Forums
New
May 11, 2012 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
Kinda long...

I see it as a psychological show.
Other selves = girl's mind.
Other selves fighting = Girl stress
Death of other self = Girl went from stress to snap.
When the girl snap, they'll cut all ties with the subject of their stress.

However...

For those of you who complain about BRS not being the type of show you hope it'd been... Or feel that the TV series have slaughtered BRS as a whole...

I think you should not forget that...

BRS, is just some artwork and a song. The writers are writing their story base on the art and the song by supercell. And IMO, they interpreted the song in their own way, and came up with, and shared us a very interesting psychological show(with BRS theme).

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Supercell did the ending, and it also reinforce their view on the story. (The 2 songs are perfect for the show)

Imagination level = So good at being pretentious it's not funny. If they have gotten the idea while smoking something... Whatever they're smoking... I want one!
AirStylesMay 11, 2012 11:24 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 14, 2012 5:02 AM

Jun 2010
wel i sayed it once and i will just past it here why i hate BRS TV so much >>>
1. Hatsune Miku - Black Rock Shooter would be Awesome opening but... they added this stupid Remix >_>
2. They changed apperance of every character... so now they look terrible..
3. The main plot... is piece of shit... we get forced Drama pushed by nonsense fighting (allthou the battles were rly good)
4. Black Rock Shooter who was the best character in this anime imo... turned into a monster... changed her colour into purple.. and was fighting with Mato!! (gosh.. seriously????) hahahahahahaha XDDDDD
5. why Mato doesn't have a star by her cellfone? in exchange for that she get stupid bird wallpaper alongside with whole story about it which was the main "theme" of the anime >_> i didn't like that change..
6. Death Master >_>
7. why that girl on wheelchair was on wheelchair anyways?
8. i didn't like the thing that this story was focused on Yuu >_>

I know that its based on MV by Hatsune Miku and some Art but even then after watching awesome OVA i was so much dissapointed after seeing TV series... they made it all wrond...
Jun 12, 2012 1:45 AM
Mar 2012
chibigoku1993 said:

7. why that girl on wheelchair was on wheelchair anyways?
8. i didn't like the thing that this story was focused on Yuu >_>

I know that its based on MV by Hatsune Miku and some Art but even then after watching awesome OVA i was so much dissapointed after seeing TV series... they made it all wrond...

i only really can only respond to 7 & 8 lol

7. it was explained that she experienced a sort of trauma that prevented her from walking

8. the 1st half of the anime was focused on Yomi/Kagari, just like the OVA, and just like how the OVA was headed although it never really went there, the 2nd half was focused on Yuu. So I didn't see a problem. If you don't know what I mean then you must've not seen the scene at the end of the credits in the OVA.

But I understand why you're saying that. Personally I thought BRS Insane mode was badass lol, And I like the badass fights in the anime too. But overall art dropped and story wasn't delivered properly, since it was like almost like a tragic poem. And I actually liked the OP. But these are all opinions :)
HidoriMaruJun 12, 2012 1:50 AM
Jul 9, 2014 1:37 AM

Jul 2014
The way I see BRS is that it is a show about escapism. The second world is the way the characters escape from crippling stress, but the show emphasizes that escaping reality doesn't solve the issue. Instead it's message is that you should live your life and experience everything whether it be depressing or joyous. This is coming from the whole "Tiny Bird and the Colors" book. The book is about how a bird enjoys the fruits and pains of life until the very end. Instead of trying to escape life, or the colors, it takes them in stride and eventually dies. However, in the end of its life it can still remember all of the colors and the different emotions that they represent. Going on with this theme and my earlier point, the second world is an escape where many find refuge by having other beings take the brunt of their pain from the real world for them. BRS is different in how it aims to destroy other people's avatars in the second realm and therefore remove their ability to escape from emotions. Some people try harder than others to escape from reality (ranging from people who try and escape completely to others who just stow away most of their stress). The whole point of this series is to convey the message that no matter how negative your emotions seem, you still have an entire wonderful array of emotions that you can feel, but not if you escape reality.
Sep 24, 2015 11:04 PM
May 2015
The "Tiny Bird and the Colors" book really is an enigma to me... It has more than one way to look at it. Yet, on the Internet there's nobody talking about it!! ><

