Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2009 12:01 PM

Jul 2007
So RenaPsychoKiller brought up the topic of Member Cards and I think it's a great idea.
I'm pretty good at graphic design stuff, but if someone else has an idea in mind we might be able to make a sort of contest out of this.

People could sign up to enter, come up with a design and let the other club members vote on the designs they like best.
Alternately, I can just try to make them myself.
But either way, once the bases are made up, I might need some assistance with getting names and stuff all on them.
From other club cards I've seen, there's stuff like member number and such, I'm not really sure how that's determined, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Additionally, if you believe you'd be a capable Admin for this club, please volunteer and I can add you. It's just so someone who is frequently active will be able to watch over the club.

Thanks for your time, everyone!
I look forward to seeing your thoughts on this matter.
BigBagODicksMay 26, 2009 3:24 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 26, 2009 12:58 PM

Sep 2008
It's a great idea and I definitely want one. :D
May 26, 2009 1:34 PM

Jun 2008
Hahaha, I sure did. Thanks for taking my idea seriously, Kohikki.
I agree about having a contest to choose the best card. And when the winner is chosen, what about making at least 3 different card choices, with different pics (like most clubs do)?

I'm not good at graphics so I can't really help you with the member cards, but I'd love to be admin here. I like to keep the clubs updated, adding characters, etc, and I could help you when you need some pics for the tournaments, for example.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
May 26, 2009 1:40 PM

Jul 2007
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I agree about having a contest to choose the best card. And when the winner is chosen, what about making at least 3 different card choices, with different pics (like most clubs do)?

I'm not good at graphics so I can't really help you with the member cards, but I'd love to be admin here. I like to keep the clubs updated, adding characters, etc, and I could help you when you need some pics for the tournaments, for example.

Oh! That's a good idea with the numerous options.
May 26, 2009 2:54 PM

Apr 2007
I like the idea too ^^

Dunno what to do yet lol but if you want, I can help you coming up with some design,
or if you go with that contest thingy, sign me up :p

When you'll decide what to do, contest if it got enough participant, or whatever, just ship me the details (like card format, how many design we can summit etc)

May 26, 2009 3:12 PM

May 2008
I want one too! :D

Music is from the soul~ ♥
May 26, 2009 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:

I second the idea of the three card choices (would love to have one) and I totally support Rena being an admin here, she's a great worker for updates and such! =D
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
May 26, 2009 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
I would like one.
It should be great to have a member card so that I can admire people with it XD
( Just joking =p )
Anyway, I agree to have member cards =D
May 26, 2009 9:50 PM

Aug 2007
what im about to say will rock your world!

I LIKE THE CUPHOLDER! erm i mean contest idea.

sorry couldnt resist the King of the hill reference >___>
May 26, 2009 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
If only i wouldn't have an exam and be on hiatus the next month, i would really glad to enter your contest TT_TT Whatever, i really love member cards, if you have a contest, good luck to all.
May 27, 2009 7:55 PM

Jul 2007
Loxaris said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

I second the idea of the three card choices (would love to have one) and I totally support Rena being an admin here, she's a great worker for updates and such! =D

I third the idea! :3
And Rena is awesome, yup.
And eto..I could try some design if my life won't mess up tomorrow. xD
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
May 28, 2009 12:13 AM

Jul 2007
I think the club members could help giving ideas, since it's pretty tiring to have to come up with 3 different designs. But having a contest is also a nice idea.
Oh, the numbers that they put in each member card are from the posting order. Usually they grab the first numbers to their admins, mods and such. For example, if the club staff is composed of 5 people, the card numbers of the members would start at 6. The first person to post is 6, then the next is 7, and so on.
I'm having trouble to explain so if you don't understand I'll try again.

I'm constantly around so if you want someone active to help I would be glad!
SunaoMay 28, 2009 12:27 AM
May 28, 2009 3:22 AM

Jul 2008
Sunao said:
I think the club members could help giving ideas, since it's pretty tiring to have to come up with 3 different designs.

Do you mean we should write down which characters we would like to have on the cards?

