Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2008 7:57 PM

Mar 2008
I like Naruto, but I can't stand it's fans

I think that Naruto is an "okay" show. It's not my favorite, but I know that right now, someone out there is a huge fan of it. I don't necessarily mean to put him/her down, but it's most annoying when a Narutard goes on a rant saying "OMG I LOVE NARUTO". It doesn't exactly make me feel good. I know of a few decent Naruto fans that don't go on pointless rants, and I can actually discuss things with them. On the other hand, there are those that leave strange comments on my profile, and most of them are users for example; omgsasuke123, or sakurathisandthat (note: these are not real users)

I admit, I do check out the latest Naruto episodes every once in a while, but I don't over-obsess about it. I'm not a crazed fan either. Though I have dealt with them.
It is said that Naruto is the most popular manga known to fans. It is popular, but that doesn't mean we all like it. Some of us do, but the fanbase just gets in the way.
XmoonbladeJul 1, 2008 8:00 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 2, 2008 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
I've watched a little bit of Naruto - mainly 'cause I dont have enough time to watch more than one 100+ series [I'm already watching Bleach]. but I have seen enough to know who the characters are and the plot. I like Naruto but I dont understand the extreme hype around it.......... again, maybe its beacause I havent seen enough of it.

but at conventions, the narutard are funny to me!
Jul 2, 2008 3:59 PM

Mar 2008
Duelistbluerose said:
I've watched a little bit of Naruto - mainly 'cause I dont have enough time to watch more than one 100+ series [I'm already watching Bleach]. but I have seen enough to know who the characters are and the plot. I like Naruto but I dont understand the extreme hype around it.......... again, maybe its beacause I havent seen enough of it.

When I went to Anime Boston 2008, a kid cosplayed as Naruto, climbed a building, and wouldn't come down. Half of us were laughing, and the other half were freaking out thinking he'd get hurt. Then he was shouting things like "sexy juutsu!" and such. It was enough to annoy and old man who was a passerby on the sidewalk.

Jul 3, 2008 3:11 AM
Apr 2008
It's mostly the younger fans. A majority of older Narutards do grow up eventually.
You normally get the pathetic comments and extrememist declarations from 10 year-olds. But half the time you'd think they were 5 year olds. ¬_¬
Jul 3, 2008 2:42 PM

Jan 2008
Duelistbluerose said:

Well, just so you know, there's about...I think eighty episodes that you can just skip over. Once you get to the end of the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, just skip ahead to Shippuden.

HikariDawn said:
It's mostly the younger fans. A majority of older Narutards do grow up eventually.
You normally get the pathetic comments and extrememist declarations from 10 year-olds. But half the time you'd think they were 5 year olds. ¬_¬

Well, it is technically a kid's show, I suppose (kind of odd for a kid's show to have characters that are mass murderers, and one that's a suspected child molestor, but whatever).
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Jul 4, 2008 6:56 PM

Mar 2008
Naruto fans come in all ages, but yeah, it's mostly a kid's show. About the episodes though, you can skip so many of them because there are fillers and such. Plus, they repeat the same flashbacks over and over again, especially Sasuke and Gaara's backgrounds.

Dec 31, 2009 11:53 PM

Dec 2009
Well, for starters I like the show, but I am not overly obssesed with it! People should not take things too far, but in a way.....*sigh* some people do....:/

Its not too bad of a thing.....I just see it way to much. Oh and by the way! LOL!!!!!! I love the name Narutards!!! I don't know why, but I lo ve that name and sometimes i try to get people to call me that in school. So I bought a Naruto scketchbook and showed it to a few people, they called me a Narutard! LOL! It was so much fun. XD

Sorry, lol, but I can't help it when I get bored
Would you rather be a human, neko, an animal, or something else?

Me: I choose to be neko!!!
Oct 11, 2010 11:56 AM
Jun 2010
I will behead a narutard just because ITS A FREAKING SHOW!! AT LEAST BE SOMTHING BETTER LIKE BARNEY YOU LOOK LIKE DUECHES COSPLAYING NARUTO ITS JUST WRONG!

Oct 18, 2010 11:05 AM

Jan 2010
I really like Naruto.

I went to a Naruto panel at an anime convention once.

I left feeling convinced that we're truly living in the end of days.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Viz Media Confirms Plans to Present New Dubbed Naruto

KidRyan - Mar 23, 2009

0 by KidRyan »»
Mar 23, 2009 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.