Forum Settings
Forums
New
who do u think/want lydia's love interest is?
Oct 23, 2008 3:09 PM

Mar 2008
who do u think/want lydia's love interest is? i think edgar
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 23, 2008 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
Edgar with a Raven close second ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2008 4:34 PM

Aug 2007
Edgar
Oct 25, 2008 9:26 AM

Aug 2008
Edgar of course... especially if you watch the ending of each episode^^
Oct 25, 2008 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
she is meant to be with Edgar ^^
Oct 25, 2008 2:02 PM

Apr 2008
Well she defo has to end with Edgar, they are like destined to eachother
Oct 26, 2008 7:00 AM

May 2008
Why Nico is missing? What you think if he's the cat he can't scratch Edgar to death and run off with Lydia into the sunset? What? It could happen right?

Who knows, maybe he's a cursed cat who needs a kiss to break off the spell? And he in fact is a gorgeous male, rivaling Edgar in his beauty.

There should be an available option for some kind of fairy thing, who knows more and understands about Lydia than the person who chose to ignore their existence.

In all seriousness, It is clear that by the end off the story she'll be impregnated by Edgar, if the last screen-shot in ED means anything. And as much as I want her to be alone or rather with other male, I know it won't happen.

Still, for the sake of irony, I want it to be Nico.
Oct 26, 2008 9:53 AM

Jun 2008
now that's interesting >.> maybe Nico does have a human form XD
Oct 26, 2008 10:19 AM

Feb 2008
Edgarrr.
Oct 26, 2008 10:28 AM

May 2008
Takai said:
now that's interesting >.> maybe Nico does have a human form XD

WHAT A TWIST! XD

I want this to happen even though I hate Nico. I want to see a jealous Edgar.

Oct 26, 2008 10:38 AM

Mar 2008
DieInHell said:
Takai said:
I want to see a jealous Edgar.

same!! i want a rival to edgar so he gets jealous!! even if its nico the cat :/
Oct 27, 2008 8:06 AM

Nov 2007
Bloodshot-Shanks said:

seconded
Oct 31, 2008 5:41 AM

Aug 2008
pyro_metal said:
Bloodshot-Shanks said:

seconded

Yeah..
Nov 1, 2008 9:04 AM

Oct 2008
Once again - WHY IS Ermine on the list, she's a woman!
Unless of course you want this show to get into the yuri category *evil grin*
Nov 2, 2008 6:16 AM

Jan 2008
Edgar. It's obvious.
Well, but I don't mind little love triangle~ <3 I miss triangles boy-girl-boy in anime T_T...

Nov 3, 2008 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
i don't know what's the deal with Ermine XD this thread is okay, but the bishie thread... XDDD
Nov 3, 2008 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
Edgar for sure. :)
But Raven is also a maybe...I'll take him if she picks Edgar. XD
Nov 8, 2008 11:54 PM

Nov 2007
I think this pic is enough proof Lydia and Edgar were meant to be
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp106/pyro_metal/earl%20and%20fairy/vlcsnap-27475.png

*kidnaps Raven and keeps him to myself* >:3
Nov 9, 2008 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
pyro_metal said:
I think this pic is enough proof Lydia and Edgar were meant to be
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp106/pyro_metal/earl%20and%20fairy/vlcsnap-27475.png

*cough* you will have to share Raven 'cause i got my eyes on him even before ep.1 XDDD lol
Nov 9, 2008 10:39 AM

May 2008
Takai said:
pyro_metal said:

*cough* you will have to share Raven 'cause i got my eyes on him even before ep.1 XDDD lol

Yeah, riiight.. I loved him even before he showed up in the manga, lol XD He's mine. XD

-

I voted Ermine for fun. Now she's second in the poll. Muaha...

