Forum Settings
Forums

Lets all vent about L's death. (WHICH DID NOT HAPPEN)

New
Aug 26, 2007 10:23 PM

Apr 2007
Is it just me or did the series take a hit when L died? I mean it's still an awesome anime and Near is pretty kick ass too...but he's no L.

WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE?? lol....who's bright idea was it to kill of one of the best made anime character's that ever lived?? Who's the freaksin dumb ass who did that?? I WANT HIS NAME!!!

Did any of you think that L might've faked his death? Thats what i thought when it happened, i was so mortified, lol....a peice of me died with him *cries*
MedliSageApr 24, 2008 5:02 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 26, 2007 10:43 PM

Aug 2007
I, too, was very upset about L's death. He was my favorite character. :(

If it makes you feel better. . . . .
Aug 26, 2007 10:51 PM

Apr 2007
In the live action movie? Or is this a new anime movie? lol, sorry im kinda dumb.
Aug 27, 2007 4:20 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, the ending in the live action movie are actually different than the anime and manga, so there is no such stupid things as Near & Mello. I think Death Note was good, but once L died, it becomes lame.
Aug 28, 2007 9:27 PM

Jul 2007
I was so sad when L died. He didn't deserve it. All he did was try to catch Kira and Kira was a bad guy. But in a way I like Kira because all the bad guys got killed but in a way i hate him because he killed L and because he thinks he is so smart and he is so conceited with himself. i just hate it!
AikouMar 30, 2008 12:28 AM
Aug 29, 2007 5:22 PM

Apr 2007
Oh but i thought the live action movies only take place up to the very early episodes of DN.....like 6 or something (random number)

So your saying that the live action movies ends with L still being alive?....cause the movies are still going...as far as i know.
Aug 31, 2007 3:13 PM

Jul 2007
The third movie is a spin-off, so it doesnt continue the story of the two first movies. Well, L beat Light in the second movie. So, that means, the END.
Aug 31, 2007 4:19 PM

Apr 2007
Ohh i see....weeird. But thats good that L got to beat Light in the 2nd movie. Cause i really think L deserves to beat Light after all thier cat and mouse games....he should've been the one to beat Light ANYWAYS, who gives a rats ass about NEAR!! Well he wasn't horrible or anything, but he was no L...and L deserved to WIN!!.
Sep 11, 2007 3:05 AM

Sep 2007
L's death ruined the show for me I had to force my finish the last ten episodes or so. I did not like the ending.
Sep 11, 2007 10:40 AM

Apr 2007
Out of curiosity what didnt you like about the ending?....besides the fact that L wasn't around :(
Sep 11, 2007 10:43 PM

Sep 2007
I didnt like near or mello. It waas too easy for Near. Kira made way too many mistakes in the end, ones he should been able to avoid. Near did not seem to be that smart to me. It was pretty obvious when Mikami responds to only light. He was way too cocky in the end. I did like that Ryuk kept his promise and was the one who eventually kiils him
Sep 18, 2007 9:51 AM

Jul 2007
I wish L hadn't died, don't misunderstand. But he couldn't really live, it wouldn't work. Everyone(practically)had to die for that show to be what it is/was.
And I thought L didn't live in the live action movies. Didn't he die at the end of the second movie, eating chocolate?(Like, after the credits or something) That's what I remember...

Oct 12, 2007 12:40 AM

Jul 2007
L should have lived!!
yukoOct 12, 2007 12:47 AM
Oct 13, 2007 2:35 PM

Sep 2007
....i will gladly vent....-ahem- *cough cough*
WHY DID L HAVE TO DIE!!!!!!-SOB- I HATE YOU LIGHT YOU STUPID YATO BAKKA!! AHO!! IHATE YOU!!! IHATE REM TO FOR THE ONE DOING THE JOB! AHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i cant belive he is gone....but im glad that light had one last look at him before light died...>:) he will be haunted FOREVER!!!! MUAHAHAHA
-ahem-
i will mis L 0:)
The sentance below is true
the sentance above is false

Oct 22, 2007 10:32 PM

Oct 2007
Yes, I agree that the series took a hit after L died, because in my opinion Mello and Near, while unique, were not particularly well fleshed-out characters so I wasn't really invested in their survival against Kira. (Perhaps it is different in the manga, which I have not read.) In other words, they didn't steal my heart like L did, or captivate me with their quirks (yeah, chocolate, toys, whatever), or show enough emotion to make me feel the empathy that I did for L.

