Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Which do you like better?
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Nov 11, 2022 4:20 AM

Dec 2020
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this mc deserves the school days treatment. He treats both girls like shit and he gets to pick one in the end?
Dec 28, 2022 7:19 PM
May 2020
I think Mitsuki is the key to all evil and it's easy to see that...
in the beginning if Mitsuki had been sincere and confessed to Takayuki (who also liked her) the whole future would be different, it's ridiculous for you to push the one you love to your best friend and then be sad that they are liking each other.
For me, it's quite true that Haruka and Takayuki spent little time together until the accident happened (which was practically Mitsuki's fault) but it's certainly clear that Takayuki was committed and was already starting to fall deeply in love with Haruka and Mitsuki felt it, she he reaped what he sowed.
after the accident, Mitsuki was completely stupid, taking advantage of Takayuki's emotional weakness and seducing him (betraying her best friend) and after Haruka wakes up, she becomes jealous that Takayuki is closer to Haruka and SEX WITH TAKAYUKI'S BEST FRIEND !???...
it's not hard to see that Mitsuki is definitely the key to all evil, Haruka was genuine from start to finish, for me she was the one who suffered the most without having any fault and still ended up alone and without anyone.
if you think Mitsuki was better you are completely wrong...
Jan 27, 2023 2:29 AM

Aug 2014
if we go by physical appearance and personality, then the three chicks who were attractive were: Mistuki pre-timeskip, Mitsuki post-timeskip, and Akane post-timeskip. Mitsuki and Akane (post-timeskip) were the two main characters woman who were physically attractive and had attractive personalities.

Haruka was never physically attractive nor personality attractive, however, Haruka did have a great rack as it was shown on episode 2 when she and Takayuki were doing it in her room.

In anime, Woman like Haruka, with innocent personalities and sometimes shy, are always meant to lose, like Ryou from Clannad, Kotonoha in School Days, etc. Meaning, woman like Haruka in anime are always involved in a love triangle/harem, but they always lose in the end to the woman with the better personality, thus, we the audience always seem to favor woman with personalities like Mitsuki, Sekai, etc., since they feel more real and lively.

Also, notice how the anime gave tons of nude scenes to Mitsuki, along with dressing very revealing. While Haruka only got that scene on episode 2. Notice how the two scenes when Takayuki and Haruka were both gonna do it, they were either interrupted by Akane on episode 2 or Takayuki stopped after seeing Haruka's scar in the hospital bed. Its because the writers did not want us to see Haruka as a woman.

Even the very first scene on episode 1 was a bootea scene of Mitsuki pulling out a wedgie. The anime made sure to let us know that Mitsuki is the "best girl" by making Mitsuki the most sexxually desirable.

Yes, Takayuki did like Mitsuki in the first episode and not Haruka. However, Takayuki decided to give the relationship with Haruka a chance and he ended up falling in love with Haruka as we see in episode 2. There was even a mention on episode 2 that Mitsuki might have gotten a boyfriend, and Takayuki didnt even care that Mitsuki had gotten one, meaning that Takayuki no longer had feelings for Mitsuki and only cared for Haruka.

But three years without seeing the person you romantically love or hearing their voice is a LONG TIME. Anyone would have moved on, especially Takayuki since he only dated Haruka for like a month or two.

In the end, it made more sense that Takayuki ended with Mitsuki and not with Haruka. AND I LOVE Haruka's explanation in the final episode of why she wanted to break things off with Takayuki: "I fell in love with the Takayuki from three years ago, and not this current Takayuki". I love that scene. Its like seeing a middle school or high school crush or ex years into the future, only to realize that this person standing in front of you is not the one you fell in love with.

And its amazing just how much a woman's affection has on a man, in how as it was shown on episode 5, Takayuki got out of his depression only after Mitsuki kissed him and gave him her bootea.

Now, on to the morals, with cheating and betrayal:

1- Haruka saw Takayuki first and liked him first. She then told Mitsuki (who didnt even know who Takayuki was), to help her and him get together, and Mitsuki agreed. Mitsuki then, after getting to know Takayuki, also developed feelings for him. Here is the thing: Mitsuki and Haruka were close friends. Everyone knows that you dont date or do anything with the person whom your friend or family member had a crush or used to date. THAT IS A HORRIBLE MOVE what Mitsuki did in dating Takayuki or doing anything with him, when her friend/family member was involved with him.

