Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 18, 2013 7:42 PM
So i just finished watching Strong World (this was my first time seeing it dubbed or subbed) at the moment i give it a 8/10 but that might be to generous i am going to watch it again eventually. I was wondering what everyone else thought about the English dubbing. As usual i think Luffy is dead on same as Sanji and Zoro. I for one think they casted very well for Brook, very similar to the Japanese voice. At the begging i wasn't a fan of Shiki's voice but as it went on i began to like it more and more. Zoro and Sanji felt very underplayed in this movie compared to the rest that might just be because i am so used to the Monster Trio kicking ass in every movie and arc of the show. I am not one of those people who think Nami is an annoying bitch personally I don't think she is that bad especially in this movie, sure she is the main problem and all but its not like she abandoned Luffy for real unlike a certain other female crew member who underestimated Luffy. The art was beautiful just what i would expect from One Piece. In the end this was a fantastic movie that anyone should be able to appreciate. I showed it to my brother who knows nothing about the show and he loved it, just goes to show that its just one of those things people seem to rely enjoy. I hope to see more from Oda in the future.
Hero? No! We,re Pirates! I love heroes, but I don't want to be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!
- Monkey D. Luffy

Nov 25, 2013 7:36 PM

I just watched it dubbed a few hours ago and I liked it, just not as much as I do when I watch it subbed. I still have a problem with the way Collen voices Luffy, but it wasn't as bad as it has been in the past. She toned down the rawness that bothered me before with him, but she still cannot capture the character of original Luffy. I doubt anyone can, really. Mayumi Tanaka is just amazing. I was disappointed with Franky. Funimation wants to continue to make him a tough guy. Franky isn't necessarily "tough". He is a silly, suuuuuper eccentric guy. I love Patrick, I just don't like his Franky, it doesn't fit the original character. I was blown away with Lucy's performance as Nami. I think she probably captures her character the best out of everybody. Ian did amazing as Brook. For not playing the character before, he was awesome. His singing voice was great, his Yohohohoho's sounded like the original, and he really captured the silliness of Brook. Hopefully he'll stay on for Thriller Bark and beyond. He earned his keep for the role. Everybody else did a fantastic job. Shiki was kind of hard to understand, but that was mostly due to his accent.
Avatar credit goes to toxicashley @ avatarsdb.com

Jul 11, 2016 9:10 PM
At amazon, One Piece English Dub movies get a higher rating at amazon than the episodes