Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2012 2:07 AM

Jan 2012
As all of you may have noticed, there are a lot of DVD's which are poorly subbed.

Most of them are directly translated. I'm starting to wonder if the DVD's I bought are just fakes with the original tag on it.

On top of that i heard that the anime industry is steadily declining. So you can guess why i would want to support them by buying original.

So where can i get DVD's that are original?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 25, 2012 5:40 AM

Jun 2009
I will say directly here, most of anime DVDs in Malaysia are bootlegs which mean fake although they have original tag on them. LF company and Animedia company sell bootlegs anime dvds. If you want to support anime industry, you can buy imported anime DVD from Japan or North America. There are only few original anime DVD you can find in Malaysia and some of the company that release them are PMP Entertainment and ODEX. There are other two company but I cant remember the name. If you want to buy bootlegs anime DVD, I will advice you to just download from internet because it's free. Bootlegs are not different than pirate. There are some discussions about this in the internet. Just search from google. I think you will find it at Low Yat forum. Dont buy bootlegs because you will just waste your money 'cause you can get free from internet.

I dont think that the anime industry is declining. I think most of the profits gained by the anime studio come from Japan's otaku that buy the BD and DVD. The price of anime BD and DVD in Japan is really expensive for just 2-3 episodes in one disc. If you compare the price between boxset anime DVD in Japan and Malaysia, "macam langit dengan bumi" Malay people said.
Apr 26, 2012 3:16 AM

Apr 2012
it suck....most of my anime i buy from dvd shop, half of them were thrown to the bin.
- subtitle suck as hell...got a direct translation and chinese name been translated on them instead of japs
- poor graphic...you buy a dvd version just to find inside got a vcd recorded quality.
- Letterbox..Its a virus spreading like hell...fansubs is better...they think malaysia is some kind of stone age country that all the exist tv is 1:1 only...shame on them....the letterbox will hunt you when you play anime on HD screen it'll become black border....annoying

With quality like this they want us to support the original?...mehh I better download ^^
May 1, 2012 2:06 AM

Jun 2009
Well, if the anime in your dvd is in 4:3 format, then it will show black border on wide screen hd tv. But if it still show black border despite of the anime is in 16:9 format, then it's really suck. Or perhaps, your anime dvd is bootlegs. It's rare for original anime dvd to have poor graphic quality except for some releases by ODEX. Know the difference between original anime dvd and bootlegs anime dvd.
May 11, 2012 7:13 AM

Mar 2011
That why i prefer to buy pirate DVD that sub-ed by fansub. Ori DVD box is so suck, it been edit and cut mercilessly. I worth to wait Pirated Bluray version DVD to release. It take a while tough (High School DxD and R-15 bought recently, heh.. no edited or cut)
May 20, 2012 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
Well one thing I don't understand though is why nobody has done anything about this.Isn't piracy taken seriously in Malaysia?Despite that we've got pirated DVD's In nearly every DVD store in Malaysia and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of anime fans in Malaysia who still buy these....
Nov 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Jun 2009
I think the reason for anime fans in Malaysia to buy those pirated/bootlegged anime DVDs is that they dont have the means to download/stream watching every episodes of recent anime series. It's pretty hard to download anime episodes every week with limited bandwidth quota if using celcom/maxis/digi/P1 unless you use streamyx or unifi that has unlimited bandwitdh quota. I always bought those DVDs during those days using celcom broadband but not anymore since I use streamyx.
Jun 29, 2013 10:43 AM

Mar 2013
anniq said:
I think the reason for anime fans in Malaysia to buy those pirated/bootlegged anime DVDs is that they dont have the means to download/stream watching every episodes of recent anime series. It's pretty hard to download anime episodes every week with limited bandwidth quota if using celcom/maxis/digi/P1 unless you use streamyx or unifi that has unlimited bandwitdh quota. I always bought those DVDs during those days using celcom broadband but not anymore since I use streamyx.

Sad truth.. This happened to me. Even if I knew that those DVDs I've bought aren't the Original ones that came from Japan but still, I HAD to buy them no matter what or I would end up having a life without anime!! No way. T,T
Darn my internet connection.. slow broadband which had limited quota.. grrrr *stares at my broadband*
--CHOTTO! It's Under Progress--
Jan 14, 2014 9:25 PM

Sep 2012
I also would want to buy original DVD (say NO to bootlegs!!)

I can't download so many anime because my HDD is full and my streamyx speed is 1Mbps..

as 'speed' and 'transfer rate' is actually different.. an 1Mbps speed would means only 125kbps max transfer rate!

----
saya pernah terfikir untuk start buat fansub BM anime tapi x jadi sebab bahasa yg mereka guna terlalu 'mendalam' dan 'sensitif'... saya sekarang cuma menolong fansub video MV utk AKB48 (and the gang) serta variety show yg b'kaitan AKB48 di bawah kumpulan kami MSA48

- Website - Facebook -
I'm not completely gone, I'm just more active in game & open-source software forums instead of anime/comic forums. You could check out my inter-forum detailed signature for more up-to-date info about me.
Jan 15, 2014 8:41 AM

Aug 2013
Oh... That's a good idea actually! Why don't we make our own fansubbed group!? We can at least make it as our club's weekly activity (or monthly activity in worst case at least)! Btw, what's the difference between 'signal strength' and 'connection'?
WE SHOULD ALL GET ALONG~!

>:3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How old are you? ( 1 2 )

iiHoly - Jul 11, 2017

50 by LEGWIZ »»
Mar 2, 6:13 AM

» I Need Gacha Gamers for My Thesis Survey. HELP ME GAMERS HAHAH

KuroJack21 - May 17, 2022

1 by LoliXSlayer »»
Jun 7, 2022 4:56 AM

» New Anime in TV!!! ( 1 2 )

kira_yamato90 - Nov 4, 2008

58 by Sonata_m »»
Aug 6, 2021 11:36 AM

» guacamole

fpgiwnl - Feb 27, 2021

1 by esofdiamon »»
Apr 29, 2021 7:34 AM

» We need help to translate Under 18 Elite and Kijiya to English so we can bring them to the WORLD.

mekukun - Apr 4, 2021

0 by mekukun »»
Apr 4, 2021 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.