Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2009 1:55 PM
Sep 2007
10/10

Hope there'll be a new season.
Oct 4, 2009 8:23 PM

Aug 2009
mushishi was such a great anime

the music was amazing and the animation was beatiful

Man ginko was so awsome I wish the last episode revolved more around him but it was still amazing

Hope the make more
Oct 18, 2009 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
Have we already seen that catfish before? I can't remember... But it's true that thing is quite special... Man... having grass on top of your head is not normal XD....

The entire episode differed of what we were used to from this show... I was expecting an ending full of Ginko's awesomeness or at least him being in danger, having the possibility of a horrible death XD But nope... nothing like that happen... We had a calm episode... Full of people we don't know... But was interesting to hear from...

In fact that Taku guy was great... Too bad he couldn't protect all the Villagers he actually succeed being the substitute of his father.... He couldn't protect his people when there was danger but was able to keep them alive after the disaster... He never forfeited to his land and the needs of the people that follow him... I liked that...

As for Ginko's appearance in chibi mode... It was unexpected but interesting... We knew a lil' bit of his past.. and how he started not knowing a bit of Mushis... And know look at what he is... a first rate Mushishi..

The anime was great overall... It always made me feel awed... The music. sounds, BGM's and even the VA-ing was great... The art was top-notch.... Yet the episodic nature of the show is what takes it down from the top... I feel that can easily damage the opinion of some people to this show.. That's pretty much the reason this show is not number one :P But I loved it...

Me wants Second Season too!!! XD

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2009 12:05 PM

Jul 2009
I really liked this series; the music was beautiful, images colorful, always left me with this bittersweet feeling at the end of each episode. As the series progressed, I liked Ginko's character more and more. I'm kinda sad to see it end but then again, I could just re-watch it :)
Nov 1, 2009 9:17 AM

Dec 2008
This was a beautiful Anime.
I miss it so much, I want more.
Every episode was an adventure.
Nov 2, 2009 8:52 PM
Jul 2009
After watching the entire series i was really planning on basing my rating on the epicness of the final episode. Unfortunitally this episode was not very good. Basing the story of the episode on 2 acquaintance's of Ginko's wasnt a good idea. So i give this show a 9/10
RedFlameHazeNov 2, 2009 9:08 PM

Nov 10, 2009 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
I cried, I'm so sad it's over. I loved every episode, I want moooore for every day of my liiifeee!

10/10
Nov 17, 2009 2:05 AM

Aug 2009
Haha, what I found most interesting in Mushishi, is that its the anime that followed the EXACTLY SAME SCENE from its manga. Seriously, even camera angles are 'exactly same'.

The primary reason I gave this anime 10/10 is art. Just look at BG of any scene for 10 second. That explains why.

Beautiful series. If Gurren Lagann can described as symbol of 'GAR', this can be the representative of the best 'episodic' anime ever made.
Dec 19, 2009 8:11 PM
Oct 2009
the last episode touched on the environmental issues instead of Mushies...which i think its 1 of the themes from in anime....
Dec 25, 2009 5:18 PM

Feb 2009
I really enjoyed the last few episodes, especially this one.
It didn't feel like it was a rushed on ending, and think it was very relevant to the series, it showed some of ginkos back story.

Without the young master telling the story to esasa ginko would have never became a mushishi.
Dec 30, 2009 5:11 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing series, I loved every episode. definitely 10/10

I felt like I was watching a kind of Ghibli movie after I finished each episode.

Ginko FTW
Feb 4, 2010 7:41 AM
Oct 2009
I gave this series a 8/10. Like other people have said if the last episode was better than I would give it a 9/10.

Feb 8, 2010 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
Amazing series, I want more!

10/10

Mar 2, 2010 11:23 AM
Dec 2008
Ginko has changed a lot don't you think so, ex-guardian?

