Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2007 9:21 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So how did you all like that?? :P

it really was a nice boat...

i have the raw running on my tv right now... its so calm and relaxing i cant believe how GREAT this episode is :)

IF you HAVENT SEEN IT DONT LOOK:

anyone know where they filmed the final episode?? i wanna take a trip there...
RanivusSep 20, 2007 9:54 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Sep 20, 2007 9:23 PM

Oct 2006
that was a NICE BOAT :>
Sep 20, 2007 9:25 PM

Feb 2007
zomg that boat!

MOST EPIC ENDING EVER!!
Sep 20, 2007 9:27 PM

Jun 2007
I heard the boat sank in the unaired edition.
Sep 20, 2007 9:27 PM

Mar 2007
I seriously cried at the ending...

at about 12th minute of the show

Sep 20, 2007 9:38 PM

Mar 2007
Best. Episode. Ever.
I want a boat like that too.
Sep 20, 2007 10:17 PM

Jan 2007
A nice boat indeed. Slice of Life at its best :D
Sep 20, 2007 10:19 PM

Mar 2007
Literally?? :P

Sep 20, 2007 10:20 PM

Aug 2007
Is Makoto the ship's captain????
Sep 21, 2007 5:26 AM

Mar 2007
i only have a 3 minute clip of the whole show... damn if anyone know the torrent for the HD version of the torrent can someone PM me please.

divx sucks, 315mb for 3 minutes of 720p video :(

Sep 21, 2007 5:43 AM

Feb 2007
Oh Rani, what will you do next? xD

If any of the main characters are on the boat, there better be a damn iceberg nearby for a Titanic ending.
Sep 21, 2007 10:06 AM

Aug 2007
Ranivus said:
i only have a 3 minute clip of the whole show... damn if anyone know the torrent for the HD version of the torrent can someone PM me please.

divx sucks, 315mb for 3 minutes of 720p video :(

When I first downloaded the episode it was about 650 Mb and 28 minutes long
Sep 21, 2007 11:50 AM

Sep 2007
Lol NICE BOAT! ~ Japan fails because of taking shows off the air for lame reasons. (imo)

Apparently Nice Boat episode is the equivalent of the obligatory hot springs/bath episode.
But, seriously, they should air the episode soon ~
Sep 21, 2007 11:54 AM

Mar 2007
jeprox_99876 said:
Lol NICE BOAT! ~ Japan fails because of taking shows off the air for lame reasons. (imo)

Apparently Nice Boat episode is the equivalent of the obligatory hot springs/bath episode.
But, seriously, they should air the episode soon ~

I would go into that many wrong reasons but since the moderators are NEVER on my side im just goin to say i disagree with you

...imo ^_^

Sep 26, 2007 4:07 PM

Apr 2007
As Ravenhood mentioned, it has been rescheduled:

The official Japanese sites for the School Days anime series and the AT-X anime satellite channel have announced that AT-X will run the 12th and last episode on Thursday at 9:30 p.m. JST and repeat next Tuesday morning at 12:30 a.m. Those will be the first public showings of this reportedly violent episode, since all over-the-air broadcasters preempted it after an axe murder was allegedly committed by a schoolgirl in Kyoto, Japan last week. School Days normally runs on those days at 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. during the daytime, but AT-X will repeat the 11th episode in those timeslots instead.
Sep 27, 2007 9:21 AM

Mar 2007
K, now that was a interesting episode. We get a Makoto in a bag and Sekai's empty open belly! And a romantic boat scene in the end! Now last weeks episode makes even more sense.
I loved this show for all the emotions it brought forth. Never been like that in an anime before ever, this really is a masterpiece and a definite 10/10 from my side.

And for the epic screenshots:

Edit-
Forgot to mention this is the worst anime ever, but it's at the sametime one of the best ones I've seen.
Edit-2
Awsome ink spraying everywhere too!
SobzobSep 27, 2007 9:31 AM
Sep 27, 2007 10:14 AM

Apr 2007
So...

Sep 27, 2007 12:41 PM

Jun 2007
Haven't been keeping tabs on this series, but I did check out the finale to see what all the hullabaloo was about.

Holy FRICK, that was a disturbing ending.
Sep 27, 2007 1:04 PM
Sep 2007
Anyone mind telling where I can grab ep 12?
Sep 27, 2007 1:40 PM

Mar 2007
Crackalak said:
Anyone mind telling where I can grab ep 12?

