Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2012 10:07 PM
Apr 2010
Hashirama probably,lol
Probably not an Uchiha.Tobi had to implant the rinnegan to gain it's abilities AND keep a sharrigan for some reason?.While Madara's evoled eyes can use both skills with the advanced rinnegan.
I think He and Madara orchestrated this whole thing to do the good all "shift evil on ones self" act and unite everyone,thus bringing peace.This would also fulfill the Sage of Six path wish of true peace brought by his sons,or in this case their desendents (Senju/Uchiha).

That or the obviously teased Obito or Madara's brother. ;)
Mar 27, 2012 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
shakeyourpup45 said:

Or maybe he's the Ten Tails incarnate or an empty container for the ten tails ;) because the name "Tobi" can mean "ten tails".

It doesn't make much grammatical sense in Japanese, but otherwise, it's the most beautiful theory I've ever seen. If it's true, and if (a really large 'if') anything among what he said was true, then the sage probably took away its chakra, creating the tailed beasts, and its (suspiciously human-like) body to create the moon (because that makes so much sense), leaving its mind in something human-like. Thus his statement that he's a shell of his previous self, or whatever. And his strange preoccupation with the Uchiha and Senju (as descendants of the sage who depowered him) and their eyes (the one eye of the Juubi looked like a mix of the Sharingan and the Rinnengan. Is it possible that that's where the eyes came from?...), not to mention how he wants the power of the tailed beasts...
“There's power in the night. There's terror in the darkness. Despite all our accumulated history, learning, and experience, we remember. We remember times when we were too small to reach the light switch on the wall, and when darkness itself was enough to make us cry out in fear....”
~ The Dresden Files
★ ★ ★
Apr 1, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2007
LieutenantWinter said:
shakeyourpup45 said:

Or maybe he's the Ten Tails incarnate or an empty container for the ten tails ;) because the name "Tobi" can mean "ten tails".

It doesn't make much grammatical sense in Japanese, but otherwise, it's the most beautiful theory I've ever seen. If it's true, and if (a really large 'if') anything among what he said was true, then the sage probably took away its chakra, creating the tailed beasts, and its (suspiciously human-like) body to create the moon (because that makes so much sense), leaving its mind in something human-like. Thus his statement that he's a shell of his previous self, or whatever. And his strange preoccupation with the Uchiha and Senju (as descendants of the sage who depowered him) and their eyes (the one eye of the Juubi looked like a mix of the Sharingan and the Rinnengan. Is it possible that that's where the eyes came from?...), not to mention how he wants the power of the tailed beasts...

Still that would be a typical shonen trope, a cliche way of revealing his character. I hope kishimoto gives us a unpredictable "in your face", what the hell type answer.

Aug 15, 2012 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
I'm starting to think that Tobi might not be that bad of a guy. I think he just wants peace for everybody & is testing them to see if they can unite as one to bring him down. To attack the entire shinobi world with the alias "Madara Uchiha" would make the five great nations put their differences aside so that no other village has to be destroyed as the bi-product of war. If they can't beat him as a united front, the Infinite Tsukiyomi is his way of achieving 100% guaranteed peace! :)
The Uzimaki clan had their entire village destroyed because of the previous wars so maybe he's an Uzimaki clan member? I know it hasn't been proven canonically but I personally believe the theory that you need both Senju & Uchiha blood to utilize the rinnegans full powers. If Tobi IS an Uzimaki & his sharingan belonged to Obito he could've easily inserted Uchiha cells in his body to posses the body of a Senju & the eyes of an Uchiha.
Aug 15, 2012 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
Tobi is a totally random person that nobody even knows but is using the body of Obito and one of his eyes 0.o
Aug 15, 2012 2:35 PM

Jul 2011
Tobi only uses Obito's eye and looks like Uchiha Madara (chapter 404).
Aug 15, 2012 7:32 PM

Aug 2012
Madara's brother with Obito's eye and Nagato's rinnengan
Simple
Aug 16, 2012 8:55 AM

Jul 2011
Glassheartss said:
Madara's brother with Obito's eye and Nagato's rinnengan
Simple
To exchange a mangekyo sharingan for two sharingans with three tomoes... Izuna is a genius !
Aug 16, 2012 9:37 AM
Feb 2012
SolidBarrel said:
Tobi is Madara! But undead version lol..

