Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which do you prefer? The Anime or the Manga of Karin?
Mar 15, 2009 3:34 PM

Dec 2008
Personally I prefer the manga since I think they did the story alot better (by that I mean they actually had a good romance going between Karin and Kenta instead of them just being friends that secretly have a crush on each other).But I was curious to what other people thought so vote and post away.

P.S. If you do post please put the reason why you picked what you did
BlazingDevilMar 28, 2009 1:03 PM

~Signature made by Dea37s~

Night Academy I.D.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 15, 2009 9:35 PM

Aug 2006
Personally, I preferred the manga because the romance was far more developed.

Seriously, there were plenty of opportunites to develop the romance, and most of them were skimped out for MORE FUCKING WINNER SCREENTIME.

The pool episode made me rage the most because it should have gone:

Karin, Kenta, Maki, and Winner go to the water park. Hilarity ensues.
Including Kenta into that episode would have improved it SO much more.

However, one thing the anime did better was give Elda more personality and more screentime.

Other than that, the manga surpasses the anime in every other way.

The manga was a lot more realistic and the jokes were A LOT better. Oh god, I can't stress this enough. The anime had jokes that were either a hit or a miss, and most of them involved Winner or Karin's breasts in some way.

The manga had much more clever and creative humor. For example, in volume 5 where Karin gets her words twisted around by the manager concerning the extra work for Christmas. I LOL'D. Geniunely funny sex joke, unlike in the anime.
(DURR HURR BOOBS NOSEBLEED LOL SO RANDOM XD)
zonnikkuMar 15, 2009 9:38 PM
Mar 17, 2009 10:12 PM

Dec 2008
zonnikku said:

Seriously, there were plenty of opportunites to develop the romance, and most of them were skimped out for MORE FUCKING WINNER SCREENTIME.

The pool episode made me rage the most because it should have gone:

Karin, Kenta, Maki, and Winner go to the water park. Hilarity ensues.
Including Kenta into that episode would have improved it SO much more.
Actually I wouldnt know about the pool episode cause I skipped over most of it... I just can't stand that DAMN BASTARD WINNER!!! He just pisses me off, I mean he knows that Karin and Kenta have a thing for each other and he still tries to get in the way. God he is almost as bad as Seista from Zero no Tsukaima. ( yes I like ZnT dont beat me over the head about it.)Though he still isn't quite as bad as her because no one can be as bad as Seista. Oh well I think I have ranted enough but basically I agree Winner is an idiot and Kenta should have been added into the pool episode.
ZinnKidMar 18, 2009 8:11 AM

Night Academy I.D.
May 1, 2009 1:12 PM

Feb 2008
zonnikku said:

The manga was a lot more realistic and the jokes were A LOT better. Oh god, I can't stress this enough. The anime had jokes that were either a hit or a miss, and most of them involved Winner or Karin's breasts in some way.
Quoted from the effing truth!

It's depressing how often anime adaptations fail to stand on the same level of humor as the original material. Doujin Work was enough to destroy my hope in anime companies for a looooong while. All that brilliant 4-panel humor down the drain -.-"

I also prefer the manga, for many good reasons but mostly because of Winner. Oh, that little brat stuck out in that big group of likable character like a sore thumb with frostbites. After following the colorful events of the Marker family you expect me to accept that? Not ****ing likely.

The romance in the anime was okay I guess, but that's a bad thing when it's so addicting to follow in the manga.

May 8, 2009 7:52 AM

May 2009
oh i just got done watching this anime it was so cute and delightful I really need to read the manga still I've yet to read it So i'll leave my feelings on that when i read it hehe.
May 10, 2009 7:54 AM

Jun 2008
manga because it had more of a plot and a real ending.

however, I like the anime a lot too. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't hate Winner. His voice is so annoying that I like it. I know I'm crazy xD
May 12, 2009 6:44 PM

Jun 2008
I prefer the manga because the plot was more elaborate and it answered more questions. But the anime was good too....
May 17, 2009 9:20 PM

Dec 2008
hirahira said:
manga because it had more of a plot and a real ending.

however, I like the anime a lot too. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't hate Winner. His voice is so annoying that I like it. I know I'm crazy xD
Yes... Yes you are...lol

Night Academy I.D.
May 18, 2009 6:22 AM

Sep 2007
Manga, absolutely. The story is better developed ^_^

May 19, 2009 11:33 AM
Jan 2009
manga since I think they did the story alot better

The whole point of theromance is better expressed
Jul 5, 2009 2:45 AM

Nov 2008
I prefer manga cos there was no vampire hunter Winner lol
An of course plot was more interesting ^^
Jul 18, 2009 6:18 PM

Apr 2008
I thought the anime was boring

Aug 3, 2009 1:39 AM
Dec 2008
Manga definitely!
Aug 14, 2009 9:12 AM

Feb 2009
I have to say the anime cuz I haven't gotten past 1st chapter in the manga. ^O^ But I'm fairly certain I'll change my mind once I read on. That always happens. ^^
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -Edgar Allan Poe
Oct 10, 2009 1:02 PM
Jan 2009
I gotta say the manga. The romance was a lot better in the manga and the storyline was a lot more serious. Having watched the anime first, I did enjoy it too. Winner was one of those characters that just made the series a bit more fun. I think having both is a healthy balance. I'm glad that the anime wasn't totally the same with the manga. Having a more serious manga and a more fun loving anime lets everyone be happy, it appeals to different people. I loved both the anime and the manga but I prefer the manga by far.
Oct 16, 2009 12:58 AM

