Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2011 6:08 PM

May 2011
Welcome to the club!

Tell us a little something about yourself. Ah, then you could share how you got to read Magi and why you like it~

ex:

Hmm, let's see... Greetings and salutations!~ My nickname's hiitsu-chi. I like typing in kaomoji and I also like ecchi. (●´∀`●)
I started reading Magi because I found it on pixiv and I was all "Uwaah! What pretty art! ♥" afterwards, used the tag ’マギ’ to locate the manga.
I really like Magi because it has that sense of originality to it even though the characters seem stereotypical, rest assured, I was very much touched with the character development in the manga. Lastly, the plot is, in more ways than one, interesting and I was immediately drawn to it.
お兄ちゃんどいて!そいつ殺せない! ( ´∀`)

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 8, 2011 4:23 AM

Jul 2010
Oh here i go!

I'm Len. I'm a manga enthusiast. I learned about magi since my friend recommended it to me and said that magi will be worth my time. Also, the fanarts i saw on magi really urged me to start reading it and yes, no doubt, magi really is a good manga.

I was really fascinated about it since almost all the characters that i know appeared on magi like ali baba, aladdin etc. not only that, the author had given it a twist and combined them all into one amazing story. The art was really good too and the manga has received a lot of fans international and in japan alone too. I enjoyed reading it since at most arc, story gets more better and interesting.

Mar 8, 2012 11:09 AM

May 2011
Hi there!~

My name is Andrea, but my nick is Alice, so you can call me like that uvu I'm a derpy otaku who loves procrastinating and searching precious pictures in pixiv ♥ I also love drawing and playing the piano :3 /KAOMOJI POWER.

I started reading Magi because I found a beautiful art (The one of the Fanclub xD) and I said 'Why not?' so I tried it and I regret nothing. It's one of the best mangas I have ever read. The story is original and I love it's characters, I don't understand why it isn't very popular, though :C

I'm really sad because it's being translated quite slowly and I wanna read moar moar and MOARRRR ;~;

L o s · L o b o s .
What creates life, is a wish.
Aug 19, 2012 2:37 AM

Aug 2012
Hey there~ I'm Lili! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
I'm a plain otaku who loves to draw, play video games and being random. :3

I discovered Magi through ZeroChan a while ago when I stumbled upon some really awesome Fan Art, and the fanart kept pouring and pouring so i searched the Manga and started reading. I couldn't stop my eyes reading and I had to study for my finals too! xD
I was astonished by the pretty art and the epic story. :'D
Now I'm in love with the Manga and is my favourite anime related story EVER. ;U;
Sep 30, 2012 3:23 PM

May 2011
Shinkan said:
Oh here i go!

I'm Len. I'm a manga enthusiast. I learned about magi since my friend recommended it to me and said that magi will be worth my time. Also, the fanarts i saw on magi really urged me to start reading it and yes, no doubt, magi really is a good manga.

I was really fascinated about it since almost all the characters that i know appeared on magi like ali baba, aladdin etc. not only that, the author had given it a twist and combined them all into one amazing story. The art was really good too and the manga has received a lot of fans international and in japan alone too. I enjoyed reading it since at most arc, story gets more better and interesting.

Shinkan, dear, your font is miniscule and I am trying really hard to squint here. (just kidding you know i love you, hon! uvu)

And I know! It's like, there are these elements in the manga that just reel you into it, you know what I'm saying?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DistantAvalon said:
Hi there!~

My name is Andrea, but my nick is Alice, so you can call me like that uvu I'm a derpy otaku who loves procrastinating and searching precious pictures in pixiv ♥ I also love drawing and playing the piano :3 /KAOMOJI POWER.

