Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who's the best petite soeur for Yumi ?
Jan 7, 2009 11:33 AM

Mar 2008
Last year, at the end of season 3, i remember having a flaming discussion with a friend about which girl would be the best petite soeur for Yumi.

Even if we have a big hint now, thanks to season 4 ending, i think it would be nice to see your choice ^^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 7, 2009 12:07 PM

Apr 2007
Even before the whole spoilerific season 4 OP/ED I've felt Touko to be Yumi's best choice. I normally dislike tsunderes but Touko is a non-violent one so she ends up more cute than annoying.

On the other hand Kanako had some unrealistic perceptions of Yumi which leads me to think they wouldn't be all that compatible with each other.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jan 7, 2009 5:46 PM

May 2008
both Touko and Kanakoa cared for Yumi but to me it seem that Touko has more relationship to both Yumi and Sachiko more than Kanako, therefore Touko would be more compatible.

Not that i dislike tall peoplez but Kanako is really tall and kinda kookoo so yeah. LOL

Jan 10, 2009 9:03 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, it's been a while since I've watched the other seasons but based on what I can remember and from what I've seen so far from season 4, I would have to say that Touko would be the better choice.

I like how their characters and personalities interact with each other and they seem to have more history. Or at least I think they did? *scratches head* My memory is so bad.

Anyway in regards to Kanako, I think she's a bit unreasonable about her expectations regarding Yumi and is a bit disillusional. If she can't accept Yumi for who she is then they really can't form that crucial sœur relationship. Hmm, and personally I never really liked her/found her to be as interesting as Touko. And something about her seems sort of...awkward.

Also, this wasn't a major factor but seriously, the height difference between Kanako and Yumi is kind of ridiculous to look at - I couldn't help but laugh out loud during ep 1 when they stood next to each other. In contrast, Yumi and Touko look cute together.

(I blame all incorrect facts on my senility and the fact that it's 12 am here. =A=)
Give me yuri and I'm good to go.
Jan 12, 2009 2:49 AM

Dec 2008
While I'm still new to the show, the concept of Yumi eventually gaining a petite soeur seems like quite a big jump for her, at least in my mind anyway. And when Touko was introduced in season two, she rubbed me the wrong way from jump street with her attitude. As for Kanako, I'm trying to remember her season two cameo but can't. Still, those are both interesting choices.

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Jan 12, 2009 6:38 AM

May 2008
PhillyFlash said:
While I'm still new to the show, the concept of Yumi eventually gaining a petite soeur seems like quite a big jump for her, at least in my mind anyway. And when Touko was introduced in season two, she rubbed me the wrong way from jump street with her attitude.

totally agree with you, Yumi doesn't seem ready yet to have a seour and Touko really blew it in season 2

Jan 12, 2009 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
yamiperv said:
PhillyFlash said:
While I'm still new to the show, the concept of Yumi eventually gaining a petite soeur seems like quite a big jump for her, at least in my mind anyway. And when Touko was introduced in season two, she rubbed me the wrong way from jump street with her attitude.

totally agree with you, Yumi doesn't seem ready yet to have a seour and Touko really blew it in season 2

I agree with this, and also think that Yumi and Touko are more compatible.
Touko-chan has conflicts with people around her, but when she talks to Yumi she just makes a cute expression and can't talk back ;)
So Yumi can make her act a bit less aggressive, and Touko can maybe influence Yumi so she can mature a bit trough that.... I mean, don't people grow trough relationships, so even if Yumi is not totally ready she can "learn" it on the road?

Kanako-chan sees Yumi as the idol-type girl, and it was already hard for her to shatter the image of Yumi in the previous season, so she might have more of those misconceptions if they became Soeurs...
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Jan 12, 2009 9:10 PM

Oct 2007
Second season I really disliked Touko. However, Kanako creeped me out more. The whole stalker thing was too much for me. You can idolize someone but she took it to an extreme. She also mentioned before that she had no desire to become Yumi's soeur so I didn't like her as a choice anyway.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 13, 2009 1:32 AM

Dec 2008
lilgumba said:
Second season I really disliked Touko. However, Kanako creeped me out more. The whole stalker thing was too much for me. You can idolize someone but she took it to an extreme. She also mentioned before that she had no desire to become Yumi's soeur so I didn't like her as a choice anyway.