-

PS: @Takai, I love your Sebastian's picture on your profile and I've found some interesting mangas to read for me.
Nov 9, 2008 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
there is no manga >.> lol
we'll all just have to share.

and thanks XD

Ermine also scored some points in the favorite bishie thread >__> lol
Nov 9, 2008 12:42 PM

May 2008
lol. really? Maybe some people want to see some yuri action XD

Oh, well. My mistake. Although, there is a novel..so..it still counts XD I think he'd use his sprite on us, because he's more into Edgar (loyalty and all that jazz) T_T
Nov 10, 2008 10:04 AM

Jun 2008
i think some people actually thought that Ermine was a girly boy o_o; and i was like "wait wait, didn't they say she was Raven's sister?!" i thought i wasn't paying attention or something XD oh well; she is a bishoujo and a bishounen, how cool is that >_> lol

nuuuu not Raven's sprite ><~

*cough* anyway, i think we're going way off topic here XDDD
Nov 10, 2008 10:40 PM

Nov 2007
DieInHell said:
Takai said:
pyro_metal said:

Yeah, riiight.. I loved him even before he showed up in the manga, lol XD He's mine. XD

-

I voted Ermine for fun. Now she's second in the poll. Muaha...

-

PS: @Takai, I love your Sebastian's picture on your profile and I've found some interesting mangas to read for me.

pfft.... I loved him before this anime was even thought of <_<

;P
Nov 28, 2008 3:37 AM

Aug 2008
I think it should be with Edgard becasue they both for each other, but I wish it to be with Raven...cause he's cooler. xD
Dec 4, 2008 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
Raven :)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 10, 2008 2:08 AM

Aug 2008
tsubasalover said:

Yay! Air High-five!
Dec 10, 2008 10:40 PM

Nov 2007
azncrisis said:
tsubasalover said:

Yay! Air High-five!

High 5!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2008 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
How many times can Raven be shared? He'll have to love one or the other~
Raven = <3

Dec 12, 2008 10:48 PM

Dec 2008
I think that its a bit obvious that its going to be Edgar. Though, I think it would've been cute if Lydia ended up with Kelpie. :)
Dec 15, 2008 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
(from the club comments)
Mimiko said:

what you said kale... is not to be hate lol! You have your own point and I think many people would be agree with you. Cause then, it wouldn't make Lydia and Edgar even. The story is main focus for Edgar and Lydia, while in the novel. Edgar at first seem to be more like a jerk.

Anyway, i won't go off the topic here. But you're are also right for the fact anout Edgar x Lydia. For Raven x Lydia... is so hard to imagine for me since I don't see too much of the feeling out from Raven x.X
Delete

kaleidostar1187 | Yesterday, 6:50 PM
i know it must be hard to see the couple you want to see get together not get together. but you can see the difference in maturity levels from all three. the only mature one i see is raven! lydia is a grown woman who is scared to get into a relationship and does not know what she wants. edgar is though i love him sometimes can be juvenile in his love for lydia, but i think he means it, but he still has much to learn. kelpie on the other hand i think is mature but his feelings for lydia is overpowering to the point where it is too overwhelming for lydia who at her maturity does not know how to respond or handle. that is why i think she is better with edgar, even though i would like to see a ravenxlydia. the reason i say that is b/c she knows how to handle edgar's juvenile love, and his maturity is almost even with lydia's. if you do not like what i have said i am sorry, but that is just what i have observed thus far, but i think i want to read the manga too, b/c sometimes the manga gives more insight.
Delete

Mimiko | 12-13-08, 10:18 PM
lol... Takai, you almost DID sound like a Edgar-hater xD! But hey, I understand you on that!

