Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2013 9:08 PM

May 2013
I kind of have this theory that since Judal isn't inherently evil like the rest of Al Thamen seems to be, it might be possible for Aladdin to like 'purify' him with Solomon's Wisdom or something like that. I was wondering if anybody else had some theories or anything regarding that?
May 12, 2013 2:12 AM

Feb 2010
Magi is a pretty ambiguous story, you can even argue slightly for Al Thamen since what they inherently wanted to do is to go against fate, the same kind of belief that the usual good-natured shounen protagonists in other manga had except Al Tharmein is more malicious and ruthless in its approach.

Judai is a magi, one that was being taken advantage of by Al Tharmen. When he offers Hakuryuu help in his quest for revenge provided the latter 'curse' his destiny. That should indicate he is on neither side and his hatred towards fate that led to his plight. Parents were killed and him being taken away when he was a baby or merely resent the fact that he is nothing more but a puppet for Al Tharmen.
May 12, 2013 7:06 AM
Mar 2011
The day ohtaka shinobu cops out on Judal is the day Kassim comes back from the dead and becomes a good guy. -___-
May 12, 2013 12:52 PM

May 2013
BackLashWave said:
The day ohtaka shinobu cops out on Judal is the day Kassim comes back from the dead and becomes a good guy. -___-

Eh, Kassim got redeemed before he died, too. I mean, his rukh have kind of helped Alibaba out a couple of times since his death. He's obviously not a 'bad guy' or 'evil' anymore. When I wondered if Judal would get redeemed, I wasn't really thinking that he would become like, goody goody or anything like that. Just that his story would kind of be resolved in a positive way, like Kassim's was. I don't really think that's copping out or whatever. u . u
May 12, 2013 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
The flashback in Balbadd, his exchange with Sinbad in sindria, and the sad look that he gave Hakuryuu as he clashed with his mother indicated that Judal is more of a victim and a rival character than a true villain. I think the main villain will be this father character that the Al Thamen members mention from time to time, not Judal. Judal had shown signs that he wanted to break free from the organization and follow his own agenda.

Personally, I can't see any of the Magis dying. Magis were depicted as a symbol of hope for people, and I speculate that each will select their own king by the end. I find it a very predictable twist that at some point in the manga, Judal's rukh will turn white, and he will either side with Aladdin or stand by the one who will be king of the Kou empire.
Jun 9, 2016 3:34 PM
Jun 2016
When you think about it he is not evil I mean al-thamen kidnaped and raised to love destruction you never maybe those fake tears he shed in front of sinbad were real

More topics from this board

» opinions on Magi's depiction of Arabian culture?

laaare - Oct 30, 2016

17 by Afan_123 »»
Apr 30, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 31 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 26, 2012

7 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 30 Discussion

BackLashWave - Dec 31, 2011

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 29 Discussion

10 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 28 Discussion

9 by Marloges »»
Apr 29, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.