First off, the colours in the book represent the characters in the anime, but it's not pinned down in canon. The problem here is that some character designs are of one colour, but their home in otherself is another colour. For example, pink of fever probably refers to Kagari, since she was 'sick'. Being with someone as they are sick (Yomi took care of Kagari) is one of the 'colours that you experience' in life. But Chariot is Yellow, which is not in the book.. But her bracelet is pink. The orange of smiles represent Yuu (strength is green) and the joys with a friend. Blue of tears represent Matou herself, how she sympathises with her friends. I think blue also refers to the sky, as she is the bird that flies through all these different colours.

Purple of haze is IBRS, in that the confusion of the events thus far has led to IBRS's birth. IBRS is Matou's self-conflicts and confusion personified into an uncontrollable monster.

Red of anger represents Yomi because she held contempt towards her friends who left her (though Dead Master is green?) ... Yomi stops feeling this anger/grudge after DM was killed. She literally is OK with Kagari... (rather, she doesn't even acknowledge her friends as closely)

And lastly, the black... Two ways to see this, both explained in the show, iirc.
1) Black represents the culmination of all these colours. Matou having seen all this in her friends, could be considered as absorbing these into herself, or more like BLACK ROCK SHOOTER has been doing the absorption for her. After all the penting up of these emotions, it overwhelms her and she breaks down (coma)...
Matou also said she felt like she was the bird.

But within this same metaphor, there is another interpration of it.
At the end of the series, Matou and her friends want to experience everythig in life and not reject them. The bird takes it in until death. This is what Matou meant in episode 7 that she always wanted to be the tainted bird.

It's interesting that the bird is something Matou aspires to be (experiencing life head-on), yet she already is in another metaphorical meaning (BRS removing all the pain of her friends).... The second one is a bit blurry, but it's worth considering because in episode 7, Matou says.. "That's right.. the bird.... is... black rock shooter!!" and she follows with "I..." but interrupted by Yu. I interpret that as Matou realizing that she was BRS all the while, and has been doing this subconsciously.

2) The black represents that Black of Pain. The pain of hurting your friends (which matou has not done, but let BRS do it for her) to absorb their hurt. The pain that all the characters do not want to experience and end up letting their otherself absorb it or they reject the entire problem (otherself death)

from the wiki: Mato thinks about herself as the Tiny Bird during the climax fight with Insane Black★Rock Shooter. A voice in her head says Tiny Bird is dead, but she responds that she can still remember colors so she will fly to see them.

This is in line with the first interpretation (given by OP of this thread). Just like Pseudophenomena said, the tiny bird's death represents a person having too much of life's 'colours' and therefore 'dying' (giving up, rejecting the problem, etc.). Once you get past that, you become stronger than before. In fact, in the ep 8 sequence, the otherselves gather to help BRS. Once you have your friends (other otherself) to support you (their worlds merge, so their problems are shared and one the same), you can overcome your emotional conflicts (blasting away IBRS)

... I'm going to end with a quote from Matou in episode 1 (from BRS wiki)

"This world is so colorful.
Bright colors. Warm colors. Sparkling colors.
As well as dirty, lonely and sad colors.
Colors aren't all wonderful.
But even so, this world is beautiful!
There are firends who laugh with you.
There are many different colors and things...
all of which we will accept one by one.
We will accept them all and grow up.
We will grow up in this world."

What a beautiful anime.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» BRS Anime

Meira - Mar 10, 2012

4 by tsubasa_hanekawa »»
Jun 1, 2014 12:17 AM

» Member Cards [Closed] ( 1 2 3 )

Psyclipse - Aug 8, 2010

138 by Zetto92 »»
Mar 16, 2014 3:54 PM

» B★RS figures

quentinlau - Sep 28, 2011

17 by SuperLou2 »»
Aug 14, 2013 10:38 PM

» New BRS anime coming in February!

AGirlInASweater - Jan 1, 2012

2 by Evil_Mastermind »»
Feb 6, 2012 8:25 AM

» New OVA announced!

balderm - Nov 13, 2010

10 by aruhime »»
Sep 1, 2011 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.