Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2008 12:20 AM

Jan 2008
I found this randomly on the ineternet and I thought it's fun to share it here :D

You have a container full of Kimchi in your fridge right now.

You or your parents start singing when drunk.

The main reason why you want to go to college out of state is that you can get away from your parents.

Your parents are shorter than you.

You call a Korean older than you "Oppa/Hyung" or "Unnee/Nuna"

Your parents think church is a social event.

You had to miss out on Saturday morning cartoons as a child, attending the dreaded Korean School.

"No-Rae-Bang" is a common household word.

Your main source of income is New Year's.

Everyone asks if you're Chinese.

Your parents think anything goes with rice.

Your parents have never kissed you.

Your parents have never kissed each other.

Failing a class means finding a new place to live.

Your mom rents Korean soap operas and watches them daily.

Sleeping on the floor is nothing new to you.

Your parents yell your Korean name REAL loud in public places.

No matter how hard they try, your parents will never pronounce "wood" correctly.

You think ramen is the fifth food group.

You have to translate for your parents when ordering fast food.

Your mother has a short haired, curly perm.

Your parents still tried to get you into places half-price saying you're 12 when you're really 14.

You ask your parents help on your math homework and 2 hours later they're still lecturing you about how they knew it in 4th grade.

You have a 40 lb. bag of rice in your pantry.

You've had a bowl haircut in one part in your life.

You've had to sit through karaoke videos with ugly Asian women attempting to dance in a temple or park.

You've had to eat parts of animals they don't even put in hot dogs.

Piles of shoes tend to make it hard to open the front, back, and closet doors.

You hear (your name + eee (optional) + yah) every time someone calls you.

Your parents insist you marry someone Korean.

People see a bunch of scribble on chopsticks and ask you to translate.

Your parents simply cut off the green/black part off the bread and say "Eat it anyway, it's good for you."

Your parents have either forced you to play the piano, violin, or both.

Your parents read about some super nerd who has no life and got in the paper for scoring highest in the SATs and ask why you can't be more like him.

When an Asian girl with a white guy or an Asian guy with a white girl walks by, your parents STARE at them with their eyes popping out.

When you go to buffets, your parents make you eat until you think you're going to hurl, and even after you do, they say, "Good, eat more."

Your parents never participated in the "American" traditions of Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. You'll say, "Where's Santa Claus?" and they'll reply, "Santa Claus! Ptch! He's dead!" And then you'll start crying.

After you're get off the phone with someone from the opposite sex, your parents will start interrogating you about that person. You'll talk to someone from the opposite sex two days in a row, and your parents immediately think there's something going on.

You bring home straight As, and your parents say, "So? You're supposed to get that!"

When the bill comes, you practically beat each other up- saying that YOU'LL pay for the bill.

You either have to be a doctor, lawyer, or some big-time business tycoon.

There's a bottle of Soju in your parents' fridge.

You can't believe your parents could have conceived children.

You go out two Fridays in a row, and they yell that you go out too much.

You have the ability to tell the different Asians apart (i.e. Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese).

When you had your first loose tooth, your parents promised to not to pull it out but just to LOOK at it, but when they did, they just yanked the baby out.

You think EVERYTHING is racial, like if someone is mildly rude to you.

You ridicule your parents' or Korean-Korean friends' taste in melodramatic K-dramas and K-pop, but you secretly watch and listen to it in your bedroom.

You think that anybody who doesn't agree that Francesco Totti OBVIOUSLY deserved a second yellow card in the 2002 World Cup is a racist.

You become physically ill when you are forced to consider the fact that in the past, maybe, just maybe, your parents actually had sex.

Your parents don't believe that partying and socializing with girls/boys is a healthy part of teenage life.

Your parents regard marrying a Chinese person as "interracial marriage".

You think that anybody who makes a less-than-laudatory remark about an Asian athlete must be a racist.

You regard archery just as much as a sport as boxing.

You get the sudden urge to speak Korean when around Korean people, even if they are majoring in English composition.

You have unwavering pride in the fact that despite Korea's historical hardships (being surrounded by China, Japan, and Russia), it has stood strong and now possesses the world's 11th richest economy.

You think Bush and his neo-conservative agenda is more dangerous to the world than Kim Jong-Il and his nukes.

You have to constantly explain to non-Koreans that kimchi is not a meal in itself, but just a side dish.

You feel great pride in the fact that Harold in "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" is Korean.

You have conflicting feelings about eating dogs: On one hand, you hate the few weird Koreans who actually do it, but on the other, you hate the judgmental non-Koreans who have arbitrarily decided that slaughtering bunnies and lambs are okay, but eating dogs is savage.

