Forum Settings
Forums

Mercilessly violent/gory anime with good plot that I haven't seen?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 3, 2012 2:09 PM

May 2009
DrunkenBlowfish said:
insan3soldiern said:
DrunkenBlowfish said:
Ya know, I finally got around to reading a couple of these arguments, and it all goes back to something my friend said about why they don't get on MAL, because no one can have an opinion without it being attacked.

No, it's not that he has an opinion. It's the fact that he writes off series because of a freaking wikipedia summary and skips to the "good stuff". If you are going to do that why even bother?

The only one it effects is him though. I mean, worst case scenario, he misses out on the "good stuff". Why does it matter?It doesn't affect me, it doesn't affect you. The only person it affects is him.

I'm proud to see that you learned from your mistake and corrected your sentence.
Dec 3, 2012 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
bergil said:

I'm proud to see that you learned from your mistake and corrected your sentence.

Well I did say thank you didn't I?
Dec 3, 2012 2:26 PM
Jul 2012
you guys are really hitting on my wikipedia-reading habit. I can't help it, it's like fish can't help but swim.
Dec 3, 2012 2:35 PM

Oct 2012
Man, I would totally read manga if all of them weren't ongoing. Pisses me off.

Dec 3, 2012 2:37 PM

May 2009
BTBAM said:
Man, I would totally read manga if all of them weren't ongoing. Pisses me off.

Is that a confession? Are you Catholic?
Dec 4, 2012 7:48 AM

Feb 2010
BTBAM said:
So did anyone actually watch Gyo yet? Still waiting to hear back on whether anyone actually puked or not.....

Yeah I've seen it a long time ago, was pretty awesome if you ask me. And no I didn't puked hahaa.
Dec 4, 2012 8:09 AM

Oct 2011
Elfen Lied
Kouta: "I thought we were friends."
Lucy: "We are friends, that's why you're still alive."
Dec 4, 2012 8:42 AM

Jun 2012
stanklem28 said:
you guys are really hitting on my wikipedia-reading habit. I can't help it, it's like fish can't help but swim.
This made my day. I lol'd so hard.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Dec 4, 2012 2:07 PM
Jul 2012
Holybaptiser said:
stanklem28 said:
This made my day. I lol'd so hard.
stop lolling and rec something...
Dec 4, 2012 2:12 PM

Jun 2012
We recommended everything imaginable but you shot them down because of Wikipedia. We can't help you anymore and the only reason this has become a full out troll thread is simply because of that.

Here, my legit recommendation for you:
You, sir, will have a far better chance at finding anime if you go on google and search top 10,25,50,100, etc lists of what you're searching for, since you don't take recommendations seriously. Your method of determining whether or not you should watch an anime is far better suited for that. Good luck.

Dec 4, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
I think there is nothing more to be recommended after 11 pages.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 4, 2012 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:

Can't for the life of me figure out what your avatar is or what it's from. Is it a face? feathers?

Dec 4, 2012 2:33 PM

May 2009
WARNING

Reading this thread may cause erectile dysfunction or temporary blindness.
bergilDec 4, 2012 2:50 PM
Dec 4, 2012 2:49 PM

Oct 2012
BTBAM said:
Tavor said:

Can't for the life of me figure out what your avatar is or what it's from. Is it a face? feathers?

It's...something made up from a previous forum I've been a part of for about 5 years or so.
One of the early moderators from that particular forum had a face similar to how my avatar looks. Long story short, he encouraged users to alter his avatar to their liking.

Not really the most bad-ass explanation, but it's nostalgic in regard to the other forum I use~

Yeah, this thread is hopeless.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 4, 2012 10:38 PM

Oct 2012
Holybaptiser said:
neontaster said:
The first and last episodes of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. The merciless gore came from me tearing my own eyes out for watching that crap.
Good thing you didn't move on to Kira, because you would be skinning yourself alive.

So, just to be clear, Rei and Kira are a no go, right? Obviously Kira is from just looking at the plot description that makes it appear as if it turned into Cardcaptor Sakura, but Rei's not worth my time either?

Dec 4, 2012 10:41 PM

Jun 2012
BTBAM said:
Holybaptiser said:
neontaster said:
The first and last episodes of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei. The merciless gore came from me tearing my own eyes out for watching that crap.
Good thing you didn't move on to Kira, because you would be skinning yourself alive.

So, just to be clear, Rei and Kira are a no go, right? Obviously Kira is from just looking at the plot description that makes it appear as if it turned into Cardcaptor Sakura, but Rei's not worth my time either?
Not in the slightest. Rei and Kira are the last drops of milk from the franchise's tits.

Dec 4, 2012 10:41 PM
Jul 2012
This is the captain speaking. I am abandoning the ship. I am now requesting a neutralization of the ship by heavy ordinance (deletion) from the nearest able-bodied military unit (admin). Infection rate is beyond control.

Thank and have a good day.
Dec 4, 2012 10:45 PM

Jun 2012
Its cool. Seems like my last recommendation which would actually work a lot better for you went to waste. Oh well, I already understood saying anything to you was like saying it to a brick wall. Anyways, Wiki-Boy shall be a nice lil nickname for you from now on.

Aug 27, 2013 5:33 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Locked
Please do not bump topics that are more then 14 days old and that have not been started by you in recommendations.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Any anime with a despicable/contemptible villain?

Gfralp - 3 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
9 minutes ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

21 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
1 hour ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Apr 24

2 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
1 hour ago

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

7 by Tsuyatoash »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.