2- Mitsuki had sexx with Shinji and cheated, but lets not forget that Takayuki was making out with Haruka when she was in the hospital bed and almost had sexx with her right then. So they are both at fault.

But if I had to re-write this forum question, it would be: What the heck did any of the girls see in Takayuki, that they are just so weak and always thinking of him? Goodness
Mar 18, 2023 4:04 PM
Mar 2016
Mitsuki all the way. I think this anime was meant to be a more adult and realistic story than most. And I personally don't think any of the characters are acting beyond the pale.

In my opinion, Mitsuki's actions make perfect sense. She and Takayuki both liked each other originally. The whole reason Takayuki is apprehensive about being with Haruka in the first place is because of Mitsuki. Couples form and bond over shared tragedies all the time. It's completely natural for a person to get insecure over what is essentially an emotional affair, and later becomes a romantic affair when Haruka and Takayuki start making out again.

Mitsuki says she doesn't want to be Haruka's friend anymore because she's an active threat to their relationship, and she wants to create distance between the three of them. When that boundary is threatened, she tries to forbid him from seeing her. Immature actions sure, but completely believable given the situation. And honestly it's up for debate whether detached sex is worse than emotionally bonding with your former lover.

The worst thing that Mitsuki did was try to pressure Takayuki into telling Haruka about their relationship. It's a reasonable demand normally, but given the situation that would have only ended horribly. The medical staff and Haruka's parents were the worst people, for essentially forcing Takayuki into an emotional affair, something that is clearly insane to ask of an active couple. At the end of the day though, Takayuki failed to uphold proper boundaries in that context.

Everyone needs a girl like Mitsuki to pick them up when the chips are down. While I liked all the girls, I definitely appreciate this being the canon pairing in the anime. It would have been nice for the group to remain friends at the end, but that would be unrealistic and very difficult to manage. Ex-lovers rarely work out as friends, especially right after a breakup. It makes complete sense why they moved away. I just wish they commented more on Takayumi's original feelings for Mitsuki because those were essentially forgotten about in the series.

As for the other girls: Akane comes next, as a mixture between the two. I was surprised this was never touched on. Then Daiguuji. We don't really get any time with the rest of the supporting cast that interact with him, so Haruka comes in at 4th. They didn't have much in common or a whole lot of chemistry to begin with, and even the original relationship felt like it existed more because it was easy than anything else. Normally I would choose Haruka's role in similar anime, but I think she was incredibly weak here (no pun intended). I'm definitely biased though because Mitsuki is 100% my type, and it's a shame she cut her hair. Don't get me wrong, the short hair still looks great, but I liked the long hair more.

P.S. I realized I never mentioned the friend's love angle. Yes, it is a bitch move to go after someone a friend is interested in or was in a relationship with. But I honestly don't care all that much. At the end of the day, if you really care about someone, you want them to be happy, even if it's not with you. And if you feel really strongly for someone, I don't think it should be a crime to confess to them or go out if your intentions are pure. It would be a different story if Mitsuki didn't care for Takayuki. Without Mitsuki's help, Haruka would have never even asked him out. So in a timeline where Mitsuki doesn't help her, she'd still be betraying Haruka's feelings if she acted instead. And Haruka also suspected that Takayuki and Mitsuki liked each other from the beginning, yet no one levels the same criticism at her. That point is a wash in my opinion. It focuses more on the jealous idea of, "if I can't have them no one will," then what's actually best for everyone involved.

Also, even putting the sex aside. I think we can all agree that Shinji is a trash friend. Yes, people can start moving faster out of sheer survival if left alone during a crisis; but it's always best to share the burden (responsibly) and and move forward together even if it takes more time. If you've had to go through your lowest points alone, you already understand this intimately.
DarkdaxterMar 18, 2023 4:21 PM
Oct 20, 2023 12:12 AM
Dec 2019
Maaf jika terlihat bodoh, tapi kalau menurut ku
Penyebab semua menjadi rumit adalah kecelakaan dan seandainya Mitsuki tidak menggandeng MC hari itu maka Haruka tidak mengalami koma 3 tahun yang sangat menyedihkan
Mar 25, 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
Reply to Darkdaxter
Mitsuki all the way. I think this anime was meant to be a more adult and realistic story than most. And I personally don't think any of the characters are acting beyond the pale.