I started reading Magi because I found a beautiful art (The one of the Fanclub xD) and I said 'Why not?' so I tried it and I regret nothing. It's one of the best mangas I have ever read. The story is original and I love it's characters, I don't understand why it isn't very popular, though :C

I'm really sad because it's being translated quite slowly and I wanna read moar moar and MOARRRR ;~;

Hello alice! Welp, at least now the translation and the size of the fanbase is fixed! More love for Magi yay! uwu Welcome to the club!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chiinisa said:
Hey there~ I'm Lili! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
I'm a plain otaku who loves to draw, play video games and being random. :3

I discovered Magi through ZeroChan a while ago when I stumbled upon some really awesome Fan Art, and the fanart kept pouring and pouring so i searched the Manga and started reading. I couldn't stop my eyes reading and I had to study for my finals too! xD
I was astonished by the pretty art and the epic story. :'D
Now I'm in love with the Manga and is my favourite anime related story EVER. ;U;

Haro Lili! Yes, the fanart is the sole medium that drew me into Magi. ;b; I'm just like "Wow, okay. The fanart is really, really gorgeous." And here we are on our toes, awaiting the anime adaptation. ;v; Welcome to the club!
お兄ちゃんどいて!そいつ殺せない! ( ´∀`)

Oct 6, 2012 4:22 PM

May 2011
Hey, the name's Saleh.
A normal otaku who loves video games, anime & manga stuff.

I discovered Magi when it was announced that its going to be adapted into anime, so I went into one of the manga website and start reading it. I like it because the art and the development of the characters was good to read. And the idea of Arabian Nights makes me eager to read more.
Oct 11, 2012 6:08 PM

Jul 2012
"Mahou Shoujo Usagimimi Timer Rabbit is here!"

*Cough*

Hello~ You can call me Timer if you like! If you are curious about my avatar and signature, I like a few things: Fantasy/adventure, mahou shoujo (and shounen if setting, theme, and characters are interesting), and probably all above if I can fit my target audience. (And good storytelling.) I am SUPER PICKY on anime too, and tried to avoid slice-of-life or anything that had heavy drama because I am SUPER SENSITIVE and I will cry like a baby. ;w;

I am one of the people (like the late D.Gray-Man victims) who found out via the anime. Turns out that the manga-ka is a GIRL(!!! <3) and had done Sumomomo Momomo! (AKA the "IneIne" dance meme on YouTube/NND) And with about three manga I am not familiar with... Yea I wouldn't found out so easily.

I discovered it when the Anime Club meeting was showing Epi. 1 of it... SO MUCH LAUGHS in the meeting room and I can not help but either dying in guilt or in laughter! (Oh and Elizabeth. GOD GRAVY!!!) Aladian is just to cute hhnngghh....

I have herd that the anime was paced a bit different, much of how D.Gray-Man (my longest anime I have watched back in 08) was treated with fillers (though some are good) and side-arcs. ^^; Plus that anime aired when the manga was still going. So for Magi's treatment... I guess till then I have to lurk around and see what are the changes for the manga readers. ^^;

Magi is one of the few interesting fantasy tales that had the Arabian setting, and I think that's pretty uncommon to rare, especially when picking the names for a hottie like Alibaba. ^^; I also detect Aladian as a potential "mahou shounen" character: Someone who can use magic to help others. Or at least that's what my first impression is from watching the pilot episode/episode 1. So it had something I like.

Oh and "Mori". I have a sensitive rage moment when it comes to characters that are in procession as a slave. ;_; Makes you anxious if she will be set free... Right? ^^;

That should be enough blabber for me, mii~

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 14, 2012 7:53 PM

Oct 2009
... just another Magi fan, who fell asleep and forgot to introduce oneself... hello...
"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love."

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
Oct 17, 2012 11:51 AM

Feb 2011
Hello, I'm Alex and I'm just your friendly neighborhood otaku. Feel free to call me sol or sola if you like~ ;D

My hobbies include web and graphic design, drawing, writing fantasy/fictional stories, and obviously watching anime and reading manga. Originally I wasn't all that into reading manga and I put watching anime above all other preferences. It wasn't until after watching an anime and for months afterwards seeing people talk about how the anime adaption was terrible and completely different compared to the superior manga. Finally, my curiosity got the better of me and I read the long 200+ chapter manga and loved it! However, Magi is actually what really got me into reading more manga.

