Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2011 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
What kind of plot device that's normally used in fiction would you like to see happen in sekirei?

Personally, one I'd like to see is if one of Minato's sekirei got hurt during battle, like poisoned. And then we see Minato run to her and suck out the blood and start giving her emergency treatment on spot. Then we see Minato extensively treating that sekirei's wounds for the next few days, similar to the Pure Engagement finale, but more severe injury.This in turn would make their bond a lot more close. But I'd prefer this to happen to one of the sekirei who needs more development time with Minato, aka NOT Tsukiumi or Musubi lol.

Another would be the good ole Amnesia trick. Minato gets hit hard on his head, and can't remember anything before the day of his second exam. So his sekirei are panicking cause they don't know if he will ever remember them, leading to some very good drama. I love the kind of situation when a girl cries for the guy she likes, like that scene in Mai-Hime with Mai crying over Yuuichi's dying body. Damn that would be so awesome if Minato's sekirei would do that over Minato, except without the dying part :P.
Damn this scene would be hot in sekirei, and then Minato revives with some mystical Ashikabi powers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu4ku0H9ccI
Tenchi_RyuAug 7, 2011 3:09 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 9, 2011 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
i think the amnesia thing would be a good way for the current sekirei to grow deeper with him and expand there abilities emotionally..... as they would all feel pretty hopeless and sad because Minato doesn't remember anything after entering his second entrance exam.... as long as he regains his memories it would be okay.....

and I think the poison or seriously injured thing would be the BEST way for Akitsu to develop a relationship with Minato. maybe bedridden for a long time and Minato faithfully coming to feed her and change her bandages and keep her company. that would be really romantic and lots of cute scenes between them. It would also be a very plausible way for her to gain acceptance at Izumo Inn, especially if she is injured fighting for her current douschebag (I mean ashikabi-like person) and he abandons her during the fight.
Aug 10, 2011 7:24 AM
Jul 2011
I think the whole "hurt in battle thing" has already been done, both to Minato AND one of his Sekirei.

After "the great escape," Tsukiumi was actually nursing Minato on his hospital bed that is until Takami came along and really made an ass of herself.

Then Minato nursed Homura day and night, non-stop for 2 days after Homura nearly immolated himself prior to the winging. So that's been done.

As for the amnesia, I don't think that would be good for any part of the series at all.

I would like to see the "a new challenger" appears plot device happen though. Some REAL "Big bad" comes along, kills off Minaka (Yay!) and then the surviving Sekirei-Ashikabi pairs have a major fight for survival against an unrelenting foe.
Aug 10, 2011 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
Azure, I think when we say hurt in battle nursing thing we mean that the person being nursed in conscious the entire time and can see the person caring for them not just wake up and SURPRISE! you have been out of reality for 2-3 days and this person never left your side the whole time! not quite as romantic as what we are talking about.....

hmmmmm the "new challenger" idea would be okay if they were just a sekirei-ashikabi pairing rather than more powerful than minaka. it doesn't make sense to just go "oh look MBI is so powerful it can buy out an entire COUNTRY through its government. but yet this other guy here.... hes more powerful DUH!"

The plot device I would like to see more of is the teamwork between ashikabis and sekirei, other than minato, seo and sanada. like a big team of single pairings teams up and makes a name for themselves. so far its been everyman for himself which is ok. but not how real humans would react to this game. they would team up against the big 4, or at least yukari and shiina to take down the biggest threat and make themselves feel safer.
Aug 10, 2011 3:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Maybe something like: Minato gets taken over by some mind-control and his Sekirei are the only ones that can him bring him back to the light!

I'll think of more and get back to you guys.
Aug 10, 2011 5:20 PM

Jul 2011
Matsu referenced other Sekirei with "brain like" powers, including those that bordered on precognition. That could make for a brutal fight - maybe even give Matsu a chance to show off her own abilities.
Aug 10, 2011 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
hmmmm actually thats an excellent point melem! I like where your going with that idea! another brain sekirei and her ashikabi + allies maybe? against team minato!
Aug 10, 2011 8:25 PM

Jan 2011
Yea, I agree Samus that nurse back to health cliche would work wonders for Minato grabbing akitsu. He didn't really do that to Homura cause like Samus said, one was either sleep or not conscious, and Minato didn't do anything, he just sat there for support.

And the amnesia plot trick is a serious possibility if the Brain-type sekirei idea gets expanded, especially with a Norito powered attack.
Aug 10, 2011 11:23 PM

Jan 2011
hmmmmm now that we have brought up this topic. what about the other brain sekirei that Matsu mentioned? who are they working for? are they in a single pair or not? thoughts anyone? IMO I don't think that they would be extremely good at fighting 1v1 against other sekirei....

another plot device they might use is haruka/kuno and their return to the capitol, maybe with kuno having better control over her powers so they want to help minato finish the fight?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be a Ashikabi or a Sekirei?

EricwithaD-san - Jul 20, 2008

32 by ManiTaku94 »»
Aug 23, 2018 6:06 AM

» Moved Topic: Which sekirei do you feel will be Minato's first lover and why?

Tenchi_Ryu - Jul 31, 2011

12 by Chaos-Zero »»
Apr 19, 2016 8:25 AM

» Discussing Things..

Playcanon - Aug 5, 2013

1 by Chaos-Zero »»
Aug 11, 2015 8:41 PM

Sticky: » NEW MEMBER ID CARDS!! [ ON HOLD ] ( 1 2 )

sarroush - Jun 9, 2009

96 by Wanaziba »»
Aug 19, 2013 2:38 AM

» Sekirei Season 3, what are you waiting to see?

Tenchi_Ryu - Jul 31, 2011

12 by Zero_Vi_Britania »»
Jan 20, 2012 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.