Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2008 6:47 PM
Jun 2008
My favorite Kikyo moment is when she confronts the dark priestess tsubaki who is scheming to curse Kagome into shooting Inuyasha through the heart with a sacred arrow, just as Kikyo once did. There's a great moment when Kikyo realizes what Tsubaki's plans are and she grabs her by the hair and basically tells her that she will kick her ass if she lays a hand on Inuyasha. I know Kikyo threatens people with this a lot, but this time it was my favorite because she couldn't bare to allow Kagome to repeat her same mistakes, especially since the whole point of Kagome being Kikyo's reincarnation is supposed to be to FIX her mistakes. In the anime there's this beautiful scene in this episode where Kagome is dreaming she's back permanently in the present era and the feudal time traveling was all a dream. Kagome accepts it as a dream until she sees Kikyo conducting an archery class at her school at which point Kikyo turns to her sharply and says, "Who are you? Are you-are you me?" I LOVE that line and that scene soooo much because Kikyo is inadvertantly asking Kagome if she is going to end up making the same mistakes she did, the biggest one of course would be killing Inuyasha. This realization makes Kagome wake from her dream at which point she fires a final fatal arrow at tsubaki and says, "I am Kagome! I'm not anyone else!" Meaning she is separate from Kikyo and she will not be misled. Her will is stronger, thus ultimately revealing that she is even stronger than Kikyo. Kikyo even says after Tsubaki is destroyed, "One who failed to kill ME could never kill Kagome." Such a beautiful moment! Share your own!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 3, 2008 7:23 PM

Sep 2008
I like the one where she is going to drag Inuyasha in to the underworld. I have seen it at least 7 times and every time I ask my self if I were Inuyasha would I go with her willingly and every time my answer is always YES. I would go with her.

Oct 10, 2008 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
Every time she and Inuyasha kiss XD

I also love that moment when she was meeting with Naraku for the first time and after addressing him with "youkai Naraku" she corrected her self with a tone dripping with derision and said "no, hanyou Naraku!"

Man, that was way too cool!
Nov 25, 2008 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
my favourite moment is when kikyo and inuyasha are in the boat and then kikyo slips and falls into inuyasha´s arms and he holds her:) so sweet^.^

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 26, 2008 6:28 PM

Nov 2008
the whole special which consists in inuyasha meeting kikyo until the VERY sad end that we all know T_T
i love this scene after kaede looses his eye
kaede:why u leaving sister?
kikyo:i am leaving to get u medicine
kaede:but there is plenty over there
kikyo:i mmm.... will try to find better medicine than that one
Dec 19, 2008 4:53 PM

Dec 2008
Orulyon said:
my favourite moment is when kikyo and inuyasha are in the boat and then kikyo slips and falls into inuyasha´s arms and he holds her:) so sweet^.^

(n_n) I love that part also!
Jan 6, 2009 8:57 AM

Jun 2008
Oh, that part is sooo sweet. specially when they kiss:) the soundrack in that part is awesome too. ^.^

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 11, 2009 5:05 AM

Aug 2008
MY fave Kikyou moment is when she firstly confronts with Kagome (I mean... it's only in the manga version) and she admits that InuYasha looks more relaxed and conforted than when she wuz alive... she says InuYasha looked sad when they were together but Kagome cured him somehow... I think she made a very hard effort to admit somethin' like that... admitting she failed somehow
You think you know, but you have no idea!
I luv 散魂鉄爪 and 飛刃血爪
Jan 17, 2009 2:05 PM
Oct 2007
The time when she is brought back.
I feel all her pain, is so sad....

And when she is with naraku anda say "my soul is free now, than before. The freedom to hate... To hate, and love" and Fukai mori plays in the back *-*
Sep 16, 2009 4:11 PM
Aug 2009
I loved every moment she had in the first season.
Nov 1, 2009 3:45 PM

May 2007
I love every romantic moment she has with Inuyasha ^^
Nov 4, 2009 7:58 PM
Nov 2007
Airo_RokkuhautoNov 17, 2009 5:19 PM
Nov 16, 2009 1:38 PM

May 2007
Could you try not to spoil, Airo_Rokkuhauto? It's not like everyone read the manga.
Nov 17, 2009 5:08 PM
Nov 2007
Bura said:
Could you try not to spoil, Airo_Rokkuhauto? It's not like everyone read the manga.