This. If I hear Obito again I might rip out my eye sockets. Something happened and zetsu revived him somehow. It's out of the world but it can't be disproven.
whatevnAug 16, 2012 9:43 AM
Aug 16, 2012 10:16 AM
Mar 2012
didn't kisame see his face and say it was madara? yeah he has obito's eye, he even has his hair and even their names are similar but it definitely won't turn out to be him
Aug 16, 2012 10:18 AM

Jan 2012
I really wanted him to be obito but due to recent chapters it doesn't look very likely.
Aug 16, 2012 10:28 AM

Jul 2011
Shaduge said:
didn't kisame see his face and say it was madara? yeah he has obito's eye, he even has his hair and even their names are similar but it definitely won't turn out to be him

Kisame was the only character who saw Tobi's face. I suppose that the guy who fought against Minato 16 years ago is not Tobi.
Aug 16, 2012 11:05 AM
Mar 2012
amenboy972 said:
Shaduge said:

Kisame was the only character who saw Tobi's face. I suppose that the guy who fought against Minato 16 years ago is not Tobi.

I think it is, kisame saw his face 2 times and called him madara
the first time he saw what looked like madara with bandages (live corpse reincarnation?):
http://www.mangareader.net/93-56935-13/naruto/chapter-507.html
kisame has a point, to control the fourth mizu along with the 3 tails it can only be madara, or maybe kisame had a genjutsu cast on him
the second time after itachi's death
http://www.mangareader.net/93-409-3/naruto/chapter-404.html
what looks exactly like the tobi that fought minato was also called madara by him, they must be the same tobi after all he just overused the space time ninjutsu few chapters ago against naruto and the others
Aug 16, 2012 1:26 PM

May 2010
Maybe Tobi used Genjutsu on Kisame?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 16, 2012 11:18 PM

Feb 2012
I still kinda think it's Obito.... I've had my suspicions since he was first introduced, but because of contradictory events and my lack of organization when it comes to remembering them all to fit my theory, i just stopped trying to guess.
The most recent chapter somewhat implies that it is Obito though...unless Tobi just went around one day looking for dying Uchihas to steal eyes from.
Aug 17, 2012 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
I'll just copy what i have in the recent naruto discussion thread.

Well if you take age into consideration and how his voice sounds, how old he was during the time. He can not possibly be Obito or Rin, he was a man during the attack of konoho, 1 year after obito met his death. Kakashi was still a damn child then and he was a full fledged adult.

Also its not possible for him to be madara's brother i mean, come on THINK!! During the 2nd shinobi world war, he was a man. If he was Izuna or madara by then. that would be 80 years age, from the start of the story line, in which case naruto was just born and that was during the invasion of konoho. He would probably have to be 90 years old when he fought minata, so clearly, Izuna is out of the question.

The theory bout Hashirami sanju of course would never work either because he just simply was not even born during that era. That was even further back then Izuna. During the time in wich Sarutobi was just a child.

That leaves only one person left, Shisui Uchiha. Personally it all fits, Shinsui was alive and a young man and part of the ambu squad and knew itachi then. It was during the same era that minata was alive. Now it was stated that he died to protect the conflict from arising, but it also stated that he left all existence behind. Taking into consideration his age, the time of his life and the era he lived at, he fits the bill for being tobi more then any other character. Not to mention his facial features and appearances are absolutely identical to that of tobi.

So people that think its the other people that i listed above, your just all delusional, logically it can't happen, its impossible if you take age into consideration. NOW like i said, if their is some possible way that tobi can manipulate time and space to an extent and some how appear in the future or the past, then all is possible and at that point, the answer can be anything. Or if thier is other reasons behind him, like being able to use the forbidden jutsu like orichamaru did and take the body of some one else to be younger, then thier is a still a possibility he can any one as well. So its really all up in the air untill we get a thorough explanation.

Personally i think that would be awesome, if they revealed something like that, maybe the movie was a foreshadowing development of what kind of powers tobi has.

But if the obito theory turns out to be true with no deep explanation behind how he can appear in the future or the past, or something of that nature, where he can manipulate time. Then its just BAD writing on kishimoto's part. It is just absolutely impossible.

Aug 17, 2012 2:03 PM
Mar 2012
^
that doesn't prove him to be shisui
kabuto said "your vessel is unique" to tobi, he must have known something about him, he also said he couldn't find shisui's body, that means he doesn't believe tobi to be shisui
tobi also said "damn that danzo, he crushed shisui's eye", why would he refer to himself like that?
yeah they are minor things but they are enough to prove it wrong, besides what about the way he moved his fist when he mentioned izuna to sasuke and what about his relationship to madara? also obito looks more like tobi than shisui, I still don't think it's any of these two though
Aug 17, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2007
Shaduge said:
^
that doesn't prove him to be shisui
kabuto said "your vessel is unique" to tobi, he must have known something about him, he also said he couldn't find shisui's body, that means he doesn't believe tobi to be shisui
tobi also said "damn that danzo, he crushed shisui's eye", why would he refer to himself like that?
yeah they are minor things but they are enough to prove it wrong, besides what about the way he moved his fist when he mentioned izuna to sasuke and what about his relationship to madara? also obito looks more like tobi than shisui, I still don't think it's any of these two though

Well for one, i was not proving anything, i was just speculating, it just seemed out of all those characters, that Shishui is the most likely candidate. Yes he did say he couldn't find Shisue's body, and what does that tell you. That means its not determined to be dead. In other words his existence is a mystery. Tobi has been known for his manipulation so you can't really believe anything that guy says in the manga. He could of mearly stated that his eye was crushed, so they would not predict that he was Shishue. Because during that time, he was known as Madara and im sure tobi wanted to keep it that way so he can gain control and cause fear amongst everyone so nothing can stop him from achieving his goals and starting the 4th shinobi world war.