The type of anime I watch differs greatly (from romance dramas to action-packed shounen). My favorite genre(s) however are action, shounen, adventure, and fantasy. My favorite anime is and always will be Inuyasha, because it was the first anime that I watched when introduced to anime and its story, characters, and pretty much all of its components just captivate me. However the first anime I have ever watched (I didn't know what anime was back then) would be Sailor Moon.

I was first introduced to the ever-so-wonderful manga known as Magi due to MAL's recommendations. However the recommendation was for the (atm) soon-to-air anime. I read the synopsis and character profiles and immediately added it to my Plan to Watch list. To get an idea of what the anime would be like I decided to take a peek at a few random manga chapters (Kind of gave me some spoilers before I decided to read it lol). In the long run, after the first episode aired I decided to read it; mainly to pass time by while waiting for the anime. Magi is easily my second favorite manga (right after Houshin Engi) and I am currently anticipating each new chapter. (Because I just had to read it all non-stop and now I have to wait to read more... OTL).

What I love about Magi is the setting for the most part. An Arabian setting is different and I haven't seen it an anime much, if not at all, and interests me. The characters are also very unique and you don't find most characters from other anime like them, while at the same time there are some you can compare to other characters (to me; Judal and Izaya Orihara for example). The characters are all also so lovable, even the antagonists. I'm really looking forward to the anime adaption and so far the two episodes out are off to an amazing start, in my opinion. C:
solazoraDec 26, 2012 12:27 PM
Dec 23, 2012 2:01 PM

Jul 2011
Well.. I'm Noa c: I'm a perfectionist, I always reply late, I've a big imagination & this year I have been to Tokyo, Japan. It was hot. The bomb. Everything. LOL. I was like; taking every picture of a Japanese person when he/she had an unique style and everything else extraodinary (like a real tourist yes haha) you don't see in Europe/The Netherlands.

Why I came to like Magi is all because of Tumblr. When I saw Magi on animecrazy I was like; 'hmmm doesn't really seem interesting (judging by the cover. I won't do it ever again lol)'

But thanks to Tumblr, I became interested in it and started watching it.

Like; I LOVE MAGI TO THE FULLEST NOW. FANALIS ARE AWESOME, THEY ARE ALL PRETTY AND GORGEOUS AND HAVE AWESOME NAMES. AND EVERY EMPIRE HAS LOVEABLE CHARACTERS. Really. The anime is colourful and has a lot of humor (it's like a replacement of Avatar The Last Airbender!)

And even though it's colourful and bright, it still has it's dark sides. Which is a really awesome thing, well thought producers.

Also, after watching 9 episodes I started to read the 165+ chapters of the manga because I couldn't wait.. It was so gooood, and now I have to wait again D;
Dec 30, 2012 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
Hi, I'm Sty! I'm an avid fan of Magi and I love magi so much. I got to read Magi when one of their fanarts got a user's ranking in Pixiv a very long time ago. The fanart was SinJa and I came to love that pair infinitely. c:
Jan 13, 2013 9:48 AM
Feb 2012
Hi guys. My name's GuiltyKing and I'm a Magiholic. :>
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 1, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
[I'm kumagawa and I'm just your average fanboy otaku of so many characters that my favorite character wall gets updated almost daily and the characters of magi are so awesome. I love alibaba Aladdin morgiana sinbad and everybody else]
Feb 8, 2013 7:27 PM

May 2012
hi sup, im Dark_messiah just join coz im freaking like magi, esp morgiana...and wanna be friends with everyone :D

i started to read the manga when i saw the anime. and after that i became magi addict that read the manga twice and watch the anime 3times(after the balbad arc). I like it coz of its uniqueness..
Dark_MessiahFeb 8, 2013 7:32 PM

Feb 9, 2013 5:31 AM

Jun 2012
Hey i'm Sarah,
Honestly, I haven't got to read it but i'm going to start later tonight.
I started watching magi this week and was hooked about 15 minutes in.

I thought it was going to be just another anime, with some off plot and that would be all, but it ended up being something amazing.

I hope we can be friends soon.
Feb 19, 2013 12:18 PM
Jan 2013
Hi! My name is Rachael and my nickname is Sou but you can call me whichever you prefer ^^ I'm also Korean.

