Forum Settings
Forums

Daisuki Aims to Aggregate (Legal) Streaming Anime in One Site

New
Mar 25, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
one legal streaming site to rule them all - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-25/streaming-site-daisuki-looks-to-aggregate-popular-anime-titles

Website to launch in April with plans to expand on consoles, tablets, and cell phones

President and CEO Kunihiko Shibata outlined plans for the anime streaming service Daisuki in an interview with Anime News Network staff on Saturday. Shibata stated Daisuki will aggregate popular anime titles currently available on multiple platforms in one place. Announced titles for Daisuki include Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mobile Suit Gundam, One Piece, Lupin the 3rd, and Prince of Tennis. These series are available separately on various streaming websites such as Crunchyroll, Funimation, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, and Viz Media. Daisuki will bring these titles to one spot for the audience.

"Well, for example, you can watch One Piece on Funimation," Shibata said. "You can watch [Madoka Magica] on Crunchyroll. You can see each show at a certain website, but fans don't want to take the trouble to look at a lot of different websites. It's not exclusive, but you can see all the shows on Daisuki."

Shibata stressed that the company is looking to work side by side with Funimation and Crunchyroll, and Daisuki has no plans to pull series' licenses from those websites.

Daisuki is made up of Japanese anime studios and production companies Aniplex, Sunrise, Toei Animation, TMS Entertainment, Nihon Ad Systems (NAS), Dentsu, and Asatsu-DK (ADK). Services will launch in April on the web, with plans to expand to tablets, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles, and cell phones. Initially, the site will only offer titles owned by its shareholders, but may work with other studios to stream content in the future. Daisuki also plans to stream anime titles nearly simultaneously with their Japanese broadcasts, as well as live events, and also plans to sell anime tie-in goods on the website.
Mar 26, 2013 12:18 AM

May 2008
Is this the same thing as the news here?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-26/nikkei/adk-toei-aniplex-sunrise-tms-nas-dentsu-to-stream-anime-overseas

Or are they mutually exclusive? If so, competition. Doesn't matter either way -- these are excellent ways for us to finally support the industry directly.
Mar 26, 2013 12:22 AM

Jan 2009
FauxAzn said:
Is this the same thing as the news here?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-26/nikkei/adk-toei-aniplex-sunrise-tms-nas-dentsu-to-stream-anime-overseas

Or are they mutually exclusive? If so, competition. Doesn't matter either way -- these are excellent ways for us to finally support the industry directly.

ye i think its thesame thing, the keyword is "Daisuki" which is the name of the upcoming legal streaming website
Mar 26, 2013 12:44 AM

May 2008
Cool! Well again, it's about damn time honestly. Hopefully we won't have to worry too much about this stupid, languid, and utterly stubborn industry much longer. With this, they seem to be getting smarter. I hope this is just the first step.
Mar 26, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2013
Jesus, this in an inexplicably good idea.
I’m just excited to see my Lord and Savior, Baphomet, represented in such glorious Italian stone. I do hope his eyes gaze upon me and that my allegiance is recognized.

Mar 26, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2012
Finally they are waking up.

Let us give you our monies for animu.
Critic.

More topics from this board

» What anime tend to get grouped together despite being at least somewhat different from each other, in your opinion? (Think Barbie and Oppenheimer)

arinthach - Apr 11

22 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

18 by AverageRiceFan »»
7 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

129 by FFandMMfan »»
15 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by AverageRiceFan »»
17 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

71 by AverageRiceFan »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.