By the way, if you guys want some more help in updating the club, adding characters and stuff, I'll be glad to be an admin here too. =3
------------------------
Database Guidelines
May 28, 2009 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
Loxaris said:
By the way, if you guys want some more help in updating the club, adding characters and stuff, I'll be glad to be an admin here too. =3

Sunao said:

I personally don't need help with adding the characters, but the final decision is is all up to Kohikki.

Loxaris said:
Sunao said:
I think the club members could help giving ideas, since it's pretty tiring to have to come up with 3 different designs.

Do you mean we should write down which characters we would like to have on the cards?
I agree desu. I think there are mainly 2 ways to decide the characters:
1- Using a poll with at least 15-20 characters choices (names only, pics will be choosen later), so the members decide. The 3 characters who get the most votes will be used in the member cards. I'm only afraid the most popular ones will win... :-|
2- The admins just pick up several pics of various handsome megane, and make a thread or poll to see which pics the members love the most. I'd prefer this 2nd option, honestly. This way we can choose the characters & the pics for the member cards all at once. Plus, I love hunting pictures desu.
RenaPsychoKillerMay 28, 2009 9:11 AM

May 28, 2009 10:21 AM

Apr 2007
RenaPsychoKiller said:
Loxaris said:

Sunao said:

I personally don't need help with adding the characters, but the final decision is is all up to Kohikki.

Loxaris said:
Sunao said:

I agree desu. I think there are mainly 2 ways to decide the characters:
1- Using a poll with at least 15-20 characters choices (names only, pics will be choosen later), so the members decide. The 3 characters who get the most votes will be used in the member cards. I'm only afraid the most popular ones will win... :-|
2- The admins just pick up several pics of various handsome megane, and make a thread or poll to see which pics the members love the most. I'd prefer this 2nd option, honestly. This way we can choose the characters & the pics for the member cards all at once. Plus, I love hunting pictures desu.

Well, personally, I'd prefer to have a name (say Kyouya) then, for the design, go for pic hunting myself, though I might admit with you that the most popular ones will win if we go with that option.. though what I don't "like" from your second option is that the pic will be already decide, if those pics are hard to work with, or if we don't like the pic, personally I'll find it hard to come up with a good design...

If you still want to go with the contest, maybe you could give the participant free hand on the characters/pics they use then vote for those you prefer.. or go with that second option but to leave the option that we can use other pics if we like

idk, I'm just shouting out ideas, the final way to do this is still up to you admins...

May 28, 2009 1:38 PM

Jun 2008
crystal_yuy said:
What I don't "like" from your second option is that the pic will be already decide, if those pics are hard to work with, or if we don't like the pic, personally I'll find it hard to come up with a good design...
In basically every club the pics for the member cards are already decided, and usually the admins don't even ask the members if they like them; they just choose *insert number here* pics and then the members ask for version A, B, C, etc. So I don't get why you are complaining, I think the options I suggested are not unfair by any means, since we'll use polls.
crystal_yuy said:
Well, personally, I'd prefer to have a name (say Kyouya) then, for the design, go for pic hunting myself.
The problem with "go for pic hunting myself" is that not everyone can make their own card, and I don't think the people who will be making the cards want to see 270 members asking for a different pic. It will result in chaos and the impossibility of making the contest, you know what I mean? I think it's easier to have a certain number of standard cards so the members can choose between them (most clubs do so, after all). At least that's what I think.
crystal_yuy said:
If you still want to go with the contest, maybe you could give the participant free hand on the characters/pics they use then vote for those you prefer.. or go with that second option but to leave the option that we can use other pics if we like.
That's exactly what my ideas were about. :-| In both of them I said there will be polls, how is that considered "not giving the participants free hand"...? Of course they have free hand, they decide trough the poll, lol. If by "giving the members free hand" you mean "leaving all the 270 members choose the 270 pics they want to use", it sounds pretty crazy to me.
RenaPsychoKillerMay 28, 2009 1:44 PM

May 28, 2009 2:12 PM

Apr 2007
@ rena:
lol I think there's a misunderstanding here XD

yeah, I get that the members will have a ABC choice only, but those cards need to be done, and this is what the contest is about, am I right? For those who know how to do graphics to come up with a design, then members will vote for top 3 that'll become those ABC?