Feb 2009
I'm going what most people have said is with the manga since I also feel that the story and romance is more developed than the anime.
I see the world how it is... in shades of gray. Nothing is totally clean... or totally dirty! - Majeh

Dec 22, 2009 2:46 PM
May 2008
i know for most they prefer the manga as provided the truer sense of the plot, which i agree with, but i have to as i like the anime mainly for the voices i thought worked well with the characters to make them stand out to me, and i liked the comedy aspects of it, which i believe was stronger in the anime. but the manga "rocked" (lol, ok a better word was good) however for me anime got me hooked before the manga.
Dec 26, 2009 1:30 PM

Nov 2009
I've only read two volumes of the manga so far (watched anime around 2 months ago) so can't really compare them yet, but judging from all the comments here the manga should be better, I'll just have to see for it myself.

Though it'll take a while since there are only 4 volumes of it published in my country so far :(
Jan 24, 2010 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
The Anime
Sig deleted for being too large.
Jan 24, 2010 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
Manga is better IMO!!

Not just the story;even the art was cooler!! D:<
Feb 18, 2010 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
For me manga is better.
Feb 23, 2010 2:17 PM

Nov 2009
I think manga might be better than anime, but for now i only watched anime, so I prefer anime:) But in near future I will read manga:)
Aug 29, 2010 7:00 PM

Feb 2010
Manga, obviously because the story goes way further than in the anime, to the point that there's even a time skip.
Ku ku ku~
Aug 29, 2010 10:06 PM

Oct 2009
I haven't watched the anime, and I have no desire to do so because of how amazing the manga was.
Sep 1, 2010 8:51 AM

Jul 2009
The anime was kinda.. bad actually xD
Sep 1, 2010 10:22 AM
May 2008
The manga is better
Sep 2, 2010 12:04 AM

Jan 2010
just got invited so i thought! i better go reread the Manga series! its been almost 6 months since i finished so im forgetful. And i have to buy the rest of the volumes i only have 1-3 <_<
but yes Manga is so much better!
i almost dropped the anime series because of the english dub, god bless the japanese dub!
Sep 25, 2010 3:01 PM

Jan 2010
I must agree with everyone that in manga Karin&Kenta's romance was more... "mature", but I think that anime was better. Sorry, the end of manga just made me stay up in tears for over half of hour:(
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
Sep 28, 2010 11:33 AM

Oct 2008
I haven't watched the anime so I can't tell which is better, but the manga looks pretty well to me^^
May 21, 2011 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
Another plus for the manga:
Hekikai no Aion has officially joined Karin's "universe". We may still get some post-ending Karin dose since the just-conceived Kanon is related to the Akuma twins (Karin's epilogue chapter is years after Aion, though).
Ku ku ku~
Jun 29, 2011 8:17 AM

Dec 2009
xShiroSakura said:
The anime was kinda.. bad actually xD

You said it! The manga is very good, the anime is full of flaws. Holes in the plot, annoying new characters and the end is really lame.
Wanna join these clubs and have a nice talk: We Hate Censorship and Luna & Survive Fan Club
Aug 13, 2011 3:01 PM

Dec 2009
I liked the anime, cause who doesn't like seeing their favorite chars animated. However, as typical with many anime, I like the manga better. Fuller story, less "what the" moments. They did the changes to the story well in the anime, but it still wasn't as good.
Dec 5, 2011 11:03 PM
Aug 2008
I liked the manga far more than the anime. I liked the story in the manga and when I heard about the anime, I thought it was going to be great having it animated but then they changed a lot of the original story. I'm not saying the anime is bad, it's actually pretty decent, I just didn't like the amount of story changes and that annoying Weiner guy.
Oct 28, 2012 10:08 AM

Jun 2012
Manga was better in so many ways!! First, as someone already said, the romance was far more developed, and second, there was no Winner-kun! Who the hell created all that hunter stuff? Anyway, Loser-kun is really no good, and he took so much time of the show.. :( manga ftw

IF YOU WON'T CLICK IT, IT WON'T GROW
*udontsay*
Dec 18, 2012 10:57 AM
Nov 2011
ShirinTenchou said:
Manga, absolutely. The story is better developed ^_^
Eruhan said:
Manga is better IMO!!

Not just the story;even the art was cooler!! D:<

True.
I watched anime a bit, but manga was better. I didn't like the anime, too many things changed in my opinion.
-___-
Sep 25, 2015 9:27 PM

May 2014
I prefer the anime over the manga, the ending just makes me feel much better about life compared to the manga. xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Did You Read The Manga, Watched The Anime, Or Both?

ZinnKid - Jan 23, 2010

31 by Ascendence »»
Sep 25, 2015 9:25 PM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Karin character.... ( 1 2 )

Maora - Aug 16, 2007

92 by Ascendence »»
Sep 25, 2015 9:16 PM

Poll: » Club Color

Shadowed_Flames - Oct 27, 2008

14 by Mangaman13 »»
Jul 18, 2015 7:13 PM

Poll: » Which Karin vampire would enjoy your blood the most?

ZinnKid - Mar 8, 2009

30 by WarEasley »»
Mar 9, 2015 3:15 AM

Poll: » Are you male or female? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 17, 2008

72 by HELLSATAN »»
Jan 21, 2014 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.