Now, I haven't seen seen either season three or four, nor can I remember Kanako's brief appearance during season two, but isn't she taller than Yumi? Silly as this sounds, for Kanako to become Yumi's soeur would just look, well, odd. Suddenly, Touko looks better to me. Heh!

Jan 18, 2009 8:42 AM

Oct 2007
Yes she is way taller than Yumi.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 19, 2009 6:42 AM

Dec 2008
I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Touko, so naturally I would prefer it if she becomes Yumi's petite soeur. I like Kanako, too, but I think she's a little lacking in the personality department, whereas Touko's got an abundance of it. Also, the Touko/Yumi dynamic seems like a bit of a foil to Sei/Yumi, of which you can never have too much xD

I think with all the hints from the season and the ending credits, it's pretty obvious who Yumi's going to wind up choosing as her soeur. Still, I hope they take the time to develop them a bit more and not just rush into it.
Jan 20, 2009 12:22 PM

Jul 2007
touko is my <3
Jan 21, 2009 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
Kanako said that she won't become Yumi's soeur in 4th ep.3, didn't she?
周防小琴美は、妖艶で、可愛くで、とても好き。彼女はみ使いをからきし変える
か?ええと、貴方に何時でも支えます!

Jan 22, 2009 2:51 AM

Mar 2008
No spoil please ;) It's just a discussion about the members' favorite ^^
Jan 24, 2009 5:48 PM

Apr 2007
Wow. Kanako is just getting crushed in the voting.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jan 24, 2009 5:57 PM

Jun 2008
tainteddonut said:

Yeah, sooo crushed....
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Jan 25, 2009 2:23 AM

Dec 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
tainteddonut said:

Yeah, sooo crushed....

And deservedly too!

Mar 16, 2009 5:33 AM

Mar 2009
let it be know far and wide I hereby support the surprise end!

May 16, 2009 2:53 AM

Dec 2008
Watched more of the season 3 OVA last night. Man! Was Kanako ever creepy! And that was BEFORE listening to her unrealistic expectations for Yumi. No wonder Touko is thought of as a better choice for Yumi's petite soeur! At least she's emotionally grounded while Kanako's a borderline nutjob!

Jun 1, 2009 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
Woah, just one vote for Kanako, haha xD
I don't dislike Touko-chan, I've always liked characters that appear to be rough but are kind hearted :)
Jun 7, 2009 3:47 AM

Dec 2008
natsuki-chan-bg said:
I agree with this, and also think that Yumi and Touko are more compatible.
Touko-chan has conflicts with people around her, but when she talks to Yumi she just makes a cute expression and can't talk back ;)

This just occurred to me. I've found the way Touko acts around Yumi as somewhat similar to how Syaoran acted around Yukito from Cardcaptor Sakura. Does that mean that Youko's smitten with Yumi but doesn't know how to react or express those feelings? Who knows. Maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree, but that's my opinion.

Jul 3, 2009 2:44 AM

Dec 2008
Something else that occured to me while rewatching season three last night. While season four supposedly focuses on Yumi's task of gaining a little sister, what about Yoshino who's next in line to become Rosa Foetida after Rei graduates? Who's her petite soeur going to be? Not Kanako I hope!

Jan 25, 2010 2:44 AM

Jan 2010
I'm agreeing with the part that Yumi isn't ready for a petite soeur yet. Somehow it just looks like she's... too young?
May 19, 2010 3:10 AM

Nov 2009
[I'm watching the 3rd ova from the third season now, so I don't know anything past that limit yet.]

I voted for Touko because despite her coldness she's down to earth and sees the real Yumi with good and bads. On the other hand, Kanako is loving the idol appearance of Yumi which is far from reality, she doesn't really want to know Yumi as she is.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Characters

tainteddonut - Feb 4, 2008

28 by Gurenn »»
Sep 19, 2014 5:10 AM

» where to find insert songs ?

minirop - Oct 13, 2010

0 by minirop »»
Oct 13, 2010 3:54 AM

» Marimite seiyuus in other impressive/really(?!) roles

code537 - Nov 2, 2009

1 by Ressey »»
May 7, 2010 2:19 PM

» Lilian Fourhand ~Nuclear Soeur Fighters~

tainteddonut - May 8, 2008

7 by Asakura_Mao »»
Jan 25, 2010 2:52 AM

» Marimite Images

tainteddonut - May 10, 2008

17 by PhillyFlash »»
Jan 5, 2010 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.