I was speaking with the contest in mind, cuse I was planning to participate, if contest there will be.. so only the participants not all the 270 members

My comment on "go for pic hunting myself" is cuse with your second option is as if you say "we, admins, will pick some characters/pictures and you, participants, will have to chose from those chara/pics to come up with a design" and that was why I was complaining actually, cuse if it's a contest we, participants, can at lest chose who & which pics we want to use for the cards we'll create

There was never question about the 270 members of the club ^^;;

May 29, 2009 12:27 PM

Nov 2008
i want a template with watanuki or kyoya ^^
May 29, 2009 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
@ yuy
Yeah, I was talking about the member cards themselves, not the contest. Gomen ne. @_@

@ meganekk0
We haven't decided anything yet, so it's pretty useless to make requests desu.
I'd prefer to hear some more opinions from the members, instead of "I want a card with that character" (we'll have time for that later on). :-P

May 29, 2009 4:06 PM

Jul 2008
I actually agree with crystal_yuy. That's the same problem which came to my mind as soon as I read Sunao's question (that's why I was asking for clarification).
If you're one of those who do graphic you would most likely want to choose your own characters and pictures to work with, so maybe we should just leave it to them. OR we could somehow choose (maybe having the admins decide) a quite large amount of characters (like, I don't know, 20) and tell the card makers that they must choose three among those twenty... (but they can still use the pictures they want, the admins should just tell them the names)

Just some ideas that came to my mind right now, if you come up with something better just go ahead please. =|
------------------------
Database Guidelines
May 30, 2009 10:42 AM

Jul 2007
I think the people who come up with the cards could choose whatever characters they wish for the cards, but should try if they can, to choose either several characters or a character they believe to be popular.

If people making cards are looking for opinions on what a lot of the club members like, there's always this thread to be used for reference.

So far it looks like there'll probably be a contest. ^^ Should be fun.
Jun 6, 2009 10:59 AM

Jul 2008
If this is a contest, here's a possible idea;

The contest image should definitely be admin selected, I'd say give two or three choices. Three or four winners can be selected. Later on to make the member cards, the card makers can provide the bases and if the members don't like any of the choices, they can be free to provide their own image. The card makers can then decide who wants to work with that image.

I'm not sure if that would be too much work but I for one wouldn't mind doing it.
Jun 24, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2007
Okay, so we're going to have a contest.
Each person can make up to, let's say, 3 designs.
And there'll be 4 designs or so that are chosen to be the club cards.
I think that should be a good idea, then there's a bunch for people to choose from.
What do Rena and the other officers think? :)

Also, I tallied up the characters people posted in the favourite character thread to give people an idea of what characters are popular among club members.

List below.

Kyouya is undeniably the most popular. (wow!)
Jun 25, 2009 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
Well, firstly I think I haven't posted in the Favourite Character thread yet. Where's Mikami? D: And Ryuuken Ishida? D: And...

Ok, that aside, if I understood well, Kohikki, you say:
- All the people who applied for the contest make 3 designs each.
This means they choose 3 different characters and make 3 different cards, I suppose? Yes, 3 is a fair number desu.
- After everyone made their templates, 4 of them will be choosen to be the official members cards.
Let's say we'll choose them with a poll, for instance. What happens if, for some members, none of the definitive templates has a character they like?
I think we can choose 6 final templates, instead of 4. This way maybe the possibilities to make everyone satisfied with their own card will be higher. There are tons of megane guys, 4 is not enough, IMO. And for now about 3 people said that they're interested in the contest, after all. Hopefully there'll be more, but still, this makes at least 9 cards to choose from.

Last but not least, we shouldn't allow more than 1 character from the same anime/manga. 1 megane from each series, periodesu. I don't want to see, for instance, 4 cards out of 6 with an Axis Powers Hetalia guy, it wouldn't be fair at all. :-|
I'm not saying that a member can't make a APH card if another member already made one with the same character, of course. It's perfectly fine if 2 APH cards enter the contest (even if they have the same character), as long as they're made by different users; the thing is, only 1 of them can be the definitive one, we'll choose the best one between them.

