Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Youjo Senki Movie Episode 1 Discussion


#1
May 16, 6:25 PM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This movie was really good, definitely worth the price of admission. If anyone saw it in the theater how about an opinion!
 
#2
May 16, 6:30 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1228
Now because of that ending we better be getting a sequel.
 
#3
May 16, 6:32 PM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
Zerity said:
Now because of that ending we better be getting a sequel.
I have a feeling we will. They could end it there if they wanted but it definitely needs a continuation. Tanya got what she wanted in the rear but at a price. Now we need to see where this turn of events leads her.
 
#4
May 16, 6:33 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1228
did u not stay for the after credits? at the end they told her that she is doing her research at the front lines. with a joint army thing @Inu_Cypress
 
#5
May 16, 6:35 PM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
Zerity said:
did u not stay for the after credits? at the end they told her that she is doing her research at the front lines. with a joint army thing @Inu_Cypress
I did stay but it sounded to me she would be conducting those operations from the rear. I must've heard wrong or missed something.
 
#6
May 16, 6:48 PM

Online
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 5643
Great movie, very exciting and action packed and they had the right amount of comedy too.
Lived upto the strengths of the series very strongly, I was very pleased.

The scene where they invade the Federation's capital and then sing the national anthem was just pure gold. It made the whole sequence almost seem like a work of art. Just beautiful.

Action sequences were fantastic as expected, the pink beams of Mary's were especially great. Sound direction and explosive effects were top notch.
Kinda interesting they had a character called Mary Sue as well. XD

The scene where Tanya shoots Mary and her blood stains the statue of God behind her was some masterful presentation, very symbolic as well. Tanya rejects God while Mary is blessed by God.
Though it seems as though Mary survived for Mary Sue reasons? xD

The sequence where Tanya reacts with joy having been put on the rear was great and her reaction to getting put back up front is priceless. xD

8/10, they have to do an S2 after this.
 
#7
May 16, 6:50 PM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
Lelouch0202 said:
Great movie, very exciting and action packed and they had the right amount of comedy too.
Lived upto the strengths of the series very strongly, I was very pleased.

The scene where they invade the Federation's capital and then sing the national anthem was just pure gold. It made the whole sequence almost seem like a work of art. Just beautiful.

Action sequences were fantastic as expected, the pink beams of Mary's were especially great. Sound direction and explosive effects were top notch.
Kinda interesting they had a character called Mary Sue as well. XD

The scene where Tanya shoots Mary and her blood stains the statue of God behind her was some masterful presentation, very symbolic as well. Tanya rejects God while Mary is blessed by God.
Though it seems as though Mary survived for Mary Sue reasons? xD

The sequence where Tanya reacts with joy having been put on the rear was great and her reaction to getting put back up front is priceless. xD

8/10, they have to do an S2 after this.
I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. Hats off good sir/fair lady!
 
#8
May 16, 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1125
Just finished watching the movie. Absolutely loved it.

Tanya vs Mary was of course the highlight of the movie with their battle being ridiculously over the top and Mary shooting laser beams like there's no tomorrow.

The ending was perfect with Tanya thinking she got the peaceful life she always wanted, but being sent to the front lines again.

I hope a season 2 comes out in the future.







 
#9
May 16, 7:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 33
A minor gripe I had was the fight between Tanya and Mary. Overall it wasn't bad, however there was the flying segment through the town between the two. It looked like it skipped frames or something. Its like a frame dip in a game if I had to compare it to anything. If more frames were added it would've looked clean. Maybe its something that can be fixed in the Blue-Ray. Or maybe that's just how it is. I'm glad Mary wasn't killed though, it seems like she could be a great rival to Tanya.

The sounds though were just so good. Then they add a damn musical part, the end before credits where Tanya was dancing, so much I loved about the movie. I'd say though in the end, it was more of a Special rather than movie quality. At least on the animation side of things. The rest was what you'd expect from the show, and that's good enough since the show already looked good.
weed lol
 
May 16, 7:24 PM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
BLOODMIESTER said:
A minor gripe I had was the fight between Tanya and Mary. Overall it wasn't bad, however there was the flying segment through the town between the two. It looked like it skipped frames or something. Its like a frame dip in a game if I had to compare it to anything. If more frames were added it would've looked clean. Maybe its something that can be fixed in the Blue-Ray. Or maybe that's just how it is. I'm glad Mary wasn't killed though, it seems like she could be a great rival to Tanya.