And we will see more of Ulysses on episode 10! Also great we got at least to see Kelpie x Lydia moment just a little on that episode. But I felt a little sad for Kelpie for seeing Lydia choosing Edgar and all.. xD!
Delete

kaleidostar1187 | 12-13-08, 3:59 AM
oh ulysses is really cute for a bad guy!
Delete

Takai | 12-13-08, 3:37 AM
indeed XD and i'm starting to sound like some Edgar-hater here LOL there isn't a single character i dislike so far which is good. (though we haven't seen enough of Ulysses yet).
Delete

kaleidostar1187 | 12-13-08, 3:29 AM
no i do not agree with that either what edgar did. but the thing i will give edgar is he was not in his right mind. kelpie was in his right mind. though this does not excuse edgar of being drunk. however i want to end this discussion it is a waste of energy. you guys like kelpie i like edgar. end of story.
Delete

Takai | 12-13-08, 3:22 AM
LOL how exactly do you see him -asking- Lydia though? "is it okay if i make love to you, Lydia? yes or no"? XDDD please excuse him for being a man and having on his mind the thoughts of being intimate with the girls he loves (i mean that's like so wrong >.>). are you going to say that Edgar does not have the same thing on his mind? come on XD i must remind you that Edgar was not much better in the latest episode before passing out. if you ask me, getting drunk to the point that you start acting so shamelessly toward someone you care about is even more immature. at least Kelpie is shameless from the start >.>
Delete

kaleidostar1187 | 12-13-08, 2:49 AM
like i said i like kelpie's character just i guess he is not my type. i want the fairytale who is edgar, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. oh and i did not say or imply that kelpie was going to rape lydia, but to me i find it immature of kelpie to go straightforward and w/o asking lydia, but yes i commend him for backing off, but it still does not excuse the fact he had it on his mind. and that i find very immature. but his character is refreshing i give you guys that.
Delete

Takai | 12-13-08, 1:35 AM
XD i love that we're discussing who Lydia is better off with while it's already known that she'll be with Edgar. i also agree with Mimiko, but that's not gonna happen. i think Kelpie is more mature and ready for a relationship. Edgar and Lydia are in a way both awkward and uncertain. someone needs to take the lead, but with the two of them it just keeps going back and forward with 'i need you' - 'no you don't' - 'marry me' - 'but you don't need me' etc XDDD not that it's not amusing to observe, but it does get tiring. oh well, at least there are Kelpie x Lydia scenes too, even if a lot less :P
Delete

Mimiko | 12-13-08, 1:10 AM
everyone have a different point of view and different guy they like. Honestly, I think Lydia should just end up with Kelpie. Thought Edgar's sweet talk and stuff, can kill somebody (you either faint of the word, or you just bored to death with those)! But I don't see yet that Edgar is ready to really love somebody. I know that he dreamt about kissing Lydia every night, but seriously. I think he should keep dreaming a little more xD! For Kelpie's case, he have the selfish personality, but hey that's just him. But he really do want her and seem to love her for a while. So I really think the person who have the most match for Lydia right now is Kelpie.

But we all know Lydia would end up with Edgar anyway xD!
Delete

Takai | 12-13-08, 12:40 AM
lol i wasn't talking about what Lydia needs, that's Lydia's business. i was talking about Edgar and Kelpie in general and who seems more interesting to me personally, and who i would possibly go for if i was in Lydia's situation. for me, personally, Edgar and his cheesy sweet talk would bore me to death, whereas Kelpie shows a more interesting personality and has more individuality in my opinion. obviously i wouldn't want someone to try mating with me out of the blue (lol), but it's not like he was about to rape her :P he backed off as soon as she made it clear that she will not do it with him and wasn't trying to pressure her in that situation. he is selfish to a (big) extent, but that's partially what makes him so interesting to me personally.
Delete

