Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2009 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
so.... basically, there is no real story here?
i mean... it has several short story arcs right?
Apr 4, 2009 4:04 AM

Aug 2008
For the first 50 or so eps its basically episodic, with the exclusion of ep 1, another ep somewhere in between, and one plot arc. Some of the episodic ones have plot development, but not many.

After that, it movies into a combination of episodic eps, comedy arcs (some introducing new characters), and plot arcs.

Not too many plot arcs atm though, I'd say 4, which would be under 20 episodes total, out of 151 so far.
Apr 4, 2009 4:32 AM

Jul 2008
errr Theres more ares than that.... theres about 10 now as far as im aware, including the amnesia and owee episodes as arcs.
Apr 4, 2009 4:19 PM

Aug 2008
Sugoi-otaku said:
errr Theres more ares than that.... theres about 10 now as far as im aware, including the amnesia and owee episodes as arcs.
Yes, but as I said, most of them are comedy arcs... Not plot developing, like the Umibozu arc (kind of), Benizakura arc, Itou arc and Yoshiwara arc. Basically, I say plot developing ones are ones with Kamui/Yato or Takasugi etc... Not ones that introduce characters.
Mar 31, 2017 7:56 PM
Feb 2017
There are plenty of arcs in GinTama, usually separated by comedic incidents and adventures that the Yorozuya embark on.
Mar 31, 2017 8:12 PM

Oct 2016
There is a single plot that ties everything together and even during a lot of comedy episodes there is buildup at work with character introduction/development, background information, foreshadowing.
Apr 4, 2022 2:25 PM
Dec 2019
Up to episode 67: The first 50 or so episodes of the series were okay, i loved some of them others were just fine but i never saw why people were giving it the highest scores and all (oc i like me my episodic anime but i didn't feel that deeply connected to the series... i was occasionally watching 2-4 episodes max per sitting.. that was it) until i got to the benizukara arc (ep58-61). the show felt different and just my perception of the show changed after that. 64-68 just hit another level of FUNNY... (they were hilarious omg).
Up to episode 156: Okay im at a point in GinTama where i can say this series is easily in my top 5 of all time. the latest episode i watched was them just talking.. no crazy action no flashy animation.. only 4 characters going back and forth with the same "frame" on the screen.. and I actually LOVED it (wtf). Plus, i finished the Yoshiwara in Flames arc not too long ago and it was my favorite arc so far. previously Shinsengumi Crisis arc and the Yagyu arc before that. each Arc is as good/if not better then the previous one. GOATAMA!!!!
Up to episode 181: Episode 180 is my favorite GinTama episode so far. i loved the characters and the story in the red spider arc and the way they handled the flashback was mind-blowing to me. we even got small glimpse of Gintoki's backstory. definitely top 3 arc for sure. Zenzo's appearence was surprising.

This is by far the series that made me want to rant about and discuss it with poeple the most (one piece being 2nd), So here are some more ramblings :)
(shit this sentance was so fucking hard to formulate)
Disclaimer: this was firstly done on several GoogelDoc but midway into it, i abandoned the idea of writing Some kind of a review (for myself) so i copy pasted it here. content could get repetitive.. i wont bother ajusting or rewriting it as it is soly to show my raw experience.

Helpful links:

LFGOOOOO

i Stopped writing/editing this around the 4 Devas arc... i just couldn't find the time to watch AND write my thoughts on it. kinda sad (wish i continued withese raw rants)
Just know that Gintama slapped till the very end. one of the best series i've ever experienced.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

194 by Seraschi »»
Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

almozayaf - Jul 28, 2009

95 by SPG_Anima »»
Apr 21, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Znote - Oct 3, 2009

107 by DaveyUwU »»
Apr 20, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

88 by decco6226 »»
Apr 16, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.