The sounds though were just so good. Then they add a damn musical part, the end before credits where Tanya was dancing, so much I loved about the movie. I'd say though in the end, it was more of a Special rather than movie quality. At least on the animation side of things. The rest was what you'd expect from the show, and that's good enough since the show already looked good.
I agree, I feel like this could've been stretched into a second season rather than a film. It just didn't feel like a movie, it felt like a glorified season 2.
 
May 16, 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 619
The movie was so freaking good.
Tanya got outplayed again at the end lol, however all those joint forces they gave her look really intimidating. At least she has some backup now. She clearly struggled against Mary's side.

Maaaan, I want a second season so bad.
I want to see that lolicon try to lewd Tanya again. I bet he'll get his brains blown out lmao.
 
May 16, 7:27 PM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
anikevin said:
The movie was so freaking good.
Tanya got outplayed again at the end lol, however all those joint forces they gave her look really intimidating. At least she has some backup now. She clearly struggled against Mary's side.

Maaaan, I want a second season so bad.
I want to see that lolicon try to lewd Tanya again. I bet he'll get his brain blown out lmao.
I totally agree, I feel like he'll play a significant role in season 2. He'll most likely be the main antagonist or at the very least a close second, maybe a subplot antagonist.
 
May 16, 8:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 61
BLOODMIESTER said:
A minor gripe I had was the fight between Tanya and Mary. Overall it wasn't bad, however there was the flying segment through the town between the two. It looked like it skipped frames or something. Its like a frame dip in a game if I had to compare it to anything. If more frames were added it would've looked clean. Maybe its something that can be fixed in the Blue-Ray. Or maybe that's just how it is. I'm glad Mary wasn't killed though, it seems like she could be a great rival to Tanya.

The sounds though were just so good. Then they add a damn musical part, the end before credits where Tanya was dancing, so much I loved about the movie. I'd say though in the end, it was more of a Special rather than movie quality. At least on the animation side of things. The rest was what you'd expect from the show, and that's good enough since the show already looked good.


Totally agreed, I thought the final fight between Tanya and Mary Sue was the weakest part of the movie. It reminded me of the Dragon Ball Super Broly movie, where the fight action is moving so impossibly fast it's hard to even tell what's going on. I think that's the nature of these fast action scenes with the standard animation framerates we get, I think it's less that the frames aren't keeping up, and more that there's just ... not enough frames to show the extreme speed / action / cuts they're showing. They kinda cheat a little with extreme closeups so the animation cels hide the CG backgrounds a bit, but yeah, I noticed it too. I would have rather they slowed the action down and make it clear to understand. The rest of the movie was animated superbly, though, and the sound design was great.

The end of the fight though was the one thing that brought me out of the experience. I just don't buy it that Mary Sue would survive that many shots, especially with one through the chest. This series has had a problem with a lack of stakes - they talk about casualties but we almost never see anyone get killed, especially not on "our" side. The level of plot armor they evidently gave Mary Sue is just absurd. If they were oing to let her survive, don't put her in an unsurvivable situation. When Tanya used her spell from directly above leaving nothing but smoke, that should have been that. Tanya, thinking she's won, leaves. The join force commander comes and finds a barely-alive Mary Sue, they make off to fight another day. Or, Tanya stabs her in the back, and then with exhausted shaky aim, shoots her a few times through the arm or other non vital injuries, and she collapses and is rescued. But for Tanya to light her up with an entire magazine of killshots and then have her be totally fine just ... strains belief too much for me. Like people in the theater were audibly like "lol what how is she still alive". Or they could have at least shown that Being X intervened to save her from death in order to remain an antagonist to Tanya. I don't know, something. Oh well.

All in all, I really enjoyed the film though. Definitely glad I got to see it in the theater. Looking forward to more from this series, and seeing how the Empire inevitably falls.
Modified by owarida6, May 16, 8:18 PM
 
May 16, 8:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
The animation and sound direction was top notch, although the big fight with Mary was a bit hard to follow. I loved how at the end of the whole confrontation, the both of them ended up fighting without magic. Mary with her animalistic punches, and Tanya with her more refined shots. That moment felt raw.

Having a literal Mary Sue as the embodiment of God is the perfect antagonist, but surviving after receiving that many shots, even with absurd plot armor, is just ridiculous.

