Bokura ga Ita, Ao Haru Ride Recommendations
Both are good cliche shoujo romantic drama stories. The simplistic and sincere art and storytelling distinguish them from others in way that the emotions slowly but deeply seeps into the heart.
The story is the same in the sense that both characters are in mutual love, but circumstances of the guy pull them apart. Specifically, the death of someone that makes the guy 1.) broken - blaming their self, unable to trust and love again 2.) sympathetic of others (girl-potential hindrance) who share the same experience, feeling responsibility, unable to leave them.
And all this while, the girl is left confused and hurting - so another
(may contain some spoilers)
- Similar character personalities: main guy character is social and smart. main girl character is bubbly and kind of unladylike. the main girls both have 2 best friends
- Similar situations: main guy has history with another girl and feels responsibility towards her
- Both main guys have sad backgrounds: in Ao Haru, Kou's parents are divorced and his mother died. in Bokura, his girlfriend cheated on him(?) and his mother died.
- Both girls have a "fall back guy": in Ao Haru, it's Kikuchi, in Bokura, it's Takeuchi.
- Similar drawing style
- Lots of similar occurrences in the plot: school trip, the guy disappears
the reason of my recommended this cause this manga deal with
the real life issues the same goes for Ao haru ride manga
A teenage boy faced the real life hardship in his youth
felt there is no one in this life can save him while there was a girl
who was like a light in his life without this light he could just be
a desperate lonely soul sinking in the hollow.
Lovely shoujo mangas! You can really feel like the characters are going through same kind of experience with first love or just love in general. Both mangas give you really happy, warm and fuzzy feeling while reading them. You grow attacted to the characters and watch them grow. They are not similar just in the plot, but some characters seem similar, too.