Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2012 3:39 AM

Dec 2011
So if you haven't noticed already there are some changes underway to the union. If you have anything that you would like to suggest or want to see please feel free to comment here. :c)

HypercardiacFeb 7, 2012 3:46 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 13, 2012 10:52 AM

May 2011
For times when you need an idea or have writer's block, maybe you can set up a persistent chat room somewhere like on skype or irc for people to help each other out?
Feb 13, 2012 10:00 PM

Dec 2011
Id be Happy to help out with that as Im always ON Skype and more than happy to Talk to anyone about anything :D
My Skype Name Is Bennyamd
The Night is Always Darkest Before the Dawn.

Changing the world with one act of kindness at a time.

Feb 13, 2012 11:45 PM

Dec 2011
I am usually on there too! You can find me under the same name/pic! If enough people are interested I can start a thread on Writers Block: Sykpe Group...

Feb 14, 2012 12:36 AM

Dec 2011
I guess if a Skype group is in the works, I might as well join in the chat.( Skype name is Zachgranstrom)

_______
Possible idea: What if we have a blogging competition where members of the club vote to see who wrote the best blog review...or whatever.

First prize = A special LE Bloggers badge.
Second prize= Another member card of his/her choosing.
Third Prize: Honorable mention on the club profile page.
Mar 6, 2012 5:36 PM

Dec 2011
Zachgranstrom said:
I guess if a Skype group is in the works, I might as well join in the chat.( Skype name is Zachgranstrom)

_______
Possible idea: What if we have a blogging competition where members of the club vote to see who wrote the best blog review...or whatever.

Thats a good idea! :c) PM me about how you would like to see that work!

Mar 6, 2012 5:38 PM

Dec 2011
bennyamd said:
Id be Happy to help out with that as Im always ON Skype and more than happy to Talk to anyone about anything :D
My Skype Name Is Bennyamd

I am going to make a thread where people can add their skpe names and if you would like to start a group that would be greatly appreciated! Be sure to add myself, Zach and verdantly!!!

Mar 7, 2012 9:46 PM

Dec 2011
Hypercardiac said:
Zachgranstrom said:

_______

I was thinking we could choose a show to review (anime obviously), then the club members vote to decide who wrote the best review.
Mar 8, 2012 12:24 PM

Apr 2008
Zachgranstrom said:
Hypercardiac said:
Zachgranstrom said:

_______

I was thinking we could choose a show to review (anime obviously), then the club members vote to decide who wrote the best review.

Personally, I feel that is a great idea! It will encourage everyone to write a review (great for overcoming writer's block), and it could also serve as a way for people to receive feedback towards their writing style. If everyone else thinks this is a good idea, we should start voting for a show to review. I guess, just make sure it is a popular title that most people have seen so that everyone can write about it.

Mar 8, 2012 5:36 PM

Dec 2011
Don_Don_Kun said:
Zachgranstrom said:
Hypercardiac said:
Zachgranstrom said:

_______

Personally, I feel that is a great idea! It will encourage everyone to write a review (great for overcoming writer's block), and it could also serve as a way for people to receive feedback towards their writing style. If everyone else thinks this is a good idea, we should start voting for a show to review. I guess, just make sure it is a popular title that most people have seen so that everyone can write about it.

I can make up a thread tonight for it and it will go out in this months newsletter so that people know about it. :c) I am thinking that we can do Bleach for a starter anime. Most everyone has seen this or has strong reasoning against it lol. For next month we can have people suggest/vote on what anime to use and just go down the list.

Mar 8, 2012 8:47 PM

Apr 2008
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Zachgranstrom said:
Hypercardiac said:
Zachgranstrom said:

_______

I can make up a thread tonight for it and it will go out in this months newsletter so that people know about it. :c) I am thinking that we can do Bleach for a starter anime. Most everyone has seen this or has strong reasoning against it lol. For next month we can have people suggest/vote on what anime to use and just go down the list.

I know this is going to seem a bit biased simply because I haven't watched Bleach, but would it be possible to start with something...with fewer episodes? That way, even if people haven't seen the show, they can easily finish it in a day or so if it's 12 episodes. Even 24 wouldn't be too much to ask, but Bleach kind of requires a large time commitment for those that haven't bothered keeping up with it.

Just my thoughts, since this might become a monthly thing, it's fine if you guys go with Bleach to start and we just vote next month :D

Edit: saw that Bleach has already been chosen. I guess for next time, should we set a restriction that the monthly contests can only be anime that are two cour maximum (ie. around 26 episodes)? This way, it will allow people who have not watched the show a chance to catch up. Since ~26 episodes should only take a few days or a week to watch (depends on one's free time), it will allow more people to participate. It's better than having most people say "Oh, I haven't seen this, I can't participate" and only having 2-3 people write reviews per month. Just my 2 cents, maybe we can do this next time?
Don_Don_KunMar 8, 2012 8:54 PM

Mar 8, 2012 8:56 PM

Dec 2011
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:

I know this is going to seem a bit biased simply because I haven't watched Bleach, but would it be possible to start with something...with fewer episodes? That way, even if people haven't seen the show, they can easily finish it in a day or so if it's 12 episodes. Even 24 wouldn't be too much to ask, but Bleach kind of requires a large time commitment for those that haven't bothered keeping up with it.