BUt the other characters are out of the question, unless like i said he has some type of ability or jutsu that enables him to remain inside some one's vessel or body like orichamaru did. For all we know, he could be using some one's body but his being or "real" self is an entire different existence.

If when they reveal his identity in the next couple weeks, it may not even be his true identity. But then again kishimoto did state in the interview that his identity would clearly be revealed. But i would not put it pass kishi to troll us yet again. You find out its OBito or some shit and then later on you find out he was only using Obito as a vessel, here come all the crazy theories again lol.

I would laugh my ass off.
ArtimesGamerAug 17, 2012 5:29 PM

Aug 17, 2012 7:42 PM
Mar 2012
Tobi is ramen guy.

There is no other explanation
I put rocks in my snowballs. Twice the accuracy, twice the pain.
Aug 18, 2012 9:14 AM

Jul 2011
Itachi had the Mangekyo Sharingan, so Shisui is dead !
Aug 27, 2012 6:20 AM

Aug 2012
Flaxman said:
Tobi is ramen guy.

There is no other explanation

DAMN YOU TOOK MY ANSWER!!!
Aug 27, 2012 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
The final countdown, 2 days left

Aug 28, 2012 4:15 PM

Jul 2011
This the last day tomorrow we will have the answer !

Oh my godness !!!
Aug 28, 2012 6:18 PM

Jul 2007
I used to watch other anime until i took a shuriken to the knee.

Aug 29, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2008
okay as of now I haven't read Ch. 599 but here is why I believe Tobi aint Obito...

reason is that Jiraiya's students are 4th hokage and.... Nagato, Konan and Yahiko
which means that Nagato and 4th are roughly of the same age
and after 4th grew up and became known as the Yellow Flash he had Kakashi, Rin and Obito as his students

and we know that Nagato wasn't born with the Rinnigan... its was implanted in him by TOBI who as we know has been collecting eyes for God kknows how long... and to do something of this level... Tobi must already be pretty strong n capable... and later Nagato became Jiraiya's pupil...

So if Jiraiya trained Nagato first and then after coming to konoha he took 4th under his wing.... no way Tobi could be Obito coz Obito wasn't even born at the time and Nagato was working with Yahiko kicking everyone's a$$ in Hidden Rain

If you think Jiraiya trained the 4th first and then took Nagato under his wing... please draw me a time line.. cz if we do... Jiraiya would be like... how many years old???
Aug 29, 2012 10:56 AM

Feb 2009
it's Obito obviously....everyone knows that?
Aug 29, 2012 11:09 AM

Jul 2007
Shoaib said:
okay as of now I haven't read Ch. 599 but here is why I believe Tobi aint Obito...

reason is that Jiraiya's students are 4th hokage and.... Nagato, Konan and Yahiko
which means that Nagato and 4th are roughly of the same age
and after 4th grew up and became known as the Yellow Flash he had Kakashi, Rin and Obito as his students

and we know that Nagato wasn't born with the Rinnigan... its was implanted in him by TOBI who as we know has been collecting eyes for God kknows how long... and to do something of this level... Tobi must already be pretty strong n capable... and later Nagato became Jiraiya's pupil...

So if Jiraiya trained Nagato first and then after coming to konoha he took 4th under his wing.... no way Tobi could be Obito coz Obito wasn't even born at the time and Nagato was working with Yahiko kicking everyone's a$$ in Hidden Rain

If you think Jiraiya trained the 4th first and then took Nagato under his wing... please draw me a time line.. cz if we do... Jiraiya would be like... how many years old???

Thier is a simple explanation to all of this, the man who fought minata on the kannabe bridge, was not tobi, he was none other then Madara Uchiha. My guess obito learned of his past history bout the attacking of konoho and when he grew older he dawn the disguised of madara and used the alias of tobi to invistage further into the akutski orgnization.

I am willing to bet though that the man who fought minata 16 years ago was Madara and not tobi, that would explain tobi's identity to be legitimate.

Now of course many mysteries and questions remain bout the connections between madara and Izuna. What happend to rin during this time. I am glad for once that rin is coming back into the picture, i had almost thought that kishi moto would just forget bout her, but it looks like i was wrong.