I guess I would conclude that the series, insofar as the plot is concerned, was still done amazingly well. Light (although I hated his personality) was another well-developed character, like L, and I watched because I wanted to see what would happen to him. Would it be another "Just as Planned" or NOT AS PLANNED? My dislike for Light aside, the plot was completely riveting, even without L. ;_;

But if we're talking about the series in a more emotional sense, then yes the series took a great hit with L's death. For me, when L was alive, each episode seemed more like an hour, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean that I felt blissfully lost in watching all the interaction and mind games between Light and L. When L died, it was like suddenly the last few episodes flew by, still absolutely perfect in a technical sense but with the soul sucked out of it.
Oct 23, 2007 9:02 AM

Aug 2007
Seriously, after episode 26 or whenever L died, they would have been better off just ending the show there... Death Note really took a plunge after that. -.- Though the last scene in the last epi with them showing L was kick ass. ;D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 23, 2007 5:19 PM

Jul 2007
WinterNightsFall said:
Seriously, after episode 26 or whenever L died, they would have been better off just ending the show there... Death Note really took a plunge after that. -.- Though the last scene in the last epi with them showing L was kick ass. ;D

I agree. they should have ended the show. I dont mind Light winning, i like both of them, i just really hate Near and Mello.
Oct 28, 2007 8:08 PM

Jun 2007
I definetly wanted L to defeat Light, and I like the fact that the series continue even after he died. why?
I dont want Light to win, in the begining I liked him too, but then he went crazy, in top of that killed L.
personaly, I think Light had a lot of advantage, L had to start from scratch, not knowing about the shinigami/etc, so for me Light cheated =O
Near and Mello didnt get to my wrong side, there werent enough episodes to get to know them. I have to agree, that the first arc (L) was much better than 2nd (N&M), but I still like it. Light was taken down, they still mention L, Mello helped Near (which was sweet) and more quirks.
Nov 16, 2007 3:49 PM
Nov 2007
i cried T_T when L died!!!!!!!!!! i'm very sensitive about these kind of stuff, but i liked Shawaazu's spoiler so i'm happy! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^
Dec 6, 2007 2:27 AM
Jul 2018
I also cried xD
I hate KIRA! He killed L!
On movie 2, they both died...
But there are an upcoming movie this 2008. I think this will be the last movie at DEATH NOTE. Will L lives again in the nxt movie or Near will be repalced??

At the both stories, I like the movie, no anime, no!
Both of them...If you're an addict, u will both like it!
I'm DN addict xD

i CANT WAIT TO WATCH THE DN MOVIE 3! xD

Dec 6, 2007 9:41 PM

Jun 2007
I didnt cry when L died, I was spoiled xD Im a curious cat
Dec 22, 2007 12:59 AM
Dec 2007
He dies?! I didn't even know that....that sucks....I don''t even feel like watching anymore
Dec 22, 2007 10:53 AM
Aug 2007
Honestly, Kira was gonna kill him sooner or later. I was shocked, but not surprised. At least he left a legacy and two successors - Near and Mello, who are hardcore cool just like L-kun :3
Dec 22, 2007 2:47 PM
Dec 2007
I meed to stop looking at this thread,...I don't wabba get too much intel on this,...I'm only on episode 10
Dec 22, 2007 4:03 PM

Aug 2007
In that case, go! Watch!