Kinda glad being X's only real appearance was more like a cameo.

Overall, this movie was great. Can't wait to see how Tanya deals with her growing unit in another season.

There wasn't anything after the scrolling credits, was there?
Modified by chikuchi, May 16, 8:26 PM
 
May 16, 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 61
chikuchi said:

There wasn't anything after the scrolling credits, was there?


The intro mentioned there was a behind-the-scenes featurette after the credits, but if there was more of the "movie" after the credits I don't know - had to bail during the credits because of work calling.
 
May 16, 8:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
llamathrust109 said:

The intro mentioned there was a behind-the-scenes featurette after the credits, but if there was more of the "movie" after the credits I don't know - had to bail during the credits because of work calling.


I totally missed the first few minutes b/c of snacks, might have to look up the behind the scenes at least.
I'm pretty sure anime movies don't have "more movie" after the scrolling credits though.
 
May 16, 9:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 256
They make it so bad compare to the novel...
 
May 16, 9:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 61
chikuchi said:


I totally missed the first few minutes b/c of snacks, might have to look up the behind the scenes at least.
I'm pretty sure anime movies don't have "more movie" after the scrolling credits though.


The opening minutes saw Tanya and her crew flying through the desert to cut off the enemy force, only to discover their intel was bad and the enemies had NOT split their force, but consolidated it. Rather than backtrack to assist their outnumbered allies, they instead mounted an assault on the undefended enemy HQ, utterly destroying it, and thwarting the enemy advance. They return home to the Empire expecting some time off, but her bragging about how fit her soldiers are results in them being IMMEDIATELY shipped off to not-Russia to run a reconnaissance mission. We meet the unified volunteer force, the only important characters of which are Mary Sue and the squad leader. It's clear they're not happy to be in not-Russia due to their uneasy alliance. On the recon mission, they are reminded not to open fire unless fired upon. They find a railway artillery cannon, and when it angles up and fires, it kicks off the war that carries the rest of the movie.

Hope that helped.
 
May 16, 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3848
This was really great as a movie, but the sacrifices made to make it a movie did hurt the overall product. You see this in how the movie has much less detail concerning the setting and the world than the anime did, but there also wasn't the time to include it. The creators really bit off more than they could chew, but covered for it by providing excellent action scenes and ensuring that what the movie did focus on was done well.

I'm actually really glad I read the novels beforehand, because I'm confident I wouldn't have understood as much as I did. My main concern actually involves what happens to the story now. Any future anime will need to establish characters and plot points that should have been established in this movie but weren't. This will require some creative work to do it properly. However, the fact the original author appears to be the main decider for adapting the story to the anime makes me feel more comfortable. The things that were cut were things that could be cut, and they are also things that could be easily added back.
 
May 16, 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 150
llamathrust109 said:
chikuchi said:

There wasn't anything after the scrolling credits, was there?


The intro mentioned there was a behind-the-scenes featurette after the credits, but if there was more of the "movie" after the credits I don't know - had to bail during the credits because of work calling.


The segment after the credits was just the director/producer/script guys talking about working on the movie. It was interesting but nothing particularly important
 
May 16, 10:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 20
This movie was amazing. I loved the new art used in the ending song. Mary vs. Tanya was fun to watch, loved the anthem scene, and Tanya's dance at the end was great. Here's hoping for a s2.
 
May 17, 10:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 256
llamathrust109 said:
chikuchi said:


I totally missed the first few minutes b/c of snacks, might have to look up the behind the scenes at least.
I'm pretty sure anime movies don't have "more movie" after the scrolling credits though.


The opening minutes saw Tanya and her crew flying through the desert to cut off the enemy force, only to discover their intel was bad and the enemies had NOT split their force, but consolidated it. Rather than backtrack to assist their outnumbered allies, they instead mounted an assault on the undefended enemy HQ, utterly destroying it, and thwarting the enemy advance. They return home to the Empire expecting some time off, but her bragging about how fit her soldiers are results in them being IMMEDIATELY shipped off to not-Russia to run a reconnaissance mission. We meet the unified volunteer force, the only important characters of which are Mary Sue and the squad leader. It's clear they're not happy to be in not-Russia due to their uneasy alliance. On the recon mission, they are reminded not to open fire unless fired upon. They find a railway artillery cannon, and when it angles up and fires, it kicks off the war that carries the rest of the movie.

Hope that helped.