I found Magi because the website I used to watch all my anime had Magi up as one of its banners. I planned to watch it sometime because the description intrigued me (1001 Nights and all~ It seemed interesting). I watched the first ep. with my brother and I knew it was going to be a good one.

I began reading the manga after episode 12 or 13. The manga is a lot better than the anime, I have to say. But I still love both <3

I love Magi because it relates to history! (I'm.. a nerd ok.) I love how the author portrays imperfection in all the characters and how they overcome them to display even more character development. I love love love the Kou Empire. I really like how awesome the art is too. Surprise plot twists are done so well. The characters overall are all lovable. I just can't say enough good things about it. ><
soukaiiFeb 21, 2013 3:38 PM
Feb 20, 2013 3:34 AM

Feb 2013
I'm not good at these.

Hello my name is Smith, I honestly prefer to be called that since it's my name, or a variation of it.

I speedrun Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and play competitive Super Smash Bros Melee. In my spare time I read manga.

Tumblr is how I found out, seeing funny gifs of Aladdin made me catch interest because I really like his character design & name (and every other character as well) It's one of my favorite manga now.
Feb 20, 2013 6:34 AM
Feb 2013
Hello miwa!!
I'm Nagisa and magi is one of my favourite manga. When I first started to read it, I thought it was gonna be another typical fantasy shonen, but it turned out something more than that. I really like the unique story and the interesting characters. My ultimate fav. character is Sinbad. Then, I also like Hakuei Ren, Alibaba, Kougyoku Ren, Hakuryuu Ren, Morgiana and Ja'far.
Apr 15, 2013 8:57 AM

Mar 2012
Hello :)

I'm Shiizumi, 18 years old and an anime and manga lover just like everyone else. I run an anime blog somewhere in wordpress, you can check it out if you want. I love cute things :)

Well, I learned about Magi when the anime came out. I loved the story and the characters are all likeable, and cute... and I love everything that is cute. Then, I read the manga after the anime ended. I'm kinda disappointed with the anime ending, but let's just accept it. I love the story, it has a message and tackles deep issues like politics and morale while maintaining the action and magic in the story.

One of the best shounen manga I've read so far.
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG : http://shiizumi.wordpress.com/
May 13, 2013 4:36 PM
May 2013
hi guys, i'm animescambuta, cambuta for short, I like magi because it has everything I ever looked for in an anime and at first it didn't seem so good but I got hooked right away and I can't wait for the season 2! one of the best animes I ever seen!
Jun 5, 2013 11:16 AM
Jun 2013
Hi! I'm Deyniel. (I'm a newbie in myanimelist so im not yet familiar here...)
I watched Magi anime first before reading the manga. I tried watching the anime cos it has great art, then I eventually became hooked with magic and Djinns.:-D After some time, I decided to read the manga, too. Magi became one of my favorites because for me it's unique--not the usual Hero vs. Evil.
Aug 23, 2013 8:47 AM

Apr 2011
Hi guys! I'm an admin at an Anime/Manga Community page in Facebook that just recently started....so friends and foes, Please LIKE, SHARE, and SUPPORT:
>> https://www.facebook.com/AnimeXtremeOverload
>> https://www.facebook.com/AnimeXtremeOverload

Arigatou! :)
Memory keeper... ^_^
Aug 11, 2014 12:46 AM

Oct 2007
what's up? I'm Heysayjeskuh and I'm from Hawaii~ Who actually just came back from Korea a month ago... hmmm I've only watched the first season of magi and plan to watch the second season soon... i'm in love with Alibaba, Hakuryuu, and Jafar <3
Aug 11, 2014 8:16 AM
Feb 2012
HeySayJesKuh said:
what's up? I'm Heysayjeskuh and I'm from Hawaii~ Who actually just came back from Korea a month ago... hmmm I've only watched the first season of magi and plan to watch the second season soon... i'm in love with Alibaba, Hakuryuu, and Jafar <3