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 26, 2008 4:35 AM
Jan 2008
Noooo ;.; L will live on foreve! You do have to admit though, Near and L look like they could be twins
Jan 26, 2008 1:36 PM

Dec 2007
yeah L. is still alive xD.
~mooo!
be aware.. Headcrab will definitely eat you too!
Jan 30, 2008 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
I was very upset( as everybody in this club:) when L died.I thought after this the anime will be boring but i was wrong. Near is not L, but he admitted it, he can't replace L, but I am of course on his side. I wanted so much he could catch Kira, and in the end somehow I was happy XD It is very sad that those people like Light are exist.But world is not perfect...:(

Naoki23Feb 2, 2008 2:25 AM
Feb 2, 2008 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
I found this on Youtube. It is rather "nice," despite what it depicts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHkR9Rb24IA&feature=related

And yes, I was sad when L died, but it was in the middle of some excitement. It was sad because I can seriously dress like him; my feet manage to kill my socks, and I don't have any name brand white shirts. I also stay up half the night, and my hair is getting rather messy.

So it was like a part of me died :-(

Feb 3, 2008 4:41 AM

Oct 2007
Heh, so you can cosplay nicely L,can't you? I've watched this video about L's death ;__;
Feb 4, 2008 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
I'd assume I could cosplay as L; I haven't because I had just started on Death Note in January. At least we get to see him as the main character in "Death Note: Another Note."

Feb 5, 2008 10:58 AM

Apr 2007
When I read L died in the manga I cried.

When I saw it in the anime...I still cried.

Excuse me for going fangirl but WAHHHHHHHH WAI DID HE DAI???!?!?!! I HEART YOU NEAR BUT YOUR MASTER WAS BETTERRRRRRR!!!!!

The fact that the ghost of L appeared at the end made me feel better though cuz he still won through his apprentices. *cackle*

Feb 7, 2008 3:37 AM

Oct 2007
You have got a really cute picturee.:P I love Naruto, KIsame-Dei,oh, Ita and Tob. So cuteee.*__*
Feb 13, 2008 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
i used up the whole entire tissue box! its pretty sad too cuz i even knew about his death and saw the death tributes and everything but still cried that much! L IS STILL ALIVE!!!! his spirit lives on in the spoon.
Feb 15, 2008 4:56 PM

Oct 2007
it was shock and aww.....aww man....now what....light must die.

Feb 16, 2008 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
i needed like 5 boxes of tissues when he died...it was so sad ;_:
Feb 24, 2008 4:13 PM
Feb 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0PXusj66I
both deaths from the movie.. rem and from writing his own name in the death note..
it had more to it but
4:40-5:15~first death
then the explanation to why he didn't die follows right after
7:50-to end ~~second death
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxizYlj18F4
anime

It was soo sad when he died T_T

I miss having him around......

I still read all the manga and will finish the anime but it isn't the same
Sparoe64Feb 24, 2008 4:25 PM
Feb 25, 2008 8:19 PM

Feb 2008
I just wanted for the real L to finish Kira off in the end not the successors. He worked so intensely on the case. OHhh...my once he died i started missing his weird fethishes/quirks. Idk he really was an interesting sexy character ayyy :D

The saddest thing for me were moments in the series, when L begins to have some kind of bond with light even though he knows that light just wants him dead and is playing the cooaperative friend. L had a weird side, knowledge side, dark funny sarcastic side, and a very kind sweet side that he does not intend to show. Matawi seemed like his father figure....ahhh i just hate he had to die watching him in the rain hearing the bells and than helping light soak up from the rain :(
very sad.

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven.
Feb 28, 2008 4:42 AM

Jan 2008
truebluenat said:
I just wanted for the real L to finish Kira off in the end not the successors. He worked so intensely on the case. OHhh...my once he died i started missing his weird fethishes/quirks. Idk he really was an interesting sexy character ayyy :D

The saddest thing for me were moments in the series, when L begins to have some kind of bond with light even though he knows that light just wants him dead and is playing the cooaperative friend. L had a weird side, knowledge side, dark funny sarcastic side, and a very kind sweet side that he does not intend to show. Matawi seemed like his father figure....ahhh i just hate he had to die watching him in the rain hearing the bells and than helping light soak up from the rain :(
very sad.

couldnt have been said any better. i just finished the series today.