They skipped the whole volume in the first few minutes, skipped the famous general who'll be back to fight with Russia, ruined the Commies animation, spend a lot of time on Mary Sue who will become irrelevant very quickly,left out frames during the fight, overexagerrated Sizes power (well, fine, for movie's purpose).
 
May 17, 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 67
Well just saw this yesterday in theaters at a fathom event and wow it was hot me personally I loved it hopefully with this they will get started with season 2.
Modified by Toshihiro_Chris, May 17, 6:06 PM
 
May 17, 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 578
Saw it in theaters and while I did enjoy it, I'm not sure it quite rose to the level of a movie. That is to say this could've just been a few solid episodes because the battles and plot never seemed outshine what I saw in the series.

Still plenty of laughs, exciting action, and intriguing strategy so I was a satisfied customer happy to support its theatrical release. That it wasn't just a rehash of a season 1 is more than I hoped for when I first heard about this movie anyway. But it's "only" a 7/10 from me.
 
May 19, 10:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 64
Loved the movie, particularly Tanya and Mary's duel in the city was great. Leads me to ask the question: the way that some of the sequences were put together, did this film get a 4D release in Japan?
 
May 27, 3:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1799
There was a special screening of this movie in the U.K for the first time at the MCM London Comic Con, but with the admission being free, all of the 100 (very comfy) seats available in the special cinema truck inside the venue were taken very quickly.

My thoughts on the movie? Well, I had a really fun time, that's for sure. Me and the entire audience kept laughing and chuckling whenever Tanya ranted about the "Commies" constantly, but on an animation stand-point, it was a very noticeable leap from the T.V series before. The characters were on-model almost everytime, the CGI used was pretty good and the soundtrack and overall sound audio was great.

On of the funniest moments was when Tanya made a recording of their attack on Moscow and then sung the empire's national anthem. For a action-heavy movie, the comedy moments were brilliant. =)

Tanya's fight with Mary Sue was very good and also brutal, although the ending to it was a little bit cliched and a tad anti-climatic. Just seeing all of the bullets and crazy laser beams flying all over the place in the battle of Tiegenhoff was thrilling from start to finish.

I hope that there's a second season someday in the future. 9/10. =3
 
Aug 23, 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 286
Best movie I've seen in a while.
10/10
 
Aug 24, 11:28 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1382
Meta_Yoshi said:
There was a special screening of this movie in the U.K for the first time at the MCM London Comic Con, but with the admission being free, all of the 100 (very comfy) seats available in the special cinema truck inside the venue were taken very quickly.

My thoughts on the movie? Well, I had a really fun time, that's for sure. Me and the entire audience kept laughing and chuckling whenever Tanya ranted about the "Commies" constantly, but on an animation stand-point, it was a very noticeable leap from the T.V series before. The characters were on-model almost everytime, the CGI used was pretty good and the soundtrack and overall sound audio was great.

On of the funniest moments was when Tanya made a recording of their attack on Moscow and then sung the empire's national anthem. For a action-heavy movie, the comedy moments were brilliant. =)

Tanya's fight with Mary Sue was very good and also brutal, although the ending to it was a little bit cliched and a tad anti-climatic. Just seeing all of the bullets and crazy laser beams flying all over the place in the battle of Tiegenhoff was thrilling from start to finish.

I hope that there's a second season someday in the future. 9/10. =3
surprise they didn't ban that in the uk. SJW's already get upset here in the USA about it.
 
Sep 1, 4:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 17
Can any one tell me why MAL says the movie has the duration of 1 hour 55 mins when the raw has only 1 hour and 40 mins ?
 
Sep 2, 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 606
MarkBC said:
Can any one tell me why MAL says the movie has the duration of 1 hour 55 mins when the raw has only 1 hour and 40 mins ?


I was wondering about this too, is this a MAL mistake or is raw missing footage... Anyone have the answer?
Senseless slaughter > Moe
Romance anime are cancer
Hail Satan
 
Sep 2, 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 50
man that was great
right in the feels when the guy handed the dead guy a cigarette

plot armor kinda thicc for mary tho since she survived all that lmao
the anime's eclipsing the manga by so much lul

s2 ples
Modified by -Lyka-, Sep 3, 2:10 AM
 
Sep 2, 11:58 AM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
-Lyka- said:
man that was great
right in the feels when the guy handed the dead guy a cigarette

plot armor kinda thicc for mary tho since she survived all that lmao

s2 ples
I agree with the Mary plot armor. She survived way too much for a farm girl. A season 2 is needed right now. You know when the first season came out I wasn't too keen on it but after sitting in the movie theater watching the film I saw season one in a new light and it grew on me.
 