kaleidostar1187 | 12-13-08, 12:29 AM
it's not that i personally dislike kelpie. i just think lydia needs someone like edgar who sees value and beauty in her. whereas kelpie looks at her like a prize i see that he loves her, but i think his love is a little more aggressive and more forceful. whereas edgar is more appreciative of her, and flirts with her, and if you notice whenever he says something true about her she denies it and flushes. so he makes her feel in a way kelpie cannot. also if you see in the episode where edgar saves lydia from kelpie and the fairyworld, kelpie tries to mate with lydia w/o her consent, and when she refuses he says he thought she would not be like the female kelpies. so basically he is looking for a dainty weak girl to basically be his mate, and just submit to him. edgar sees lydia as an equal. a person with feeling, and as human he is better able to understand her. whereas b/c kelpie is a fairy creature his love is a little more selfish though there is no doubt he would do anything for her, but it is more a selfish and guilting love. but i like kelpie's character and i think he adds what this shows need.
Dec 15, 2008 12:45 PM
Jul 2007
I would say Edgar, with Raven as a dead even. =)
Dec 15, 2008 12:46 PM
Jul 2007
i know it must be hard to see the couple you want to see get together not get together. but you can see the difference in maturity levels from all three. the only mature one i see is raven! lydia is a grown woman who is scared to get into a relationship and does not know what she wants. edgar is though i love him sometimes can be juvenile in his love for lydia, but i think he means it, but he still has much to learn. kelpie on the other hand i think is mature but his feelings for lydia is overpowering to the point where it is too overwhelming for lydia who at her maturity does not know how to respond or handle. that is why i think she is better with edgar, even though i would like to see a ravenxlydia. the reason i say that is b/c she knows how to handle edgar's juvenile love, and his maturity is almost even with lydia's. if you do not like what i have said i am sorry, but that is just what i have observed thus far, but i think i want to read the manga too, b/c sometimes the manga gives more insight.
Dec 15, 2008 2:32 PM

Mar 2008
wowww.....i just re-read that discussion and it is extremely heated. so i thought i might join in with the fun (or at least interesting) discussion and have an insight into my views regarding lydias love interest. you dont haveto agree with me, in fact feel free to discuss my views, but theyre just my opinions laid out from wht ive seen :D
soooo judging simplely by watching all the latest episodes so far...here are the potentials for lydias mate (if there is going to be one in the end...)

~J. C. Ashenbert, Edgar: well the obvious choice, as he is the other main male protagonist who is always in contact with lydia, and flirting with her - seemingly infatuated by her (although i sense he cant let go of the past with ermine). in the last episode, it seemed as if lydia also thought highly of him (worrying for him and going to see him) and she does always blush when he makes advances. he seems the playful, fun type which suits with her attempts at being serious, and they seem like an overall good match. theres obvious chemistry going on. its just whether or not lydia can admit to liking edgar (if she does) and the situation regarding ermine x edgar. otherwise, my vote is on this pairing.

~Ulysses: yet to see....

~Raven: ah yes, the other potential, which has, several times, swayed my view regarding lydia x edgar. despite his seemingly detached emotional expressions, i do sense loyalty and genuine concern and regard that he has for lydia - seeing her as a women rather than a play-toy (which i have the impression from edgar), treating her more than accordingly. she also has a mutual understanding for him, the only women and person (except for edgar) who understands his past grief and shares his pain. i think that lydia also cares deeply for him and his welfare. hes mature and they can understand each other easily, and yes he is indeed attractive so i think they do have potential. however, although there is mutual understanding, i just dont think theres that certain romantic chemistry between them. friends - defineately, but romance is a different matter. so i wouldnt mind too much if they do end up as a couple, though i would find it slightly unsettling as i see them much more as close friends than a romantic couple.

~Kelpie: ohhh the obvious rival for lydia other than edgar. i am quite happy to see that there is one - mainly seeing edgar jealous and try to get lydias heart is amusing. well i think there is chemistry here! just look at the chick scene - it did tug a hear string somewhere. and alas, he is a bishie just like the other protagonists. they seem to have a past with each other - being friends (or more) since childhood, so has potential as it has that wonderful 'childhood sweethearts' touch to it. (hopefully im not imagining things and tht they do actually know each other since then...). he cares for her sincerely, and vice versa. he also understands her - comforting her when necessary (chick!! <3) and coming to her aid (even if it involves edgar). at first i thought he was selfish and forceful, but now i think differently. ah yes so he is much more forceful than edgar, but i can bare with that as it is amusing to see the reactions of edgar and lydia. soo theres potential, but again lydias romantic views on him have yet to be discovered. currently, i think she just sees him as a dear friend who sometimes steps out of line, rather than a potential mate. he may be more mature and more suited, however its lydias feeling which count in the end.

