Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 14, 2008 12:47 PM

Sep 2008
Where/when did you first saw it happen? I don't think I need to elaborate on the event I'm talking about....

I was sitting on my bed, and when I saw it my jaw dropped to the floor. I swear, I frickin cried. I get teased by my BF now because of it, but it was one of the saddest things in anime history! By the way, this was during the first run of FMA on AS, so I'm sure plenty of otther people cried too at the same moment. Can you say river of tears?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 16, 2008 4:49 AM

May 2008
I watched the series not too long ago and I saw the scene while I was sitting (in front of the pc). My first thought was: "That's so unfair! Why him? >_<"
I was really sad that it happened and I needed a little break before I could watch the series further :S
I always hate it when the characters you've grown to like in an anime die. It's just sad. ._.
Oct 16, 2008 12:40 PM

Sep 2007
I was 17, I'm 19 now, and sitting in my room at around 10 pm when it happened. I actually shed tears, which is a rare event for me. The ending of the episode left me completely speechless, I was so taken aback that I sat in my chair for 20 minutes before starting the next episode. It is however, a very beautiful dramatic event.
He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave.
Oct 19, 2008 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
it was such a long while ago.. i don't remember if i watched it when it aired on tv or watched it online because back then, i loved the series that bad that i watched it online instead of waiting... so i forget. but i did cry over it x.x
Oct 26, 2008 6:03 PM

Aug 2008
I originally found out he died through watching an AMV. But I watched the actual episode on November 21st, 2006. Is it odd that I sort of celebrate that date every year? I mean not party style celebrate, but I usually do some kind of memorial. Needless to say I was a ball of tears when it happened (I remember I was eating dry oatmeal at the time, too).
Jun 26, 2009 4:01 AM

Feb 2009
In front of the PC with a friend, we were watching the series together...

As soon as we saw the preceding events we turned to each other and just saw the same feeling in each others eyes, something along the lines of "Don't do that....RUN! NO!".

Even though you can tell what's going to happen...it's still a shock....cutting out such a wonderfully vibrant character *sniff*
Pointlessness is a Virtue...
Jul 13, 2009 9:36 AM

Jan 2009
in front of my pc, alone as always... i didn't see it coming and i think that's what upsets me the most... needless to say i didn't/still don't enjoy FMA that much as i used to before this...it was a waking up call for me: fma isn't an anime about flowers and unicorns, it's about sorrow and making up for your sins :((

Jul 22, 2009 9:38 PM
Feb 2009
I was just watching it on my computer. But still, it was so very sad :(
I loved the guy. He was one of the best parts of the show ♥

R.I.P. Maes Hughes
Jul 22, 2009 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
OMG. I was like "NOOOOOO! WHY HIM???" I was watching it online and I had to stop it cause I couldn't believe what I just saw. And then his daughter saying all those things like "Why are they burying daddy?" and I couldn't take it anymore. That so wasn't fair. He was my favorite character and they took him away.
Jul 29, 2009 9:37 PM
Apr 2009
I was 18 (22 now), and I watched it on my Mac, in the dark, at like... 3 am (Yes I had college the next day -_-)
I was so shocked, I didn't think he had actually died, and then of course came the funeral procession which... made me have to accept that he was dead. When Elycia was all like "Nooo then daddy can't work anymore" I totally lost it and wept like a little child, haha. It was sooo sad.
I already knew FMA wasn't going to be all happy-go-lucky, because of the 'Nina Event' ... which by the way left me traumatized.
Anyway, thats where I was when i saw him die. He was my favorite character in the show so it really upset me. :( *tear*
Apr 20, 2010 12:45 AM
Dec 2009
I first watched it about 2 years ago... in the first FMA series..man... i couldn't help but cry...especially in the funeral, and also when he waved goodbye to Ed from outside the train(FMA series 2003)...=(
He was one of the best characters...And it was just SOOO sad..=(
Jun 12, 2011 9:59 PM

Jul 2010
Don't know if this counts but I read it. I was sitting at my desk at night. Never really got to see the episode after reading it, I didn't know if I would be able to handle watching since reading just moved me. A lot. I knew he was going to be a goner once Envy turned into his wife. Still couldn't believe it though. Then the funeral came, and Roy cried. And then his daughter. Truly, truly sad. I will never forget him in the series.
Aug 3, 2015 3:08 PM
Jul 2015
Personally I was at home alone at night watching "just one last episode before bed"... My heart broke into a million pieces... Needless to say I had to keep watching as to not cry myself to sleep that night..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Spoilery Question on Saddest moment in fma

naoh - Sep 28, 2008

6 by CNyle »»
Oct 4, 2010 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.