Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 19, 2011 4:41 PM

May 2010
The changing thing was expected, as well as the pairing of Houki and Laura.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Feb 19, 2011 5:50 PM

Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
Ugh... they're completely forcing the fanservice is just terrible. Really? HERP DERP WE CAN'T CHANGE IN DA SAME ROOM. It's called the bathroom, Ichika. Use it.
Agree with this. Terrible that the mecha fights and wonders have shit all meaning in regards to fan service. They should force more mech battles in this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 19, 2011 6:18 PM

Oct 2010
I love how this anime introduces each subsequent character as powerful and overwhelming and then suddenly as they introduce a new character, the previous characters are nothing more than weak garbage.
... No I don't love how they do that.

And is anyone else wondering how the freaking hell Ichika is gonna win against Laura and how he can be so great at fighting in one episode and suck pond water in the next?
Feb 19, 2011 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
Quite honestly I felt Ichika's dash was justified stupidity. Considering his sword is hax powered and can OHKO most other IS's he was probably trying to test that Nazi German IS' defensive capabilities. Plus he had Charl to back him up since Laura HAS to stay still for the AIC thing to work (as proven by Cecilia's maneuver).
Feb 19, 2011 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
Charlotte is by far my favorite female on this show, right up there with Chifuyu and Laura. Go Team Charlotte!
Feb 19, 2011 9:56 PM

Jul 2010
Charlotte and Ichika are good together, too bad they're too stupid to realize there is a divider for beds or a washroom where Ichika found out "Charles" was a girl -.-''
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Feb 19, 2011 10:34 PM

May 2009
wew nxt episode will be epic :))
Feb 19, 2011 11:55 PM

Nov 2008
It was an interesting battle but all those girls have big egos and they really should be less talkative. They should be more like Charlotte, I was hoping that we would get more of her in this episode but the changing scene was ok.
Feb 20, 2011 2:49 AM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:
Ugh... they're completely forcing the fanservice is just terrible. Really? HERP DERP WE CAN'T CHANGE IN DA SAME ROOM. It's called the bathroom, Ichika. Use it.
Agree with this. Terrible that the mecha fights and wonders have shit all meaning in regards to fan service. They should force more mech battles in this series.
Yes and meaningful battles at that! The only real meaningful battle we've seen so far was the one against the unmanned IS with the core. The rest are all trainings or in-school tournaments. Why is there no enemy of some sort? Why does it all stay in-school?

Feb 20, 2011 3:54 AM

Nov 2010
The cutest girl in this episode was Charlotte same as the previous episode. And the most gallant warrior in this episode was Charles. Although Rafale Revive custom II was equipped only conventional weapon of 2nd generation IS, with accurate shooting, he was able to put pressure on the odd-eye with a 3rd generation IS. I hope next episode will be more exciting and the discussion for the next episode to be more comfortable without ill-speaking.
Feb 20, 2011 5:34 AM
Feb 2009
yes, the cloth changing thing is kinda cliche but i m not really bothered by it, since it is all matter of want to see n want to be seen (lol ichika u r so perv)

but this,
HowTragic said:
I love how this anime introduces each subsequent character as powerful and overwhelming and then suddenly as they introduce a new character, the previous characters are nothing more than weak garbage.
is disturbing....
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 20, 2011 5:37 AM

Jun 2009
You know what I like about this show? It's got a well-drawn male teenager in a swimsuit! Reverse fan service is niiiice ^____^
Feb 20, 2011 8:43 AM

Feb 2011
I think they went a little overboard with the ecchi...

Feb 20, 2011 9:22 AM

Nov 2010
Waiting...Need to see the epic battle between the pairs in the tournament. Looks like Charlotte is by far the closest to Ichika then anyone else, especially Houki. Well let's see what Laura's IS is capable of doing.
Feb 20, 2011 9:59 AM

Sep 2010
filachan said:
You know what I like about this show? It's got a well-drawn male teenager in a swimsuit! Reverse fan service is niiiice ^____^

i lol'ed, still see it like this.
the men get a whole school filled with girls in suits.
the girls get 1 man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2011 10:19 AM

Oct 2008
HowTragic said:

And is anyone else wondering how the freaking hell Ichika is gonna win against Laura and how he can be so great at fighting in one episode and suck pond water in the next?

His power grows with the amount of cheesy, idealistic verbal diarrhea he regurgitates during his fights.
Remember the fight in episode 2 against Blue Tears? He got stronger as he spouted random crap about defending his family and the world, and perhaps achieving world piece.
His power levels increased when he spouted crap about protecting Rin in whatever episode that was.
His power levels will no doubt increase in the next episode after spouting more crap about protecting his harem, his sister, the world and the universe, which will ultimately lead to him pulling some ultra powerful move out of his rear and winning.

Yumekichi11 said:
Wasabi said:

Logic and common sense are ejected from the brain when it comes to fanservice. Also, was it just me or did we get like 15 seconds of random imagery with just the noises... Save the real scene for DVD?
OmniknightFeb 20, 2011 11:27 AM
Feb 20, 2011 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
OrochiPL said:
zimno said:

Want so much... (屮゚Д゚)屮
Yeah I know but I am content with just the posters of them. Room has no space.
Omniknight said:
Also, was it just me or did we get like 15 seconds of random imagery with just the noises... Save the real scene for DVD?
Yeah me too I am thinking it was like that.