Welcome to the club, my Hawaiian friend.
Enjoy your stay at our humble abode. Grab a drink, take a seat, and turn on the TV (or grab some manga). There's plenty of Magi goodness to choose from. ;)
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 18, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
Hello! Im Kinoiri!
I first stumbled across Magi when I was looking for a long shounen manga to read. At first I found it really weird that it had a Middle East theme. I continued reading and before long I fell in love with the series. The art, characters and the storyline were all amazing. I read the manga twice before finding out that it had an anime...Pretty much stayed up 2 nights to finish both seasons. I really enjoyed the OST for the anime as well. My favourite character is Yunan <3
Aug 27, 2014 8:08 AM
Jan 2013
konnichiwa minnasan~ you can call me Jazz ^^

I am a graphic designer who despite already working is still young at heart and watching anime xD I like fantasy-adventure shounen and slice of life, basically any anime that has interesting story and depth, rich characters, also have something to learn --that's why I like slice of life.

I am quite a late fan of Magi, didn't know about this anime before because it was overshadowed by Shingeki no Kyojin, Kuroko no Basket and alike.. I discovered it when browsing MAL and out of curiosity, got the episodes for both seasons and started watching.... and I LOVE IT!! even though the characters looks cute and humorous like in Hayate no Gotoku, the story is surprisingly deep and I like the flow of events, and especially the characters and setting.

Dark_Messiah said:
hi sup, im Dark_messiah just join coz im freaking like magi, esp morgiana...and wanna be friends with everyone :D

i started to read the manga when i saw the anime. and after that i became magi addict that read the manga twice and watch the anime 3times(after the balbad arc). I like it coz of its uniqueness..

Love your signature Dark_Messiah ^^
Jan 2, 2015 1:06 AM
Dec 2014
My name is Dorcree. I started reading magi after watching an epic amv on it on Youtube.

Since than I have fallen in love with the characters. My fave is Morgiana. To me she is the definition of a strong heroine and more girls in shonen should be like her :)
One does not simply watch anime.
Jul 4, 2015 5:25 PM
Jun 2015
Hello ╰(*´︶`*)╯I'm Kiara but most call me Choco (✿´ ꒳ ` )
I'm probably obsessed with any Fanalis or Ren family member.. I actually began watching Magi on accident[I was looking for PMMM] and thought it was pretty funny and then read the manga until KOM came out. I'm too impatient to wait for the English version to come out so I learned Japanese to read some of the raws (ノ≧ڡ≦). I swear I'm not a weeaboo ಥ‿ಥ!
Aug 30, 2015 11:08 PM
Aug 2015
Ahaiooo!!! I am Stavrin and a female (don't let my username trick you xD) I am in love with billions of anime characters and some of them are everyone in Magi except for Alladin. My all time favourite ship is Juhaku,it's just...kyaaa >///<. I am a Fujoshi and kinda a weeaboo so you have been warned xD
Sep 7, 2015 3:22 PM
Aug 2015
I'm MacKenzie, I just recently got into Magi (three weeks ago) and am already not ready or prepared for the shit storm Ohtaka is preparing to unleash on us.
Feb 22, 2022 4:43 PM
Feb 2022
Hello 👋. I don't know if anyone will see this comment but here goes. I haven't seen a lot of anime and don't plan to watch more, but this is one of my favorites lol. I discovered Magi last summer when I watched a video animated with the opening song. I watched it on Netflix and became obsessed. I love the world building, the plot is engaging, the characters are immaculate 👌 and the art in it is impeccable. I'm sad there's not many fans still around, but the few wishing for a season 3, I'm there with you!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Best bow

xpuao_ - Dec 8, 2021

1 by Hintigo »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:55 PM

» Magi Volume 4

Hintigo - Jul 19, 2023

0 by Hintigo »»
Jul 19, 2023 11:35 PM

» Favorite characters and least favorite ( 1 2 )

gally_exe - Feb 23, 2012

56 by xpuao_ »»
Nov 27, 2021 2:18 PM

» Newest Chapter

Timidodin - Jul 2, 2016

0 by Timidodin »»
Jul 2, 2016 9:41 PM

» Magi RP

Rancze - Jun 9, 2016

0 by Rancze »»
Jun 9, 2016 5:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.