P.S: I'm using APH for instance because I remember a lot of megane there, don't get me wrong, I haven't watched/read it yet, so I don't neither love it or hate it, I'm as neutral as Switzerland desu. :-P
RenaPsychoKillerJun 25, 2009 6:59 PM

Jun 25, 2009 7:20 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, that's good input, thanks for that.
And people can look at the thread if they want a general idea of what's popular among the club members, I just tallied what was there at the moment for quick reference. XD

So there will be six final designs chosen and they will represent six different series.
That sounds good.
If there's any other rules you think we should have with this contest, let me know.
Otherwise, it'll begin on July 1st and I'll start writing up the rules now. ^^
Jun 25, 2009 8:29 PM

Apr 2007
how will we know how many ppl will chose, example, the guy from APH as templates?
will we have to like say who're the characters well use or something like that?

Jun 25, 2009 9:54 PM

Aug 2007
awwww i wish i was good with graphics so i could enter this contest :( seems fun! oh well if we vote on stuff i can vote!

and i see karman on that list! guess that means i did post in that thread, unless someone other then me likes karman =OOOO naaaaaaah ive looked at howmany favs. the guy has on his char. page me and 1 other guy and thats it XDD (oh well just means i get to have him all to myself yay! ~)

ooh and those rules seem good to me! ~
Jun 26, 2009 7:25 AM

Jul 2008
I'm fine with the rules as they are written now. Rena pointed out some good points, what she said makes a lot of sense to me.

crystal_yuy said:
how will we know how many ppl will chose, example, the guy from APH as templates?
will we have to like say who're the characters well use or something like that?

If I got your question correctly, I would say you don't really care about how many people choose a particular guy. To enter the contest, you just choose three characters from three different series and make your member cards with them. Then a poll will be held (I suppose) and the users will vote for their favourite cards.
Of course then you don't need to say which character you'll be using. =)

Probably, it would have been a good idea to have the people taking part to the contest say which characters they're using if there was the possibility that a lot, if not all of them choose the same guy/guys. But since there are so many megane there is not really such risk, is it? *unsure*
LoxarisJun 26, 2009 7:28 AM
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Jun 26, 2009 9:27 AM

Jul 2007
I haven't posted there yet probably. DX. Mhhmmm. Well, I'm going after hotties only anyway so after the pic more than character ~_~

I am happy for the final count going up to 6. Thanks Rena XD. But would probably depend on quality of entries? We may have so many awesome ones that it could be hard to choose even only 6 @_@ People love to choose from many anyway. Tho it makes it hard for them too yeye~~ Well, I'm okay with 6 as long as at least one is mine >33

Well, I'm gonna wait for contest rules then :3 I really want to take part but not sure if I'll make it. Depends how long would the contesting take? I have lots of stuff to do this weekend and I'm away for week without computer after that T_T

And to the characters. I think I'll be drooling at about hundred of pics to choose from to very last moment so can't really say ~_~ I definitely won't be choosing depending on character (tho I won't choose some nameless one, yea...) but on the pic >w<
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Jun 26, 2009 10:07 AM

Jul 2007
If we get a lot of entries, maybe we will have more than six final designs chosen, it all depends.

And I don't think it's necessary for everyone to announce which characters they're going to use for their cards, but it would be a nice thing for everyone to do.
Just so we can get a general idea of what characters are already being used so we don't wind up with like, half of the entries being one character or something. XD
Jun 26, 2009 1:07 PM

Apr 2007
Kohikki said:
Just so we can get a general idea of what characters are already being used so we don't wind up with like, half of the entries being one character or something. XD

That was the reason why I asked the question XD

Anyways, will be waiting for the rules then.

Jun 26, 2009 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
I'm glad most of you like the rules, thanks guys.