Apr 5, 2010 6:11 AM

Dec 2009
for me 10/10
this anime is very special in its own way and i really enjoyed every episode. hope for a second season as well.
now the last episode was cute. no phancy things about mushi, but nice story about people who deal with mushi. i also like the open ending.
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
Apr 7, 2010 4:58 AM

Feb 2010
still. No season 2 is created. Well I think there's still a lot of things that hasn't been solved. Like the charcoal legged girl. Maybe it stopped coz they ran out of ideas for what the mushi can do and affect us :|.

Neither less, it was a fun journey. Wonder if there will ever be a season 2.
Apr 16, 2010 12:58 AM

May 2008
Beautiful series. The anime universe needs more stuff like this, to counterbalance the insanely fast-paced anime we usually see. The ending music is so relaxing, I would get chills at the end of almost every episode. Wonderful, relaxing, and simply beautiful. I agree the pacing was slow, so I had to watch only 2-3 at a time, but it calms me down every time after a hectic day. 9.5/10
Apr 16, 2010 1:36 PM

Sep 2009
I was hoping we'd get more Ginko character development in this one. Oh well, it's still a beautiful series with some of the best storytelling I've seen in an anime. 10/10
Apr 18, 2010 1:59 PM

Apr 2009
Great show. I didn't expect that there will be any "real" ending... series original and refreshing like that shouldn't end in definite way... so I was not disappointed by that last episode. Hope there will be second season; slow and peaceful as the first one.
Apr 19, 2010 8:26 AM
Mar 2010
Tsunami said:
Drybananna said:
Yeah, I agree.. This was a dissapointing
last ep, imo. Everyone pretty much said what I needed to say. =/

I really liked the anime.
Tsunami said:
Drybananna said:
Yeah, I agree.. This was a dissapointing
last ep, imo. Everyone pretty much said what I needed to say. =/

I really liked the anime.
Apr 30, 2010 10:47 PM

Jul 2009
I hope they end up animating the rest of the manga.

9.5/10 rounded to a 10/10
May 22, 2010 1:17 PM

Nov 2008
... and this is the end.
Wow, just wow, that was really one hell of a beautiful anime. Last episode could've been greater but in the end I'm not disappointed at all.

I'm really going to miss this anime...
May 25, 2010 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
Traveller said:
Amazing series, I loved every episode. Definitely 10/10

I felt like I was watching a kind of Ghibli movie after I finished each episode.

This, word by word.
Jun 1, 2010 12:32 PM

Jan 2010
for a last episode it was pretty strange that ginko wasn't the main character in it :D
he was just "that cool strange kid" :)

overally i thought that this would be as good as Clannad,but unfortunately it's just #4 in my all time favorites list,after Clannad,Aria and Angel beats...

it still gets a 10/10 for some great episodes :)

and 5/5 for the episode

PS:up next is...Kino no tabi(Kino's journey),i wonder how much it will be like Mushishi :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 17, 2010 8:58 PM

Apr 2009
uh.. 9.4/10 .. while it did not really need an ending, they could have chosen a better last episode for this.. there are also episodes i got so bored at and while it has good art for the environments, some characters look so much alike.. but this is still one great anime i'll remember for ages..
Jun 21, 2010 3:44 AM

Jun 2010
I always wanted to watch this, but i always watched something else in the end...

'This series... surpassed my expecations. Although there is no Storyline that gous through the series, the plot of every single episode was very good. I really liked the way of telling.

But what's the real star of the series is the Soundtrack. It's fucking GORGEOUS. There are not many Anime i watched the whole OP and ED every episode.

Overall: 9/10
Jun 23, 2010 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
this show MUST continue is so F******* good
Jun 24, 2010 8:50 PM

Feb 2010
Liked it a lot.
Jul 28, 2010 4:13 PM

Dec 2009
I liked this episode in the way that it featured Ginko right after he lost his eye up until what seems to be Ginko after everything else in the series.

