Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2012
In honor of HBG (Yunoxawesome) watching Yu Yu Hakusho, I was curious to know what those who have seen the great anime consider to be their favorite saga of the anime series. Just to give a quick nutshell summary of each Saga...

Spirit Detective Saga - The episodes follow the story of Yusuke Urameshi, a teenage boy who dies in an accident, and is resurrected as a Spirit Detective, Spirit World's protector of the Living World against demons and other supernatural threats.

Dark Tournament Saga - The episodes cover the story of Yusuke Urameshi and how his tenure as Spirit Detective led him to participate in the "Dark Tournament," a competition between demons to determine the strongest supernatural inhabitants of the Living World.

Chapter Black Saga - The episodes follow Spirit Detective Yusuke Urameshi and his conflict with a former Spirit Detective, Shinobu Sensui, and the latter's desire to open the gateway to Makai.

Three Kings Saga - The episodes cover Yusuke Urameshi's journey to Makai to meet his demon ancestor, and his attempts to resolve the unstable political situation in Makai.

Also feel free to explain why you the Saga you voted for is your favorite of the bunch.
KiraKamiOct 25, 2013 4:28 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 26, 2013 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
With all due respect to the other arcs/sagas, I like Chapter Black more than any of them. I just feel like the Chapter Black saga is the peak of Yu Yu Hakusho's story, and I really like the idea of "territories" (the humans getting powers and forcing those in their territory to operate under their rules, basically) and how varied and creative some of them are shown to be. I also think Shinobu Sensui is a unique, complex, and compelling character. Despite his villainous intent, it's necessary to sympathize with him knowing how it reached that boiling point. The character development, newly introduced interesting characters, Sensui, and the concept of territories are the primary contributing factors in why I like this saga most. The awesome fighting scenes are just icing on the cake, really.
Oct 26, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2013
Well, thank you! lol, watching it cause Imp talks about it sometimes and it got me interested. I think I have about 100 episodes to go before i make any judgements :P but ill keep an eye on this topic so i know what's coming, more or less. I think i remember watching this on TV before but i forgot cause it only random episodes, and for some reason, I know by heart the japanese version of Smile Bomb o.O but anyway, I enjoy it so far...
yunoxawesomeOct 26, 2013 3:15 PM
Oct 27, 2013 12:56 PM

Nov 2012
Its tough for me to decide between Chapter Black and the Dark Tournament it is like a tie for me, I think I voted for the Chapter Black one above, but since Imp posted about Chapter Black I'll post about the Dark Tournament since to me it deserves some props too.

I really liked Hiei's training and character development and the debut of his stuff with the black dragon and how Kurama transformed and his strategies during the tournament. I think Toguro was also a great villain that dare I say it equals Sensui, he had a twisted past and had a great story with Genkai, and how he demanded to receive 10000 years of punishment in 10000 cycles and then have his soul cease to exist out of regret and honour to atone for his actions, plus he owned Older Toguro, his own brother, for being a little shit stain. Plus I think the dark tournament introduced way better, and more lasting, side characters than the Chapter Black saga.
Jaywalker.
Nov 5, 2015 1:46 PM
Nov 2015
I just got finished watching the series and I have to say IMHO it's definitely the Dark tournament for my favorite. More characters, more strategy, more interesting and new techniques were used. Toguro character was amazing and it gave more insight to who Genkai was and allowed every character to get some shine. I thought "Chapter Black" was interesting until sensui vs Yusuke happened. The whole sacred Aura, Yusuke becoming a demon, and 7 personalities ALL seemed rushed and put there without any build up. Story wise it was also lacking with the whole Chapter Black video tape as well to me. Still an ok saga tho!
Jul 30, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2016
Personally i find all the arcs to be good. They all were well thought out and written. Not one was bad. But if im looking to say which one i felt more excited about and had me grinning like an idiot it has to be the three kings arc. I just love that one too much though im aware it was the least developed and weaker of the four sadly. But i love it from a fangirl point of view XD!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What anime shows are you currently watching

MrJustice - Oct 28, 2013

4 by CodeAmazing »»
Jun 30, 2015 4:09 AM

» Member Picture Base!

KiraKami - Oct 24, 2013

9 by GiStyles »»
Oct 27, 2013 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.