Loxaris said:
Probably, it would have been a good idea to have the people taking part to the contest say which characters they're using if there was the possibility that a lot, if not all of them choose the same guy/guys. But since there are so many megane there is not really such risk, is it? *unsure*
I agree, we probably should do that, in order to avoid all the partecipants to choose the same characters. Yes, there are tons of megane guys, but the ones who'll be used in the templates surely will be the most popular.
Yeah, it would be better if, after knowing the exact number of the partecipants, these people say which 3 characters are they going to use.
I want at least 1 Itoshiki-sensei card, or I'll be in despair desu. T_T

@ Alwerien
You actually posted here before, in the 1st page, but thanks for telling us your opinion again. :-D

So ATM the people who are going to partecipate in the contest are:
- Kohikki
- crystal_yuy
- Alwerien (unsure)
- xxSenri (unsure)

Am I wrong, I wonder?
RenaPsychoKillerJul 1, 2009 3:27 PM

Jun 26, 2009 1:50 PM

Apr 2007
Well actually, if I have my say on this, I'll participate, but it really depend on when the deadline will be... cuse first week of July (if you still plan to begin on July 1st) I'll be busy and the week after that I won't have internet so.... >.<

Jun 26, 2009 10:00 PM

Jul 2007
I'll definitely participate. =)
Jun 27, 2009 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
I'd absolutely love to.
The only problem might be that starting next Tuesday I'll be in China till mid August. Depending on the timing, I probably won't be able to. >_<
Jun 30, 2009 6:00 PM

Jul 2007
Contest rules under the spoiler box.

Let me know if there are any concerns with these.
If not, I'll pretty them up a little bit, highlight some of the more important bits of the message and post a new thread for them tomorrow.

Of course, I'll also add in a credit to RenaPsychoKiller for the original idea of having member cards for the club was well. ;)

@xxSenri, the deadline for submissions is the end of August.
If you can get some done by that time, you should be able to enter. =)
BigBagODicksJun 30, 2009 6:17 PM
Jun 30, 2009 10:21 PM

Apr 2007
if we got til the 30th of August to summit, I don't see much that'll prevent me to participate... put me on the list ^^

some question
- is there any size set for the card format, or can we do as we please?
- if for a design we want to use a series that as more than 1 megane in it, can we use a "group picture" or will have to use 1 character only?
i.e. if I want to do a design with Bleach, can I use a pic with both Ishida & Aizen, or will I have to chose 1 of the 2 only?
crystal_yuyJun 30, 2009 10:30 PM

Jul 1, 2009 12:38 AM

Jul 2007
You can use group shots.
And... as for size... The average seems to be around 300x200 px.
I would limit it at 400x250 px.
Jul 1, 2009 7:39 PM

Jul 2007
If there are no more questions/comments/concerns, I'll make the thread for the contest. :3
Jul 3, 2009 7:09 AM

Jul 2008
If the deadline is the 30th of August, then I'll be alright. I can't wait to get home and start working on this!
Jul 3, 2009 11:58 PM

Apr 2007
I have two questions after reading the rules and figured it would be better to post here~

-Where do we submit out entry? Should it be posted in the other thread or maybe message one of the admins?
-Can we use fan art or does the picture need to be official art? I probably know the answer, but just wanted to be sure :)
Jul 4, 2009 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
1- I guess Kohikki is going to make a thread for that.
2- As long as it's a good pic, I don't think that really matters.

Jun 8, 2010 9:26 PM

Jun 2009
I'd love to help! I just found this club but I love it! <3
Please, send a message to all the members of this club so we can start making cards :3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Glasses Guys you want added ( 1 2 3 4 )

BigBagODicks - Feb 11, 2008

189 by Prince_Utena »»
Feb 24, 2020 11:41 PM

» Romance Manga where the main love interest is a Megane

dsfroggy - Feb 21, 2016

0 by dsfroggy »»
Feb 21, 2016 1:33 AM

» Favourite guy with glasses? ( 1 2 3 )

BigBagODicks - Mar 4, 2008

117 by rosasinensis »»
Oct 1, 2015 10:56 AM

» Get Your Member Cards Here! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BigBagODicks - Sep 23, 2009

589 by AnnoyingTiger88 »»
Sep 13, 2015 8:10 PM

» Member Card Pick-Up Thread

BigBagODicks - Sep 23, 2009

7 by crystal_yuy »»
Oct 4, 2009 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.