Sep 2, 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 237
ITS FINALLY HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Im soo happy I got to experience this sequel. Seeing Tanya back was such a treat with her being more joking and upbeat towards the beginning.

Mary is above and beyond her father in both power and absolute craziness. I love it. I'm glad she wasn't killed off like I expected and can still act as a rival to Tanya. The Tanya Vs Mary fight was epic. Tanya losing her gear and just getting brutally hit was interesting to see.

But...................how did Mary survive all that ??!?!?! She was beaten, BEAMED out of the sky, shot about 6 times including in the mid chest, and stabbed in the back with a knife. I know her father took some bullets and stuff with that god power but DAAAAM she's god 2.0. Does this mean Tanya can take this much damage? (Doubt it since god doesn't particularly like her) It was interesting that Entity X didn't make an appearance. Good choice in my opinion.

The action was doubled from the series and I love it. Its really interesting they chose to flip a lot of the details of the actual events. So instead of Germany/Empire being the one to attack with three forces it was Russia. And instead of Russia defending a city it was the Germans (Siege of Leningrad). As a past history student these little details were nice to catch and compare.

Tanya's reaction to her getting a fighting forces was priceless LMAO. That track that they play when it happens always makes me grin from ear to ear as it did in Episode 1 and 12.

Tanya now getting her own full force of Panzers, troops and mages is gonna be something interesting. I really hope they give us another sequel.

The beginning chat has shown us that the Empire does in fact lose the war (obviously). I'm just curious what ends up happening to Tanya. I've seen some that suggest that she will die in the end and some that say she will be so "corrupted" by the god power that her personality will change. Either way I don't think Tanya is gonna make it out of this war.


Modified by DarknessReality, Sep 2, 1:10 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Sep 2, 6:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 44
I need a sequel!! S2 pls
 
Sep 3, 1:08 AM
Acid flashback

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8629
This film was a total blast. Want a sequel now. It was so satisfying rooting for the "bad guys" in this film.

I've rarely if ever have laughed out out so much as when Tanya and her squad planted the Empire's flag in the Red Square and started singing their anthem. The faces of Jozef and co.., lol...it was absolutely hilarious. Shame it had to be ruined by Suzak...sorry, my bad, Mary Sioux. Despite her obviously harrowing back story (and her understandable grudge), she manages to come off as an utterly unlikeable, holier than thou fanatic simpleton. Not to mention she's OP as phuck. Yeah so is Tanya, but she's evolved to becoming a great tactician and reliable leader for her company and doesn't just show up like Rambo and overwhelms the opposition.
It really rubbed me the wrong way seeing that homicidal fanatic beating our sweet friend in her face. Luckily for us she managed to beat her. Unfortunately she couldn't finish the job.

One thing I lied is how they continue to use bits of real history and massage them into the story with a twist. Before WW2, the Soviet Union's (Federation) political leadership did a massive purge of the Red Army leadership and officer class that partly explains the lack of organization and tactical/strategic readiness of the Red Army. Original thinkers were removed from leadership positions, arrested and in the worst cases executed. Here in the film the Federation refrains from using magicians at the start due to ideological reasons.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Sep 3, 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 978
AWWWWW CAN"T GET ENOUGH OF TANYA!!!
From a Major to a Colonel, she rose up like there's no tommorow. The fights, the war, the battle plan and that determination is worthy of a battalion. She literally shoved out her personal feelings out the way coz its war and it is never personal.

Can't wait to see Tanya command the Salamander army to glory!! We need season 2!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

 
Sep 4, 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 456
Very good movie! Absolutely loved it!

The way they raided the enemy's capital and then sang their national anthem was just gold! Lol!

The fight with Mary was top notch! She's really powerful as well, because well, she's blessed by God. So blessed that she seemed to have survived all her wounds at the end.

Anyway Tanya got what he/she wanted in the end, a peaceful life in the rear, at a price. If she's clever then the General's were clever as well, seems she was outsmarted lol.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
 
Sep 4, 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2947
Great movie. Loved it.

I agree with the part where they raided the enemy capital and sang their anthem was pure gold. xD They even filmed it. Good use of propaganda.

