Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 26, 2022 11:00 AM
Sep 2022
Just binged code geass and it's kinda messy and fast paced, I didn't understand many plot points

First, the world of code geass,
According to my understanding, The world is divided among three different superpowers Britannia, Chinese federation & E.U.
Are all the other countries living under these three superpowers?
If so why there is no rebellion in the other countries?

2) Why Britannia declared war upon Japan?
For what reason war break out between Britannia and Japan?
Is it for the sakuradite or to build the thought elevators?
Why Britannia is trying to conquer the world ??
Whats their main goal?

3) Why did charles send C.C to japan?
If his main goal was to use her for his Ragnarok plan then
Why send her to japan to protect lelouch and nunnally ?
If he wish to protect lelouch and nunnally why did he send them to japan as Political Hostages ?

4) UFN - the united federation of nations,
This is the most confusing thing I don't understand.
Why did every country surrender their weapons and army to the UFN? It was made and ran by Black knights.
Does the UFN provide security to all the countries after Lelouch's death?
How can the black knights provide security to all the countries in the world of code geass ? This is so unrealistic.

5) What's the main goal of Suzaku?
I don't understand his character.
Does he seek death as punishment by joing the Britannian military for killing his father
Or does he want to get freedom to Japan by gaining higher position in Britannia ? (personally, i find his character kind of similar to Reiner from AoT)

6) Why lelouch didn't use his geass to become the 99th emperor like he did in ep 21 of R2

7) What lelouch did to become the most hated person in the world ?
Did he kill innocents including Brits, his own people, forced every countries to join the UFN to become the most hated person in the world?
What are all the atrocities he did in the two months of his tyranny?

8) Does world know Lelouch was Zero after he was betrayed by the black knights ?
Why didnt schneizel publicly announce his identity on TV?

9) why schneizel didn't wear glasses to protect himself from geass during the final battle ?

10) Why lelouch didn't become a good emperor?he could've become a good emperor to protect nunnally instead of doing zero requiems but why ?

Final question
Is Lelouch dead or alive? If he is alive what's the point of zero requiem ?
Is Lelouch of the resurrection movie a sequal to code geass?

Averageenjoyer12Nov 29, 2022 12:24 AM
Nov 26, 2022 11:32 AM
Feb 2019
(before you read all this, this reply is full of spoilers)

bro I'm assuming you watched code geass with your eyes closed, because how can you possibly find it confusing.

the EU, Chinese Federation and Britanna are not "super powers" they're all nations idk what you mean by super powers.

Suzakus goal was to climb the ranks of Britannia as a soilder and change Britannia into a nation where elevens are respected.
yes he did want to die but only because of the grief and trauma he suffered after killing his own father.

lelouch was hated because he used the power of Geass to manipulate people, obviously people were against that after finding out that was his power.
For example the Black Knights loved and admired Zero, however after finding out that he had the power of Geass it was difficult to trust him therefore the black Knights betrayed him and so did everyone else after he became the Emperor and successor to the throne of Britannia.

The world knew that Zero was Lelouch at some point and Schneizel didn't announce this because the idea of Lelouch/Zero fascinated him, he was very intrigued by Zero and maybe if he did announce that Lelouch was Zero he'd almost be betraying himself ig.

I cba to reply to every other question but no Lelouch isn't alive, he was killed in the last episode of season 2 by Suzaku.
It was Lelouch himself that proposed the idea for Suzaku to kill him.
Lelouch became a symbol of hatred, after he became the Emperor of Britannia he was a dictator, which meant no one could oppose him, anyone who did would get punished, obviously people would naturally be against that and so therefore despised him and hated him.
he told Suzaku to dress up as Zero and then kill Lelouch himself and what that portrayed was;Suzaku killed hatred itself.
this meant that the cycle of hatred would end, and a new nation of Britannia would arise.

I feel like you rushed Code Geass and didn't really take time to notice what was going on because I think it was a pretty easy anime to interpret/understand.
I may have made some mistakes but that's because it's been a while since I watched it.
anyways I hope this helps a bit
Nov 26, 2022 11:49 AM
Sep 2022
__booth_ said:
bro I'm assuming you watched code geass with your eyes closed, because how can you possibly find it confusing.

S2 is very messy and fast paced i cant keep up with it.
Many characters in s2 didn't serve much purpose to the plot, imo.

__booth_ said:
The world knew that Zero was Lelouch at some point and Schneizel didn't announce this because the idea of Lelouch/Zero fascinated him, he was very intrigued by Zero and maybe if he did announce that Lelouch was Zero he'd almost be betraying himself ig.

Bro, if the world knew lelouch was zero why would they believe suzaku who disguised himself as zero ??
Don't the public also know about zero requiem plan?