Actually, I never read the manga. I just assumed that a majority has already seen/finished the anime. My bad o.o;
Airo_RokkuhautoNov 17, 2009 5:19 PM
Nov 18, 2009 8:00 AM

May 2007
Airo_Rokkuhauto said:
Bura said:

Actually, I never read the manga. I just assumed that a majority has already seen/finished the anime. My bad o.o;

In the anime she didn't die ^^"? Exept in episode one.
Nov 20, 2009 1:59 AM

Nov 2008
well she died(ep 1) and...(read spoilers xD)
Dec 8, 2009 12:21 AM

Jun 2008
Her and Inuyasha's past. Just for this episodes i started watching anime and reading manga

OEC ~ CCO ~ TSC+VIP ~ UC ~ TCO ~ TVMF ~ MCC + Other Badges
Jul 21, 2010 3:22 AM

Jul 2010
Um... Favorite moment ? oO Don't know.XD There are too many.XD XD XD Moreover, it's hard for me to separate her from Inu.XD
Mar 21, 2011 11:30 PM

Feb 2011
my favorite Kikyo moments was during the special that explained her past with Inuyasha and what her life was like.

my most favorite one is in the final act, episode 8 because her and Inuyasha were finally together once again, though it's sad because she dies for good. But that one is my favorite one because Inuyasha really cried his ass off for Kikyo, and they share one last passionate kiss before kikyo fades away in Inuyasha's arms. I should add that it was the only time where you get to see Kikyo cry.

and i too liked the one where she drags inuyasha to hell. Believe me, if i was inuyasha and i had to be stuck with a terror like Kagome, i would gladly go to hell with Kikyo too!
Sep 23, 2012 6:34 PM
Aug 2012
My favorite moment was when they showed Kikyo and Inuyasha's full past in the anime. My second was when Kikyo was about to die in Inuyasha's hands in the final act. It was touching, but I didn't want her to die :(

Oct 27, 2012 10:55 PM

Jul 2011
inuyasha23 said:
My favorite Kikyo moment is when she confronts the dark priestess tsubaki who is scheming to curse Kagome into shooting Inuyasha through the heart with a sacred arrow, just as Kikyo once did. There's a great moment when Kikyo realizes what Tsubaki's plans are and she grabs her by the hair and basically tells her that she will kick her ass if she lays a hand on Inuyasha. I know Kikyo threatens people with this a lot, but this time it was my favorite because she couldn't bare to allow Kagome to repeat her same mistakes, especially since the whole point of Kagome being Kikyo's reincarnation is supposed to be to FIX her mistakes. In the anime there's this beautiful scene in this episode where Kagome is dreaming she's back permanently in the present era and the feudal time traveling was all a dream. Kagome accepts it as a dream until she sees Kikyo conducting an archery class at her school at which point Kikyo turns to her sharply and says, "Who are you? Are you-are you me?" I LOVE that line and that scene soooo much because Kikyo is inadvertantly asking Kagome if she is going to end up making the same mistakes she did, the biggest one of course would be killing Inuyasha. This realization makes Kagome wake from her dream at which point she fires a final fatal arrow at tsubaki and says, "I am Kagome! I'm not anyone else!" Meaning she is separate from Kikyo and she will not be misled. Her will is stronger, thus ultimately revealing that she is even stronger than Kikyo. Kikyo even says after Tsubaki is destroyed, "One who failed to kill ME could never kill Kagome." Such a beautiful moment! Share your own!

Perhaps a little off-topic, but I LOVE your interpretation of that episode~ it was just so confusing for me @_@
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Jun 30, 2014 10:02 PM

Apr 2014
I love all the moments of kikyou in inu yasha series. In My openion kikyou should be the main character instead of kagome. If i had a magic lamp and upon rubbing it a jinny would appear saying that you have only one wish so make a wish and i will make it true. Then My Wish would be

<< I Want To Be With Lady Kikyou!!! FOR EVER >>
Aug 23, 2015 8:26 PM
Jun 2015
I like all moments when Kikyo confronts Naraku, because IMO whenever those two characters interact, something interesting is about to happen
Aug 30, 2015 9:46 AM