Just my thoughts, since this might become a monthly thing, it's fine if you guys go with Bleach to start and we just vote next month :D

I kinda threw Bleach out there since I know alot of people have seen it but yeah it is a long seris for those that havent seen it. Its kinda hard to find a one that everyone knows that is short and can get access to it easily. If you want to recomend one that is about 12ep and is popular let me know! I can always change it.
HypercardiacMar 8, 2012 8:59 PM

Mar 8, 2012 9:00 PM

Apr 2008
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:

I kinda threw Bleach out there since I know alot of people have seen it but yeah it is a long seris for those that havent seen it. Its kinda hard to find a one that everyone knows that is short and can get access to it easily. If you want to recomend one that is about 12ep and is popular let me know! I can always change it.

I feel kinda bad changing it since you've already choosing this month's title, but if you're okay with it, I'd suggest maybe Air? It's only 12 (13 if you count the re-cap) episodes and most people have likely seen it (and if not, can easily finish it within a reasonable amount of time). Hopefully this will make it so more people can participate.

Mar 8, 2012 9:03 PM

Dec 2011
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:

I feel kinda bad changing it since you've already choosing this month's title, but if you're okay with it, I'd suggest maybe Air? It's only 12 (13 if you count the re-cap) episodes and most people have likely seen it (and if not, can easily finish it within a reasonable amount of time). Hopefully this will make it so more people can participate.

Ok we can do that! I will see if I can find some links where you can find it online for people that havent seen it. Unless you know some?

Mar 8, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2008
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:

Ok we can do that! I will see if I can find some links where you can find it online for people that havent seen it. Unless you know some?

Well, assuming it's allowed to post links here (I'm new at posting on the forums), you can stream the episodes here in passable quality: http://www.animehere.com/anime/air-tv.html

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how were we going to go about posting these reviews? Were we just going to post them on MAL as reviews, or in a specific thread? Either way, could I suggest that people refrain from posting their score for the anime, since it could affect the voting? I mean, people should be free to write their review based on how they felt about the anime. I feel giving a tangible score could skew the voting process.

Mar 8, 2012 9:16 PM

Dec 2011
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:

Well, assuming it's allowed to post links here (I'm new at posting on the forums), you can stream the episodes here in passable quality: http://www.animehere.com/anime/air-tv.html

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how were we going to go about posting these reviews? Were we just going to post them on MAL as reviews, or in a specific thread? Either way, could I suggest that people refrain from posting their score for the anime, since it could affect the voting? I mean, people should be free to write their review based on how they felt about the anime. I feel giving a tangible score could skew the voting process.

Links are ok! :c) As far as score I dont think it would effect them at all. Some people will like the anime and some wont which will show through their writting. I would like to think that people will vote more on how the review was done then on the fact that the (voter) likes the anime and the (reviewer) did not.
HypercardiacMar 8, 2012 9:21 PM

Mar 8, 2012 9:26 PM

Apr 2008
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:
Hypercardiac said:

Links are ok! :c) As far as score I dont think it would effect them at all. Some people will like the anime and some wont which will show through their writting. I would like to think that people will vote more on how the review was done then on the fact that the (voter) likes the anime and the (reviewer) did not.

Great, saw the updated March contest and it looks like it will be a blast! Thanks for making the changes :D

Mar 8, 2012 9:35 PM

Dec 2011
Hypercardiac said:
Don_Don_Kun said:

Great, saw the updated March contest and it looks like it will be a blast! Thanks for making the changes :D

No prob! :c) Lets hope we can get some people to participate!

Apr 11, 2012 10:53 AM

Sep 2009
I really like the Skype idea. My username is the same as my MAL username. Add me if you'd like c:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Blogs: Blogger Library

Hypercardiac - Feb 7, 2012

31 by TheNerdAlec »»
Jun 13, 2016 12:43 AM

» Exchange Link

mitayashi - May 25, 2009

4 by malinbelle »»
Feb 7, 2016 1:16 PM

Sticky: » [OPEN] Official Member Cards!!!

Hypercardiac - Feb 11, 2012

24 by shiizumi »»
Apr 15, 2013 7:03 PM

Sticky: » Blogs: List Of Currently Updated Blogs

Ashuri - Mar 5, 2012

18 by hontobaka »»
Oct 12, 2012 5:28 PM

» SushiGokart.net Presents: Anime's Next Top Blogger!

SamFury - Aug 1, 2012

0 by SamFury »»
Aug 1, 2012 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.