Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2008 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
When I saw the first episode I thought I was going to love it. the characters were introduced during training, so you saw how these main character interacted with each other when there wasn't a fight looming over their heads. It got you to care for these soldiers and get to know them sort of how Band of Brothers did in its first episode.

But then I got to the second episode and I was utterly dissapointed. The battle was extremely childish and it seemed more like something you'd see on a Saturday morning show rather than a war series. None of the characters seemed like they were in any danger, not to mention the fact that the guns seemed to have little impact (I felt like I was watching an airsoft gun fight).

So I wanted to know, does the overall feel of the story change or am I simply watching the wrong show.
Sep 28, 2008 8:21 PM

Apr 2008
Um, they weren't in danger, and it was practically an airsoft gun fight. Both sides are instructed not to kill and usually use nonlethal rounds. Very few people die, it would be a media nightmare for anyone if they did.

It does get better. If you're not expecting a war/action anime.

This is also the wrong forum.
Sep 28, 2008 9:39 PM

Mar 2008
Plate said:
Um, they weren't in danger, and it was practically an airsoft gun fight. Both sides are instructed not to kill and usually use nonlethal rounds. Very few people die, it would be a media nightmare for anyone if they did.

It does get better. If you're not expecting a war/action anime.

This is also the wrong forum.

Definitely agree with the above.
Sep 29, 2008 2:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Topic moved.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 29, 2008 2:35 AM

Mar 2008
I shall just say thank you to you all since I was thinkingt about the same thing. Many people say that Toshokan Sensou gets pretty boring in the end, but so far I've got a possivite picture of the series.

"One day, we'll set out to sea! And live our lives the way we want!!" - Ace to Luffy, both chasers of dreams
Jul 14, 2012 1:49 AM

Mar 2012
Jb1528 said:
The battle was extremely childish and it seemed more like something you'd see on a Saturday morning show rather than a war series. None of the characters seemed like they were in any danger, not to mention the fact that the guns seemed to have little impact (I felt like I was watching an airsoft gun fight).

I completely agree with you.
The battle scenes were terrible. It was like they were playing paintball.
The series was animated very good, and the overall quality was high. But it was too boring. There was no action in it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jun 26, 2008

61 by Maou_heika »»
Aug 25, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 5 Discussion

dtshyk - May 8, 2008

29 by Floral_soap »»
Jun 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Apr 10, 2008

60 by TenM »»
Sep 17, 2022 3:51 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 3 Discussion

dtshyk - Apr 24, 2008

38 by caneton_pas_fini »»
Sep 2, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 11 Discussion

dtshyk - Jun 19, 2008

41 by AntiMoba »»
Apr 24, 2021 10:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.