__booth_ said:
the EU, Chinese Federation and Britanna are not "super powers" they're all nations idk what you mean by super powers.

https://codegeass.fandom.com/wiki/World_of_Code_Geass
Thats what they mentioned on wiki

In ep 5 Charles talks about only E.U and chinese federation.

I don't think they explained much about this in the anime

__booth_ said:
Suzakus goal was to climb the ranks of Britannia as a soilder and change Britannia into a nation where elevens are respected.
yes he did want to die but only because of the grief and trauma he suffered after killing his own father

I don't think he did anything to make Britannia respect elevens after becoming a knight.
Even after climbing to higher ranks he did nothing for the japanese.
Averageenjoyer12Nov 26, 2022 12:09 PM
Nov 26, 2022 11:56 AM
Feb 2019
Exeze said:
__booth_ said:

Super power is basically a term used to describe nations with strong economic/military strength which is essentially the most influential nations in the world. For example, the USA, Russia, China, the uk and others are considered super powers in the real world. The ones you mentioned are super powers in the world code geass takes place in

ok thanks for telling me
Nov 26, 2022 12:07 PM
Feb 2019
Averageenjoyer12 said:
__booth_ said:

S2 is very messy and fast paced i cant keep up with it.
Many characters in s2 didn't serve much purpose to thr plot, imo.

__booth_ said:

Bro, if the world knew lelouch was zero why would they believe suzaku who disguised himself as zero ??
Don't the public also know about zero requiem?

__booth_ said:

https://codegeass.fandom.com/wiki/World_of_Code_Geass
Thats what they mentioned on wiki

In ep 5 Charles talks about only E.U and chinese federation.

I don't think they explained much about this in the anime

__booth_ said:
yes he did want to die but only because of the grief and trauma he suffered after killing his own father

I don't think he did anything to make Britannia respect elevens after becoming a knight.
Even after climbing ranks he did nothing for the japanese.

the public probably didn't question that zero killed Lelouch because zero isn't necessarily a person but a belief and an embodiment of freedom.

an example of this would be when lelouches dad altered his memory but then zero came back, the public were questioning whether it was the real zero or not, however that didn't stop him from still gaining respect and success.

when zero killed Lelouch I think at that moment they didn't care whether or not it was the real zero but maybe the fact that there was someone who was willing to liberate them from the shackles of a dictatorship.

zero is known to make the impossible happen so they didn't question what was going on, they didn't see zero as the man who was the successor to Britannia and leader of the the Black Knights, in that situation they simply saw Zero as a saviour.

I also realised that I came across as quite rude in the first reply I sent and would like to apologise.
hope this made more sense
Nov 26, 2022 12:19 PM
Feb 2019
Exeze said:
__booth_ said:

ok thanks for telling me
No problem. I can see why you might not have known the term because it's not really used that much nowadays. I mostly know about it from history lessons but it is occasionally used in the news

yh I've never really heard that term but thanks for informing me
Nov 26, 2022 1:14 PM
Sep 2022
__booth_ said:
the public probably didn't question that zero killed Lelouch because zero isn't necessarily a person but a belief and an embodiment of freedom.

an example of this would be when lelouches dad altered his memory but then zero came back, the public were questioning whether it was the real zero or not, however that didn't stop him from still gaining respect and success.

when zero killed Lelouch I think at that moment they didn't care whether or not it was the real zero but maybe the fact that there was someone who was willing to liberate them from the shackles of a dictatorship.

zero is known to make the impossible happen so they didn't question what was going on, they didn't see zero as the man who was the successor to Britannia and leader of the the Black Knights, in that situation they simply saw Zero as a saviour.

I also realised that I came across as quite rude in the first reply I sent and would like to apologise.
hope this made more sense

Somewhat makes sense
Thanks for the explanation.
Nov 26, 2022 2:11 PM
Apr 2021
I’m not reading all that. But maybe watch the show again with ur eyes open and some things will make sense. Jk I don’t fully understand everything either 💀
Nov 26, 2022 7:24 PM

Aug 2020
To answer a few questions that didn't get answered previously,

Suzaku's goal was to rise through the ranks and take Area 11 as his own personal area, since that was a privilege of the Knight of One. He doesn't achieve this, though, because he ends up going along with Lelouch's secret Zero Requiem plan and becomes his Knight of Zero instead.

Lelouch and Nunally were sent to Area 11 by their parents in order to protect them from political assassination, but this is communicated as being hypocritical ince they ended up experiencing the horrors of the Britannian invasion of Japan anyway.

C.C. as far I remember was being secretly held by Prince Clovis, who was planning at the time to use her as a way to earn more political clout with the emperor, since she had gone missing when she left the Geass order.