~Ferman, Paul: anddd the final one. he seems very sweet, and they get on well together, but i think hes more into that girl who cried amber rather than lydia. though i seem to think lydia was slightly attracted to him, and there was some chemistry going on. but it probably wont go anywhere and neither are making any drastic moves.

sooooooo at the end of all my rambling, i seem to think that there are LOADS of potentials, so loads of different routes lydia's love life can go (if it does go anywhere)....BUT my vote/what i want is still lydia x edgar because despite there being so many potentials, i sense that her real interest lies with edgar, and they have seriously tons of chemistry going on. i think their personalities also suit each other perfectly and just seem like a couple much more than simplely friends or acquaintances.

and that, finally, is my view and if youve read all that to here, then THANK YOU VERY MUCH for listening to my ramblings!!
Dec 15, 2008 6:21 PM
Jul 2007
Sugarplumfairy I really liked your response. I think it was a very adequate overall well observed. I think you had a lot of truth in your character judgments. I think one of the main problems when it comes to couples is either we do not see oh okay they are going to be a couple, or their is too many in the mix so it is hard to see who will end up with who, and then it breaks our into biased debate who should end up with who. I know I am going through it right now with Shugo Chara. I really want IkutoxAmu, but Tadase always gets in the way lol! I think I am getting to the point now where I really do not mind who she ends up with as long as she is happy.
Dec 16, 2008 9:29 AM

Mar 2008
kaleidostar1187 said:
Sugarplumfairy I really liked your response. I think it was a very adequate overall well observed. I think you had a lot of truth in your character judgments. I think one of the main problems when it comes to couples is either we do not see oh okay they are going to be a couple, or their is too many in the mix so it is hard to see who will end up with who, and then it breaks our into biased debate who should end up with who. I know I am going through it right now with Shugo Chara. I really want IkutoxAmu, but Tadase always gets in the way lol! I think I am getting to the point now where I really do not mind who she ends up with as long as she is happy.

hehe thanks!! hmm yes there are always things in the way of the main 'couple' as when it seems obvious, it sways. but i like it, cos then theres so much more to discuss, i like it as it makes the character and relationship develop quicker and plus more bishies is always good!!
slightly off topic, but yep im watching shugo chara and i have the exact same opinion!
Dec 16, 2008 11:47 AM
Oct 2008
Definitely Edgar^^
Dec 16, 2008 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
Edgar and Lydia make a great couple

Dec 17, 2008 9:34 AM

Mar 2008
Takai said:

Ermine also scored some points in the favorite bishie thread >__> lol

hehe yeah i saw my mistake at putting her up there, (and also in this love interest thread) but as people have voted i dont really want to take it off! made me laugh tho :D hehehe
Jan 4, 2009 3:51 PM

Mar 2008
well i think in tht last episode, its clearly obvious who her love interest is and will be.
Jan 4, 2009 5:05 PM

Jun 2008
it was clearly obvious back in episode 1 lol

but that doesn't change the fact that Kelpie x Lydia is my choice >.>
Oct 5, 2009 7:02 AM

Aug 2009
i bet its edgar. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Chances of a Second season? Post your prayers for one here!

sugarplumfairy - Jan 4, 2009

9 by asckj1 »»
Aug 23, 2012 4:53 AM

Poll: » fave bishie guy?

sugarplumfairy - Oct 23, 2008

27 by tegonya »»
Jun 20, 2010 6:27 PM

Poll: » fave character?

sugarplumfairy - Oct 23, 2008

36 by tegonya »»
Jun 20, 2010 6:25 PM

» Club ID Cards *CLOSED FOR NOW* ( 1 2 )

jam112383 - May 29, 2009

94 by mistressofchain »»
Apr 11, 2010 7:40 AM

Sticky: » Episodic and general discussion thread :D ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 26, 2008

82 by formosan »»
Jan 29, 2009 12:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.