Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2008 1:44 PM

May 2007

It's all began when someone on some forum asked which one is the best for both cans.I know both of them are not that expensive (less then $50) but at some people standard, it's pretty high for them.Luckily my fren have the ATH T22 while my housemate got the shp2700.So I decided to make a review out of those two since I'm bored as f**k at the moment :D

Ok let's start with some few song that I listen pretty much lately (most of them are in FLAC btw) :clap:

ANZA - Tobira Wo Akete

One of the best OP song in anime series,Cardcaptor Sakura

- ATH-T22

The song is abit muddy but the bass inside is superb.Too bad the bass is actually the cause of all those muddy sounds.The muddiness amplified when ANZA started to scream abit.Not good if you really wanna enjoy this kind of vocal song

- SHP2700

I can hear more detail with this one seriously since the muddy sound that I heard on ATH-T22 is gone for good.The bass is not as dynamic as the ATH-T22 but heck I enjoyed this one alot.More detail on this song just make it more enjoyable to listen srsly

Enya - Orinoco Flow

One of my favourite "new age" song.Can really bring peace to your mind and soul at times

- ATH-T22

As usual it's a bit muddy but not as horrible as previous song that I played just now.The soundstage is remarkable.I just can't seem to stop listening the song itself for quite a while already

- SHP2700

Less muddy but I cannot feel the awesome soundstage that I just feel with ATH-T22 :sweat:

Mariah Carey - Hero

Great song to listen at 4am in the morning

- ATH-T22

No-brainer.win hands down due the fact the soundstage is far more superior then SHP2700.

- SHP2700

Feels flat.Not fun at all but the detail is sharp as usual

THE DYING BREED - My World Down

ED song for BECKS.Pretty awesome IMHO

- ATH-T22

Feel weird in my side.Although there's no distortion but the sound is not that clean enough compared to SHP2700

- SHP2700

Cleaner,better sound just make the song more meaningful to listen.Great.

50 Cent - In da Club

Hip Hop song yo

- ATH-T22

Fun.Enjoyed the song really thanks to it's superb bass that been produced here

- SHP2700

Lack bass.Horrible.

I can say is that those two headphones served me very well if I choose which song is suitable for those two cans that I use.I can conclude that Audio Technica ATH-T22 is much2 better for any techno,hip-hop and some english vocal songs thanks to its awesome soundstage and good "thud" bass but beware it's muddy sound.It's will be your worse nightmare if you choose a wrong song to play with it.The good thing about SHP2700 is that most of vocal songs (note:animu song) that i listened to are awesome with this can thanks to it cleaner,more detail sound that it produced.About lacking bass problem,from my past experience if you use WMP11 EQ to listen to the song,I can say that the bass problem will be gone just like that.

Anyway for all rounder ATH-T22 is the best choice you can get so far.But for poeple who really care about the detail while ignoring the bass might consider shp2700 as your perfect companion for listening pleasure :D
Hitman66Nov 25, 2008 2:00 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Your head-/ear-phone collection ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

De-JaY - Aug 7, 2008

244 by emijackson8 »»
Oct 29, 2021 9:00 PM

» Your first DIY headphone repair

Erojohn - Apr 27, 2011

4 by janggeungulk »»
Dec 4, 2013 2:15 AM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Headphones Member Cards ( 1 2 3 )

Kyonzi - Sep 7, 2010

107 by Cresando »»
May 8, 2013 3:35 AM

» DJ Headphones < $100

abcwikiwiki - Nov 8, 2009

1 by Crakeling »»
Jan 5, 2013 11:26 AM

» Any suggestions for what headphones i should get?

YuzuruKun - Oct 28, 2011

3 by Crakeling »»
Jan 5, 2013 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.