You think Tae Kwon Do can beat up Kung Fu, Judo, and Karate put together.

You know what short track speed skating is and you eagerly watch it every 4 years in the Winter Olympics.

Your parents regale you with stories about some kid they know who not only gets straight A's, but also speaks 10 languages (preferably all Asian ones), has saved the world at least twice, and is a mean golfer. And when you say, "Oh yeah, who is it? What's his/her name?", they fluster and try to find an escape route.

You point out the fact that the average South Korean male is about as tall as the average Frenchman, Italian, or Spaniard (source: Wikipedia "human height") when some dumbass inevitably cracks the "Asian guys are short" joke. Not that we care really: beauty is within.

AND PERHAPS MOSTLY IMPORTANTLY, AS MUCH AS YOU MAY COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL THINGS KOREAN, YOU'LL KNOCK THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ANYBODY WHO DARES TO SAY ONE BAD THING ABOUT US!

You're proud to be Korean - and you pass these jokes on to all your Korean friends!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 3, 2008 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
I laughed so hard at this quote since my parents do this to my brother who dates white girls.
Hyesungie said:
When an Asian girl with a white guy or an Asian guy with a white girl walks by, your parents STARE at them with their eyes popping out.

Most of the other information in the list is true xD.
I personally am very loyal to my parents and I will probably will be encourage to marry a Korean girl.
Hyesungie said:

This is so true since most people don't give a s**t about church even if they say they love god and stuff.
Dec 8, 2008 7:48 PM

Feb 2008
- So true! haha (Well, my mom and I love Kimchi >.<)

- Yeah, my dad does :P

The main reason why you want to go to college out of state is that you can get away from your parents.
- Not exactly but I guess it's one of my reasons. lol

- Well, kind of? haha

- Of course! Respect here!

- Nah, not really. But I think it is lol

You had to miss out on Saturday morning cartoons as a child, attending the dreaded Korean School.
- Well, not Korean School but something else. I was really mad then :P

- YEAH!! 노래방! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- OH YEAH!! HAHA

- Yeah, it really sucked. (NO OFFENSE)

- Hmm, kind of?

- Umm, yeah they do;

- Hmm, thinking about it...I've never seen them hahaha

- Kinda? haha

- Nope haha

- Yup~

- Sometimes :P

No matter how hard they try, your parents will never pronounce "wood" correctly.
- My dad does but not my mom. But my mom does pronounce well haha

- YEAH! hahaha

- Yup, of course.

- Yup, haha (아줌마 ㅋ)

Your parents still tried to get you into places half-price saying you're 12 when you're really 14.
- Long ago, yes.

You ask your parents help on your math homework and 2 hours later they're still lecturing you about how they knew it in 4th grade.
- Nope;

- I think so? But I don't think it's 40 lb. lol

- No way :P

You've had to sit through karaoke videos with ugly Asian women attempting to dance in a temple or park.
- Umm, nope.

- Huh?? really? lol

- Nope not really...

You hear (your name + eee (optional) + ah) every time someone calls you.
- Yup, always hahaha

- Yeah, so picky... I don't want to though :P

- Nah haha

Your parents simply cut off the green/black part off the bread and say "Eat it anyway, it's good for you."
- Yeah, I try to deny it but they won't allow me.

- Yes...T-T;

Your parents read about some super nerd who has no life and got in the paper for scoring highest in the SATs and ask why you can't be more like him.
- Yeah, that was so annoying.

- Nah, not really.

When you go to buffets, your parents make you eat until you think you're going to hurl, and even after you do, they say, "Good, eat more."
- Yeah, they always do. lol

Your parents never participated in the "American" traditions of Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. You'll say, "Where's Santa Claus?" and they'll reply, "Santa Claus! Ptch! He's dead!" And then you'll start crying.
- No, that's really mean.

After you're get off the phone with someone from the opposite sex, your parents will start interrogating you about that person. You'll talk to someone from the opposite sex two days in a row, and your parents immediately think there's something going on.
- Well, they don't know who I talk to hahaha

You bring home straight As, and your parents say, "So? You're supposed to get that!"
- Yeah, they're like. Keep getting that.

When the bill comes, you practically beat each other up- saying that YOU'LL pay for the bill.
- Nope;

- Eww no!

- Used to haha

- Hmm...lol

- Hmm, I haven't gone out for a while.

