Gugure! Kokkuri-san, Himouto! Umaru-chan Recommendations
The first thing I noticed was that Himuouti! Umaru-chan and Gugure! Kokkuri san is that have a similar title, but that's obviously not the reason I recommend watching them
- They're both light hearted comedies, so don't expect any serious drama or depressing scenes in either of them
- The female protagonists have a chibi like form
- The male protagonists are responsible for taking care of the female protagonist
- The female protagonists are a bit extraordinary when it comes to their ways of living
- Both main characters are girls with odd interests.
- Both main characters are usually present in a ridiculous chibi form while other characters appear normal.
- Oddly, no one really brings attention to the fact that they are chibi either.
- Both series are 24 min. episodes with about 12-13 epsodes each.
- Both are slice of life comedies.
- Main chibi of Himouto is loud & goofy, while main chibi of Kokkuri-san is deadpan.
If you enjoy seeing cute chibi characters in normal situations with normal people then you should enjoy both~
They are rather similar in more ways than one.
First of all, Umaru and Kohina are very much alike in that they are chibi in the majority of their shows. Umaru shrinks into her chibi version when she gets home and basically wants to laze around all day and watch anime. Kohina is chibi when she is showing indifference and no emotions whatsoever (like a "doll"). They both love food. (Umaru loves snacks, Kohina has a obsession for cup noodles)
Another aspect is Umaru's brother and Kokkuri-San. They both care for their little sister/?haunting victim?, and often do things for them. Buying food, cleaning, daily household