The reason Lelouch was portrayed as being evil as the emperor was because he was seen as a greedy warmonger who used benevolent acts such as abolishing the social hierarchy of Brittannia to cover up for his supposed desire to rule the world as an authoritarian dictator, combined with the his rampant use of Geass to make every person who comes near him his slave. The reason he did this was to direct the hatred of the world towards him, instead of other people, nations and ethnicities, therefore ending the cycle of hatred.

Honestly though, you're right that the pace is incredibly fast. I had to rewatch it a few times myself to actually understand most of it. I think Code Geass would have been way better as a visual novel or even just a book series, but I still think it's one of the greatest TV anime series of all time. Hope this answered some of your questions.
paternoaka44403Nov 26, 2022 7:44 PM
Nov 27, 2022 5:19 AM
Feb 2022
Are you sure you watched CG cuz Charles didn't care about Lelouch or Nunally. In the first ep, Lelouch helped CC escape from being captive. When did they ever say Charles sent her to protect them. CC and lelouch met by chance.

And there was rebellion in he Chinese federation too. Was there any motive to why Russia tried to conquer the whole world irl. Brittania conquering Japan was for power and resources and just cuz they could. Brittania conquered any Nations. why do you think they called the Japanese 11. Cuz they were the 11th nation they conquered
Nov 27, 2022 3:54 PM
Feb 2021
Plot holes, my dude. Plot holes and a fandom of Lelouch-obsessed apologists--or whatever you call someone who does everything he can to glaze over obvious plot and character issues.

Also, look up Monica Krushevsky, Nonette Enneagram, and Dorothea Ernst. They're basically mascots for those of us who wished the show could have lived up to its potential.
VaguelyweebishNov 27, 2022 9:42 PM
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Nov 27, 2022 9:45 PM
Sep 2022
Vaguelyweebish said:
incarnation of Zero by this point, since Zero would be linked to war crimes against the Britannian citizenry.

What war crimes ??
Nov 28, 2022 11:34 AM
Feb 2021
Averageenjoyer12 said:
Vaguelyweebish said:
incarnation of Zero by this point, since Zero would be linked to war crimes against the Britannian citizenry.

What war crimes ??
The landslide tactic, later collapsing a huge portion of the Tokyo Colony after giving only a very brief warning (premeditated, I must add), the massacre of the Geass Order, and since Zero was shown to be Lelouch, who nuked every major city after he became emperor, there's that too. I'm amazed how quickly people forget all of the things he did. Yeah, I deleted that old post because it was too on-the-nose.
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Nov 29, 2022 12:17 AM
Sep 2022
Vaguelyweebish said:
since Zero was shown to be Lelouch, who nuked every major city after he became emperor, there's that too. I'm amazed how quickly people forget all of the things he did.

I Dont think the public knows lelouch was zero.
They only said something like this to the public
"He is the CEO of the Black Knights" after Capturing the UFN and Black Knights.
Only the Black Knight'a Inner Circle and Schneizel know about Lelouch and Zero being the same individual.

Zero could be anyone in the public eyes.

Vaguelyweebish said:
The landslide tactic,

Civilians were not involved when he used that tactic.
Averageenjoyer12Nov 29, 2022 12:22 AM
Nov 30, 2022 8:25 AM
Feb 2021
Averageenjoyer12 said:
Vaguelyweebish said:
since Zero was shown to be Lelouch, who nuked every major city after he became emperor, there's that too. I'm amazed how quickly people forget all of the things he did.

I Dont think the public knows lelouch was zero.
They only said something like this to the public
"He is the CEO of the Black Knights" after Capturing the UFN and Black Knights.
Only the Black Knight'a Inner Circle and Schneizel know about Lelouch and Zero being the same individual.

Zero could be anyone in the public eyes.

Vaguelyweebish said:
The landslide tactic,

Civilians were not involved when he used that tactic.
Why WOULDN'T the public know he's Zero by now? Even if Schneizel didn't do the most logical thing by sharing the information that the government has known for a long time now (seriously, of course Lelouch was still Zero all that time! Why did they lure C.C, in????) it wouldn't take a genius to figure out, "These women whom Zero was extremely close to are hanging around Emperor Lelouch, and C.C. even fought by his side when he took over the world. I'm not going to trust this faux symbol of hope or the Black Knights!"

Dec 3, 2022 4:52 AM

Dec 2022
Vaguelyweebish said:

Why WOULDN'T the public know he's Zero by now? Even if Schneizel didn't do the most logical thing by sharing the information that the government has known for a long time now (seriously, of course Lelouch was still Zero all that time! Why did they lure C.C, in????) it wouldn't take a genius to figure out, "These women whom Zero was extremely close to are hanging around Emperor Lelouch, and C.C. even fought by his side when he took over the world. I'm not going to trust this faux symbol of hope or the Black Knights!"