You have the ability to tell the different Asians apart (i.e. Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese).
- Kind of? hahaha

When you had your first loose tooth, your parents promised to not to pull it out but just to LOOK at it, but when they did, they just yanked the baby out.
- Nah haha

- Hmm, kind of?

You ridicule your parents' or Korean-Korean friends' taste in melodramatic K-dramas and K-pop, but you secretly watch and listen to it in your bedroom.
- Yes hahaha (Who doesn't?)

You think that anybody who doesn't agree that Francesco Totti OBVIOUSLY deserved a second yellow card in the 2002 World Cup is a racist.
- Who?

You become physically ill when you are forced to consider the fact that in the past, maybe, just maybe, your parents actually had sex.
- What?

Your parents don't believe that partying and socializing with girls/boys is a healthy part of teenage life.
- Yeah, they're like don't have that.

- No clue...I don't have a Chinese bf -.-;;

You think that anybody who makes a less-than-laudatory remark about an Asian athlete must be a racist.
- Not really

- Yes! haha

You get the sudden urge to speak Korean when around Korean people, even if they are majoring in English composition.
- Yeah, haha

You have unwavering pride in the fact that despite Korea's historical hardships (being surrounded by China, Japan, and Russia), it has stood strong and now possesses the world's 11th richest economy.
- Hmm, maybe? lol

You think Bush and his neo-conservative agenda is more dangerous to the world than Kim Jong-Il and his nukes.
- Not really? lol

You have to constantly explain to non-Koreans that kimchi is not a meal in itself, but just a side dish.
- Nope

You feel great pride in the fact that Harold in "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" is Korean.
- What is that? lol

You have conflicting feelings about eating dogs: On one hand, you hate the few weird Koreans who actually do it, but on the other, you hate the judgmental non-Koreans who have arbitrarily decided that slaughtering bunnies and lambs are okay, but eating dogs is savage.
- NEVER EAT THOSE :P

- Hmm, maybe? lol

You know what short track speed skating is and you eagerly watch it every 4 years in the Winter Olympics.
- Not eagerly lol

Your parents regale you with stories about some kid they know who not only gets straight A's, but also speaks 10 languages (preferably all Asian ones), has saved the world at least twice, and is a mean golfer. And when you say, "Oh yeah, who is it? What's his/her name?", they fluster and try to find an escape route.
- Yeah...-.-;;

You point out the fact that the average South Korean male is about as tall as the average Frenchman, Italian, or Spaniard (source: Wikipedia "human height") when some dumbass inevitably cracks the "Asian guys are short" joke. Not that we care really: beauty is within.
- Yup haha

AND PERHAPS MOSTLY IMPORTANTLY, AS MUCH AS YOU MAY COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL THINGS KOREAN, YOU'LL KNOCK THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ANYBODY WHO DARES TO SAY ONE BAD THING ABOUT US!
- Yeah!! SERIOUSLY! haha

You're proud to be Korean - and you pass these jokes on to all your Korean friends!
- Maybe some? lol But I have Korean Pride >.<
Dec 10, 2008 4:44 PM

May 2008
my mom's lazy.. I wanted my ramen with some kimchii but there was none. Such a disappointment. Later I asked if she was really korean XD

ahh very true. have our own little noe rae bang thing. but they hardly get drunk since we've moving to a boring place.

YESS! actually I hate the state I live in also.

Ahh I'm getting there.

mm yes. Even when I am in school I have an urge to call them that but I end up just not saying their name or anything altogether. I just feel awkward calling elders by their name.. plus I have a habit of bowing my head to people slightly.

very unreligious parents. But my mom does occasionally go when invited by friends.

Never been forced to go! WOOT!

not really.. -_-

I wish..

wish they didn't ;~;

So do I. Rice is my favorite food!

yes but not often anymore.

I've seen them once. ughh..

no..

I think I enjoy them more than my mom does..

nope! ^o^

oh my! yes!

I'm going to ask them to later MUAHAHAHA~

mm yes!

I translate most everything for them..

she's been lazy and hasn't gone to the salon...

no that wouldn't work.

haha no.

yes

Luckily no. >_<

AHA! WHAT?! Dunno about that..

eww no..

I own like 5 pairs??

I thought of my mom saying that just now. -_-

they imply(?) it?

yes. or anything they find.

BAHA. NOPE!

piano. no good memories.

not yet.

no

nope I barely finish one bowl of rice all the time.

AWW thats horrible. My tooth fairy gave me 20 bucks once.

my parents seem really laid back from reading all this.

my mom seems content.

my mom makes me write the checks anyway.

nah planned to be a dentist before all that but they do bring it up and I start going on about how money isn't everything as long as your happy with what you're doing.

no alcohol.

nahh they're sweet

only if I make them pick me up everyday.