Of course thier are other charactrers we know little bout like Shisuie Uchiha, Setsuna to name a few, so thier is alot of explaining for kishimoto to do and it better be damn good story tellling. I don't care of the fights are postponed, i want to see all this plot start connecting the dots.
ArtimesGamerAug 29, 2012 11:13 AM

Aug 29, 2012 11:19 AM
Mar 2012
@link9us madara said he died shortly after awakening the rinnegan, the guy who fought minato can't be madara
Aug 30, 2012 4:17 PM
Mar 2012
So, thoughts? Tobi is revealed to be Obito.
Aug 30, 2012 4:20 PM

Jul 2011
It is a fake !
Aug 30, 2012 4:35 PM
Mar 2012
amenboy972 said:
It is a fake !

How? Him being Obito makes perfect sense, Rin needs her "death" explained as well, for the story Tobi being Obito is best.
Aug 30, 2012 4:41 PM
Mar 2012
YOU CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD NOW ITS BEEN REVEALED. TOBI IS OBITO SHEESH!

http://www.goodmanga.net/naruto/chapter/599/15
Aug 30, 2012 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
Well,this thread is now pointless.
Time to lock &/or delete it.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 30, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2011
Oh my goodness !! Tobi is really something !!

The only one person who said "Obito" is Kakashi !!! Tobi did not say nothing yet !!!Obito said that it was too late, he didn't feel his body under the rock but he succeeded to go out under the rock alone. He fixes himself with the Sangoku's senzus. He used the Delorean to return in the past, he gave Nagato the rinnegans, and after he went to the future he took a potion to increase his size and change his voice and he fought with his master Minato Namikaze !
You just fell in a booby-trap !!!

Don't jump to conclusions ! I think you should wait for the next chapter ! This story is not over, I can feel it !!!
Aug 30, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
imagine in ch.600....

Kakashi or Gai: You're.... Obito?
Tobi: err... who??
:p
Aug 30, 2012 7:27 PM

Aug 2012
Shoaib said:
imagine in ch.600....

Yes Yes, typical trolling procedures :D
Aug 31, 2012 12:02 AM

Jul 2007
Glassheartss said:
Shoaib said:
imagine in ch.600....

Or better yet

Kakashi:.. Obito? I thought you were...

Tobi: I can understand your pain and reason to cling to such past memories and this pitiful insignificant being. This host has certainly served me well over the years.

Kakashi: then who are you and how come you have obito's body.

Tobi: As i told the nine tails host, i am no one and i don't have a name! Besides none of that will matter any longer, at last the time as come to show you my ambitions

"Summoning of the 10 tails"

The rest of the shinobi arrive on scene to witness the events transpiring and the mysterious man moves forward with towards the future with his eye of the moon plan.

End of chapter!!

LOL yeah right, that would be awesome though.
ArtimesGamerAug 31, 2012 12:05 AM

Aug 31, 2012 6:41 AM

Oct 2011
I think this is the same reaction everyone had when Itachi showed up between Sasuke and Danzo's fight. Then it was revealed it was just a genjutsu. Let us wait and see... too much speculations..
Aug 31, 2012 7:14 AM

Jul 2011
Flevalt said:
I like the theory that Tobi might actually be a Zetsu clone a lot.

I love this theory !

BlueKite said:
I think this is the same reaction everyone had when Itachi showed up between Sasuke and Danzo's fight. Then it was revealed it was just a genjutsu. Let us wait and see... too much speculations..

Exactly what I think ! This last chapter is a mirage !
Sep 2, 2012 11:33 PM

Jun 2008
link9us said:
Glassheartss said:
Shoaib said:
imagine in ch.600....

Or better yet

Kakashi:.. Obito? I thought you were...

Tobi: I can understand your pain and reason to cling to such past memories and this pitiful insignificant being. This host has certainly served me well over the years.

Kakashi: then who are you and how come you have obito's body.

Tobi: As i told the nine tails host, i am no one and i don't have a name! Besides none of that will matter any longer, at last the time as come to show you my ambitions

"Summoning of the 10 tails"

The rest of the shinobi arrive on scene to witness the events transpiring and the mysterious man moves forward with towards the future with his eye of the moon plan.

End of chapter!!

LOL yeah right, that would be awesome though.

.... and we know that Tobi has a very funny side to him as well :p
or maybe that's his original personality :D
... so let's see what he's got for his fans this week XD
Sep 3, 2012 2:07 AM

Aug 2009
Neizaru said:
It's all clear now

LOL "Just as I planned"

Seriously I still think that Tobi is Izuna, somewhere deep inside my heart I still can't accept Obito. ahrg

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.