage of that though lol :3

I was actually really interested in how all the other territories did but I suppose like much of the elements to this arc, the writers wanted to focus on the end fight, and the backstory to it, more than anything else, since they took the time to show the dialogue between the Monarch Butterfly and the Wizard, as well as the backstory info with Shaga.

Oh well, hopefully they'll be more opportunities to show a fight on a grander scale the next time around. I still think they could've resolved a bit slower though. :< Come to think of it this story really revolves around the Monarch Butterfly more than anything. But it does perhaps set the stage for the free dogs and Beauty of the Lake.

I've been thinking about that other post last episode, about not showing how Satou is getting stronger. I actually find it refreshing from anime that spends so much time focusing on training or learning techniques. Or a main character that starts off annoyingly weak at first and/or whiny.
Jan 19, 2012 6:37 AM

Mar 2011
I vote for Sato's name being Hentai.

Especially, if people read Oshio's fanfiction and mistake it for who she's based her characters on!
May 18, 2012 4:10 AM

Oct 2009
Didn't like this episode. They've defeated Monarch too easy, in my opinion..
あらあら。。。
Jul 22, 2012 1:59 AM

Aug 2010
To be honest, the serious style doesn't really sit well with the show, I liked the earlier episodes when it didn't try to be serious, it just enjoyed being silly and awesome. Hopefully, with the conclusion of this arc things will go back to how they were. Looking forward to that 3/5.
Jul 27, 2012 8:26 PM

Jul 2009
Mm, not a bad episode but not one of my favourites. More plot is good but yea, it's not super great. Macchan and Monarch and Gabriel (OK that isn't actually his name but I don't know it -_-") were all friends, but Wizard beat Macchan and then Monarch went all evil. Well he got beat ... the fight was good as always but also lulz worthy because of how crazy it was XD
Satou beats Shaga for the food ... and he'll probably get a title soon, he's rising up the ranks so quickly. Poor Shaga, I want to see her win :(
Also goodbye Wizard and Mamoru! T_T How I loved to hear your voice :( Though I didn't expect them to be showing him leaving ... so maybe he'll play a bigger part eventaully? :O
Two titles next episode ... I wonder if this means something?
Aug 3, 2012 11:04 PM

Mar 2012
Food is serious business. I lol'd when his stomach grumbled after 3 days of "charging up"
Jul 19, 2013 8:59 PM

Nov 2012
tough guy show up.. its called monarch.. :3
and in the end he got beated by these 3 XD

when satou and shaga out from supermarket.. I think its kind of cute :3

next episode? SWIIMMMMINNGGGG POOLL MUTHAFUCKAAA~~ XD
Dec 22, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2012
Oh wow that combo! Really awesome episode to be honest, things sure are developing quite well!
Feb 22, 2014 9:01 AM

Oct 2013
katsu044 said:
Guess this was fine to have a serious episode to end the Arc but it kinda takes away from that *meta shonen feel* hope they go back to the great humor we seen so far next week.

side note not sure how long it's out but i just started to read Bento-zero which seems likea prequel to this.
Apr 7, 2015 4:19 PM

Aug 2009
just getting my facts straight here...

monarch butterfly (the god in ralph store) had a fight with wizard (kaneshiro first gen president of half-priced food lovers club?) and lost

monarch and nikaido(?) were juniors of monarch butterfly

well, fight was okay, i guess 3-on-1 is a bit cheating but who cares lol

feels like this is a finale but we're only halfway into the series o_O I guess cutting out the training part really saves a lot of time

guess there will be another arc

but wait a sec, didn't wizard help out saito in the earlier ep? how can he appear if he was studying abroad? o well
Nov 3, 2015 4:06 PM

Jun 2010
It's taking itself way too seriously to function as a parody yet at the same time the set dressing is shallow and lazy because it's masquerading as a parody where that wouldn't matter...

So this was awful.
Aug 26, 2016 1:19 AM

Apr 2009
Just cook your own food.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2018 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
They actually handled this arc pretty well, I was prepared for forced drama which would've ruined the episode. Hoping for something more lighthearted next and maybe some more Ayame fanservice :3
Feb 21, 2023 8:24 AM

Feb 2022
wow heavy episode, though to be completely honest i don't understand the whole wolf-dog-monarch thingy at all
the part when Yarizui enters the supermarket is soo epic
and ofc they won the fight. though imo the fight itself was kinda lame considering how strong the Monarch is supposed to be
the ending was cute
wonder what the next arc is gonna be, can't believe i binged half of the show already
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Sep 8, 2023 9:55 PM

Sep 2011
Kind of wish that Monarch wasn’t so underhanded. Wanted to see a true 1v1 between him and the witch since the dude had locked himself in a closet for three days to get hungry,

Oh and the jiggle physics be on point.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Oct 15, 2023 8:28 PM

Oct 2022
Bruh, I love how the concept of this anime is pretty ridiculous but the execution is actually quite good. I'm honestly impressed.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

135 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

112 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2011

126 by Stuntdrath »»
Jan 27, 6:57 PM

» This bitch right here Ume Shiraume

Zerity - Aug 24, 2017

34 by Imperfection98 »»
Jan 5, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

199 by fathandz »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.