Forum Settings
Forums

Looking for an addicting shoujo anime like Kodomo no Omocha and Gakuen Alice!

New
May 17, 2013 6:03 PM
May 2013
Kodocha is my favorite anime because I love Akito and Sana's relationship! I also like Nastume and Mikan chan from Gakuen Alice. I have seen Maid Sama, OHSHC, Lovely Complex, Peach Girl, Karin Chibi Vampire, Toradora, and now I'm watching Fushigi Yuugi. I really enjoyed all of these, but none of them have touched me like Kodocha has! I kind of like Marmalade Boy, but haven't finished it. PLEASE! Any recommendations would be awesome.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE <3
May 17, 2013 7:20 PM

Jan 2012
Kodocha is just amazing.

If you haven't watched Fruits Basket, watch it. Seems like you would like it.
I haven't watched it but I still think you would like it.
Fruits Basket also has a lot of the same voice actors (if you watched Kodocha dubbed like I did)

Ayashi no Ceres - same creator of Fushigi Yuugi ( I believe)
May 17, 2013 7:50 PM
Aug 2012
Missing that sort of manic flavor of Kodocha (and in fact not really very comedy) but:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/122/Full_Moon_wo_Sagashite

and just cause it's awesome:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/721/Princess_Tutu

(Yes, cried. Buckets. In both :) )

And I would +1 Fruits Basket - it is the same director as Kodocha (for the really good half anyway!)
May 17, 2013 7:53 PM
Mar 2010
Kimi Ni Todoke + 2nd season maybe? A lot of people enjoyed this one, whereas I found it pretty okay.
You could also try Nana, although it's a lot more josei than shoujo, and it deals with mature themes. It's also somewhat heartbreaking, funny, lovely, and realistic. One of the faves.

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
May 18, 2013 9:02 AM
May 2013
Thank you x100 everyone! I have seen Fruits Basket, just forgot to mention it. Kyo and Yuki are so cute.
Anyway, I will most definitely check the others out! I haven't heard of them. I found one last night I liked called Kirarin Revolution! The one boy looks just like Natsume from Gakuen Alice. I am just obsessed with Kodocha and even read the manga Deep Clear One Shot when Sana and Akito are adults. They are an amazing couple, and the chemistry between them during any scene they're alone is the best I've seen in anime (or movies even). So if anyone thinks of a Shoujo couple similar to them, let me know. I am relatively new to the anime world (watching less than one year).

Thanks!
Feb 2, 2014 4:11 PM
Feb 2014
I am into the same kinda animes you are and I have many suggestions!
Kamichama Karin:
This anime is about a girl named Karin. She finds out she is a goddess after meeting Kazune-kun. She starts working with him to help him protect his cousin Himeka.
The relationship between Karin and Kazune is MUCH like the relationship between Sana and Akito. At first, Karin absolutely despises Kazune because he's very sexist. Karin falls in 'love' with an upperclassmen (just like the relationship with Rei and Sana) and Kazune gets very jealous. Although many can tell Kazune likes Karin, Karin is very dense and doesn't seem to notice. Theres a always a tiny bit of action in each episode of this anime, but the love story is very cute and similar to Kodocha.

Shugo Chara:
THIS ANIME IS SUPER ADORABLE AND ADDICTING.
The heroine of this story, Amu, is seen as a rebellious and cool teen. Everyone looks up to her because of her very independent personality and cool attitude... including her parents. On the inside, Amu is like any other teenage girl and wants to be able to show off her girly side once in a while. One night, she wishes to become the person she wants to be and the next morning she wakes up with 3 eggs on her bed. Shocked, Amu decides to keep them a secret. During school, one of the eggs hatch and explains that each egg is a small character based off of her dreams and who she wants to be. These characters guide Amu and help her become the person she wants to be. In the love story, Amu is in love with Tadase who is seen as the perfect student. Through some small character changes, she accidently confesses to him in the first episode and he declines her feelings. Throughout the series they become friends and their love story grows. There is also another love interest named Ikuto, a rebellious teen who teases Amu and eventually does begin to develop feelings for her. Ikuto and Tadase know each other and are enemies.
There are two series in this anime and many episodes, but all episodes are worth watching.

Ultra Maniac:
This anime has a cute love story that I cant really explain in detail since I just started watching it today. I definitely recommend it though!

Yumeiro Patissiere:
THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMENDED FOR YOU AND I'M SURE YOU'LL LOVE THIS ANIME. This anime is about a girl named Amano Ichigo. Ichigo wants to follow in the footsteps of her late grandmother who was a patissiere. Ichigo has a very clumsy personality and is often compared to her golden younger sister Natsume. After checking out a sweets convention, Ichigo meets a patissiere who recommends that she goes to a Patissiere School. He sees potiential in her. The story goes on from there after she meets the 3 Sweets Princes, who are 3 boys that excel in looks, and making sweets. The three princes gradually develop feelings for Amano, but one prince, Kashino, hides it through always scolding and teasing her. More goes on but I don't want to explain too much. I'm very bad at explaining the plots and my summary does not give the show any justice at all, so please check it out!
Jun 11, 2015 11:52 AM
Nov 2014
I just had to say this but Cardcaptor Sakura came to mind.
Sakura falls in love with her senpai too (Yuki I think)
Theres also this other show called Tsubasa chronicles and it apparently really complicated of how they are related (well
to me anyhow) when I watched I foumd it very adorable and all the costumes her friend pits her into just makes her more adorable~♥
Jun 12, 2015 9:53 AM

Jan 2014
Yes, Card Captor Sakura! You must see Card Captor Sakura. It gets great after Lee arrives.

I'd also recommend that you check everything from the same authors of Kodomo no Omocha and Marmalade Boy. They're great mangaka!
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jun 12, 2015 9:57 AM
Mar 2014
Full Moon wo Sagashite +1
Kamisama Hajimemashita

More topics from this board

» Looking for trash anime

Ashik01 - May 8

12 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
32 minutes ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - May 3

12 by berkcan4you »»
3 hours ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - Yesterday

6 by mo_lave »»
5 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

9 by WitherThrakh »»
7 hours ago

» ROMANCE, ROMANCE, ROMANCE!

Maryie - Apr 10, 2019

12 by Af2zl »»
Today, 1:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.