Most of the episodes in this series were very good though, to me the series as a whole was lacking. I don't think enough carried from episode to episode to become connected to the overall story of mushishis. That being said if there was another season I'd definitely watch.
Such junk...
Sep 19, 2010 11:33 AM

Aug 2009
Yup.. I think I just witnessed a masterpiece. 10 doesn't seem like a fair score to give it. More like 100/10. I found it pretty hard to watch more than 2 episodes at a time. Its definitely not the type of show you would marathon.. Anyway, I loved it and I really hope there will be another season.
Oct 1, 2010 5:31 AM

Sep 2008
Just Rewatched the last ep.
I really dont understand some of the feedback here. The fact that there are people who didn't like the episode and downrated the series just because they didn't see Ginko for at least ten minutes of the last ep shows that a good story is not enough to please some people.

so we didn't get any Ginko development? really?. Nothing happened in this ep? we found out what happened to him after he lost nui...how he became an apprentice to a mushishi and started his career. We found out about the river of light...not to mention the deep message the episode conveyed. We found out how there's a whole bunch of people that sells info to mushishis about odd mushi happenings all over the land, and their connection to the river of light; a vital part of the world's lore. Seriously, whats wrong with you peeps?
Character interaction and development of the two kids in this ep was excellently handled and rarely have I grown so attached to the characters so quickly before. The story was really great. This is easily one of the best episodes of the series
PERIOD
eyerokOct 1, 2010 11:25 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Oct 4, 2010 11:05 PM
Mar 2010
Beserek, against all odds, has a sequel on the way.

There remains then hope for this anime...
Oct 5, 2010 9:34 AM

Jun 2010
skutieos said:
Liked it a lot.

^.^
Oct 10, 2010 1:50 PM

Dec 2009
Plate said:

It has an open ending simply because the manga is not done yet, the anime ends in the middle of the manga. They didn't just tack an ending on for the sake of closure, I like that.

Oh, I see. I understand now, I would've liked a proper ending though but knowing that the manga isn't over makes me wanna read it now.

I agree with what a lot of you guys said about only being able to watch a couple episodes max at a time, but (either I've gotten used to it or have a longer attention span) now I can watch them no problem. I actually finished the last disc of the dvd just now. I'd still give it a ten outta ten.
Oct 21, 2010 7:01 AM
May 2009
"eyerok" you are right... the last epi are awesome! mushishi are perfect... i just wanna other season T_T
Oct 25, 2010 12:52 PM
Jun 2008
I loved this anime, I hope there will be a season 2
Oct 31, 2010 10:09 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah, when I finished this episode. I checked MAL to see if there was any more. While it felt a little more special than an ordinary episode because it featured Ginko's past, It didn't feel like a final episode.

I gave it a 9 out of 10 because of the plain character designs and because it lacks an ending but really this anime was marvelous! Right up my alley!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Nov 6, 2010 3:35 AM

Dec 2007
A truly amazing anime! My grammar seems to be short on words good enough to describe it!
I loved that Ginko isn't the type of character he seems like. Because he looks like that "cold" type, where he's rude and emotionless, but very good by heart. And I'm glad they didn't make him the "idiot" type, where he runs around and does stupid stuff and in the end helped everyone.
For so many episodes really very poor main char developement. But the stories absolutely compensated for that. :) And I liked the art as it is so off-beat and irregular :]

In the end I gave 9/10 :D
Nov 23, 2010 2:29 AM

Oct 2010
I love this series. I love this last episode. I agree that this series is not about Ginko. It's the story itself. A full fledged anime, another rarity to preserve.

It was a good journey. Now life continues.
Dec 21, 2010 9:47 PM
Jul 2010
Final episode, final minutes left me with a smile on my face..

With mushishi's slow pace it took me a while to get round to finishing it but now.. Had the drive to watch it and definatly enjoyed every minute.. With the way it ends also it doesn't give me a feeling of damn this is over please make another series but at the same time I'd love for it to continue.

Guess thats just the feel of the anime setting in.. It's all just going with the flow for every episode.

Definite 10/10 anime... oh and yeah.. Nui has gone, she turned into mushi and is now just a part of the collective.

Chopper_Tonakai said:
I'm surprised no one brought up the scene where Ginko speaks to himself reminiscing his previous stay at the area.