~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILERSSSSSSSSSS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lol i had everything spoiled but i was on the floor laughing when light died. if you've seen the whole thing watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXhXNjW7BW0&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b
Mar 2, 2008 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
You know what I absolutly hate the most about L dying? Before he died, after both L and Light had gotten back in the building and were drying off, L offered to dry Lights feet for him! UUHH! That made me so sad/mad, because it felt like L was giving up, and was basicly telling him that Light had won! GUHH!! That part really pissed me off, because I thought L was going to put up a fight untill the end, but, I don't know, I felt betrayed.
Mar 4, 2008 8:54 PM
Feb 2008
I can't wait for the third movie...

its ALL ABOUT L!!
yay!
Mar 5, 2008 11:24 AM

Mar 2008
I really cried when he dies Q__Q
One of the most sad moments in all the animés I have seen.

After ep. 25.. I wouldn't watch the rest of Death Note.. But.. After two or three days, I had to see what happend after his dead.
And the whole time I hope that, he suddenly would return. . But that never happend ;____;

I really hate Raito for what he did.. Q.Q!
He was L's only and first true friend. And that's what really make me angry!!
He didn't deserve to die.. !!! TToTT!

What? Are you mad because I killed you? o____O?
Mar 8, 2008 4:51 AM

Nov 2007
Is there going to be a third movie??!? I mean... the second one ended with both of the main characters dead :S But I'm currently watching the anime now because I watched te movie before the anime and I loved that L won from Light. Still I hated the fact that L died in the movies! I cried XD :P It was soo sad!
Mar 10, 2008 6:37 PM
Feb 2008
yes, there is a third movie... and it is about:

ether way it will be about him ^_^
Mar 18, 2008 9:12 PM

Feb 2008
:( :( :( :( :( :(
It's so hard for me to even go on and watch the rest of the anime! L was the most exciting part that I looked forward to in each episode! WAHHHHHH QQ

I cried too. Who's brilliant idea was it to kill off the best character everrrrrrrrr? I want to write his name in my death note. >.>

a hu hu. Can't spell 'love' without L.
Mar 22, 2008 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
Drakhaoul said:
a hu hu. Can't spell 'love' without L.

You're so right.
Mar 23, 2008 11:18 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't even believe it at first, I was so sad. D: I was like NOPE HE'S NOT REALLY DEAD

Then as the episodes went on...

*sob* *sob*

F U LIGHT! :[ After all...
Drakhaoul said:
Can't spell 'love' without L.

Mar 23, 2008 4:19 PM

Feb 2008
Death Note ended for me when L died...I mean I still watched it but my heart wasn't really in it. *sob*
Mar 28, 2008 12:07 PM

Mar 2008
I screamed at my computer when I watched the episode. :( And then I sobbed as L looked at Light one last time and Light was GRINNING. The bastard.
Mar 28, 2008 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
XtransylvanianX said:
I screamed at my computer when I watched the episode. :( And then I sobbed as L looked at Light one last time and Light was GRINNING. The bastard.

Ohmygod, I know. I'm so glad that punk died in the end. I hate that guy. :/

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Favourite character in Death Note apart from L? ( 1 2 )

sasukexchan - Dec 13, 2007

88 by Izarara »»
Dec 18, 2016 1:36 PM

» You know you're addicted to Death Note when...

MedliSage - Apr 23, 2008

27 by JDarkly »»
Feb 25, 2016 7:13 AM

» Ten ways to make Light Yagami angry.

XtransylvanianX - Mar 31, 2008

25 by MermaidGalaxies »»
Oct 26, 2010 3:21 AM

» Death Note: Bound Prince Translation. YAOI! :3

Raspbeary - Mar 19, 2008

10 by hchiaki »»
Apr 7, 2010 9:52 AM

» So um...

Link4all - Jun 16, 2008

6 by pokemaniac07 »»
Jun 27, 2009 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.