Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who were you cheering for?
May 10, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2013
this may sound strange but over the course of death note. i found myself cheering for both kira and l to get the other. not simultaneously of course but at different times. like when
but when
maybe i just didn't want the show to end hahaha. were you guys cheering for both too??
May 10, 2013 8:14 PM

Sep 2011
I'm pretty sure we were suppossed to hate kira as the series went on.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 11, 2013 3:45 AM

Mar 2013
I never rooted for Light. I just never found him to be relatable. I understand his ideals, but his egotism and the fact that everyone was disposable to him didn't sit well with me at all. It only got worse the more megalomaniacal he got, and I honestly think that had he won in the end, not just criminals but anyone who didn't conform to his definition of a model citizen would have been killed. I don't think it's a stretch to say that eventually, he and his supporters would have ended up killing people who worshipped gods other than himself, people with mental or physical impairments who can't "fully contribute" to society, maybe even the poor and the elderly. So no, I never could sympathise with Light beyond acknowledging the principles he had in the beginning.
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

May 11, 2013 6:10 PM

Mar 2013
I rooted for Light to the hundredth degree all throughout the entire series. I couldn't care less about his supposed amorality or megalomania, nor did I ever let that hinder me from becoming completely engrossed in his ambition, his vacuous and childish actualization of a perfect world with him as its occupant ruler. I wanted to see what it would look like with him at the helm. I wanted to see him submit into madness. I wanted to see the masses' reactions to his regime. I wanted to see how he handled opposition. I wanted to see whether or not he would change his tyrannical methodology over time. I wanted to see how he would cope with boredom. There were so many things I wanted to witness from a narrative perspective, the perspective of Light as a winner, but alas, these things weren't granted to me. Albeit the ending and the entirety of part II was perfect from a literary standpoint, so I wouldn't change any of it.
May 11, 2013 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
I liked both teams, but found myself rooting for Kira most of the time... I think I just prefer "evil" characters over the "good" ones.

Spoilers for later in the show below:

May 11, 2013 6:32 PM

Jun 2012
I rooted for Mihael Keehl if that works.
May 11, 2013 6:39 PM

Aug 2012
I rooted for Light the whole way through

I never really cared about L, but Mello was pretty cool
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 12, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2013
I like both L and Light. Their rivalry of the wits was very intense.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
May 16, 2013 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
I was totally on Kira's side. One of the most interesting characters of all time imo. L was awesome too, but Kira get's my vote.
May 19, 2013 10:52 AM

May 2013
I guess I could say I was on both sides at different points. When one would get close, I'd root for the other.
May 19, 2013 11:41 AM

Mar 2013
I liked Kira a lot, but
You can't just throw away a friendship like that for world domination, sorry.

but at the same time
slashenjoiMay 19, 2013 11:47 AM

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Jun 14, 2013 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
Rooted for Matsuda.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 7, 2007

132 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
Apr 25, 8:37 PM

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 24, 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.