Feb 20, 2011 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
OrochiPL said:
zimno said:

Want so much... (屮゚Д゚)屮
Yeah I know but I am content with just the posters of them. Room has no space.

Get me posters then. : )
OrochiPLFeb 20, 2011 1:50 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 20, 2011 3:29 PM

Aug 2010
It seems like charles is in the lead haremwise. That german girl was a killer beating basicaly evryone that episode cant wait to see the battles in the tornument
Feb 20, 2011 5:47 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good episode. Laura is ownage, so now Rin and Cecilia can't participate. I LOLed at the room scene, yea, there's a bathroom? XD Except I totally ship them now ahaha XD
It was interesting to see Houki's past and how Laura reminds her of that. They're paired together in the tournament ... next episode should be really interesting! :O
Feb 20, 2011 6:17 PM

Sep 2006
Charles and Laura are much more interesting characters than the hyper-active annoying duo Cecilia and Rin, and tag-along Houki. She's really missing out everything since she doesn't have an IS. Ever since Charles entered the picture, Houki's hardly gotten any relevant screentime anymore.

I thought Laura would get a serious telling off for trying to murder students, but seriously, nobody was punished?! Seriously?! I can understand if the harem side of the story doesn't make any sense, but does anything else in the anime make sense?!
Feb 20, 2011 7:20 PM

Jun 2009
cardinal4 said:
I thought Laura would get a serious telling off for trying to murder students, but seriously, nobody was punished?! Seriously?! I can understand if the harem side of the story doesn't make any sense, but does anything else in the anime make sense?!

It's usual for anime that nobody's punished for misbehavior. I couldn't bear this in SDF Macross at first (and there's army in there, not some college), but then just gave up. Enjoy the swimsuits! ;)
Feb 20, 2011 8:20 PM
Feb 2011
Please kill off the Harem girls. Yeah, I'm asking too much after two of them got brutally beaten to submission. Please all of you die. Also, Laura will end up being in love with Baka Ichika. It's a no-brainer and not rocket science. Still can't believe on some forums say that Star Driver is stupid and give this garbage is okay. What's up with american anime fan community today. Just like americans to watch any crap that comes out that is entertaining without acknowledging their own standards for themselves. It just upsets me.
Feb 21, 2011 1:26 AM

Nov 2009
Sebastian33 said:
Please kill off the Harem girls. Yeah, I'm asking too much after two of them got brutally beaten to submission. Please all of you die. Also, Laura will end up being in love with Baka Ichika. It's a no-brainer and not rocket science. Still can't believe on some forums say that Star Driver is stupid and give this garbage is okay. What's up with american anime fan community today. Just like americans to watch any crap that comes out that is entertaining without acknowledging their own standards for themselves. It just upsets me.

Um don't watch? & lol, please don't generalize about the "American anime fan community" , I'm pretty sure it's not just America, xD

On topic, Charlotte has probably been the only genuinely interesting girl. :3 Hopefully the upcoming fight isn't a disappoint.
Feb 21, 2011 2:35 AM

Jul 2010
Sebastian33 said:
What's up with american anime fan community today. Just like americans to watch any crap that comes out that is entertaining without acknowledging their own standards for themselves. It just upsets me.
Insult the show 'til you're blue in the face, but why bring countries into it? I'm an American and not particularly fond of this show, so there you have it. Like CookieMonstah said, please don't generalize.
Feb 21, 2011 3:14 AM

Jul 2010
Sebastian33 said:

yes. it makes excellent sense. i take your advice very much to heart.
...though im not an american.

btw, why have you ever posted on I.S. threads only since you joined MAL?
Feb 21, 2011 4:26 AM

Jul 2009
Onyxthegreat said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yes and meaningful battles at that! The only real meaningful battle we've seen so far was the one against the unmanned IS with the core. The rest are all trainings or in-school tournaments. Why is there no enemy of some sort? Why does it all stay in-school?

Well, looks like we will get that unmanned IS story in the last 2-3 episodes. Usually this kind of anime will follow that pattern. And I completely agree with the comment regarding the fanservice, it was terrible indeed, at least find a better way if you want to provide some fanservice scene >_<
RegulusFeb 21, 2011 4:30 AM
Feb 21, 2011 6:22 AM

Aug 2010
Figures...though I had a hunch that he would be paired with Laura instead, not Houki...it was an ok episode, the fighting was pretty interesting but the harem part just made me say 'meh' again...
Feb 21, 2011 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
So Germany and Japan are going to team up to crush France?