Right now, Raw on http://www.tokyotosho.com/
I guess it will be subbed pretty soon.
Sep 27, 2007 2:27 PM

Jun 2007
HURRAY,Makoto is dead.....HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is dead....He got wat he deserve..
Sep 27, 2007 4:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Crazy shit, but strangely entertaining. Never though I'd see something like this when I put School Days on my anime list.

7/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 27, 2007 4:30 PM

Sep 2007
That was really a love it or hate it episode, you'd either jump for joy when Makoto got shanked then stabbed repeatedly or say it's completely wrong, twisted, and whoever wrote it has psychological problems.
I would like to add that those who began watching it but dropped it before seeing it through to the end really missed out/wasted their time.

P.S. The subbed version by m.3.3.w is out.
"A ray of Hope....a vague Wish...can only spark from Despair.
-C.C.- Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch
Sep 27, 2007 4:37 PM

Jan 2007
this episode wins hard. I loved their original "bad" end. its worth the pain of going through first 11 episodes. I cant wait to see the unedited version. Hurry up dvd's.
Faust721Sep 27, 2007 4:45 PM
Sep 27, 2007 5:02 PM
Jul 2007
Oh my GOD. That was freaking awesome! I loved both murder scenes. I'm so disappointed that this version was edited though... I can't wait for the unedited one =D

So Sekai was never pregnant? Wtf? But wasn't she throwing up in an earlier episode, then the realization of her pregnancy was seen in her eyes?
Sep 27, 2007 5:09 PM
Jul 2007
Itachi-san said:
So...

'like a cow'? How so...? >_>;
Sep 27, 2007 5:46 PM

Jun 2007
My god, this episode killed me. it creeped me out and made me want to bang my head against the wall. and i actually felt rly bad for makoto DX i still dont rly like sekai, but i kinda felt bad for her....anyway, it was just like "OMGWTFLOLBBQalsdjf;laskdjf" like that -_-

Sep 27, 2007 5:58 PM

Dec 2006
“Just as I thought, it was a lie. There’s no one inside.” <— Best. Line. Ever.

Sep 27, 2007 6:00 PM
Dec 2006
Well for those who want the episode subbed is already subbed by m33w (group of gods XD) and can be grab by torrent, DD, or you can watch in the page the quality is awesome

http://m33w-fansubs.com/

WTF WITH THIS PEOPLE... I MEAN SADISTIC WAS THE EPISODE... TOTALLY BLOW MY MIND AND I THINK THE MESSAGE OF THE ANIME IS THAT WOMANS ARE CRAZY AND WILL KILL YOU, BECOME GAY EVERYONE IS HAPPPY, XD ANYWAY PEOPLE JUST WATCH IT IS ONE HELL ON AN EPISODE.... YOU THINK YOU ARE NOT LOSING ANYTHING... OH I BEG TO DIFFER JUST WATHC THE DAMN EPISODE

loli_slayer said:
“Just as I thought, it was a lie. There’s no one inside.” <— Best. Line. Ever.

THAT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME

Sep 27, 2007 6:12 PM

May 2007
That was the greatest thing I have ever seen. Ever. Pure win.

Justice >.<

And the restricted rating finally showed up.
Sep 27, 2007 6:14 PM

May 2007
Wow. What an ending. I'm glad I kept watching the series. It was worth it.
Sep 27, 2007 6:16 PM

Dec 2006
can't wait for the uncensored DVD for real blood and more stabby

Sep 27, 2007 6:51 PM

Oct 2006
Sweet Ep...

Twiffle said:
So Sekai was never pregnant? Wtf? But wasn't she throwing up in an earlier episode, then the realization of her pregnancy was seen in her eyes?

She was, but its early days and the child would not have been developed enough. Kotonoha is no medical expert is she, although she did some pretty nifty work on Makoto's Corpse, maybe forensics is just right for her.
Sep 27, 2007 6:57 PM

Jul 2007
The ending made up for the last few episodes. Especially that final scene on the (nice) boat. So creepy.
Sep 27, 2007 6:57 PM

Sep 2007
I dropped the series due to my hatred of Makoto, but I just watched the last episode and I started laughing my ass off when he got shanked. It should have been a more violent death for that pile of crap.
Sep 27, 2007 7:07 PM

Aug 2007
well all i can say is that this is the goriest last episode i ever did see, but im kinda glad Makoto died but its just weird that Kotonoha was holding his head in the head but hey shes a psycho
Sep 27, 2007 7:14 PM

Sep 2007
This episode was made of PURE WIN!
Makoto's death was so damn joyful.

