Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 31, 2011 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
What are parts in the Manga that you felt did better than the anime, and what parts of the anime did you feel did better than the Manga?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 31, 2011 10:20 PM

Jan 2011
if I was to pick..... hmmmmmm i think what stands out most to me is:

Anime:

Kazehana's winging was much funnier and cooler
I like phase 3 ending here, destruction of the MBI tower was awesome, still hoping that happens in manga somehow. So cool to watch

Manga:

They did a better job of making the whole izumo inn team look powerful, not just musubi
Uzume's death and the hospital raid is very dramatic and I liked how they saved her here. it fits better than in the anime.
Aug 1, 2011 2:53 AM

Jan 2011
Definitely the Kazehana arc is my favorite Arc in the anime, and proved that original anime material not only could be done well, but can successfully connect to the manga canon. Everytime I rewatch sekirei, I ALWAYS start here, season 2 episode 2 with Kazehana sneaking into his room. And I can never just watch that episode, I ALWAYS have to see episode 3 with it lol.

In the Manga, I definitely prefer the beginning, cause a lot of extra material was excluded from the anime, which I felt should have been there. Specifically the irony of how Minato was literally seen by all of his future sekirei excluding Kuu. It really showed how fate really does get you, and you usually don't expect or even notice it.

As a side note, one thing about this series as a whole that I liked is how Sakurako confirmed the anime with killing off Uzume in the manga. The reason I liked this is because this filled A LOT of people with doubt on how the anime was just gonna make a alternate ending to the story. But her doing this proved that the anime studio DOES at least somewhat communicate with her, and do plan on keeping the thick of the plot the same as the manga, which is always good.
Aug 4, 2011 5:14 AM

Jul 2011
Agreed, Kazehana's winging in the anime is my favorite.

The manga version of saving Chiho was far superior IMO.

One thing I really like about the anime though, is having the story animated - there are usually panels here and there that confuse me in manga until I've been through them many, many times. I've gradually come to realize that the speech bubbles sometimes have very, very small indicators that show they aren't associated to the person they're next to, which has helped ;).

Oh yes, and having a musical backdrop for the action scenes is *awesome*.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Would you be a Ashikabi or a Sekirei?

EricwithaD-san - Jul 20, 2008

32 by ManiTaku94 »»
Aug 23, 2018 6:06 AM

» Moved Topic: Which sekirei do you feel will be Minato's first lover and why?

Tenchi_Ryu - Jul 31, 2011

12 by Chaos-Zero »»
Apr 19, 2016 8:25 AM

» Discussing Things..

Playcanon - Aug 5, 2013

1 by Chaos-Zero »»
Aug 11, 2015 8:41 PM

Sticky: » NEW MEMBER ID CARDS!! [ ON HOLD ] ( 1 2 )

sarroush - Jun 9, 2009

96 by Wanaziba »»
Aug 19, 2013 2:38 AM

» Sekirei Season 3, what are you waiting to see?

Tenchi_Ryu - Jul 31, 2011

12 by Zero_Vi_Britania »»
Jan 20, 2012 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.