Where have I seen this before?
Feb 21, 2011 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
Sebastian33 said:

Can we keep comments relevant to the show?
I agree with you on the shortcomings of this show, but others are bound to disagree and I respect their opinion.
People like different things. Just because you and I don't like it, doesn't means others can't like it. Hell, sometimes you just need to watch shows that don't require the brain to be on sometimes!
If you don't like the show, don't watch it.
Feb 21, 2011 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
JustRad said:

Technically it will be Germany against France with two rather useless japanese sidekicks for either of them.XD Seriously, how can sword succeed against impenetrable shield and plasma cannon?
FallenSeraphimFeb 21, 2011 12:40 PM
Feb 21, 2011 12:25 PM

Feb 2010
I'll never undertsnad why people bitch about "plotless" animes, harems, etc. that much. Animes exist to entertain you if they fail in your eyes and you prefer "deep" stuff go read a god damn book.
Feb 21, 2011 2:08 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Interesting ending.

Feb 21, 2011 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
I literally lol'd when I heard Laura's weapon name: Anti-Inertia Canceler. Forget hax, this thing just stops physics. I realize I'm talking about an anime about robot suits piloted by teenage girls, but usually they are a little more subtle when they bs stuff like this.
Feb 21, 2011 4:53 PM
May 2009
Fated1 said:
I literally lol'd when I heard Laura's weapon name: Anti-Inertia Canceler. Forget hax, this thing just stops physics. I realize I'm talking about an anime about robot suits piloted by teenage girls, but usually they are a little more subtle when they bs stuff like this.

I was wondering if it was called the Anti-Inertia Canceller shouldn't there still be Inertia since it's a double negative
Feb 21, 2011 7:27 PM

Apr 2009
JustRad said:

My thoughts exactly. (although Ichika is Japanese, but he doesn't count cause he's a guy).
Feb 21, 2011 8:52 PM
Feb 2011
Rhypo-oniichan said:
I'll never undertsnad why people bitch about "plotless" animes, harems, etc. that much. Animes exist to entertain you if they fail in your eyes and you prefer "deep" stuff go read a god damn book.

Well, i'm gonna say this nicely as I can so i won't bitch at you for what you just said. Anime is entetainment, I do agree with you on that. But, it's not just entertainment, it's also an art form. It's an art form that comes with stories that creators create. When you have that type of formula and good writing you get a something called "anime" Now I know that not all anime can't be masterpieces, but I do firmly believe that even though something can be mediocre, it can also be a bit smart if something puts effort into it. Now I don't mind SOME things to have stupid elements in it, as long as the show knows it limits and not be redundant and forced, I can dig it. That is what anime means to me.
Feb 21, 2011 9:54 PM

Sep 2009
Laura is so overly violent. I wouldn't be able to stand her if she existed.
Feb 22, 2011 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
FallenSeraphim said:
Seriously, how can sword succeed against impenetrable shield and plasma cannon?
Oh that's easy, it's a sword.
It's like the greatest weapon ever in anime history, how can it not win? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 22, 2011 3:43 AM

Mar 2008
SilveRR said:
Fated1 said:

I was wondering if it was called the Anti-Inertia Canceller shouldn't there still be Inertia since it's a double negative

Isn't it "Active Inertia Canceler"? The solution is simple then: energy weapons. Ain't got no inertia to cancel. BRING ON THE KARASAWA!
Feb 22, 2011 5:03 AM

Jan 2011
The battle was pretty awesome and brutal seeing how the brute force of Laura's IS.

The scenes between Charlotte and Ichika were so cute, especially the kiss on the forehead and good night thing was very sweet. Go Charlotte!
Feb 22, 2011 2:59 PM
May 2009
HowTragic said:

I noticed this too, but at least they didn't introduce Houki or Charlotte as overly powerful
Feb 22, 2011 4:21 PM
Feb 2011
Waiting for the next shitastic show. The wait is killing me.
Feb 22, 2011 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
Sebastian33 said:

I share this opinion. The show is shit but I find myself looking forward to it every week... Strange.
Feb 22, 2011 5:11 PM

Oct 2008
RogueAngelX said:
Sebastian33 said:

I share this opinion. The show is shit but I find myself looking forward to it every week... Strange.

I second this. I faceplam through this show every single week, yet I continue to watch it...
There must be a subconscious hook that makes us come back.
Feb 23, 2011 8:56 AM

Jan 2010
Can we delete Lin and Cecilia from this anime? srsly, I hate this 2 characters...

btw. Nice episode, I cant wait for next ep. ;D
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Feb 23, 2011 9:35 AM

Sep 2010
Omniknight said:
RogueAngelX said:
Sebastian33 said:

I second this. I faceplam through this show every single week, yet I continue to watch it...

i like the show and also wait for it every week ^_^.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2011 2:05 PM

Oct 2010
Mikas666 said:
Can we delete Lin and Cecilia from this anime? srsly, I hate this 2 characters...
Cecilia maybe because those funnels are annoying but Fang I like so no.

Feb 23, 2011 2:18 PM
May 2009
Leonard93 said:
Omniknight said:
RogueAngelX said:
Sebastian33 said:

i like the show and also wait for it every week ^_^.

I can think of many things that are bad about this show but I somehow I always enjoy it and always want to watch the next episode
AquaHazeFeb 23, 2011 4:13 PM
Feb 23, 2011 2:37 PM

Mar 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Mikas666 said:
Cecilia maybe because those funnels are annoying but Fang I like so no.

I vaguely remember someone really fav'ing Bri-tan so nope on that one too.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.