Forum Settings
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 2, 2023 2:57 PM
May 2016
As a history buff I am really pleased with the way the anime made use of Lavrentiy Beria to kind of move the plot along, no one really knows of this creep but he was very powerful as the head of the NKVD to the point that Stalin wanted to keep him in check. As soon as I saw Beria in anime I was like I know this guy I can't believe they put him in. Honestly as creepy as the scene was, him driving around town looking for women to rape was so on brand for that fucking creep, pretty sure his IRL record is upwards of hundreds of women and even Stalin was scared of leaving his daughter with him. Him being obsessed with Tanya is so on brand and creepy.

This anime even put in the PALACE OF THE SOVIETS, this stuff feels so obscure I did not think they would even try including this stuff in. It does feel kinda weird not seeing Lenin on top but I guess the Stalin in this universe served as both the head of the revolution and industrialiser who probably oversaw the holodomor. Would the state ideology be Marxists-Stalinist then?

One thing I would really have liked to see would've been some brilliant Soviet commanders stepping up because although the huge purge got rid of many experienced and brilliant commanders, the Soviet Union was certainly in no short supply of talent, Zhukov being the most prominent example who by this point would've distinguished himself in the far east, though I guess since the geopolitics and the focus of the show is different this can't really be done. There is only so much you could do on screen, this kind of detailed stuff could only be included in manga or in a novel.

Jan 4, 2023 10:45 AM
Feb 2022
One of my fav anime movies ngl
Jan 4, 2023 11:16 AM
Feb 2022
One of my fav anime movies ngl
Jan 5, 2023 8:49 AM
Oct 2021
CardinalHunter said:
As a history buff I am really pleased with the way the anime made use of Lavrentiy Beria to kind of move the plot along, no one really knows of this creep but he was very powerful as the head of the NKVD to the point that Stalin wanted to keep him in check. As soon as I saw Beria in anime I was like I know this guy I can't believe they put him in. Honestly as creepy as the scene was, him driving around town looking for women to rape was so on brand for that fucking creep, pretty sure his IRL record is upwards of hundreds of women and even Stalin was scared of leaving his daughter with him. Him being obsessed with Tanya is so on brand and creepy.

This anime even put in the PALACE OF THE SOVIETS, this stuff feels so obscure I did not think they would even try including this stuff in. It does feel kinda weird not seeing Lenin on top but I guess the Stalin in this universe served as both the head of the revolution and industrialiser who probably oversaw the holodomor. Would the state ideology be Marxists-Stalinist then?

One thing I would really have liked to see would've been some brilliant Soviet commanders stepping up because although the huge purge got rid of many experienced and brilliant commanders, the Soviet Union was certainly in no short supply of talent, Zhukov being the most prominent example who by this point would've distinguished himself in the far east, though I guess since the geopolitics and the focus of the show is different this can't really be done. There is only so much you could do on screen, this kind of detailed stuff could only be included in manga or in a novel.

yeah, kinda wish the anime did more justice for the astounding source material given
Apr 20, 2023 12:45 PM

Nov 2010
CardinalHunter said:

Ah, he was supposed to be Beria? I thought he was an alt. timeline Gorbachev with that birthmark.
Jun 3, 2023 7:30 AM
Sep 2017
Not!Soviet (Rusky Federation) struggle to assemble an effective mage formation, let alone proper air defence because it's bourgeois to know magic ™ 
Same for the generals- they're purged. Simple as. 
Very typical for the Ruskies, I must say.  
Jan 23, 6:53 AM

Mar 2015
Wow so that creep is a real person.. A scary fact

More topics from this board

» Does anyone actually like Mary Sue?

Pirate8994 - Jan 1, 2022

32 by RaptorDan »»
May 24, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cypress- - May 16, 2019

163 by Devonnius »»
Feb 20, 9:00 PM

» Is this filler?

Golden_Cheese - Sep 1, 2023

12 by MrBoomTop10Anime »»
Sep 2, 2023 1:49 PM

» Will there be a sequel? -(also will this get a dub?)

awesomeblackman - Jul 5, 2019

19 by Tiffanys »»
Apr 24, 2023 4:50 PM

» Season 2 announced!

go1d1eaf - Jun 19, 2021

8 by StarThrone »»
Sep 7, 2021 6:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.