YES! I am GREAT.

I begged my dad to pull if out for me when it wasn't even ready to be pulled out..

nah..

haha no

too young to know

oh crick.... but they love each other. ^_^

nooo

yes.

eh haven't talked about asian athletes much.

archery? never really cared.

haha guilty!

Yes.

no..

no I say that first when they ask what it is.

should I?

that just sounds disgusting.

Actually I think kung fu might...

noo.

HAHA NO!!

never got a crack like that.

I don't really complain but OF COURSE!

KOREAN PRIDE ALL THE WAY!

By the way, I'm an ABK (American Born Korean >_<) and people wish they had my parents.
Dec 10, 2008 5:30 PM

Jan 2008
neow_neow said:
- Yup, haha (아줌마 ㅋ)

haha that made me laugh :P your mom does have ajumma's hairsyle XDD good thing my mom doesn't :P
Dec 13, 2008 6:22 AM

Jan 2008
my mom's lazy.. actually theres like 3 -_-"

they never gotten drunk

hell ya

yeah i stopped growing i think but my dad is shrinking :P

haha... no i stopped i forgot about doing that

eh maybe my mom once a while but she doesnt go to church as shes too busy- she tries to take me along once in a while but hasnt suceeded

omg yea!!

no

yeah

yeah and they never ask it again

yea..

nope never! nada~!

never~!

yup. having A- means death

now she watches them full volume on my computer

no

yea... and they speak the argument(my dad) loud in english

hmm their pretty good at english but they just cant say Calcium(Cal-Shum) XD and Worksheet] Workshit

maybe :P

nah

ew yea

b4 they did but im 14 now and people think im a junior or in college so it wouldnt work

they dont help me in the first place

yes

ew nooo~!!

O_O what?

nope thankfully

yeah

... yeah

my mom always asks if a friend or person is korean as the first question rather than oh how is he or oh is she nice? so pretty much yeah

yes. or anything they find.

yeah...

piano. we were too poor for violin back then

yeah

nah cause they always work

yes every meal

lolll no

haha yeah

well their content except they'd say why arent they straight A+'s?

no

haha mom wants me to be pharmacist fuck no i say prosecutor or architect or Investigator and she says noooo

nope

haha XD yea

mostly mom

yup its a cool gift

haha yeah

hmm idk not really once a while

i dont ridicule it cause i listen to K-pop but i dislike most K-dramas cause its always a triangle love story and then they kill themselves in the end. but Spring Waltz and Full House and Winter Sonata and some others were really good ^^

havent heard anyone talk about him

and mentally ill...

sometimes

yes.

only if they go on and on about it

hehe yeah

once a while

Yes.

no..

once a while i do cause 99% of ppl in here dont even know kimchi exists

i thought he was korean but wasnt sure

... ew

everything is too westernized so they all suck now(i take tae kwon do but its like a sport now which sucks) Karate and Tkd are the same, judo is throwing mostly, and Kung fu damn the excersises are hard. so idk

no interest

oh they know the name

yeah and he never said it again

Yup- everyone in my school should know by now of course i am not too psycho

Krn pride yeahhh ^^
CeroStrifeDec 13, 2008 6:40 AM
Dec 13, 2008 3:35 PM

Oct 2007
lawlz. most of these are true, and it does get a little frustrating sometimes, but i love being Korean ^^ and my Korean parents... they only want what's best for me X333

Dec 15, 2008 2:37 AM

Mar 2008
lols might as well comment on every one of these:

- Damn Straight

- lolz parent's aren't so fond of alcohol.

- I've been away from my parents for over 5 years now. (explanation maybe some other time)

- Mum yes, Dad im catching up to him :D

- of course

- grandparents think so.

- for 2 years then i stopped going, ive been fully integrated to the white Australian society.

- That's just stupid

- Hell no

- Half and Half

- Ignorance is bliss

- Who kisses their parents ewww, ...on the cheek yes except for dad thats just wrong

- pff, how do you expect them to conceive me if they haven't even kissed 0.0

- I expect myself that below 90% is failing a class, that is my own expectation

- We got cable :D

- Damn straight

- Grandparents too, every embarressing

- Nop

- lols.... yeah

- nop

- no

- Grandparents did lol

- nop, im ace's at maths

- hell yeah

- hell no

- not forced to sit through one but ive seen it.

- I love it, especially the intestines and stomach.