CC never appeared with zero or Emperor lelouch in public so there’s no way the general public would be able to make the connection that way. If you notice CC is shown off to the side in the shadows when lelouch takes over as emperor. Furthermore most of the black knights would have only seen CC with zero, not lelouch and vice versa the britanian soldiers lelouch used his geass on would have only seen CC with emperor lelouch, not zero. The only people who would have seen CC with both zero and Lelouch are those who already knew they were the same person anyway, and those people are clearly shown realising that it was all lelouch’s plan when the zero requiem occurs.

Also,
Its was mentioned in lelouch of the resurrection that there were rumors of lelouch and suzaku being alive among the public after zero Requiem.
Well, Thats completely a different topic.
ArmonggDec 3, 2022 4:56 AM
Jan 24, 2023 2:54 AM

Nov 2022
1 - there are some independent countries, but most are under these three.

I think EU is voluntary union just like IRL EU.

HBE on the other hand conquered and subjugated their colonies by force. These people lost to the conquerors and left with no strength to resist further. Sometimes rebellions happen in various colonies, but they are suppressed by force. (See Russia, Belarus, Syria and Libya as example) Really strong rebellions only possible if someone like Zero will appear, someone they can believe can win against HBE.

Chinese Federation I think works on some Asian logic of respect to bigness of China or something like that.

2 - To take sakuradite, Japan has a lot of it. May be for thought elevators as well, but everything related to geass is top secret there.

3 - Charles did not sent CC to Japan, she ran away because she changed her mind about his plan. She than changed her mind again and then again. Woman thing to do.

Charles did not wish to protect them, he lied to Lelouch over in C world. He sent them to Japan to lull Japan into thinking he is not planning to invade them: because I will not start a war and endanger my children logic. Japan bought it and was unprepared for the invasion.

Alternatively yo might say he wanted to protect them from VV who killed Marianne. However Marianne joked to CC that she is not that good of a mother. So I take Charles lied about protecting them.

4 - After China collapsed, leftover states were afraid that HBE will simply invade them, conquer them and turn them into their colonies. HBE actually started doing just that.

Lelouch and Black Knights were the only reasonable organized force they could rely on to protect themselves. Therefore it was more or less up to Lelouch to make any terms he wished from their on.

After Lelouch defeated Schneilzel, he made HBE join the UFN as well. Then he bullied other countries to join as well, turning UFN into a world government and unifying the world under his rule by force. Shortly before Suzaku as Zero kills him, they announce his titles as Holy Britannian Emperor, Chairman of UFN as well as CEO of Black Knights. Now that all countries are absorbed into UFN and their militaries are dissolved and absorbed into Black Knights, it would be next to impossible for anyone to rebel or secede.

5 - Sentinel logic: I explained it here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2062645#msg68458284

6 - Did not thought of it straightaway. Had emotional distaste for everything Britannian, so did not want to achieve his goals this way. Security in Britannia is tight, so it risky to just go there with Geass alone, if something goes wrong then you are in big trouble. Once you are in there is no way out, no fail save like with Zero, who wears mask and can abandon it and pretend nothing happen.

Also Emperor and some of his inner circle do know about Geass, that only increases chances that he will be caught and stopped somewhere in the middle of it all.

At the end of second season Suzaku as Knight of 7 used his security clearance to let Lelouch thorough all sorts of security checks unchecked.

7 - He forced all countries to join UFN and abolish their independent militaries so that they will never be able to be independent again. Kill everyone who disagreed with him or opposed this in any way. UFN became world government but everyone hated how it was done a gunpoint by force.

8 - No, most of the world would think that new and old Zero are one and the same. Suzaku is also officially dead, so he will not be able to abandon mask of Zero, everyone was told Suzaku, Knight of Zero died in battle with Schneizel.

Schneizel did not announced it because it would damage Britannia. If would embarrass Britannia and make it look weak if one of Emperor's children not only started a rebellion but gave all them so much trouble. Other countries might want to exploit this family feud and try play other members of royal family.

9 - Dd not thought that Lelouch would land on Damocles. He did not know that Lelouch need direct eye contact for his Geass to work. He is smart but can't read minds like Mao.

10 - Because by that point everyone hated him and Zuzaku so much, there would be constant uprisings and discontent if both of them alive. So change of head to a pitiful cute crippled girl would allow new government to restore its image. It is just like with new president in democracy, people are willing to give him fresh look and new judgement even if they condemn his predecessor. Nunnally will of course announce that things will be different, better and nicer from their on.

Do not forget while both Lelouch and Suzaku are officially dead as far as world concerned. Both of them are actually alive.

And Lelouch has Code of Immortality, he will always watch over the world he created from the shadows, like god.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1904 by felipecardel »»
May 30, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

576 by bubba460z »»
May 28, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PimpToad - Apr 6, 2008

404 by bubba460z »»
May 26, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

370 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

306 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.