Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2009 10:24 AM
Aug 2008
One of the things I noticed very recently was that, unless I'm missing something, you don't learn the names of some of these characters for far longer than you might expect. (Or maybe it's just an expectation of mine.)

Take Yomi. Her first appearance is 14 strips in ("Run, Tomo, Run!"). Months go by, with many appearances of this glasses-wearing girl. Finally, first strip in March ("Read Between The Lines"), she's finally addressed by name. I'm reading the omnibus, so I could get to that point from the beginning in a fairly short amount of time. But imagine reading it... however it was published in Dengeki Daioh. (Now I don't know if this was the case in the original Japanese or not, or if scanslations give her name earlier. That's for somebody else to say.)

It took me a while to notice because I had already watched the anime, and if you know the anime, it introduces most of the characters right before Yukari introduces herself to the (right) class, using those black ovals with the hiragana and kanji on them.
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Chapter 12 Discussion

Nyperold - Jun 7, 2009

3 by pijamaoao »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:37 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Chapter 20 Discussion

Nyperold - Jun 7, 2009

2 by Stripes »»
Jun 11, 2023 5:58 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Chapter 19 Discussion

Nyperold - Jun 7, 2009

2 by Stripes »»
Jun 11, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Chapter 18 Discussion

Nyperold - Jun 7, 2009

2 by Stripes »»
Jun 11, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Chapter 17 Discussion

Nyperold - Jun 7, 2009

2 by Stripes »»
Jun 11, 2023 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.