The lesson is: everyone is damn irresponsible and may go insane. Psycho ppl are everywhere. Take care, don't cheat your girlfriend or you'll end up having your bowels taken out of your belly!

BTW: NICE BOAT!
Sep 27, 2007 7:16 PM
Jun 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
its just weird that Kotonoha was holding his head in the head but hey shes a psycho

Yea she went off the deep end. At the same time its hard not to see how she could go off the deep end. Makoto was her first love and first boyfriend, she said she was always teased and made fun of. Then she was treated like shit, cheated on, lied to, and more. shes all of what 16? Then when she convinces her self everything is all good now, she comes over to his apartment to find out hes dead. Shes got some horrible luck.

IMO Sekai is the main one to blame for starting all of this. Not the fact that she got them together but that she lead Makoto on, she knew all he wanted was sex so once he got wind she was willing to give it up and Kotonoha wouldn't he was all over that. That IMO was the beginning of the end.
Sep 27, 2007 7:30 PM

Aug 2007
wowwww! great ending. The best thing was that OMGNICEBOAT!
Sep 27, 2007 7:41 PM

Jun 2007
The last ep was not as bad as I was expecting in terms of blood and killing. I'm happy they added the flash backs and cut screen sensors and the soothing music. Without that I think I would have went into depression.

Anyway, like I was saying the first few eps of the series when Makoto was making all these perverted choices, Mikoto was really just a confused teen. He had no experience dating before hand and that caused him to make so many messed up choices. Seki obviously didn't help either by kissing him and letting him have his way. So I was a bit happy that Makoto final said something like this when he was with Kotonoha. I think he actually started to understand all the shit he put her through but didnt understand it fully since he ended up ignoring Seki. Although he does try and make the effort to sit down with her and talk to her after the fact. It shows that he was still concerned with her well being.

In any case I'm fine with the ending. As long as Kotonoha lives on I'm happy :)
Sep 27, 2007 7:56 PM

Aug 2007
Was this episode edited or was it always intended for black blood? Although i doubt they're orcs.

Hope to believe it's the former to wait in anticpation for the dvd release and red blood.

As many have put it, best ending to any anime i've ever seen.

Sep 27, 2007 7:59 PM

Jan 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
Was this episode edited or was it always intended for black blood?

It was heavily edited and it was changed to the black due to the incedent. The uncut version apparently is much more gory.
Sep 27, 2007 8:19 PM

Feb 2007
Faust721 said:
OmegaJudgement said:
Was this episode edited or was it always intended for black blood?

It was heavily edited and it was changed to the black due to the incedent. The uncut version apparently is much more gory.

DVD bonus video :D

Sep 27, 2007 8:48 PM

Jul 2007
makoto's death made me happy, as he pissed me off so much. I really want to see the uncut version of this...
Sep 27, 2007 9:16 PM

Sep 2007
This episode won beyond all reason. It's too bad we all ended up having a general idea of what would happen because of the news of a murder causing the episode not to air. I suppose it worked out since I was tense the moment the title card showed up and shattered like glass.

A strange show, to say the least. At first I was thinking it would be a relatively innocent love triangle story, then when Makoto started sleeping around I could not help but continue watching until the end. I commend the staff behind the show for managing to keep me interested in something so frustrating for this long.

tl;dr, BEST END, nice boat, and Taisuke got away with no retribution whatsoever.
BerkutSep 27, 2007 9:22 PM
Sep 27, 2007 9:32 PM

Sep 2007
Yea... thank god Makoto got what was coming to him. For the first few episodes, I actually watched it because it looked like a good series. And then you get to see that Makoto is truly an idiot. I feel like the story could have been really good, especially with the really extravagant "unexpected" (it would have been anyway if the game endings hadn't been impossible to avoid) ending. After episode 5 or so, I really couldn't get into it anymore, since Makoto felt like such an unrealistic character. It's not as though he was a horny delinquent with low morals; I can except that kind of thing. The problem was, he had NO morals whatsoever, and that really pulled me out of the story. The only reason I continued watching this series was to see what infamous Bad End they would use. I'm rating this one as a 4.
Sep 27, 2007 9:45 PM

Aug 2006
I put off watching these episodes for a while (I stopped at Ep. 4). But I just marathoned 7-12 tonight and I was ready to kill Makoto myself by the end of it. I'm not sure I've ever wanted to off a character myself as bad as I did Makoto.