In my opinion, Mitsuki's actions make perfect sense. She and Takayuki both liked each other originally. The whole reason Takayuki is apprehensive about being with Haruka in the first place is because of Mitsuki. Couples form and bond over shared tragedies all the time. It's completely natural for a person to get insecure over what is essentially an emotional affair, and later becomes a romantic affair when Haruka and Takayuki start making out again.

Mitsuki says she doesn't want to be Haruka's friend anymore because she's an active threat to their relationship, and she wants to create distance between the three of them. When that boundary is threatened, she tries to forbid him from seeing her. Immature actions sure, but completely believable given the situation. And honestly it's up for debate whether detached sex is worse than emotionally bonding with your former lover.

The worst thing that Mitsuki did was try to pressure Takayuki into telling Haruka about their relationship. It's a reasonable demand normally, but given the situation that would have only ended horribly. The medical staff and Haruka's parents were the worst people, for essentially forcing Takayuki into an emotional affair, something that is clearly insane to ask of an active couple. At the end of the day though, Takayuki failed to uphold proper boundaries in that context.

Everyone needs a girl like Mitsuki to pick them up when the chips are down. While I liked all the girls, I definitely appreciate this being the canon pairing in the anime. It would have been nice for the group to remain friends at the end, but that would be unrealistic and very difficult to manage. Ex-lovers rarely work out as friends, especially right after a breakup. It makes complete sense why they moved away. I just wish they commented more on Takayumi's original feelings for Mitsuki because those were essentially forgotten about in the series.

As for the other girls: Akane comes next, as a mixture between the two. I was surprised this was never touched on. Then Daiguuji. We don't really get any time with the rest of the supporting cast that interact with him, so Haruka comes in at 4th. They didn't have much in common or a whole lot of chemistry to begin with, and even the original relationship felt like it existed more because it was easy than anything else. Normally I would choose Haruka's role in similar anime, but I think she was incredibly weak here (no pun intended). I'm definitely biased though because Mitsuki is 100% my type, and it's a shame she cut her hair. Don't get me wrong, the short hair still looks great, but I liked the long hair more.

P.S. I realized I never mentioned the friend's love angle. Yes, it is a bitch move to go after someone a friend is interested in or was in a relationship with. But I honestly don't care all that much. At the end of the day, if you really care about someone, you want them to be happy, even if it's not with you. And if you feel really strongly for someone, I don't think it should be a crime to confess to them or go out if your intentions are pure. It would be a different story if Mitsuki didn't care for Takayuki. Without Mitsuki's help, Haruka would have never even asked him out. So in a timeline where Mitsuki doesn't help her, she'd still be betraying Haruka's feelings if she acted instead. And Haruka also suspected that Takayuki and Mitsuki liked each other from the beginning, yet no one levels the same criticism at her. That point is a wash in my opinion. It focuses more on the jealous idea of, "if I can't have them no one will," then what's actually best for everyone involved.

Also, even putting the sex aside. I think we can all agree that Shinji is a trash friend. Yes, people can start moving faster out of sheer survival if left alone during a crisis; but it's always best to share the burden (responsibly) and and move forward together even if it takes more time. If you've had to go through your lowest points alone, you already understand this intimately.
@Darkdaxter "And Haruka also suspected that Takayuki and Mitsuki liked each other from the beginning, yet no one levels the same criticism at her."

I do not recall at any point in the anime where Haruka suspected that Takayuki and Mitsuki had eyes for each other at any point. Given, I havent seen the anime since like late 2021, but I do not recall Haruka ever noticing that Takayuki likes Mitsuki or that Mitsuki likes Takayuki or both
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

180 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 24, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

52 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 23, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 3 Discussion

Di27 - Apr 16, 2008

47 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

55 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 8, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Di27 - Apr 17, 2008

54 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 7, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.