Tanya and Mary was action packed and I just loved it. Tanya realised it was Being X that is behind Mary's power.

Loved Tanya dancing scene in the church, that was great after being put in the rear but her reaction after being put back on the front was priceless.

Hope we get a season 2 for this. 8/10.

 
Sep 4, 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 79
I liked what we got, pretty satisfying. Felt like an extended episode of the original.

I wonder if we're getting a new season...
 
Sep 4, 12:53 PM
Diclonius
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 127
Cr4zko said:
I liked what we got, pretty satisfying. Felt like an extended episode of the original.

I wonder if we're getting a new season...
I agree, felt leaving the theater that we watched an extended episode. I'm glad we got it though because it was amazing!
 
Sep 5, 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 52
Great movie, after waiting to watch it for almost year and half I must say was a gret experience, a bit disappointed in some parts like the desert mission or the rail cannon raid (I was expecting something more extended, more intense and thrilling) but yeah, in general very satisfied. That Tanya vs. Mary was a great fight but I didn't think she would be able to survive, great for me, more Mary vs Tanya in the future

Eager for a second season!

Also, that Remembrance credits theme is growing on me more and more.
 
Sep 5, 1:41 PM
Hug Addict <3

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 28879
Well that was a joyride. Perfectly embraced everything that made Youjo Senki so fun to watch in the first place

I wasn't really sure who was supposed to be the good guy between Tanya and Mary lol, there's no real black and white in this story, but that's of course one of its biggest strengths

Can only hope for a second season though after unsurprisingly dropping us off on another cliffhanger ending

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Sep 5, 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2060
Good movie, the wait was worth it. Now season 2 cant come soon enough.

My only complains would be the lack of new OST and the animation wasnt anything outstanding for a movie either. Basically this could have also just been episode 13-17. Even the plot is just so unfinished it could be mid season.

The end fight with Mary Sue (how have I not noticed this when the series aired lmao great name author-sensei) was pretty good though.

Seems like she is indeed Mary Sue like overpowered, not just gaining the expected amount of magic but also not getting her ass handed to her by Tanya who is way more experienced in actual combat. We were shown how bad she is at flying and shooting before the power up kicked in.

Honestly I expected Mary to lose and come back stronger next time, I was actually surprised when she beat Tanya. It was pretty brutal as well.

In the end Tanya gained more generic troops, which is good since the material is better off in competent hands like hers but it also kinda defeats the purpose of the fast reaction magic squad. You cant do a surprise attack on a capital with tanks and infantery like she likes to do.

When Im already here, I think it was odd Tanya went so far in Moskva. Sure she hates commies and maybe that clouded her judgement, but she should have expected a humiliation like this would only force the federation to attack. Which is the opposite of what she wanted to achieve.

Well anyway 8/10 good movie. Season 2 pls.
Modified by Comander-07, Sep 5, 4:55 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
 
Sep 5, 8:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1539
I just love how tanya and her crew are trolling those communist when they attack their HQ. They are even singing and taking video of said war... hahaha...

Love this movie overall
 
Sep 6, 12:55 PM
Panzer Vor!

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 104
Very fun movie if i have to say.
 
Sep 7, 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 154
Tanya the best of all!! But still visha had all lucks
11/10!!!
PUTTING THE FLAG WAS THE BEST SCENE
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
 
Sep 7, 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 97
This movie was good, i fell sad for Mary :((
 
Sep 7, 11:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 25
Eh, every other country is just as it is, without something distinctive, but for Russian Federation they just had to slap together every possible cliche.
 
Sep 8, 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 20
This only hypes me up for what is to fucking come. An entire fucking army in the hands of Tanya. That I wanna fucking see. Please tell me season 2 is greenlit. Oh being X I pray to you.
 
Sep 8, 2:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 20
002_Cypress said:
Zerity said:
did u not stay for the after credits? at the end they told her that she is doing her research at the front lines. with a joint army thing @Inu_Cypress
I did stay but it sounded to me she would be conducting those operations from the rear. I must've heard wrong or missed something.


I doubt she would've reacted as drastically if she were to be conducting those operations in the rear. Idk, I wanna see Tanya tormented in the front lines more.

Maybe a rematch with this crazy Mary girl. She was shot in the heart but the way it was presented made it seem like she was gonna live? Well, god is literally on her side so she very well could survive.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »