Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2008 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
Hah! Got yer attention, yah? Well this is just a simple appreciation/discussion thread.
State your opinions, share your reasons. You're all welcome to tell us why you support this couple!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 17, 2008 3:45 PM

Apr 2008
Hi there.

In a way, I do support them and I do not. Ryuuji is to kind and Taiga is, well, she is Taiga. If she is going to be that mean toward Ryuuji for the rest of his life, then I rather see him with Minori or Ami for that sake.
I don't think it is possible to make a cute loving girl out of Taiga, but some adjustment might be healthy :)

To draw the final line: Do any one really think that Taiga could have any future with Kitamura? I have come as far as half the way in third novel book, to early to speak of anime. But as Taiga is, I don't think Kitamura will even want her to be by her side.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Oct 17, 2008 4:15 PM
May 2008
Well.. i dont have any real reason..
they look god together and they need eachother.. or, taiga needs ryuuji to prevent herself from starving to death.

its obvious who will become the "wife" that does all the house chores if they get together :P

Taiga, looks as harmless as a doll, but is almost as a demon when angry.
Ryuuji, looks like a murderer thats ready to kill at any moment, but is really the "nice guy" in the class and is doing house chores and makes food for his mother and neighboor, Taiga.
Oct 18, 2008 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
I don't now I just love them and want them to be together I mean they fit together I whould say..nya~
Nov 18, 2008 1:45 PM
Oct 2008
Yeah they so fit good together, it's almost they were made for each other xP
Nov 18, 2008 6:23 PM

Oct 2007
well taiga and ryuuji chaged since after that letter event.. and they really look good together..
Nov 24, 2008 12:11 AM
Nov 2008
The whole pool arc (if you can call it that) really made the Ryuuji x Taiga pairing stand out from all the rest for me. The slow development of their relationship just seems so... right. It's the kind of romance that you don't see everyday, and that's part of what makes them so awesome together, I think.
Jan 18, 2009 7:41 AM

Nov 2008
Based on the Anime, since I'm only on chapter 14 of volume 2 in the manga and just started the light novels I can only comment on the anime.

I think they have a rich development. They seem as two extreme halves of a whole that balance one another out. I'm not a fan of the Anime portrayal of Ryuuji, mainly because I find he's highly feminized when in actuality from what I've seen of the manga and light novel he's far from that. I find the anime uses his feminized nature to make Taiga highly masculine which gives that yin/yang feel in their personalities.

While Taiga is rough and agressive with child like features of innocence, we have Ryuuji of a more calm and subdued or reasonable nature with a features of a feirce predator. It's the juxtaposition of the two characters that mesh well and definitely come through in the writing and art. I think that's why I'm so into them. Plus for both their quirks they're easy to understand. Ryuuji has lost a father figure but had a rather neglectful mother where he appeared more so the parent while Taiga has an absent father and no mother to speak of who finds a family in the small one Ryuuji has. I think they both in essence enrich each others lives that the other people can't comprehend because of their similar needs. They both have unrequited love for others and have a near obsessive need to be with the object of their affections. I find when they realize who they are, they'll find that everything they wanted in the relationship they imagined with their fantasy pair, is actually already in place within each other.

All in all it's the depth and growth of themselves through their relations that makes me find them a sensational pair. I find it almost similar to Ami/Ryuuji as I find Ami extremely similar to Taiga. However, the RyuujixTaiga relationship si definitely more developed and Ryuuji seems to be responsive and understands Taiga more than Ami ever. I like Ami, but she doesn't fit Ryuuji as well as Taiga has been able to do and at the same time manage to publicly exclaim her feelings.
Mar 9, 2009 7:07 PM

Sep 2007
Because Ryuuji is pretty much 99% meh (the 1% not me being his name)?
What other reason do you need? :P
Mar 9, 2009 8:17 PM

Jun 2007
Simple and quickly stated. Taiga and Ryuuji are like Yin and Yang. You can't have one without the other. You need both to balance the world... or else taiga destroys it. LOL :)

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Mar 11, 2009 8:15 AM

Nov 2008
(I haven't read the manga/light novels yet, so I don't know whether their relationship is deeper than in the anime etc.)

Well, it's the classic example of 'opposites attract'. What I like about them, is that they never thought of 'a future together', of 'liking each other'. (This is hard to explain for a non-native English) Since Ryuuji already liked Kushieda, while Taiga liked Kitamura. (Seriously, Kitamura??) Their reactions to each other and growing friendship are very natural and recognizable. I can understand why in the end they get feelings for each other. It's not a standard relationship where it's 'boy likes girl, start dating, blahblah'.
Taiga feels safe when being around Ryuuji, since he is the first person in her life who really cares for her. And for Ryuuji, I understand how Ami talks about him being the 'daddy'.. it all comes very natural for him. He really cares about her.
And for some reason, whenever you spend alot of time together with a person, it's most of the time inevitable not to feel attracted to that person..

(Please, don't ask me, but sometimes, you start liking this person for no reason whatsoever. But it's there..)

You don't always have feelings for a person just because he is sweet or funny, but it can also happen out of compassion/sympathy.. or because you feel safe when being aroudn him/her or simply because you're starting to learn his or her real side. (This explanation is not really going anywhere, oh well)

The scenes where Taiga screamed for help when Ryuuji almost drowned.. or Ryuuji dreaming about Taiga and him getting in an accident, and then, well, you know what happened. They really care for each other..

(And seriously, have you ever met someone like them? A boy that's a total neat-freak, while she carries a kendo sword around? Both being seen as outcasts in the beginning..)

So yes, opposites attracts. That's about it.
I can't really totally explain what I mean..
Jul 7, 2009 4:54 AM
Jun 2009
in a way... they seem like soul mates.. totally envy them for that
Jul 8, 2009 11:11 PM

Dec 2008
I think that they are cutest couple I've EVER seen.
They are perfect for each other and they balance each other out.
They'd never get bored of eachother :)

& yes, I'm quite jealous about that XPP
Apr 3, 2010 5:09 AM

Apr 2009
desolato said:
(I haven't read the manga/light novels yet, so I don't know whether their relationship is deeper than in the anime etc.)

Well, it's the classic example of 'opposites attract'. What I like about them, is that they never thought of 'a future together', of 'liking each other'. (This is hard to explain for a non-native English) Since Ryuuji already liked Kushieda, while Taiga liked Kitamura. (Seriously, Kitamura??) Their reactions to each other and growing friendship are very natural and recognizable. I can understand why in the end they get feelings for each other. It's not a standard relationship where it's 'boy likes girl, start dating, blahblah'.
Taiga feels safe when being around Ryuuji, since he is the first person in her life who really cares for her. And for Ryuuji, I understand how Ami talks about him being the 'daddy'.. it all comes very natural for him. He really cares about her.
And for some reason, whenever you spend alot of time together with a person, it's most of the time inevitable not to feel attracted to that person..

(Please, don't ask me, but sometimes, you start liking this person for no reason whatsoever. But it's there..)

You don't always have feelings for a person just because he is sweet or funny, but it can also happen out of compassion/sympathy.. or because you feel safe when being aroudn him/her or simply because you're starting to learn his or her real side. (This explanation is not really going anywhere, oh well)

The scenes where Taiga screamed for help when Ryuuji almost drowned.. or Ryuuji dreaming about Taiga and him getting in an accident, and then, well, you know what happened. They really care for each other..

(And seriously, have you ever met someone like them? A boy that's a total neat-freak, while she carries a kendo sword around? Both being seen as outcasts in the beginning..)

So yes, opposites attracts. That's about it.
I can't really totally explain what I mean..

honestly i really get what you mean (and i`m not a native english xD ) but i really see your point and let me say that me and my boyfriend got together just like that...since there were some circumstances that we were allways together, we just fall for one another and though we never thought that way about echother.in the beginning i never liked him and just saw him as an annoyance and we really have opposite characters...but oh well...we ended up together and all`s really great ^__^

it`s like you said, feeling safe with him and caring for him...Taiga unconsciously falls for him and only when she felt she could loose him she realizes how much she loves him ^.^

hope my english in`t too bad (:
You can join too!!!

Jul 2, 2010 9:38 PM
Dec 2007
The plot is focused on them together, so it's natural for the viewer to want them to bond. Countless series pull this tsundere love to keep you watching until the end. Aisaka, however, really pulled on my heartstrings by showing her appreciation in an unorthodox, nonchalant manner which Takasu could decipher from the very beginning. She really is a puzzle! Like Takasu, she has a complete other side to her from her appearance. But what separates her from the love-me-not stereotype is that she can depend on someone who understands her need for attention and affection without crying for help or even moving towards a sexual relationship.

The other characters don't have half the description and detaill the director has shown us within Takasu and Aisaka which leads us to believe that all the factors lead to them pairing up. Both have similar family problems, both live together, both have social problems that they overcome together, both have a love circle-- or at least a polygon of some sort, and both know each other ten times more than any other character in the series.

I'm also biased because Aisaka is srsly the cutest girl evar.

Jul 28, 2010 8:11 AM

Jul 2010
Hi!!!

Well for me I guess they make a great couple... Even though Taiga is like that, that is how she show or hide her affections towards Ryuuji (she is the first one who falll in love to Ryuuji in the first place!!!) Besides Ryuugi likes that attitude of Taiga.... They make a perfect couple, because even though they fight often they still love each other and they support each others decision...
Taiga you're so a TSUNDERE!! ^_^

Oct 9, 2010 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
My first Impression on Them with the 1st Episode & Reading the Synopsis
was: They Look Cute Together. And they're both the Most Scary People in their School.
That was my first impression. But I really liked how it first started.

But I Loved them as a Couple at 1st Site >//////<

Another reason why is because. They're always together. Helping Each Other.
By Each Others Side. And she usually eats at Ryuuji's House.
While Ryuuji takes Good Care of Taiga ^^

And They Both Love Each Other. They didn't really notice it at first but they always had feelings for each other in the Begining. And I loved the times when they realized it >////< [~SoCute!~] And they never hated each other either but like each other.
Even though Taiga is Shy, when it comes to Love. She's really Honest
And the times before she realized her Love for Ryuuji. She was really Good at Hiding it.

But I'm sure if we were to see a Continue-Age of Ryuuji X Taiga.
After the last Episode. I'm sure we would see them be more Honest & Not Shy as much. And Maybe even a little Lovey Dovey.

But Overall. I Just Love the Anime & Ryuuji X Taiga
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Question for the Men...

MyFriendSam - Dec 5, 2008

49 by Andrasius »»
Jan 24, 2014 5:00 AM

» Fav Parts? Ryuuji X Taiga

waalex11 - Oct 9, 2010

3 by zensunni »»
Jul 19, 2012 3:00 PM

» NIS America Wish List for Toradora! BD - vote now!

zensunni - Jul 10, 2012

0 by zensunni »»
Jul 10, 2012 9:19 AM

» Episode 8!!!!

MyFriendSam - Nov 20, 2008

5 by SarinaMoonshine »»
Jan 13, 2012 9:36 AM

» When will Toradora! Spin-Off become an anime?

TaigaXRyuuji - Dec 2, 2009

1 by waalex11 »»
Jul 27, 2011 6:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.