Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 2, 2011 9:14 PM

Apr 2010
What did you guys think of the ending?

WARNING: If you haven't completed the series, the following will completely ruin the series for you. You have been warned. Read at your own risk.
May 3, 2011 11:33 PM

Apr 2009
I feel the same way :'((( What the hell...why did she do that in the manga? probably to last longer...I was hoping that there's a chance but....damn that cute Nobuo:(( The only thing left now is to hope that in the manga they'll end together at last...I mean I can totally feel in the last ep that even after 6 years they are totally in love ...pls make them stay together ♥
Jun 25, 2011 1:59 AM

May 2009
It really sucked at my heart, seeing Nobu and Hachi still in love after so many years.. Two broken hearts that couldn't be paired.. I do want them to end up together too, but Hachi's relationship with Takumi is pretty complicated, and I feel I understand it. She loves both of them, and obviously she's happier with Nobu, but she's given birth to Takumi's child and in his own way Takumi loves her too, just not the way she wants. And she decided it. To stick with your decision is also important. Takumi's mature, while Nobu, compared to him, is still a bit immature. Plus, Takumi's more daring. They really are attractive characters, no wonder Hachi is serously stuck. And she will be.

So many strong feelings... Gosh, Ai Yazawa is so goddamn complicated!!!!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 25, 2011 4:30 PM

May 2008
I think Hachi's decision to stay with Takumi represents her growth from a fickle girl to a woman who can make choices with the future in mind.

But dammit I love Nobu and Hachi together.

I enjoy watching people's favorites. Recommend your favorite show to me, even if I have it dropped/on hold.
Jul 1, 2011 9:13 AM
Apr 2011
Argg.. I really want Hachi and Nobu to be together,, I really think that even though Hachi and Nobu loves each other so much they can't just be together, that's a tragedy for me..

@Kundalini, I agree with you.. She made her decision, so it is natural to deal with it and Hachi really matures. She is not only thinking of herself now when it comes to decision, she is also thiking her family as a whole.
Aug 3, 2011 7:10 AM

Oct 2009
I didn't like Hachi for the decision she made to go with Takumi. She was so indecisive at times and made a lot of mistakes (which is a point to the concept of Nana, I know) but I really couldn't find myself to like her after what she put Nobu through. I did like when they got together, although that was another mistake that Hachi made of getting with Nobu without breaking it off with Takumi first.
Aug 23, 2011 2:38 AM

Mar 2011
Just gonna post the same comment I posted on the last episode..
Just the conclusion I sorta made peace with in mind. With a lot of what 'hikaricore' said as well.
-If you even bother reading.. but this was one brutal anime to watch. Reality really slapped me in the face after watching.

~~~

It seems things have really changed in the future.

-Since the time Nana took over narrating with Hachi, it just threw my whole conclusions and ideas on a spin-off. I was so confused as to what would happen..

-Ai really related Ren&Nana to the relationship of Sid&Nancy. I found out about them halfway through watching the series, and since then, was just dreading this last episode. Your theory with what happened with Sid&Nancy could very well be true. But I don't think either of them were suicidal. Yeah, Ren was addicted. Whether it was psychological or not, he couldn't live without Nana. Similar to what Sid Vicious felt for Nancy. And if Nana were to go, then I'm sure Ren would follow after. It's never mentioned if they've seen Ren recently, so I assume he's with Nana..wherever she is. And I'm at leas happy for that.

-I see that BLAST has broken up then..as the members haven't seen each other in about 2 months..wonder what happened to TRAPNEST then..

-If the ring that Ren was planning to buy Nana really did end up with Hachi, then that's even more reason to believe she's seperated from Tamuki.

-About Hachi..I'm thinking that maybe Takumi mentioning that the wedding would be put on hold was a definite sign. Positive that the child is Takumi's though. And even though Nobu held back in the past, now in the future...when he caught hold of her hand, it seemed like they've finally both accepted it. Satsuki's name also means that Takumi either changed his mind or was just out of the picture. She seems cool with Nobu. And I really wish to hope that Hachi can finally live together with Nobu, and raise a family with him.

..So I guess I'm happy with this ending. Wasn't expecting it that's for sure. But I never did in this anime..that's what kept me through.. this has really made me think. The reality of it, it just pained me so much and made me hope but...not everything's what you hope for. It never really is. It just felt all so real. So very real.

-Ai Yazawa, you have my best wishes. I guess you sucked me much too deep into this beautifu and fragile world you've woven. It's been years but, I hope you find the inspiration and the strength to draw again. You're work's brought tears to my eyes. Not to mention millions of others.

Let's just leave it at a Sid&Nancy ending for now. A punk Romeo&Juliet tragedy. (10)
Sep 1, 2011 12:50 PM

Feb 2009
I somehow dislike that ending.

1. I don't mind TakumixHachi. Hachi is special for him, and he is also special for Hachi. And I like her growth from an indecisive girl to a woman. Also, I disliked Takumi at first, but in the end I got to like him in some sense and I think that Hachi would be happy with him.
2. I don' like the ending when there is a huuuge clue of what happened with Hachi and no clue with what happened to Nana. In my opinion they should make one more episode with the whole "meeting in the future" thing.

Gosh. I hope there will be the second season.
http://fairy-end.myminicity.com - please click me sometimes xD
Dec 15, 2021 12:24 PM
Dec 2017
still waiting for a full ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 13, 2008

75 by LunaInkChan »»
Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Apr 19, 2007

78 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Mar 5, 2007

66 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Feb 12, 2007

65 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

115 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.