Mar 2015
Subject the most is for me. Kikyou Sama is my love and life❤.favorite moments with Kikyou I have really a lot.
1 How would kill Inuyasha when my priestess back to life. Her powerful anger just captivated me. I love this moment to the time when someone wakes up.
2. Inuyasha Kikyou weapons against Tsubaki - I do not remember that it was a stretch, but it was then when someone tries to kill Inuyasha.
3 When Kikyou kissed and hugged Inuyasha episode 23
4. When Kikyou saves Miroku in The Final Act
5. When Kikyou decides to travel with Kohaku (the moment of their meeting in The Final Act)
6. I love all the scenes from episodes 146-147 <3. Most when Kikyou paints lips with lipstick, which she got from Inuyasha. Something beautiful.
4. When trying to kill Kagome
5. When she saved Kagome
6. When saved Kouga
7.I love the moments when she cares for sick children and old people. It helps people in need (there are many such episodes do not remember which)
8. I love when in move she said to kagome "GO HOME" OMG THE BEST!! I WAS SO HAPPPY WHEN I HEAR IT FROM KIKYOU SAMA
9 When Kikyou hugged inuyasha in the movie (i know it was clone ) but this scene was very beautiful when real Kikyou said to Inuyasha "I'm so proud of you"

Kikyou is LOVE Kikyou is LIFE♡❤
Apr 29, 2016 3:20 PM
Apr 2016
Probably the boat scene. Most romantic proposal in the series. As for Kikyo dragging Inuyasha to hell, if I were in his shoes and there was a sure fire way to defeat Naraku without my help, I would gladly do it.
Jul 1, 2016 3:14 AM

Oct 2015
My favorite Kikyo moment is her every moment! :D

On a serious note, I'm re-watching the series from start to finish. Never actually completed it before. Got super depressed and dropped the series upon learning of her fate long ago. I watched random videos and read the story on forums, wiki etc.

I'm currently at Episode 128 and I freaking cried yesterday lol.

Edit:
Okay, so now that I finished the series, deciding my favorite moment wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (But it's still freaking hard!!) It's her powerful dying words:

"You came for me. And that's good enough"

She thought all of her sufferings may have after all been worth it when she realized that Inuyasha never stopped loving her against all the circumstances and her doubts. Even though she seemingly pushed him away, he persistently went after her and tried to protect her knowing full well that she was putting a mask in an attempt to help him move on, and detach herself from a no longer possible relationship that her heart nevertheless desired so much.

It's just heartbreaking.
TogameCheerioJul 25, 2016 6:55 PM
Sep 3, 2016 9:19 PM
Apr 2016
TogameCheerio said:

On a serious note, I'm re-watching the series from start to finish. Never actually completed it before. Got super depressed and dropped the series upon learning of her fate long ago. I watched random videos and read the story on forums, wiki etc.

Edit:
Okay, so now that I finished the series, deciding my favorite moment wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (But it's still freaking hard!!) It's her powerful dying words:

She thought all of her sufferings may have after all been worth it when she realized that Inuyasha never stopped loving her against all the circumstances and her doubts. Even though she seemingly pushed him away, he persistently went after her and tried to protect her knowing full well that she was putting a mask in an attempt to help him move on, and detach herself from a no longer possible relationship that her heart nevertheless desired so much.

It's just heartbreaking.
interesting
Sep 21, 2016 5:09 AM

Oct 2015
Fake_Williams said:
TogameCheerio said:

Edit:

It's just heartbreaking.
interesting

At least she died smiling. She was still in pain and desired that moment to last forever but unlike her first death, she can probably evolve to a greater and purer being or find her new meaning in the sacred place. That's certainly better than believing she was betrayed, giving in and ending up in hell for a long time.

She could never stop longing for Inuyasha in any and all forms, Kagome included! Rumiko stated that she chose Kikyo's name based on the Chinese Bell Flower (Kikyo) which, according to her, meant "unchanging love" in the language of flowers. And yet some of her haters are actually convinced that there was no true affection between herself and Inuyasha... not that this is the only evidence. Evidences are in every corner, that I simply can't fathom how some readers can't see it lol. May Kikyo's ultimate form guide those souls to the right path!
TogameCheerioSep 21, 2016 5:15 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» well the misty and serena rivelry be like kagome and kikyous or worse and who do you like ash with

boa555 - Sep 13, 2016

0 by boa555 »»
Sep 13, 2016 7:28 PM

» If you could have a date with Kikyou explain how'd it go..

Anime-Addicted - Nov 17, 2008

4 by Fake_Williams »»
Jul 1, 2016 10:01 PM

» Member cards ( 1 2 )

Bura - Nov 16, 2009

93 by Fake_Williams »»
May 18, 2016 9:08 PM

» New theme song

Maho-shonen - Oct 3, 2008

5 by Fake_Williams »»
May 10, 2016 7:02 PM

» Kikyou related links!

Orulyon - Mar 2, 2010

1 by Fake_Williams »»
May 10, 2016 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.