He says it's the ex-master not his ex-master.. Anyplace with the mushi flow of life (don't expect me to quote the name >.>) Needs a master to govern the mushi and nature there so the flow doesn't go out of control, thats when either the snake mushi devours the old master and b ecomes the rightful master as it has the best control or a mammal takes the master role and will have its concious connected to all nature in that area,
BidaumDec 21, 2010 10:00 PM
Dec 22, 2010 5:05 AM

May 2010
I know this anime is about something much greater than Ginko's character - and I really appreciate that. I loved all the episodes, as each had such a unique story and was filled with emotions.

Still - I'm not gonna lie, I would've loved even just half an episode more that fleshed out Ginko's past/character. I added him as a favourite character nonetheless.
Dec 22, 2010 2:30 PM

Sep 2009
Marathoned in 2 days. Gotta say it's really good one.
Dec 29, 2010 6:59 AM

Jul 2010
Holy crap, I loved the hell outta this show. At first, this last episode left me a bit underwhelmed, but what someone said earlier about how without Taku, Ginko would have never became a mushi-shi (and therefore never would have came back to save the children in Taku's village) made it much better.

I can only hope for a second season to come along someday. 9/10
Dec 31, 2010 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
Brilliant anime. I downloaded the batch in July, and it took me roughly 5-6 months to finish this series. On the first day, I watched 5 episodes in one sitting but later did I understand that was not the right way to approach this series. So, I placed the series on hold and every week or so, I would take it out for another episode to watch. I've finally finished it and can really see the beauty in this anime. Personally, to enjoy this anime, you must not watch it in seek of enjoyment but rather a sense of fulfilment. Look for hidden merits and analyze the interactions with each character and with that, a beautiful scenario for each episode will reveal itself.

A solid 9/10.
Jan 2, 2011 5:38 PM

Oct 2009
Well, I don't think that it was a waste of time watching this. Mostly it was interesting. =)
Jan 2, 2011 9:28 PM

Dec 2009
Enjoyed this much more than Kino no Tabi, a definite classic right here.

There needs to be more of these thought provoking and stunning animes instead of the usual cookie cutter manga/animes we usually get from Japan.
Jan 3, 2011 5:45 AM

Oct 2009
I forgot to add that music here is wonderful. I'm definetly going to search for the ost.
Jan 3, 2011 5:45 AM

Oct 2009
I forgot to add that music here is wonderful. I'm definetly going to search for the ost.
Jan 6, 2011 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
koreye said:
I really dont understand some of the feedback here. The fact that there are people who didn't like the episode and downrated the series just because they didn't see Ginko for at least ten minutes of the last ep shows that a good story is not enough to please some people.

so we didn't get any Ginko development? really?. Nothing happened in this ep? we found out what happened to him after he lost nui...how he became an apprentice to a mushishi and started his career. We found out about the river of light...not to mention the deep message the episode conveyed. We found out how there's a whole bunch of people that sells info to mushishis about odd mushi happenings all over the land, and their connection to the river of light; a vital part of the world's lore. Seriously, whats wrong with you peeps?
Character interaction and development of the two kids in this ep was excellently handled and rarely have I grown so attached to the characters so quickly before. The story was really great. This is easily one of the best episodes of the series
PERIOD

Spot on.

Burned through this series in a couple days, was too good. Slow pacing didn't bother me at all.

10/10 Here's hoping for another season some day.
Mar 21, 2011 8:17 AM

May 2010
Just because this is the last episode, I skimmed all previous posts to see what are their reactions to this brilliant anime.

And yeah, the last episode didn't seem similar to the previous ones or doesn't seem right for the ending but it's still special for me.

It's all about the character interactions which was clearly depicted in this ep.

Downrating this show just because Ginko only showed up for few minutes doesn't feel good to hear :(

For me, the ending was just great. Though it was an open ending but it left some message about our current environment.

Well, the journey ends here but I'm hoping for another season of this one of a kind masterpiece.

10/10

koreye said:

PERIOD

T-up for this!!
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

175 by reus23shinji »»
May 15, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 9, 2008

136 by reus23shinji »»
May 15, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

150 by reus23shinji »»
May 11, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

159 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Apr 22, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 2, 2008

157 by hinasuns »»
Mar 21, 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.