Sep 27, 2007 9:52 PM

Jan 2007
That was some twisted ending, something I did not expect, not from that kind of anime, I have some hints that something not right will happend in the end when katsura went haiwire. Although I cant really blame any of the 3 main characters of the story for doing what they did. Each of their action changed the ones around them. I would say the anime depicts the true worst case scenarios that can happen in real life; Greed kills, Makoto went too far in small period of time, from not getting any to doing it to 6 girls I think, and not respecting them which is partially Sayonji fault("I read on the forum, some of you people hate Makoto, but in the case of Makoto can be anyone, the nature made men they way they are, and if they have a chance of doing it non stop they will."). Sayonji was the one that made Makoto the way he is, from being shy to heartless bold. If Sayonji let Makoto be with Katsura or make him explain everething to Katsura from the begining that he is not going out with her without keeping her in the clouds, he would react to other girls differently and have respect for them and not just dumping them as Sayonji tought him. Katsura, looking at her was very shy and very fragile, and the shock that Sayonji and Makoto made , got her to go haiwire, make her phychologically unstable, and it work very vell on Katsura because of her personally, calm and fragile. To Katsura any kind of big shock would be a big danger. Similarely Sayonji received similar phychological shock from Makoto, she did not expect him to do to her what she has tought him indirectly, which made Sayonji go haywire. Also girls by nature are more likely to go haiwire than man do, because of the way they were, raised and brough over long period of time, that is why when there is a cat fight it is much different than a braul between man, men might beat the chit out of them but they dont received scars that are left for a long period of time(in most case screnarios), just a few bruises here and there. For girls on the other hand it is much different, when they fight(in most case scenario)they leave scars and bruises that last for a life time. Although some of you might disagree with me, and It cannot be said about all cat fights and brauls, but in general that is how it tends to be. Although in the case scenario of the anime, it was a love triangle between 2 girls and one boy, I cannot say what might have happened if it was another way around 2 boys and one girl. But I can say one thing at the end of episode 12 on the rooftop, Katsura said to Sayonji, only if Sayonji did not do what she did, non of this would have happened."I think, I might have mixed up the character, but i remember some saying that to Sayonji". I am not blaming Sayonji, nor Makoto, nor Katsura for what they did, it was cause and effect, and everyone played their role well, although we as viewers might not have hoped for an ending to be like that. Over all I think this is a very good anime, very educative, teaches about real life issues, and there are not too many of those around. This anime also point out the influence, cause and effect that happends to people.

The other thing that might have happened in this anime, if Sayonji might not have stepped in, is the similar result of 40 Year Old Virgin the movie, although on the other hand since he was popular with girls it might not have happened and he would not be as jerk as he was and would go out with the brown pony tail girl and stayed the way he was.

I didnt meant to write that much, also I am not an expert on physchology, those are just common fact what I have read or talked about with out people. Also many of would most likely disagree we me, but if you read a few articles about human phychology and behaviors, that might change you mind. One more thing, there is a quote "You dont judge the book by its cover" which applies to this anime, which means you cannot judge its character just by what he did, you need to know the person and also a quote from sherlock holmes books "You cant just look at the crime and judge people because of it, you need to look and movite of the crime, and the backround of the one who did" which has a few meanings, one of which is fairly clear and the other other one is crime what was commited by the person might be wrong, but what was the reason that the person went and did that crime or what was the reason that the person shose that path. The same reason could be looked much different depends on what are your beliefs are and how you look at things.
darksniperxSep 27, 2007 10:18 PM
Sep 27, 2007 10:34 PM

Aug 2007
darksniperx said:
. I would say the anime depicts the true worst case scenarios that can happen in real life

I really don't see how people can see school days as true...even as a worse case scenario. Although perhaps i'm just being naive.

Anyways congrats on doing an essay for the deep analysis to school days... Although i kinda lost interest after the part i quoted.

Sep 27, 2007 10:47 PM
Sep 2007
Wow...just....Wow

Muhahahahhahahahahhahahahah F*ker got his just desserts!
Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Phrosh - Aug 22, 2007

124 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 1:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.