Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 14, 2013 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
Is that what this is called? Because it airs July 7th, so yeah.
http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/
[url][/url]
Jun 14, 2013 3:24 AM

Sep 2012
Not sure how you came to this conclusion of what this is to be called. What does July 7th have to do with Zen?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
I've been checking a few Summer Season lists, and that's what http://www.animeph.com/summer-2013-new-anime-season-preview-list calls it (I know its some where else also)
I mean, I could be entirely wrong, that's always a possibility.
[url][/url]
Jun 14, 2013 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
http://bakemonogatari.wikia.com/wiki/Monogatari_Series_Second_Season
I think that's what this page says
[url][/url]
Jun 14, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
Both sites got it very wrong. Zen here means "complete". So the poster is saying that Shaft is going to anime the "complete" monogatari series. It is not used to mean just the 2nd season. This word carries the meaning that the anime project will extend to the 3rd season (Oni, Koi etc). So for the monogatari anime in the coming season, it is wrong to use "zenmonogatari" as its name.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
It was the title when it was first introduced. "Monogatari Series Second Season" is the official title now.

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 14, 2013 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
DawnJ said:
It was the title when it was first introduced.
I doubt it was even e title when first introduced. Japanese people understand the word Zen 全 as complete and all, so they take the word of "Zenmonogatari animated" as meaning "all of monogatari animated". They never took it as the title for the new season.

Jun 14, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
DawnJ said:
It was the title when it was first introduced.
I doubt it was even e title when first introduced. Japanese people understand the word Zen 全 as complete and all, so they take the word of "Zenmonogatari animated" as meaning "all of monogatari animated". They never took it as the title for the new season.

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/otanews/imgs/b/7/b7a8ce62-s.jpg

'<<Entire Monogatari>> Serialization is decided.' <- rough trans

By looking at the position of the brackets, I think it was the old title but I might be wrong. And I know Chinese characters.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now.
DawnJJun 14, 2013 11:12 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 14, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Thanks guys!
[url][/url]
Jun 16, 2013 10:44 PM

Sep 2012
DawnJ said:

By looking at the position of the brackets, I think it was the old title but I might be wrong. And I know Chinese characters.
Well, I know Chinese characters, AND speak Japanese too. That rough trans you gave was all understood by fans in Japan that the Entire Monogatari series is to be animated, NOT as its title. Fans know there is a difference: Entire series means the 2nd and final seasons; the anime is only about 2nd season.

Jun 16, 2013 10:47 PM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
DawnJ said:

Well, I know Chinese characters, AND speak Japanese too. That rough trans you gave was all understood by fans in Japan that the Entire Monogatari series is to be animated, NOT as its title. Fans know there is a difference:

I saw old 2ch threads and there were some people saying it's a little confusing. Whatever you say, the brackets are there. And they can cause misunderstanding, whether it was the real title or not.

Entire series means the 2nd and final seasons; the anime is only about 2nd season.

That's not even an issue here.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 17, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
DawnJ said:
I saw old 2ch threads and there were some people saying it's a little confusing. Whatever you say, the brackets are there. And they can cause misunderstanding, whether it was the real title or not.
They said it is confusing only because they were not sure what it means for animating the whole series like how many cours and in how many seasons etc, not whether the name zenmonogatari is the name for the second season.

DawnJ said:

Entire series means the 2nd and final seasons; the anime is only about 2nd season.
That's not even an issue here.
It is, because the word Zen means "entire" (you should know as you said you understand Chinese characters) and so it is clear that Zenmonogatari is not a title for an anime that covers only the 2nd season. In fact those Japanese fans who read the news report when Zenmonogatari was announced would find it quite clear that Zenmonogatari means the project to animate the entire series, not the title for the next season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.