- hmmm no

-yeh

- sort of but they don't really mind as long as im happy :D

- lols yeh, then when i say 'im korean' they say 'your all Asian'

- wtf

- nop, i choose to play clarinet though lols

- no, my parents are pretty cool about this expectation to do well.

- nop, my dad once asked whether i would marry a white girl theni i replied "Dad, i like to keep my options open, except [a certain colour which i will not name, no offence, thought it is offensive]"

- Grandparents yet again

- Hell no, we participate!

- lol i wish

- no

-no

- No i want to be a doctor

- no

- nop, love em :), but some of Korean friends parents hate each other i was surprised they had kids.

- nop, my aunt insists i stay home and study, while my dads like go out and get a girlfriend, and stop being a nerd.

- dam street, i also have the sense of predicting which of my teachers will get pregnant (2 out of 2) dam straight!

- no

- LoL no but i do act it out, i love to play with stereotypes.

- no, i like some k-dramas but i do not like to make my parents feel bad about their tastes.

- lol not a racistis but fucking stupid, Song clearly touched the ball first and Totti dived.

- No, and i dont like to venture into that area.

- no my dad is all for it

- ...no

- no, but like i said i just pretend to, i love milking stereotypes.

- Dam striaght, go the Korean Archer Team!!

- Yes

- lols.... really

- wtf,

- YES, LOLS, one of my friends ate kimchi even when the meals weren't out yet and asked why it was what can i say hmmm 'sourish' lols.

- yes and Escape from Gutanamo bay

- I have eaten dogs, but parents and their friends said it was beef, i finally found out one of favourite dishes was actually dog meat...no comment

- Damn Straight!!

-lols no

- no

- lol, u and i both know we care

- Already have :D

- Damn Straight!
DaeScopeDec 16, 2008 5:54 AM
Jan 5, 2009 12:43 PM

Mar 2008
DaeScope said:
lols might as well comment on every one of these

Haha, yup yup...

Jan 9, 2009 2:48 PM

Dec 2008
Vyk said:
DaeScope said:
lols might as well comment on every one of these

Haha, yup yup...

Amazing Vyk, I don't think that I even have the attention span to do what you did :P
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jan 17, 2009 9:47 AM
Sep 2008
"There's a bottle of Soju in your parents' fridge. "

Yep.
Jan 26, 2009 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
This was quite a laugh for me. I have read many of these sort of things, but this one topped the cake. xD

Hyesungie said:

...Now how did you know?

Hyesungie said:

It's always, whose house for small group...

Hyesungie said:

And i certainly learned nothing out of it.

Hyesungie said:

Actually someone asked me if i was North korean........O.O

Hyesungie said:

Unless your mom has discovered crunchyroll, veoh or pangtv

Hyesungie said:

Wow, that was a surprise to read but so true. xD

Hyesungie said:

It's a gift any Korean/Asian has really. ^_^

Hyesungie said:

Lol.

Aug 22, 2009 5:36 AM

Jul 2009
Hmm you should add 'plays starcraft 100 hours a week' :D
Sep 11, 2009 7:19 AM

Oct 2008
Starcraft dead its all about playing sudden attack for too many hours you don't even remeber
Oct 18, 2009 8:27 PM

Jun 2008

So true.
Nov 18, 2010 7:31 PM
Apr 2010
That list is missing the most important sport in Korea...STARCRAFT!!!
Jan 10, 2012 11:46 PM

Oct 2008
"You have a container full of Kimchi in your fridge right now."

How?? How did you know!?!? STALKER!!!

"You become physically ill when you are forced to consider the fact that in the past, maybe, just maybe, your parents actually had sex."

I think this one applies to ALL kids of ALL RACES. Besides, my parents didn't do.. THAT. The stork brought me! For Real! ....SHUT UP THAT'S THE TRUTH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hahahaha this was hilarious XD A few of those can apply to almost any culture out there though, just a simple change of a few words and voila :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Where do you live?

DaeScope - Oct 23, 2008

22 by seiryuureborn »»
Jan 12, 2016 7:48 AM

» Some Anime with Korean dub

Shuidee - Mar 4, 2008

15 by luciferi »»
Oct 27, 2012 7:03 PM

» Introduce yourself ~

Shuidee - Dec 9, 2008

14 by Chicken_Ramen »»
Nov 17, 2010 5:33 AM

» Stuff Korean Moms Like

zSolaris - Jun 15, 2010

0 by zSolaris »»
Jun 15, 2010 5:09 PM

» Help needed!

gorki - Dec 14, 2009

0 by gorki »»
Dec 14, 2009 2:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.